What do you make of this........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Someone had these up at TFN, said they were from April/May 99 Insider. Now I ask you how ODD is this? Do you think GL knew way back then that this was going to be the title of Episode 3?

ctsketch
Most Curious indeed

darth_surgent
Not too surprising. In Episode 1, Darth Maul mentions revenge. And after all, he is a Sith.

Jedi Priestess
Well I find it pretty amazing......I mean what are the odds that this shows up on a magazine 4 years ago and now is the title of the last movie?

Sith Master X
I'd imagine that GL had already selected this title once he finished writing the third movie. All of his rough drafts and outlines were completed in 1995, so he probably had that as a title selected then.

Master Kadub
GL already knew what he was going to name the movie ahead of time, he just like to keep the fans in suspense or so he thinks...
Plus, thats freakin GL's magazine do you think he would
release the title years earlier if he thought it would cause
problems later....

Jedi Priestess
so what are you saying you lost me blink

Master Kadub
Lucas is aware of what goes on those cover pages
always trust me. He owns them and he gives authorization
for what goes on there........
If it would've caused problems down the road for what
ever he was planning to do, it would have never exisisted
in print before hand.....

VengeanceGOD
How about this:

The Star Wars geek that runs the magazine covers knew the line about revenge, knew the original title for ROTJ was Revenge of the Jedi, and decided to use that as the title. smile

I doubt there's a great conspiracy, since, well, Lucas isn't that smart. smile

moonwalker741
coincidence

cinna665
I believe that is a coincidence. After all Maul says: "and finally we get our Revenge"...

moonwalker741
yhe that is true

darth_surgent
I agree... as well.

darktim1
I have both of those covers on my wall and I really am glad that he named it revenge of the sith it is perfect title for getting someone interested in a movie and last night Isaw images on access hollywood and entertainment tonight they were cool especially the way the title was revealed it was awesome and it showed fight scene between anakin and obiwan falling down ramp and fighting on some sort of set. for now may force be with you.

robakin
no ones mentioned (in the movies) why the sith want revenge i hope they do in this one or some people who are not fans are gonna be confused.

§pearhead
robakin, that questions been asked by many people (me being one of them) in many different threads, no point in dragging that sad series of question, answer, and disagreements here

Jedi Priestess
CINNA!!!!!!!! Glad to see you made it! Welcome! smile

Melkórë
The title for RotJ was never "Revenge of the Jedi", it was an alias for the movie title, like that other one......
"Blue Harvest"

AerieLynn
That's very strange. Coindence? Maybe, maybe not.

CobraKaiDojo
While "Revenge of the Sith" is an awesome title, it is also kind of a generic title. It's not surprising at all that the term has been in print before.

Creechuur
Are you sure theyre real? I don't recall ever seeing those issues, and I would remember those covers since they have my two favorite characters on them...

tlbauerle
Uh...yeah they are real.

Jedi Priestess
Actually Chreech thats one issue I think #43........it had 2 different covers

Ghetto Goblin
well maul will take revenge by killing gin, and also says it of course, and in the third there is even more of a revenge making it more of a better title. cuz sidius gets revenge with vader, and the force thing stops and so on.

bILLYgOAT
You are Wrong.
The original title of episode VI was indeed REVENGE of the Jedi.
Lucas changed this after Paramount announced that they were about to release Star Trek II ..THE VENGEANCE OF KNAH while RotJ was still shooting.
in the end paramount opted for The WRATH of Khan but Lucas stayed with RETURN in the title.

Jedi Priestess
from back in the day.............
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/StarWarsRevengeofJediTeaser.jpg

Jedi Priestess
and YES!!!! I know!

Sith Master X
I always knew the original title was Revenge of the Jedi, didn't know how or why it was changed. The explains a little. smile

cinna665
Thank you Priestess smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.