The Coolest Showdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FFM
TheForce.net hints to a lot of showdowns in Episode III including up to six light saber duels. My question is which showdown will be the coolest? I've been waiting to see Sidious fight Yoda for ages; but if what I'm hearing about General Grievous wielding four sabers at one time against Obi-Wan, I think that will be the mother of them all....

PVS
yeah, i forsee the most applause from the audience when obiwan kills grievous. i cant wait

Jedi Priestess
eh Im still going with the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel, mainly for sheer emotional impact.

FFM
I heard that duel is twelve minutes in length and on different sets. But I want to know what it looks like to see someone swing four lightsabers at once. That's just awesome.

moonwalker741
ok the ani/ob duel is 12 mins long and on differnet sets..

the obi/brevious one is i dunno, i just no greivous dies by a blaster which is pretty sad

Jedi Priestess
well that IS kinda pathetic.......you'd think theyd at least have him taken out the Jedi way. messed

PVS
no way moon, its the greatest irony.

greivous was built to kill any jedi. master of the saber, 4 at that.
i imagine obiwan will have a hell of a time just staying alive.
and just when greivous disarms obiwan and thinks he's won the day,
obiwan grabs a blaster and blows his brains out, F'n beautiful. "not as clumsy or random as a blaster..."

Melkórë
Huh.
Good observation, PVS!

I AM waiting for the Ani. versus Obi-Wan Kenobi fight most, and Grievous second.

cool
Moringotto,
Black Lord of Angamando

moonwalker741
im phsyced for the ani/obi fight...DUDE! 12 minutes! different locations! dude! its gonna be sick

PVS
oh there is no arguement there.
noone has waited 15+ years to see obiwan
battle a super-droid. its all abouth the BIG showdown.

the only difference is, when obi kills griev, you will be cheering.
when he 'kills' anakin, i doubt you'll be cheering.

an a different note, no one mentioned Yoda Vs. Palps...i mean is that the ultimate fantasy match? I hope yoda at least takes a chunk out of palp's a$$ before he loses

moonwalker741
yeh seriously!

whats palpatine gonna do though, use his lightning and thats it? tahts just gay, if he uses a lightsaber, that would be awesome!

FFM
Yes, a very good observation. I wonder if Dooku trained Grievous is the ways of the force.

Jedi Priestess
try 27 years eek!
and I for one will more than likely cry when Obi-Wan finishes off Anakin sad

PVS
oh damn, i lost a decade smile
i've been known to do that from time to time.
my neverending quest to disaknowledge the 90's i guess.

Jedi Priestess
well now see for you it could be 15 years....depends on the year you first saw ANH. smile

DJGreenLantern
i think the best duel will be the anakin obi wan duel.

PVS
i was born in 74, a bit to young to appreciate it.
saw it like 3 years after, just before ESB.
however, i consider my wait to have begun after RotJ in 83, so
thats like 21 years so far...

Jedi Priestess
cool! smile

PVS
NO!!! NOT COOL!!! eek! eek! eek!

21 years of waiting just plain sucks

FFM
If Anakin is as evil as they say he is by the end of Episode III, when Obi-Wan "kills" him, I'll be cheering.

Sith Master X
Man, there's just so many duels that'll be breathtaking to watch. Yoda vs. Sidious, Grievous Vs. Obi-Wan, and Anakin Vs. Obi. I think Anakin and Obi will be the best duel, it'll be dramatic as well as emotional at the same time.

darktim1
I don't know if you can top anakin obi-wan duel it is supposed to be longest fight scene in history so I put my lightsaber on anakin and obi-wan for got go ship leaving for tatooine.

FFM
I hear Anakin and Obi-Wan will face off with Dooku again at the beginning of the film. I wonder how the duel will be any different from Ep 2. Any thoughts?

Jedi Priestess
Dooku gets his ass handed to him by Anakin.

PVS
i guess we're not doing the whole spoiler text thing?
not that i'm complaining...

In ep3, the anakin/dooku duel will go down in front of palps.
palpatine will be cuffed to a chair similar to the emporer's throne in ep6.
palps will begin instructing anakin on how to beat dooku. (deja-vu?)

i can just hear the lines now.
"use your aggressive feelings"
"release your anger"

Jedi Priestess
I didnt think what I wrote required a spoiler because everyone pretty much knows that by now. Had I went into massive detail...I's have used the spoiler tags. wink

Cowboyography
I vote for Ani/Obi, Te reason is I have never seen GRevious Before. I dont care about him, all just rumors. So I say if grevious is sweet, then Obi/Greivious could be the best. But until I get some emotional attachment to him I really dont care.

PVS
i wasn't just referring to you JP, others are writing about yoda vs. sidious.
and anakin whooping dooku is a spoiler as well.
i know it's difficult to fathom, since its common knowledge to us spoiler junkiessmile

i just want to know when its apropriate to
do the whole spoiler-hilite thing. then again, if i were one of those people who wanted to remain spoiler free, i would avoid ep3 message boards altogether.
but thats just mesmile

i guess my last post was way too detailed.
i would spoiler-hilite it, but its too late for me to edit.

sorry embarrasment

Cowboyography
You think Dooku will be beheaded by Ani as many rumors state.

PVS
no, actually anakin will bend dooku over and stick his lightsaber...aaaaaa never mind whistle

Jedi Priestess
without a doubt smile

Sauron
oh no
when ep3 comes out im going to do what i did for rotk

Be literally trembling in my seat, and lose concentration

darktim1
I think anakin will do more than just cut off his head I've heard he cuts his arms off and then cuts head off with both blue and red lightsabers for now may force be with you.

morbius
i cant wait

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.