Palpatine and the darkside...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Skywalker1025
So do any of you think it might be revealed who might have taught or how Palpatine comes to be the "Almighty" when it comes to the darkside???

El Toro
Not in the movies probably. That info is more EU than anything as it has no real relevance to the star wars storyline.

ih8jarjar
i always thought it'd be cool if palpatine were to give anakin a brief history of the sith - like mentioning the sith wars, especially because there's no explicit reference to it in any of the movies. the closest they get is in ep 1 when one of the jedis says "impossible, the sith have been extinct for a millenia." i'm willing to bet that something like this could happen, just because most casual viewers of ep3 won't know what the sith are getting revenge for.

ps - it'd be cool for palpatine to take anakin to a sith temple, if one exists.

darktim1
it would be cool if there was some one behind the scene that would come out and tell palpatine what to do and how to do it like maybe someone who is more wrinkled than him in Return of the jedi.for now may force be with you.

Darth Ravenous
My friend told me that he found holocronz when he was young on the darkside teachings or somthing

Skywalker1025
hmmm...

Sith Master X
I'd like to see how he became as Sith, but I know that won't be explained in Episode 3, and IMHO, it doesn't need to be explained sad
But it'd still be cool to know. wink

darth_surgent
It will never be overtly revealed. One of Lucas' few good traits is that he leaves some things as a mystery. Everyone can have their personal opinion if things are left untouched.

Jedi Priestess
and plenty if they are not! wink

Sith Master X
^ That's true.

Capt_Fantastic
No, there should be no back story.....

However, I've always assumed that Palps master was either A) his father or B) someone who stole him away from his parents when he was born....

Sith Master X
Maybe...he just studied that ways of the dark side by himself. blink

Master Kadub
It may be part of the EU, but
like I have successful debated
for years the 'EU' is always relavant.....

I would not be surprised at all if
something is spoken about how
Palpatine learned the ways of the
force or who from......
shifty

Creechuur
"It will never be overtly revealed. One of Lucas' few good traits is that he leaves some things as a mystery. Everyone can have their personal opinion if things are left untouched."

I disagree. It isn't a 'good trait', its just bad writing and planning. I think Palpatines story will be told in a novel or comic book after Ep 3 is out. The only thing Lucas told EU creators to stay away from was the Clone Wars, since he was planning on telling that story. After Ep 3, if Lucas really plans to drop SW forever, the EU will be open to any story that someone wants to tell. I can't wait, since I think the EU stuff is 10 times better than anything Lucas himself has done.

Sith Master X
Yeah, or they could just explain it to us by making the E True Hollywood Palpy Story.

Jedi Priestess
hysterical

Ushgarak
There is nothing a all lazy about not explaining in detail every single part of what anyone would ever want to know. It really is not greatly relevant to the storyline who taught Palpy; it is only of curious interest and hence is not a big gap if it is not there.

Whatever the EU says will be someone else's interpretation of the case; the only relevant issue when talking of the storyline of the films is what GL's interpretation is.

Batman316
I heard the 'Palpy discovering a holocron' story myself. I think it was EU but there are better qualified people then me who could probably give you the name of the novel, though for some reason I think it was a comic.

Sauron
Does it really matter

He learnt it
he used it

That is all you need to know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.