X-Man Vs Franklin Richards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Who wins?

Arguably the two most powerful mutants going head to head or mind to mind.

Discuss.

-AC

FeceMan
When I first saw this thread, I was thinking you meant the entire X-Men team vs. Franklin.

Hehehehe, Franklin. Like a turtle.

Black Spiderman
i think that X-man would win cause hes a bit more powerful

Alpha Centauri
We're talking about Franklin Richards. Think before you post.

Even so, being a "little" more powerful wouldn't guarantee a win.

I'm inclined to back Frankie coz I think he's really really cool. One of the coolest characters. Not to mention he has unimaginable power.

X-Man is no slacker either though. Tough one.

-AC

who?-kid

FeceMan
Old habits die hard...

Alpha Centauri
That's a great point Who kid. But if there's one thing worse than X-Man concentrating his powers it's Franklin not controlling his. So if X-Man manages to catch him upset. May be lights out.

Keep em coming.

-AC

manjaro
for my general puposes Franklyn's powers havent really been thoroughly demonstrated in any comix, we can only just go by what wee read on trading cards and marvel encyclopedia's. so for that reason I guess id have to say x-man

Beyonder
Franklin. The kid was acknowledged by the Celestials.

moshtitan
Franklin....if he let go of his control, he could probally destroy alot more than just X-Man.

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. People make the assumption that loss of control means loss of power. At least while focusing power he knows what to let out and what not to let out. If he went ape shit I think we'd have to say goodbye to a few galaxies.

-AC

FeceMan
That's a pretty poor assumption at best.

Victor Von Doom
X-Man. Franklin doesn't have the ability to take on people of that calibre.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Ummmm no Franklin Richards all the way i mean his dad has to put mental blocks on him when he was 4 just so that he wouldnt acidentally desrtoy the world.

Alpha Centauri
Notice that he said ability not power. Ability is overall.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
So? I did not mention who is more powerful.

Mane
if Franklin Richards was at his full power, he could destroy a lot more than X-Man

Ironman 66
frankie

Alpha Centauri
Dude, seriously.

Quite writing in my threads if you are gonna say one word.

-AC

Mane
i know right!

if Franklin and Nate were at normal power i think its a draw (if they dont destroy the world first). but if they were both at full potential, Fraknlin would win by a hair...but itd be a great match.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Frankie

Mane
thanks for the in-depth statement, dumbass glare

WarHulk980
I don't think Frank knows his full power. Therefore, I think X-man would win because he knows what kind of power he posseses. On the other hand if Frank knew of all his powers he would win. Just my opinion. wink

Lenord
Didn't Frank loose all his power when he distroyed that selestial that escaped through the galaxy/universe that Franklin created?

Nathaniel Grey
Very good thread. I'm kinda stumped on this one in all truth. Franklin Richards I would assume has the market cornered on overall power. I mean -- he did create a pocket Universe that contained GALACTUS and the rest of the Marvel heroes. Anyone who can force Galactus into a false universe has SUPERIOR power. And I've not seen X-Man ever display such an ability. But in a one on one bout I'd have to go with X-Man. He knows what to do with the powers he has while Franklin used his powers according to emotional whims. ( I could be wrong ).

My vote, X-Man. In a one on one fight.

Wynndar
u must also remember that mutants' powers manifest when they r going through puberty...the power that Franklin has displayed is only a spark of what will eventually manifest...right now i think Roma prevents him from unleashing these powers until he is old enough to control them

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I think Roma will aid during that spell also so they don't rage out of control, given that puberty and teen years will probably cause him to take out a few galaxies if he isn't careful.

-AC

Mane
yeppers

Nathaniel Grey
Franklin wasn't all that impressive when he was in his Teen years. I mean unless you've forgotten PsiLord ( When Franklin became a teenager )and was with Fantastic Force. He didn't show to be any more powerful than Nate himself.

Mav
Well that's an alernate reality. In Earth X, he set Namor on fire, permantely, when he was angry. When Frankie has conscious use of his power he will be hands down THE most powerful hero....or villian. This kid is unfreakingbelievable, he BECAME Galactus in the Earth X saga. That same Galactus that empowers Silver Surfer, and quite a few others. Galactus could simply destroy most of earth's heros with less than a thought. The only way the FF won was using the Ultimate Nullifer, a weapon up there with the Inifinity Gauntlet. This kid create's Life out of Nothing...in other words....he can become a GOD.

HarmonicFlo88
"This kid create's Life out of Nothing...in other words....he can become a GOD."

X-man created Madelyne Pryor out of nothin too.

HarmonicFlo88
X-man can just mind control him or erase all of his memories before richards ever gets to tha emotional point to flip realities on nate.

HarmonicFlo88
such a good thread needs to be revived?

wrathofachilles
Franklin

wrathofachilles
Oh sorry, you want an in-depth review, lol. Actually it's not a fair battle, since Frank is a kid. If we're talking about X-Man vs. Psi-Lord or when he's grown, Psi-Lord. Besides, by then X-Man is supposed to be dead by his disease right?

HarmonicFlo88
X-man found a cure for his age disease in another timeline, wen he became a shaman. his death was a sacrifice to save earth.

Ponem
X-man really has no other choice then to go full-blown every way. We are talking about Franklin richards here..someone who friggin created a pocket Universe without the Celestialss knowing, and unable to prevent it ( Eventough they did fix it later on) X-man is powerfull, but he does not come close to the potential Richards has, however; X-man is in more ways in control over his powers, so that may give him the edge he needs. It'll be intresting indeed, and based on Power alone, Richards takes it hands down....on the other side, i wouldnt bet against X-Man either.

HarmonicFlo88
Franklin created tha pocket universe sub-consciencely, in emotional distress. If he can do that in his adult years....X-man would have a harder time.

Wynndar
Let FR become a teen and get some fighting skills and X-man would be history...but right now he couls still just create an army of villains to fight for him, like how Onslaught manipulated his power... also do u know that FR has the ability to manipulate other people's powers to however he sees fit...when the entire captain britain corps were fighting the FF, FR boosted the FF's power to a cosmic scale and the wrecked the CBs...this also caught the attention of Galactus and Eternity...if he saw he was losing to x-man, he would just depress X-man's powers

HarmonicFlo88
X-man could just keep Franklin from accessing his powers. He is strong enough to withstand any deterrence.

Wynndar
but FR has the same ability

HarmonicFlo88
I meant Nate could go in his brain and shut off his powers. Franklin doesn't have that.

Wynndar
hmm...how is NG's record of doing that to other telepaths?...

Ponem
I think he got Dr. X out of the Astral plane, that has to count for something no? Oh yeah, he wasnt astral form....

HarmonicFlo88
X-man #10

HarmonicFlo88
Damn right it counts of somethin, no1 else has done something like that..not to mention..tha man DID create X-Men.

Havoc470
franklin richards would take this one imo

Never
Weird battle. I have not read up on Franklin in some time, but without his mental blocks, he does have that...and much more.

Telepathy, telekinesis, the ability to rearrange matter on a macro/cosmic scale, precognitive abilities...full potential Franklin Richards > full potential X-Man.

As it stands right now, X-Man is superior to a depowered Franklin Richards, imo.

Wynndar
i dont think he is that depowered...did u see the Abraxis saga

Katt
In which comic did Franklin create that pocket universe?
I know it's some where in the Onslaught story. But anyone know what specific comic?

clickclick
Franklin richards at full power would be considerably above Nate Grey. Franklin at full power at the very least is at Celestial level. He can grant himself the power cosmic, rearrange matter, alter time and reality, he has telepathy, telekenis etc. He could depower Nate if he wanted to. Nate at full power would be awesome but Franklin Richards would own him.

Oh yeah, no Nate can not keep Franklin from accessing his powers. Thats like saying that Nate could keep a celestial from accessing his powers, ONLY IN HIS DREAMS. Frank can literally take away nates powers.

clickclick
Psilord was still far from Franklin at full potential.... If Nate was still alive and they fought right now then Nate would most likely win just because franklin is still a kid but even then you never know what Franklin might do. He has almost limitless power.

Maestro
It's quite annoying about how they killed off X-man, they could of done so much with him.

HarmoNiC FLo
Originally posted by Maestro
It's quite annoying about how they killed off X-man, they could of done so much with him.

I know...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Wynndar
hmm...how is NG's record of doing that to other telepaths?...

daaaamn u luv the F4

Pointinel
well if they ever fight in 616 continuity

i hope the writers make it that nate wins....

that's just me tho'

Maestro
I dunno, Franklin did destroy Mephisto, and he's only a kid. Imagine when he's older.

But Nate Grey has HUGE potential, when he died (not even half of his full power), he was supposed to be equal to a skyfather.

guy222
Frankie FTW

id369

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.