Does anyone remember Raz's big eye!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Years ago he used to have this enormous big menacing eyeball as his avatar! eek!

It was his way of showing us little people that the big honcho saw all and knew all.

Psychological terrorism if you ask me! sad

Do you still have that pic anywhere Raz?
Does anyone remember it?

I'm sure its been traumatically burned into our subconsciousness! sad

stick out tongue

Shoukan
How long ago was it Tex...Probably to far back..since i only joined last year

Tex

Shoukan
Well nevermind then...that is to far back

Lord Soth
haha, I had an eye for a time

burlyman
Before my time messed

Corran
Tex, have you been hitting the Tequilla's again?

tigida_tigida
havnt been around long enough

silver_tears
let's hope so messed

§pearhead
wacko yay, more reason for me to want to kill myself! stick out tongue

Dirty Vader
A big red eye eh?
hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

burlyman
Tex got drunk and watched RotK wacko

DeNiro
Never seen the "big Eye avatar"

Tex
The eye was blue.

Corran
Yes Tex, of course it was yes

dave123
Oh yeah tex, we all remember Raz's big blue eye wink

weirdo

Linkalicious
kinda has the "big brother is watching you" feel to it. *shivers*

lil bitchiness
I remember you talking about it ages ago.....

Raz
Yeah I had the Big Brother Eye around the time we switched forum software, around July 2001. It was the first time we could have avatars.

I can't believe you still remember it. I didn't really like it.

burlyman
Nice story Raz, I think Tex bought that

Raz
Actually the story of KMC could probably fill up a book shelf.

There have been many a dramas in the past!

burlyman
Our trip to Alcatraz was a blast happy

Korri
laughing

Raz
Heres a thread Ush created when he was quite new on the whole drama that had happened before March 2001!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=662

lil bitchiness
Raz, who out of the moderators has been always a moderator? Or did you appont them all as the time went by...? Just curious who were moderators at the begining or did you do it all by yourself?

must_kill_Santa
that was a long long time ago

Raz
That was a real problem in the beginning around the middle of 2000.

I didn't really know the forum too well, even though I created it, and most of the members were fighting between themselves on who should be mod. At the time I chose UnknownBountyHunter (he's left since) because he seemed the sensible type. Later on it was decided that we create a "Jedi Council" (because we were a Star Wars board at that time) who would be the sort of guardians of the forum. They collectively made decisions including recruiting mods. I think the next mods was Dim, queeq and Gundark - although I'm not 100% sure.

Man it makes me nostalgic just think about it smile

JKozzy
Everyone sit around the computer and constantly hit F5! It's story-time! yes

lil bitchiness
thumb up Alright!

So no one was a mod straight away....the reason i asked this was because you posted that thread Ush made ages ago, and i remembered, I always thought Ush was always a global moderator...kind of appointed because you two were friends...i dont know why i thought that, just did, so i was just checking.

Many of the old global moderators do not visit anymore, as well as some memeber, that must be a little frustrating...still cool though, as now Killer Movies isnt just Star Wars forum...

Raz
Ush was actually one of the fifth global mod, after the others (Dim, queeq, Gundark, finti). It's only Dim, one of the original moderators, who doesn't visit that often. She used to be VERY active before, but real life situation means she can't visit that often. The others do still visit and occasionally post.

Before we "merged" with KillerMovies, we were primarily a Star Wars website (http://www.episode-ii.co.uk - website offline (long story)). We were on EZboard at the start when they were free - but they soon went pay and we found a new home here.

lil bitchiness
But I thought you have to pay for here as well, do you not?

I saw Dim come online maybe a month back...maybe two...she posted twice in repraise bar and left again smile

Shoukan
The only global mods I have met are Tex, Backfire, and Ush.

I have seen the other global mods online except Dim when I am online late at night here.

lil bitchiness
cry I havent seen Mech for ages...

Raz
He's just got back from his holidays. He's promising lots of piccies!

yerssot
oh yeah, dim was online a month orso ago for five days straight smile
nice lass smile

Raz
I miss her. We used to talk every day non-stop for MONTHS.

lil bitchiness
Yerss, i see you are in an invisible mode...smile

Ushgarak
Too many decent girls have left...

burlyman
I do hope he didn't go to Burnham sad

Shoukan
You are too lil b

I just got out of invisible mode smile

lil bitchiness
E-mail her...tell her you miss her and stuff.

Ushgarak
Hah! I wish it was that easy for either of us.

Raz
The KMC historian has entered! notworthy

Ush knows ALL the history of these forums - more than me! yes

yerssot
yeah, it's a real shame sad I just wish she will return as fast as she can

"Your powers of observation do you credit misses lil bitchiness"
(from a bond movie but forgot which one messed)

lil bitchiness
Yeah, i had few people PMing me and being very unpleasent, talking dirty to me cry..so im in invisible mode big grin

Raz
Done it a few times. She doesn't come online for weeks now.

lil bitchiness
Yes, im so good at it, its almost creepy smart

Ushgarak
Well, not the OTF. The days of my exhaustive chronicalling are long gone, though I did enjoy reading the old EZboard JC.

I remember the days when I had the most recent post in every single area...

lil bitchiness
So many people here now...it must feel super weird when you think back when there were only 200 members or something...

yerssot
well, lil, you could forward the PMs to raz and ask him to take action

hmmm, yeah, the old days smile

Shoukan
I wish I knew about this place sooner...

I forgot how I found out about this placeblink

Raz
In the old place, EVERYONE knew each other. It was defintely close-knit.

I see people still manage to re-create this by creating cliques in the various forums.

Ushgarak
Thing is, we had a solid community of VERY good members back then with nowhere near as many... err... 'less' good ones. The quality ratio was far higher. We didn't NEED as much modding, even on a relative scale, because we were so much more likely to keep a thread sensible.

But most of the rest was the same- members arguing, people stomping out after arguments and then crawling back in, people pretending to have a brain tumour just to get sympathy...

...on second thoughts, scratch that last one.

lil bitchiness
Its ok now...no one is bothering me at the moment. I asked everyone politely to leave me alone...few times however... and they did.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, because it was not so many of you, you could have a solid community i suppose...

This has become quite a big form, lots of people joining, some not so pleasent ones..but still good...

yerssot
though, that's not a very social thing to do

Shoukan
I bet modding is hard for you...Since this place keeps getting bigger and bigger as each day passes.

I bet modding is hard for all of the mods including the god mod Raz.

yerssot
they hired more mods wink

lil bitchiness
I think they are doing super job as it is...thumb up

Shoukan
yes they did...and i bet it is still extremely hard to keep up with all of it

LanceWindu
Ok, I decided to post today...

But yeah, I remember when everyone knew eachother. We had about 300 members, and about 20-25 regulars, we were all good friends I would say. It was easy to start very long, thoughtful conversations with members without other members crashing into the thread and taking it into irrelevant topics. This is another reason why I'm not liking KMC as much as I used to, it's gotten too big for my taste.

I miss the good ole days. sad

Ushgarak
Well, I got my mod spot by re-building the RP area, and just kind accrued more forums as time went by until I was hopped up to the JC at the same time as Finti.

But yes, there was a lot less to concentrate on. It is simply not possible to be 'in there' on every segment of the forum like I used to be, which unfortunately means people are a lot more hostile when I mod now.

lil bitchiness
Sometimes i get annoyed at the ignorance of some people, i wasnt here ages back, im still a newbie, i like it though...but i never knew it any better or any different.

Ushgarak
Well, I am not a big fan of the cliques either, but it does create happy members. I just wish it seemed less segregational.

Shoukan
There are to many younger members signing up for KMC...flooding the boards with useless garbage...I bet back then the boards had many older members that were a lot more mature

yerssot
kick them laughing out loud

yeah, lance, know what you mean messed
aaaah, the good old days ... before the dark time... before the memberexpansion... strangely enough that can also be said of me big grin

lil bitchiness
What were you originialy modding?

LanceWindu
As a matter of fact, the average age of members were above 18 years of age I believe.

There were a few exceptions: yerssot, CaptainREX, phinney6, me.

Ushgarak
I dunno about older. The mods probably looked older- Gundy, queeq, Dim and Finti were all older than most of us.

I mean, it was three years ago; Raz and I were younger- I know that sounds obvious but three years is quite a difference. Edna was 18 when she was bumped up to JC; most of the hardcore members were still between 15 and 20.

How old was Rex when he signed up? 13?

Ushgarak
How do you mean? I started with RP, as I say. it was Star Wars only at the time.

LanceWindu
Yep, I think he was 13.

I was 17.

lil bitchiness
Thats what i ment...what was your first modding forum...role play...thats what i was asking...thumb up

yerssot
shssss, I'm still not 13 messed

LanceWindu
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shoukan
oh yeah your a robot i forgot stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Thats what happens...and what will continue to happen. Its gonna change more and more i suppose..maybe its a good thing messed

Shoukan
I hope it is a good thing that KMC is changing

yerssot
not every change is a good change

LanceWindu
I don't like the changes, but it was bound to happen since this is a Movie message board, I wish it were primarily a Star Wars board again though.

But then I think that if we had never changed into having at least the X-Men board, I never would have met Nivvy.

yerssot
well, if it was only SW, this place would probably close after 2005

Shoukan
I wasn't here when KMC started...I wish I was then I would be more well known...Maybe I should stay here for about 3 years to get better known on these boards and become a vetern member like some members here

lil bitchiness
Changes are inevitable...besides it would get boring if everything stayed the same all the time...

LanceWindu
True.

I remember a thread back in late 2001, it was asking the question of whether or not KMC would be around after the final films release.

yerssot
dunno, like said, at those times you could talk with a member (on-topic even) and get a great connection with all the people
now... that's merely impossible

Ushgarak
I am very used to it changing. Change is a continual process here now, rather than a phase-by-phase thing. It never ceases to amuse me when people complain that this place has been ruined by the changes in the last three months when they have only been members for six; it's like, they didn't give a damn they they were upsetting people with changes they caused when THEY joined!

Very few people ever want things to change from the point they joined onwards. The only thing that gives the old old crowd (me, yerss, Raz, Tex, Mech, Gundy and so on, and also the missing ones like Dim, queeq, Edna, Tomacco) more legitimacy to miss things is that we MADE the board worth a damn in the first place.

But there we go, we HAD our great time, there is no point trying to wish it into existence again. I see my job more these days as trying to keep this place in order so that other people can have their great times.

I still think the re-union is a good idea though Raz.

lil bitchiness
All this change has got you to appreciate how things were before...its not a total loss.

LanceWindu
Where's Lance??? mad

JKozzy
KMC will never die--- when I'm old and married I plan to still be here as long as everyone else is smile

Ushgarak
You are in the 'so on'.

Bugger, I knew I would forget someone important...

Shoukan
Yes this place has changed since I joined 6 months ago almost 7...But I still like KMC---Sure there is the occasional bad member here and there but hey this board is still #1 in my booksmile

yerssot
funny, definitly don't consider myself as old crew, imho, I'm still a n00b

darn it man, right now I would love to talk to dim and tomacco
next thursday (if I remember it) I think I'll make a whiskey Thursday thread for ol'times sake

Ushgarak
We were planning a re-union, you see. We were going to try and contact all the old members. Time before Episode III is rapidly running by.

yerssot
still... I want a wiskey thursday darnit stick out tongue

hmm, if I'm not mistaken To once made a thread about wednesday or friday, definitly need to find it smile

lil bitchiness
Hmm...ok i had a thought.

There is this other board...and they do the 'London Meets' where they invite all members to meet in person...they are not as close of a comunity as people are here...i know many people couldnt make it, but i think it would be a cool idea to meet some of the people here...

Ushgarak
Our last attempt for a mass meet failed horribly.

But before anything we just wanted the old posters to come back to the VIRTUAL community first...

lil bitchiness
It was just an idea....confused

LanceWindu
I want to meet a lot of my old friends from KMC:

Raz, Gundy, Dim, Edna, ToMacco, UnknownBountyHunter, sandperson no.10, yerssot, Ush, CaptainREX, Tex, Fire,and many others.

And also some of the n00b's:

Nivvy, lil b, Burlyman, Storm, Kes, badkittykitty, etc.

lil bitchiness
eek! That would be super cool!!

yerssot
say lance, when I was in Tennessee where you already in Nevada ?

LanceWindu
And also highly unlikely.

Nope, I was in Tennessee still, and you never told me you were there until you were already gone. If I had known you were up in Nashville I woulda come up to see you. I mean I was only 20 minutes away.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...very true!

yerssot
yeah I know messed
but we planned on tennessee at litterally the last minute, normally we would go someplace else, but it was near elvis his birthday or passing, dunno anymore

and went there, had the black-out + boarding problem... and well, didn't had anytime actually messed
shame, would have loved to meet ya mate

Ushgarak
Well, all bug Raz for the re-union idea...

LanceWindu
ATTENTION: Any member(s) planning on visiting the Clark County area of Southern Nevada, USA please contact me: [email protected] so we can meet up and have some fun.

yerssot
can someone help me out? what thread did To make liquor related on wednesday???

definitly need to get the old ToMacco Slapping Machine back smile

Baylin
Sounds interesting, I am always curious to know how people really are in person.

LanceWindu
The Machine was used during the summer, when we all had that spanking phase. I think I used it on bkk's ass. It needs to be dusted off again.

yerssot
hmmm, seems like I missed the fun...

luckily I keep the latest (the ToMacco Slapping Machine Xtreme) running smoothly wink
think it's time for santa mah to come again

burlyman
eek!

burlyman
Milla I'm meeting you at Glasto evil face If I have to stalk you...

lil bitchiness
eek!eek!

Im wating for you...dont be late nono

LanceWindu
If you're late I get to kick you in the ass!

burlyman
I won't be smokin' Lets hope Spence goes... and other UK people (or others) cool

LanceWindu
Someone meet me...............please?

yerssot
hmmm, apperently To never did that ... darn my stupid memory

well, lance... move to a place were other members live wink

Baylin
There's an idea I've not been to Glasto since 2000.

LanceWindu
There's one "member" in Vegas besides me. DemonicGambit, but he's a douche bag that hurt our friend LindsIsTightK. mad

burlyman
Paul McCartney is headlining eek!
I pissed myself when I heard big grin

no expression

Tex
Does anyone remember what exactly caused KMC to go super huge?

It grew a little after EpII but really went big during Reloaded, right?

It's all a blur to me.

Does anyone have any screen captures of the old KMC?
With its 3 forums and such? laughing out loud

LanceWindu
There was more than 3. roll eyes (sarcastic) It was more around 6.

yerssot
the summer and some monster hits (potc for example, matrix, ...)

tex, there were more stick out tongue
welcome/q&n/GDF/movie discussion/something else aboot movies/5 orso star wars sections... wink

Baylin
Seriously? Well that just put me off stick out tongue

Tex
Let's see, I remember:
Welcome Forum
GDF
Ep II
Ep IV
Ep V
Ep VI

5 hmmmm?
What was the sixth?

Hidden forums not included.

Tex
Oh, I see yers has answered that questionstick out tongue

I woder if Ush or Raz have any old screen captures, that would be so awesome.

LanceWindu
There was also:

Star Wars: Trivia
Star Wars: Humor
Star Wars: Roleplay
Movie Trivia
Movie Reviews
Movie Discussion

yerssot
hehe, yeah, just wanted to add those first two on your list lance
I should have remembered those actually

Tex
Alot of those were added later on, I'm taking about summer/fall 2001.

Baylin
Sounds like the golden age of the KMC...

LanceWindu
All of those were there in summer/fall of 2001.

I remember, because I was already a member.

lil bitchiness
What made you think about all this Tex?

LanceWindu
Yeah, I want to see some old screen captures too...that would kick ass.

Ushgarak
Yeah, RP was there, Tex!

I don't think I have any captures, I am afraid.

yerssot
Movie Trivia too?? darn :s

Ushgarak
Movies got split into Discussion, Review and Trivia pretty much at my suggestion, I seem to remember. Although Trivia may have been there already.

Certainly when we were planning the future of the movie area those were the three I suggested.

yerssot
hmmm, I checked, I deleted my screencaps guys, sorry

silver_tears
I hate you too stick out tongue

Tex
mad

ash007
man i got really depresed reading that i used be a super mod on a site a very long time ago it was the New adventures of Superman site or also known as Lois and CLark.

Thoese were the good old days i mean this site was set up in 1998 which is quite amazing and we had Loads of people come in until the show was cancelled so we carried it on untill 2003 until the main perosn who ran the site died of cancer us mods were incharge for a couple of years but we got to busy so we decided to call it a day and we shut down the site
sad

We still keep in touch but they were good times

Raz
http://www.archive.org has been archiving the WHOLE web since 1996.

Here's what Ep-II.co.uk looked like

Ep-II.co.uk old skin

Heres what the original forums looked like

ash007
wow its so Dark the members board really depressing thank god for this nice one.

lil bitchiness
There is still black style the same as in the old forum you know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Same colour as it still is for those of us who chose it. I much prefer that.

Raz
It's still available here wink

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/?styleid=2

ash007
wow not bad might change it looks kind of nice

yerssot
when I used that one for the first time raz, it said it got blocked or sumthing

Tex
WOW, that was even before my time! eek!

yerssot
well, tex, I didn't even knew about raz his avatar and I was here around that time!

Korri
im too young sad

Lord Soth
Wow, reading this entire thread makes me REALLY anxious to *maybe* join the upper echelon someday.

Sorry, I'm just a naive little n00b.... embarrasment

Ushgarak
There isn't really an upper echelon any more; it has been replaced by a series of social divisions in the OTF and the individual genre communities.

All there is are some veterans who remember the board from a LONG time ago...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>