Best Science Fiction show on TV!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

matchbox
There are alot of Science Fiction seires on tv now-a-days, but which is the best????

In my oponion Stargate SG1 is the best seires as it is funny, witty, intelligent, entertaining and action-packed!!!

but what do you think!!???!!

Red Superfly
RED DWARF!

Mr Zero
Of recent times - Firefly. I didnt watch it at all when it aired but bought the DVD set and it's damn fine stuff.

Old wise - dont get me started...

Ushgarak
Or me...

Silver Stardust
My favorite, even though it's not strictly sci-fi but mixes up tons of genres, is the X-Files yes LOVE that show. Too bad it went seriously downhill during the last two seasons...

SlipknoT
X-files hands down

Mr Zero
I'm a diehard fan of the 1957 BBC Television version of Quatermass and the Pit. Beat that for old.

Rambo
OK, hands down the best sci fi show on tv or was is Babylon 5.

matchbox
Babylon 5 was a great show!! but season 5 was weird! some great ideas to go with the show, and one guy wrote all the episodes!!

great show!!!!

Predator 89
Stargate SG1 is the best scif show
ever only to be rivaled by X-flies.
Its got a great cast, concept and special effects.

matchbox
stargate is a great show and will live on for many seasons to come!!!

it is funnier than many comedy shows, and if you just watch rda through an episode he is funny start to finish in the face of evil cliche bad guys, and big men with staffs!

Predator 89
If RDA ever gets tiered of doing stargate he'll probly swich to comedy, LOL. I dont know about stargate lasting so long because of complications in the budget now that they have stargate Atlantis. Hope they last two more years though. BTW season eight has started in the US. and its going great!

SlickRick69
Babylon 5, Season 5 went downhill and got weird because the cast was getting lazy and greedy after 4 good seasons, so they got rid of Ivanova over money issues, and brought in Lochley, connected her to Sheridan, who was himself only a mere Shadow of a stand-in for Sinclair after season 1...

the whole telepath war stuff would have gone much better in B5 if Ivanova had stayed on board and had fallen in love with that Byron dude, instead of giving that story over to Lyta, whose own story was hijacked for awhile in season 1 by Talia Winters...

still, I might be convinced to rate Babylon 5 high on the list, if not 'the best' of all the rest...

matchbox
that happens to alot of shows when they have a really good season.

like buffy, they should have let it rest at season 5 (which was the best season) but they decided to make more money out of 2 really poor seasons!

b5 was a good and orginal sci fi sieres and allthough it had its set-backs the end result was still a good overall show!

lochley was crap as well. but i liked the chaning of commanders as it opened up more routes for storys, and sinclair had a really boring voice! i prefer sheridain!

Elvin_Roiben
Roswell was awesome, and The X-Files was good, up until they got rid of Molder!
Why didn't they just have Molder and Scully hook-up??!! That's my question!!!!!

Tex
Sliders, before they moved over to Sci/Fi puke

Rambo
The reason that season 5 of Babylon 5 wasn't as good as the others is because the creators of the show didn't think that they would have a chance to make a 5th season. So they had to to kinda finish the show off in the 4th season but later found out that there would be money for a 5th season. Lochley wasn't as good as Sheridan but she was alright. It's still the best

Silver Stardust
I stopped watching it when Mulder left...when they replaced Mulder and Scully with Dogget and Reyes...it wasn't even like the X-Files anymore sad

§nakehead
Stargate SG-1

§nakehead
sliders was pretty good till the professer died and then It went down hill.

eleveninches
1. Lexx
2. Stargate SG1
3. DS9 :season 7

steptreks
1.stargate (starting tomorrow but i cant watch it stupid football)
2.x files (well i liked reyes- i liked it with reyes doggett and scully cos just before mulder 'died' he was weird!!!)
3.sliders (btw the professer died when they switched over to scifi so youre both right)

Jennifer_Tilly
Mulder didnt die he was still alive!!!

anyways

1.The X-Files
2.Farscape
3.Taken

steptreks
hence the 'died'

Jennifer_Tilly
ohhhh oops sorry about that lol

pr1983
1. ds9
2. stargate sg-1
3.i'd a said "space above and beyond" till it got cancelled, so the x-files

Anth
1. Star Trek: The Next Generation
2. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
3. The X-Files

alic88
cudnt agree more. the x-files is undoubtedly the best show ever.. the storylines FOR EACH EPISODE WERE AMAZING..... nothing can top tht show

Anth
However, after season three, X-Files began to fall down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.