Tinged with sadness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Duffy
Right, i for one feel that there is no way GL is going to make epsisodes 7,8 & 9, nor should he, as i dont feel there is really anywhere for the story to go.
But at the same time, i cant help but feeling that when episode 3 comes out, and the film finishes, it is going to be tinged with sadness that the saga has drawn to a close. Its like the end of an era, the only thing to do is buy all 6 when they bring out the set and watch it through when you come over all sentimenal.

I'd also like to add that this supershadow bloke is a complete ***.
the way he comes out with 'this idea will be forwarded to lucas' really makes me cringe and the gullable people on there are really eating up all he has to say.
One particular recent post on there where somebody asks him to invite GL to his birthday party is particularly pathetic mad

yerssot
please, keep the ss-bashing in the other threads, no need to spread more hatred

and DD, those ep 7-9... fanboy dreams, GL stopped thinking of those already ages ago

Darth_Duffy
not entirely happy with the harsh tone there my son.
i was in no way saying there should be episodes 7-9 i was saying its sad its drawing to a close

yerssot
it sure is DD, but no more stories to tell for GL so it's time to give sw a rest

just might sound harsh, cause I was hoping to stop this thread to become a new SS-bashing thread before it could start

Ushgarak
It WILL be sad. But there is value in conclusion.

Felix L
I like that phrase. Sounds like words to live by. big grin

rustiswordz
i agree, it will be an end of an era.

someone did say eons ago that the thrawn books were the unofficial 7/8/9 ?

yerssot
well, that someone isn't GL or lucasfilm related

Lyn
I get where you're coming from DD. I'm gonna be sad too. sad

yerssot
and I'll be here waiting to hug you lyn wink

Dirty Vader
it will be sad...but luckily we have EU to look forward to, to continue the era smile

Lyn
laughing wink stick out tongue big grin Happy Dance

amity75
Star Wars has many critics but history will prove that these 6 films represent the greatest story ever told at the Cinema. Even when the saga is over Star Wars will be with me, always...

RobBo
Don't forget that us old hands have been there before. When Luke burned the body of Darth Vader, we thought THAT was the end of an era!

amity75
Yep, I remember sitting on the steps of the cinema being absolutely gutted when ROTJ finished coz I thought that was it all over.

padme wanna be
The reson Im not that enthusiastic about 7,8,9 is because the oringal cast will be to old to do another movie. That means new acters and I dont know about you but I dont want to see new people playing our old favorits. big grin

Member.
well, technically, the trilogy did end there. this is just the prelude to all that happens in the OT.

Darth Jello
well there is a tv show or two in the works...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.