Geez, what must it be like...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
Imagine you're Hayden. What must it be like to get to wear the Vader suit, the REAL Vader suit in a Star Wars movie? Few characters in the history of film making have had an influence on popular culture like Darth Vader has. The character was in 3 films over a 6 year period, and then vanished from film for 22 years. Despite that, though, the character of Darth Vader has gained even more popularity in that time.

Now HC gets to don the suit and play the character. I can't even begin to imagine how he must feel.

corn

Darth_Duffy
do you think we'll hear him speak in the suit? if so whats he gonna sound like?

moonwalker741
i thought james earl jones will be speaking in the last scene with Tarkin and Palpatine, looking at the deathstar being built
and hes says some line, forgot, i should read that summary...

EDIT: there we go...

"I don't fear the Dark Side," says Vader. "I embrace it".

The Tater
Yeah, I was under the impression that James Earl Jones was returning for Vader's voice.

darktim1
james earl jones said that he was going to talk but did not say how long I wonder if hayden had to keep it secret from his family that he would be wearing vaders suit can't wait to see the movie in may 2005 for now may force be with you all.

Lyn
I think, once he got over the shock of being named Anakin Skywalker and being provided with the opportunity to portray his fall to the Darkside, that would be the thing he was looking forward to most. I mean, who wouldn't?? Geez, I'm a chick and I'd wear it if I could...stick out tonguewink

How many people have actually worn the suit?? Not that many I'm guessing...what an honour!! And exactly what you said Corn, this character is known to EVERYONE, SW fan or not...

Wow...

amity75
He'll probably go mad one day just thinking about it. He's such a huge part of cinematic history now. Lucky bastard!

Jedi Priestess
I also think part of him is going....I hope to god I can get decent parts after I EP3 is released. I think Mark Hamill felt he kinda was "done" after he played Luke because people always saw him as Luke Skywalker.

cavola
apart from it being an honor for him to don that suit,

i imagine it to be heavy, hot (with all those stage lights) and itchy adding that discomfortable feeling of a jock itch.

cornponious
Hey don't forget he had that little part as Schneider's nephew klepto nephew on One Day at a Time!

corn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.