Me V.S. the V.S.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GreatMuta
Ok at the risk of getting Flamed i have to say this. The V.S. threads although quite interesting and fun to participate in (yes i do too) get out of hand. We should remember that while we all give good if not great reasons to defend our hero or villan of choice, must remember the writers hold the key to these topics. Heroes in their own comics should naturally be a little stronger(who would buy a whimpy heroe's book). Also we all naturally...and to the bitter end, will defend the honor of our favorite character. Remember Superman could move planets years ago, now i think he would think twice about performing that feat! Heroes powers all fluxuate with the times or the crisis at hand. Let's use Juggernaught as an example. UNSTOPABLE !!!! for the most part....until the writers see fit to STOP him to prove a point or story arch (Onslaught)
I love these threads in all honsety and i will continue to post on them, but i think we sometimes do get carried away and defensive about our heroes! let's continue to post and challange each others opinion's respectivly but most importantly ..have fun doing so!

ScarletSpider
Yes. And not to mention that oftentimes there are TOO DAMN MANY of them. Althought, not to knock on any of the people who've had the patience to organize and oversee the giant "all encompasing vs. threads" like Alpha Centauri's Roll Call, and VenomFAN's old VS. Thread, but after awhile I don't feel like having to read through 10 pages everyday to see what people have said. I don't think there is really and equilibrium to reach, but oh well.

Linkalicious
getting offensive and defensive is the best part of these VS. threads. It's fun to see other people get upset and it's supposed to all be in fun. Some people take it too far with some of their bashing comments, but it's part of life.

I think that anyone who opens a VS. thread should provide a couple of pics of the comic characters, because I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't have complete knowledge of all the different comic universes...

GreatMuta
Good points from you guyz! I see you all are the level headed ones.

Linkalicious
how dare you f***ing call me level headed!!! mad

I'm about the farthest god damn mother f*****g thing from being level headed!!! mad

I hope someone eats your dog! miffed

roll eyes (sarcastic) sometimes.....some people. big grin

Joker1237
Vs treads are ok, but we dont need 50 some one treads of Bats vs Spider, Hulk vs Juggie, or Superman vs that guy from Dragon Ball Z (Hey I dont know any of thsos super power fighters names. I do know he has pointy hair lol)

I say if you want a VS tread try to be new or somthing that has not been done before, But me I dont go here for Vs, Just to see how the comics are doing. I just got the last comic of no man's land lol.

GreatMuta
You know .........i haven't seen Rover in a few days...hmmmmm

***SEE BELOW***

GreatMuta

Joker1237
Well some times being crazy is good.

FeceMan
Craziness is our spesh-ee-ale-itty.

ÞÁØlå
there are toooo many Vs. threads
I was planning to wipe them out evil face but I don't want to get killed so young so..... if you guys have a solution to not flood the forum with 'em, I'm all ears
thank you

moshtitan
if more people woudlve particapated in the Alphas Roll Call, it wouldve filled their thirst for vs. threads but he and i always had trouble getting the battles Noted so they wouldnt drop out of existance.

ÞÁØlå
so.... what if the Roll Call thread becomes the official vs thread?

Magee
I did'nt like that. It was about 4 people picking all the fights and they wernt very interesting. Atleast to me erm

Joker1237
IF the Roll Call thread becomes the official vs thread, I sure there will be people posting there own vs treads out side of roll call.

Linkalicious
you'll always have new people join the forum and begin posting all kinds of VS. threads. Most of the time they are worthless garbage threads, that are poorly thought out, and almost completely one sided.

if we could get more of the

Spiderman vs. Wolverine
Iron Man vs. Dr. Doom
Hulk vs. Juggernaut

types of quality threads in here, then there would be more debating and less thread making...

It'll be hard to get everyone to use one VS. thread, because what happens if someone wants to introduce a new VS matchup while another one is still in heated debate?

A.J
So was theyre plans made then

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Paola
there are toooo many Vs. threads
I was planning to wipe them out evil face but I don't want to get killed so young so..... if you guys have a solution to not flood the forum with 'em, I'm all ears
thank you

yes

Right.

Which is why everyone should:
A. Read all rules before posting threads.
B. Limit themselves to a thread or two a week. There aren't that many new threads that need made right away.
C. Use common sense....which would include treating this like a recreational forum, rather than a place to insult, bash, and flame if others don't agree with you.

A.J
You do realise this is very old right digi.

Nataku8188
This thread is wicked oldschool, before the VS forum was invented.

Psyquis52
I think it's an important reminder for people.

Furthermore, I'm getting just a little sick of seeing Spiderman, Deathstroke, Wolverine, Juggernaut, Hulk, Superman, Batman and all the other usuals. They get used a little too much. That list isn't complete either. There are only so many combinations we can make involving all the major players from Marvel and DC. I like to see interesting fights between minor players. It keeps the VS section interesting.

newjak86
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I think it's an important reminder for people.

Furthermore, I'm getting just a little sick of seeing Spiderman, Deathstroke, Wolverine, Juggernaut, Hulk, Superman, Batman and all the other usuals. They get used a little too much. That list isn't complete either. There are only so many combinations we can make involving all the major players from Marvel and DC. I like to see interesting fights between minor players. It keeps the VS section interesting. The problem with that is what you'll see is a debate between where a character and their limitations are. Thus you will get alot of people who make different kinds of threads to gauge where a persons power is and what they can handle. It has happened quite a few times with many different characters. It also helps if the character is well known.

The reason why those charcters in particular get so much attention is because there is such arguements on where they should be placed and what they are capable off becuase often times they are so many feats and others have so few feats but they are so high that a lot of debating is done on how they should be implied.

A perfect example of this is Juggernaut often times you will see one thread on him that opens a debate on him and then a oh bunch more are made against different characters where those feats are used.

After awhile it will calm down and another character will get a turn but then another thread is made about juggernaut and the cycle continues.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by newjak86
The problem with that is what you'll see is a debate between where a character and their limitations are. Thus you will get alot of people who make different kinds of threads to gauge where a persons power is and what they can handle. It has happened quite a few times with many different characters. It also helps if the character is well known.

The reason why those charcters in particular get so much attention is because there is such arguements on where they should be placed and what they are capable off becuase often times they are so many feats and others have so few feats but they are so high that a lot of debating is done on how they should be implied.

A perfect example of this is Juggernaut often times you will see one thread on him that opens a debate on him and then a oh bunch more are made against different characters where those feats are used.

After awhile it will calm down and another character will get a turn but then another thread is made about juggernaut and the cycle continues.

This is true. A lot of threads are posted to see what their limitations are. However, this is why we have Gauntlets. Some people find them completely uninteresting but if used properly they can help to identify someone's capacity. Sometimes pitting your character against a volley of different opponents is the best way to see what they can handle.

Also it's the cycle that I despise. It's terribly monotonous.

newjak86
The problem with gaunlets is that often times no one wants to debate every single fight in them most and in the case if a lot of them of very heated battles who'll see people not really try and debate.
And the cycle does suck.

Psyquis52
This is true. If gauntlets had successful responses then we would have a good system going here. However, that would require cooperation. I'm not fool enough to believe that would happen though.

Tron
Originally posted by DigiMark007
yes

Right.

Which is why everyone should:
A. Read all rules before posting threads.
B. Limit themselves to a thread or two a week. There aren't that many new threads that need made right away.
C. Use common sense....which would include treating this like a recreational forum, rather than a place to insult, bash, and flame if others don't agree with you.

Co-signed.

Originally posted by A.J
You do realise this is very old right digi.

He knows.

Originally posted by Nataku8188
This thread is wicked oldschool, before the VS forum was invented.

Co-signed again. The good old days...

badabing
It would be nice if there was an automatic search done on every new versus thread before it was posted. I'm not sure how complex that idea is though.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by badabing
It would be nice if there was an automatic search done on every new versus thread before it was posted. I'm not sure how complex that idea is though.

Very. Especially considering that the vs. forums kinda get 2nd billing to most of the other forums on KMC. Unless you mod one (or maybe even then) we're generally not looked favorably upon by the mods since more reports come out of this forum than any except probably the OTF, and maybe 1 or 2 others occasionally.

The gauntlet concept (done right) seems interesting, but also incredibly hard to pull off. But still, it's food for thought....I'm not unhappy with our current system, but it's always good to think of ways to improve.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.