Silver Surfer vs Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Duke
Which could be the last one standing in this Vs topic?

I believe Silver Surfer could take this battle.

Manowar
the Surfer

Alpha Centauri
Why all of a sudden has Juggernaut become credible opponent for The Surfer?

Hilarity has prevailed here.

-AC

who?-kid
I don't know... Surfer is the most powerful, that's true, but Juggernaut is Juggernaut. Anybody who can give Hulk or Thor serious trouble, is, in my opinion, a candidate to fight Silver Surfer.

By the way, I don't say Juggernaut is in the same league as Surfer - he would probably lose - but it would be a good fight.

Linkalicious
I don't even think it would be that good of a fight.

Unlike Thor and Hulk....Silver Surfer uses energy projection and his speed too well.

Unless the comic is written poorly, I don't see how Juggs will even get close enough to lay his hands on Silver Surfer.

who?-kid
That's true, as long as Surfer keeps distance => no problem. But I really think that when Juggernaut gets his big hands on Surfer, Surfer could be in for a surprise.

But, then again, nothing he couldn't handle big grin.

Jason Wyngarde
sufer would win but he would get annoyed at how long it took to take juggy out

norrin radd
Radd is the winner.

Linkalicious
how cute...Manowar and Centauri both have the same picture in their sig.

You two could make a married couple. inlove

laughing

Jason Wyngarde
better than tom cruise

Linkalicious
that's not just Tom Cruise Saiyan boy....that's Cole Trickle cool

Recognize!!!

Manowar
were both guys you dickhead

Manowar
and besides i made this sig for him, and thats why im using it! so he can take it!

Jason Wyngarde
oh sorry i dint realize you had a crush on both of them

Linkalicious
I know...

1. that makes the joke funnier

2. I was just messing around. stick out tongue

damn you comic nerds are so uptight. I'd hate to see what happens when you run out of those little card board backings for your comic baggies.

laughing

Victor Von Doom
Hahaha.

Alpha Centauri
I didn't even see him using the sig so that I could take it. Hence why I used half of the pic coz the whole one was giving me trouble.

The joke did make me chuckle though.

-AC

moshtitan
why do you always talk so much shit about comic nerds? so what if they are. i know your probally just jokin around but then you turn around and get all pissy when somebody else starts jokin around with someone whos not too familar with the comic characters(aside from a few) or uses improper grammar in their sentencs.

SnakeEyes
Linkalicious, you are a grade-A pompous ******* and i think you know it. The thing is, you just do not care whether you act like a shithead or not, which is sad. You have to come to these forums to try to make yourself feel better and insult others for no reason. Get a ****ing life.

Alpha Centauri
Linkalicious does get a little on the blob but in her (I assume she's a she due to her sig pic) defense I found the joke funny and I was involved in it.

-AC

Linkalicious
Joking around with somebody else?

You and your other little cronnies flamed the living daylights out of ChrissyG because he

a.) has the name Chrissy
b.) is from Canada
c.) admittedly doesn't know much about comics

And I'm the one that insults people to make myself feel better? Right. wink

Yes, and calling me a "grade-A pompous ba.stard" ( assume it's basta.rd by the number of letters) then calling me a sh!thead. Then telling me to get a "fu.cking life." is really MUCH MUCH more tasteful than me calling you a comic nerd.

Who's the one that's insulting who in order to make themselves feel better?? thought so. happy

OK, so by that logic, every person with a male in their sig is a girl, and every person with a female in their sig is a male.

So Silver Surfer in your sig makes you a girl right? confused

No need to "assume" anything. Try checking my profile

Thanks for your time gentlemen. Just remember, the 5:00pm show is different than the 9:00pm show. wavey

Victor Von Doom
As far as I could see, Link's comments were in jest, then he got flamed about flaming. Not sure how that works.

Anyway back to topic, what the hell? When did Juggernaut come up to the big leagues.

SnakeEyes
i was pissed off and felt like insulting somebody who deserved it and still does deserve it. Did i say it was more tasteful than your insult, No, but you should get much worse treatment from everyone else here, because of the way you treat others on this thread and all of the other ones. people like you just annoy me so much, and yes you do need to get a life.

Alpha Centauri
"OK, so by that logic, every person with a male in their sig is a girl, and every person with a female in their sig is a male.

So Silver Surfer in your sig makes you a girl right?

No need to "assume" anything. Try checking my profile"

Not many guys I know would have Tom Cruise in their icon and sig pic, especially given that he is someone females regard as attractive. Silver Surfer is a mere comic character.

Anyway, that being said, whether I assumed it was a safe assumption or not I did make an assumption, so I apologise. Considering the reason you were getting flamed was because of a joke I was involved in, yet I even admitted it were funny. I could have gone mad but I didn't so to pick out what was merely a safe assumption is a bit unfair I think.

Either way I agree with Vic's sentiments, when did Juggernaut hit the big leagues?

-AC

moshtitan
my little cronies? hardly. if you read some of my previous posts i actually had a hand in trying to stop the bashing of a persons nationality.
i MIGHT have made a few remarks to someone, but nothing out sides the lines of joking. i have read posts from you where you repeatedly bashed comic nerds(and more recently anime fans). in one paticular post you wrote some thing along the lines of not wanting to go to a comic store becuase you dont like bein around the nerds. but whatever dude. lets not argue because i dont like wasting forum space on petty disagreements.

Alpha Centauri
Chrissy G has repeatedly started pointless threads and made pointless posts asking us for comic knowledge and then when asked why he didn't buy comics he said coz he doesn't wanna be a geek and henceforth labelled us such. The only ever thing I pointed out was that he was making a fool of himself. He can't have it both ways.

Never have I dissed his nationality.

-AC

Linkalicious
Oh, well I guess that explains why a lot of girls on this site PM me to talk....i SO dont want that....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sarcasm aside, it was an honest mistake...no biggie.

Mosh -

My apologies for the cronies remark, and any bashing sent your way in general. Before i made that post i went looking for the one particular thread where ChrissyG got the 3rd degree from 3-4 membersbut i couldn't find it. So i relied on my terrible stoner memory to assume you were one of the many. again...sorry. big grin

And this one goes for all of you. What's wrong with being a comic nerd? Stan Lee's a comic nerd. Tod McFarlin is a comic nerd. Does that make them un-cool???? NO...it just makes them nerds.

And yes I rip on the people at comic stores. gotta rip on someone...right Snakeyes?

moshtitan
alls well that ends well..any way fellow stoners can never have animosity towards each other. now we must light up as a show of friendship. smokin'

SnakeEyes
ummm, sure

Manowar
you assclowns sure know how to ruin a decent thread

Duke
Well, not exactly ruined. Atleast I learned that Juggernaut isn't a match for the Surfer. Though the thread didn't turn out like I thought it would have, it became pretty interesting.

Arachnoidfreak
That's exactly what started this shit in the first place.

Alpha Centauri
Silver Surfer Vs Juggernaut isn't exactly a decent thread.

-AC

Duke
Then my apologies for creating it I suppose. My knowledge on comics is very thin, so I just figured, seeing as how much credit Juggernaut gets and seeing as how powerful Silver Surfer can be, I just figured it could be a decent Battle thread.

LeAtHerRFace
laughing good one

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I'm not faulting you dude. Just Juggernaut is getting too much credit for some reason. Two people, five at a stretch, backed him in the Juggernaut Vs Hulk thread and all of a sudden he's being held against Dr.Doom and The Silver Surfer.

-AC

LeAtHerRFace
Tom Cruise rocks!

LeAtHerRFace
Silver Surfer would win. Jugg may be able to hold his own for a bit, but not long.

Manowar
and so is that

Linkalicious
Thanks Leatherface.

Atleast someone laughed at my cardboard backings comment....i thought it was funny.

And you're right...Tom Cruise does, in fact, rock. Top Gun's on right now. rock

And finally for all Juggy hopefuls that may wander in here. Silver Surfer has taken a beatings that Juggernaut has yet to inflict on others...and still is alive today. Surfer wins...

moshtitan
well said.

LeAtHerRFace
laughing out loud
No prob. Well... its not on over here. We live in a different state big grin

Jason Wyngarde
in the danger zone

norrin radd
Surfer would transform juggernaugh in toilet paper.

Hey arachnoid, your cartton is from Futurama. GREAT SERIE

manjaro
Obviously the surfeer but i dont think it would be as easy as everyone thinks. Juggy would ......i dont know.....throw stuff at him faster than he can evaporate them........i dont know.....

who?-kid
Indeed. Why does everybody here think Surfer will have a walk in the park ? In other threads, Juggernaut is being overestimated, but here it's the other way around.

Juggy is definitely one of the bigger guys. He's - roughly - on the same level as Thor and Hulk (let the bashing begin big grin). Note : I didn't say better or stronger.

Surfer will win in the end (and certainly if he keeps distance), but watch it, Norrin Radd, don't let him come close to you !

Linkalicious
I just re-read what i posted earlier, and it seems that i make it pretty one sided in Silver Surfer's favor.

I DO think it would be a good battle, and I think Juggs could give him a run for his money....if he gets close.

But you guys gotta realize...Surfer won't throw punches....he'll just blast the crap out of him.

Now if those blasts have no affect on Juggs...that's totally different.

But Surfer isn't so dumb that he'd get into a slugging contest with Juggs, because though i'm not entirely sure...i think Juggs is much stronger physically.

Red Superfly
Juggernaught would introduce Northstar to Silver Surfer, and as Northsatr and Surfer are exchanging phone numbers and painting each others nails, Juggernaught would smash Surfer on the head WITH THE MOON.
Sorry, couldn't halp it, but i'd love for this to happen, I seriously can't stand the Silver Surfer, it's just so, camp.

Here's how the fight would probably work anyway (urgh):

Juggernaught: "Rargh! I'm gonna kick your ass because I'm so strong, and cool, and everyone wants me to win because nobody likes naked superheroes!"

Surfer: "Ooooh! Do you have any cheese doodles?" *honks a horn*

Juggernaught: ".................."

Surfer: "You see, that's what I do, I ask for a snack and then I blow the horn"

Juggernaught: "Die you camp mother!"

Surfer: "Ooooh, I like big feisty men with huge helmets"

Juggernaught: "ARGGGH!"

Surfer: "Come here big boy!"

*Juggernaught smashes into Surfer, knocks him flying*

Juggernaught: "Do not underestimate, the power of the Ju...."

Surfer: "I broke a nail! How dare you!"

*Surfer slaps Juggy with his handbag and blows him up*

norrin radd

who?-kid
Well, you can't say I didn't warn you wink.

norrin radd

Red Superfly
Well yeah, i'm all for campness. The 60's TV show of Batman was awesome because it was just so crazy - but Silver Surfer thinks itself to be serious - I mean come on.

Superheroes can be stupid, but Silver Surfer is just asking for it (literally, probably by a man).

who?-kid
Surfer is okay ! A bit too serious, but hey, nobody is perfect.

Linkalicious
well yah i knew he was class 100, but so is Juggs. It really doesn't matter though. Silver Surfer doesn't throw punches nearly as much as he projects his cosmic powers...

Red Superfly
I was just ribbin'. I just don't like him, that's all. I don't like "cosmic" or "from space" characters in general (unless it's Venom).

I just don't like the whole "superheroes in space" idea anyway. I think the extent to which it should go is astronauts having accidents or something - but the whole beings in space and stuff is just too corny.

And about Juggy getting blown up with Surfers handbag, that was a joke too. Surfers handbag would do damn all.

manjaro
*Exerpt for Silver Surfer preaching at the All Saints Church of Campness*(southern Baptist style)

you know brothas and sistas!(ah)

sometimes the men folk in the chuuch get a little hot (ah)

sometimes the men folk in the chuuch get a little bothered(ah)

sometimes the men folk in the chuuch get a little hot and bothered(ah)

now brothas and sistas(ah) all Im saying iiiiiisss(ah) when the men folk get hot and bothered, all they gotta do is caaallllll mmeeeeee! (ah)

CAN I GET A GAY-MEN!
*looks around embarassingly*

I MEAN AMEN!

FeceMan
I smiled at this. A lot. "That's a nice outfit. Did your husband make it for you?"

Anyway, just like in all the Supes vs. Hulk threads, the Silver Surfer could OBVIOUSLY just pick up Juggernaut and hurl him into outer space where he would freeze, his blood would boil, and his body would swell up and explode with a wet, plopping sound.

Come on, MOW (hehehe, I just thought of that...wow, I'm tired) that's the entire joke.

MOW! Go MOW the lawn! I just MOWwed those cookies down! I MOWwed on a watermelon once. I'll MOW you good! We're both guys, you MOW! (Shit, one would thing that I am a drug addict of sorts.)

Red Superfly
I now have proof of Silver Surfers campness.

Go Juggy go!

FeceMan
Heh, his nickname is "Jugs".

who?-kid
I don't think his blood will boil, or that his body would swell and explode. He's virtually invulnerable, thanks to his forcefield.

Btw, when thrown into space, without protection, your blood will not boil and you will not freeze (your skin will swell a little bit). You will probably lose consciousness after a short while and die. When you're exposed to direct sunlight, you could get burned also.

FeceMan
I was being sarcastic. Shall I use emotes from now on like /sarcasm on and /sarcasm off to clarify these things?

who?-kid
Didn't sound sarcastic to me. But maybe I'm like Surfer : a bit too serious wink.

Red Superfly
I've been calling him Juggy for ages. "Jugs" sounds a bit too suggestive for my liking.

"Silver Surfer vs Jugs"???? I'd PAY to see that!

Actually, no, I wouldn't, cos Surfer would run a mile at the sight of jugs. Ba-zing!

FeceMan
Jugs. LOL.

Alpha Centauri
Why do people have the misconception that the Surfer is repellant to women or is a homosexual? That's 4 people I know who have suggested it now.

-AC

manjaro
pastors dont lie, theyve been touched by the hand of god

Alpha Centauri
*Grows increasingly disturbed by thread.*

-AC

Red Superfly
Anyone ever remember Dial M for Monkey? It was on in between Dexters Lab episodes.

Well, there's an episode where they have a spoof of superheroes, with guys like The Human Bullet (Iron Man mickey take), Major Glory (Supes/Cap America hybrid), Crunk (Hulk) and Val Halla (Thor mixed with Iron Maiden) - and the Silver Spooner, who rode on a big spoon, and was camp as hell ("Judy Garland? Where!????"wink.

So it's not just 4 of us that think Surfers camp either.

manjaro
*Alpha Centauri in back of church singing along with choir*

the only one..who could ever reach me,,,,was a Silver Preacher maaaaan!

Alpha Centauri
Surfer isn't camp dammit. Just highly moral is all. He doesn't prance around or speak in a feminine tone.

At least he rides a Surfboard and is suited in cosmic metal rather than skin tight brown lycra and a peculiar helmet.

Silver Spooner, hahaha. That's classic.

-AC

manjaro
i saw everyone of those, those were ill

norrin radd
surfer, had a girlfrien in his planet. he also had something with the ex-girlfriend of the thing.

FeceMan
Why would you think the Surfer is gay? He doesn't even have genitals(nor a sex drive, I would say if I were to make a random assumption).

JuggernautFan
you mean like the time he was put down by 1 swing of thors hammer??

Linkalicious
we'll consider that the same as Onslaught's magic trick...

"and now for my next trick...I'm going to make this big muscle bound idiot...DISAPPEAR"

Victor Von Doom
pssssmmsshhahahhahaHAHAHA.

I'm lovin' it.

PS, I'm reassured that I'm not the only one observant enough to see his inherent qualities as patron of Camp David.

Alpha Centauri
"*Alpha Centauri in back of church singing along with choir*

the only one..who could ever reach me,,,,was a Silver Preacher maaaaan!"

Hahaha. I'll give you that one coz it made me laugh. I just don't think he's camp. Over serious? Extremely. But that's part of his character. I find the camp Surfer jibes amusing.

Victor Von Doom however is a back alley brawler.

-AC

Surfer 52
Juggernaut could not catch silver surfer. so he would not be able to hit him

GreatMuta
Question? How can the Surfer harm Juggernaught. If winning means stoping or subduing Juggy then yes surfer wins hands down. But as far as k.o. No way. I respesct the surfer and his power but i don't see him hurting juggernaught. Stopping or slowing yes, hurting no!

Jason Wyngarde
his is one of my fav pics. his aoa version

Alpha Centauri
"If winning means stoping or subduing Juggy then yes surfer wins hands down."

Which he could do, so the win goes to Surfer does it not? Even if Juggernaut was to grab him, Surfer is invulnerable. The Stranger, Mephisto, all tried to grab him and his exuded so much energy that he burned even them.

-AC

who?-kid
Yes, I was thinking the same thing... Juggernaut is virtually invulnerable, and I must admit that I don't know if Surfers powers can damage Juggernaut.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Alpha Centauri
Surfer is invulnerable also.

And if stopping/subduing constitutes a loss then Surfer is more than capable of producing power to do so. Where as Juggernaut isn't gonna be able to touch Surfer at all. If he could he'd probably knock him down but Surfer is invulnerable too.

-AC

who?-kid
Yes, true.

But in my book, stopping a person is not defeating a person. I can easily stop Mike Tyson ("Hey Iron Mike, raped somebody this day ?"wink, but beating him...

Ah well, maybe I can hold my own against him.

Maybe. Maybe not stick out tongue.

Alpha Centauri
Actually I'd say now it's a high chance haha.

Well stopping with Force is what I mean.

-AC

moshtitan
BRAVO!!!!

norrin radd
surfer is capable of rearrage molecules, so he would transform jugernaught in a statue, unless the magic of the gem would protect him.
But i think surfer as what it takes to destroy him.

Alpha Centauri
The rearranging molocules thing is a bit dubious. It's like Magneto's blood control. He CAN do it but he never does. Rarely.

He'd win tho.

-AC

morbius
silver surfer all the way
why is juggernaut all of a sudden so popular

norrin radd

morbius
silver surfer will win speed

Ironman 66
surfer

Booyah
Silver Surfer 10/10

Horrificus
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Surfer is invulnerable also.

And if stopping/subduing constitutes a loss then Surfer is more than capable of producing power to do so. Where as Juggernaut isn't gonna be able to touch Surfer at all. If he could he'd probably knock him down but Surfer is invulnerable too.

-AC

Big Surfer fan here!
Unfortunately, Surfer is not invulnerable. He has had huge chunks of his body disintegrated by an entity that wasn't even on the "Big Boy" radar.
He has also been defeated by physical blows, as well as energy attacks.
And, there is nothing for his PC to manipulate with Juggernaut. His field is magical in nature. If this was a lower-level magic, his PC could possibly overpower it. But, Jugg's shield has been shown to stand up to Surfer-level attacks.

Honestly, I think the Surfer could still defeat Juggernaut probably 8 out of 10, just because Jugg's does not match up well against Surfer. Unless Juggernaut makes use of some of the more exotic ways people have weilded the Cyttorak power. Just having an indestructable shield isn't going to win this for him. And, even if he was able to amp up his strength to be stronger than Surfer, the Surfer character is rarely written in a way where he just stands there and goes blow for blow.

He would win. But, it would have to be a smart use of Surfer's abilities. Like, maybe teleporting the gem out of Cain or something. Opening up a portal inside his shield or something.

King Kandy
SS warps Juggs head into another dimension.

Horrificus
Originally posted by King Kandy
SS warps Juggs head into another dimension.

Or turns his head into Cotton Candy.

It depends. Certain energies, waves, stimuli, seem to be able to get through Juggernaut's field.

It has never been explained how that part of his power works.

StarsNeverFall7
Surfer 10/10 FTW, Juggy just cant compete with the power cosmic.

To correct something said earlier, if hurled into space technically things do "explode" if not placed within a pressurized enviroment. The air pressure of earth pushes 14.7 pounds per square inch constantly and your body pushes the same pressure outward so therefor you dont crush of explode, but in space, where you dont have that air pushing down on you, your body would still push outward pressure, resulting in you "exploding"....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.