Weird Things In Star Wars-lets Talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sanatayesse
Remeber Episode 2 when Anakin was holding a green lightsaber instead of the blue one because he is a padawan learner(Should be holding blue) and obi wan is holding blue. This possibly foreshadows what darth vader says in episode 4:"Once I was the apprentice now I am the master". Shows how he wants to be the master and the one in control.Note: they could have easily switched lightsabers or got another one becase really why did Anakin have the green one(I sense a theme)

Remeber when that scene in episode 2 when Anakin and Dooku were fighting in the dark this could possibly foreshadaow what will happen to Anakin in the future because if you look closely his face has that glare purple shadow which to me represnets the dark side. This was similar to what happened to Luke in Episode 6 when he was hiding from vader and you see half of the purple shadow on his face(dark side) and the other half a light kind of shadow(good side). IT shows how he was torn between the dark side and the good and then he went into a boiled rage when Vader threatened to turn his sister to the dark side.

One last thing I want to add is the geonosian arena when the 3 characters are faced with there own forms of torture. Padme is faced with a tiger-like species with vicious teeth and it represents how quick and nimble she is and always thinking before making decisions and learns how to disect the situation, Obi Wan is faced with the scorpion like creature and it shows how he is head strong and accurate he is about his decisions(like the scorpion) and how he will strike at the right moment with any surprises if necessary, and Anakin is confronted with a rino-like species which shows how powerful and ambitous he is, willing to take the fall if necessary. It also represents his cunning rage and emotions which he uses in battle.

*IF ANY OF YOU THINK OF OR SEE ANY MORE WEIRD IDEAS IN THE MOVIES OF STAR WARS PLEASE POST THEM!!*

Sith Master X
About the lightsaber colors though, I don't think it matters what color you have. Remember, many of the Jedi younglings in the temple had green sabers.

Ghetto Goblin
the green lightsaber that luke gets in the fourth one from obi wan, that said it was his fathers, i think anikan just used for a short while before he got a red one, but either that or it is the one that he also used in the second one, but then it would be different i think.

PVS
but the final duel is blue vs. blue.
anakin then becomes vader
vader uses red.

darktim1
anakin always wanted to be in charge even after after he slaughtered the tusken raiders he blamed obi-wan for holding him back and when he was helping padame pack he said I'm ready for the trials and obi-wan would let him move and that he was overley critical he does'nt understand it's not fair so see he was always blaming his master for everything in his life and become a stronger jedi.So I don't think the lightsaber matters hell they could of argued over lightsabers and who knows what takes obi-wan to put his pupil down they had one of the most challenging friendship in the starwars universe for may force be with you.

Ushgarak
Yes, there is no connection between sabre colour and status.

captainmidnight
i would agree.i mean not that its a big deal but obi wan becomes a jedi master i believe in ep3,he still uses blue as his crystal,blue, green,red,purple its all good to me...

Boris
That was a light blue saber, not green.

memphisbleekgb
jedi construct there own sabres so i don't think the colour holds any bearing on jedi(pre) status as previously mentioned i think it is whatever crystal they chose during construction except for the obvious red

darktim1
the red crystal burn hotter than any other for now may force be with you.

Ghetto Goblin
and why did you say that?

anyways, the color DOESN'T matter like you all said. for example, when obi wan wants to find the "lost planet" he goes to see yoda, and all of those little kids have different color lightsabers.

cavola
i was watching a webdoc with GL and Sam L. J. discussing lightsaber colors. GL replies to Sam " Green & Blue for the good guys and Red for the bad guys"

then Sam tells him " what about purple ? can i have purple ?"

apperantly purple is Sam's favourite color............................whatever !

Ken Benobi
In Star Wars Insider they said GL made an exception as a favor for Samuel because it was his favorite color. As for the light and dark shadows on the face, that's one I hadn't thought of before sanatayesse, but I could go along with it. I also thought it was interesting when Anakin was fighting Dooku, he cut that power cable on the floor so the lights would go dark. It was like Anakin was already all too familiar with the ways of the dark side, and the dual became a dark vs dark......just a thought..

PVS
...or anakin just got lazy and said
"lets cut the lights, so noone sees us actually fighting.
we can just stand here and twirl our glowsticks around with intense looks on our faces."

Ken Benobi
laughing

NoFate007
I liked the change in the duel how it was in the dark, but I don't think it represented anything special. Lightsaber colors don't either, the only thing that's designated with lightsabers is that Sam Jackson likes the color purple, red is dark side, and that obviously Obi-Wan likes the color blue better than green or purple, lol.

I always thought it was weird that lightsabers are "a Jedi's life" yet they lose them so easily

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, but Yoda had a green sbre too. I think he's moved on from Padawan status...a bit.

Not sure I follow you....I guess thats why you put "weird" in the title of the thread.

Cool observation here.

*IF ANY OF YOU THINK OF OR SEE ANY MORE WEIRD IDEAS IN THE MOVIES OF STAR WARS PLEASE POST THEM!!*

Ken Benobi
PVS I can't believe your new sig..... smile1 eek! hysterical thumbs_up

cavola
the ambassadors of Hapiness and Hate have one thing in common............their moves.

yoanswer
STATUS IN THE DARK-LIGHT BALANCE

RED - ONLY DARK SIDE
YELLOW - DARK SIDE PLUS SOME GOOD SIDE
PURPLE - BALANCED BETWEEN GOOD AND BAD
GREEN - GOOD SIDE PLUS SOME BAD SIDE
BLUE - ONLY GOOD SIDE

RED+BLUE = PURPLE
YELLOW+BLUE=GREEN

mephistodesigns
WTF? where on earth did you hear that? There aren't even any yellow sabers in the films.

ASDRUBALDO
I would like to see Aanakin with a turn on a lightsaber that is blue, then he stops, change his idea, turn it off, adjust its color to red, and turn it on again. Then all the freaks would know that the same lighsaber can change colors. It would be funnier than the midiclorians used to explain the force to the freaks (probably the same freaks)

whitewookie
Do i really need to start off a whole argument about the indivual unique colors of saber crystals? Why not just put a prysm into a saber and have ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW

ASDRUBALDO

whitewookie
The only example i've ever seen of a crystal that could chance color almost instant was in Duel of the Fakes: Special edition on TFN.net!!! Every other thing i've seen (various comics, clone wars cartoon, KOTOR) describe each crystal as having individual properties. Also if you changed the color halfway through, the speed of jedi moving, the audience would get so confused if characters were constantly changing color. Its continuity as much as anything.

DARK ASSASSIN
I never listen to junior members until they have something sufficient to say. I just scroll right on down.

jedijunky1138
good point DA

neo313
i know that star wars video games and whatnot are not considered "cannon", but in SWG the color of the lightsaber crystal directly determines the color of the blade. also, the star wars visual dictionaries state that the crystal in a lightsaber will produce one specific color.
the sith craft their crystals and always use red, while the jedi typically harvest their crystals, which always produce a green or blue blade (as far as the movies go) and except in mace's purple saber blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.