Thanos vs Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ska57
After the two teamed up to overtake Mephisto and Loki, their differences got in the way and they started going at eachother. Who will rise the victor?

Arachnoidfreak
I love Doom as much as the next guy, but Thanos is not only smarter, but way more powerful. Doom would really dig deep into his bag of tricks to simply come out of this one alive.

moshtitan
i totally agree.

Magee
Yea i dont think theirs anyway Doom could defeat Thanos.

JuggernautFan
nuff said already

who?-kid
I don't know if Thanos is smarter than Doom... Says who ? How can you compare intelligence ?

Thanos is of course waaay more powerful, and will probably win, but smarter... I really don't think so. Doom also knows something of art, literature. I haven't seen Thanos quoting Shakespeare much (yeah, I know Thanos probably doesn't know Shakespeare because he's an alien - duh - but you know what I mean).

And Dr. Doom also knows himself better than Thanos knows himself, and does not doubt himself. Thanos does from time to time. And you know what they say : "Self knowledge is the beginning of all wisdom."

manjaro
you're totally kidding right? how can you say that someone who is a supreme intelligence, who has had CENTURIES to gather and compound a vast wealth of knowledge on every subject imaginable(except shakespeare) YOU DONT THINK he's SMARTER than Doom, or even knows himself,are you freaking insane?

thats like saying that one of those little punk ass 11 and 12 year old kids on those spelling and math bees that they show on ESPN is smarter than me.(whose way smart by the way, really I am....shut up) Even though they've been proven to be geniouses thus far , that just means that they're smart for kids their age, but not as smart as any well educated adult(like me)*giggles like school girl*

hopefully that made sense

Linkalicious
yah what Manjaro said....except he sucks at spelling bee's!

Mane
yep

who?-kid

Arachnoidfreak
Thanos USED to doubt himself. He doesn't anymore. He's gotten over his relationship with Death, and has changed a great deal. You can't really say he is a villain anymore either.

Linkalicious
Thanos has lived for a much much longer period of time than Doom. He has traveled to worlds that Doom himself, probably doesn't even know exsists.

Doom's knowledge is worldly...

Thanos' knowledge is universal...

manjaro
well said

moshtitan
well said indeed.

Alpha Centauri
Doom has otherworldly knowledge just not to the extent of Thanos. I don't think Doom will win but struggle to come out alive is a bit much. Thanos pelted him with a blast from the gauntlet and barely got by his armour.

Thanos wins anyhow.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Thanos, a bit too much for Doom.

Black Spiderman
doom cant withstand thanos power

who?-kid
Of course Thanos wins. Too powerful. Everybody knows this.

But unless somebody proves why Thanos is significantly smarter than Doom, I think they are about on the same intelligence level.

Magee
Have u just blanked out all the other posts after ur one? As Linkalicious said, Doom's power is worldly.... Thanos' power is Universal. Doom may have some knowledge of other worlds but Thanos has hundreds. These r the worlds with technology that amplified a lot of Thanos's power. Thanos would learn from these worlds, that tells me that he's smarter but if u dont wanna beleive that, go ahead.

x-Lilith-x
Thanos gets my vote

wolverine 101
Thanos would win

Alpha Centauri
That was established back on page 1....

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Thank you Captain Obvious. by the way, are you some incarnation of wolverine8888? It doesn't seem so, your spelling is better, but it's a possibility.

Alpha Centauri
The fact that him, mitchell, morbius, surfer 52. silver surfer 66 and black spiderman are all from Canada, make pointless posts and have joined in July 04, lead me to believe they're all the same dude.

-AC

Magee
some good logic.

wolverine 101
im from USA i just put canada cause wolvie was created there

Alpha Centauri
Sure you did.

-AC

wolverine 101
i did actually

wolverine 101
im from detroit centauri

deathclock
Are you really from Zenn-La, Alpha?
Yes, very far fetched that he would use wolverine's locale instead of his own....

Alpha Centauri
Given that Canada is a real place and every one of Mitchell GG's other names are from there, joined in the same month and make the same type of posts as Wolverine 101's, I made the assumption. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

They're all from the same place and all have the same attitude.

I believe they're the same guy, if not then as I said, so be it.

-AC

x-Lilith-x
*nods in deathclocks direction*

Alpha Centauri
Should have TECHNICALLY put that before I posted as what I said just sorta cancelled it out.

My assumption was very specific and with very good reason. It wasn't the argument of why he put it there, just the fact that is was there. Highly coincidental.

I'm good, real good. But please, hold your applause or alternatively, jibes. I wish not to get into a fight on here over some moron who keeps PMing me. So let's get back on topic if anybody wants to.

-AC

Surfer 52
man how many times do i have 2 tell u my accounts are surfer 52 and silver surfer66

deathclock
hah...
Your assumption was hardly specific. You based it on the fact that he had Canada listed as his location and he joined the forum in July. There are ~32,507,874 people living in Canada, but, obviously, if more than one joins a forum in the same month it's the same person. Furthermore, the location is just as likely tied to his screen name, wolverine.

Alpha Centauri
"Your assumption was hardly specific. You based it on the fact that he had Canada listed as his location and he joined the forum in July. There are ~32,507,874 people living in Canada, but, obviously, if more than one joins a forum in the same month it's the same person. Furthermore, the location is just as likely tied to his screen name, wolverine."

The Wolverine thing may be true but it doesn't make it uncoincidental. My assumption was based on more than location and date joined and the fact that you never realised this leads me to believe you've not read what I wrote.

This is needlessly off topic.

-AC

deathclock
Yes, it's off topic...just remember who brought it up.

I didn't read what you wrote?
Let's see... all from Canada (an assumption), pointless posts (an opinion), the only thing factual for your entire conclusion is the month they joined. If you're going to superciliously spout off, at least take a moment to formulate a rational thought.

moshtitan
doesnt really matter, does it?

Wynndar
hmmm......thanos' knowledge pales in comparison to that of a Watcher, yet Doom has already defeated one of those

Arachnoidfreak
If Doom can do it, Thanos can do it.

Alpha Centauri
"Yes, it's off topic...just remember who brought it up. "

Yes, Mane.

"Let's see... all from Canada (an assumption), pointless posts (an opinion), the only thing factual for your entire conclusion is the month they joined. If you're going to superciliously spout off, at least take a moment to formulate a rational thought."

If you look at their style of posting close enough you can see uncanny similarities. I have stated this as one of the multiple reasons for my assumption. Heal the rift I've created in your time on this forum so we can get back on topic.

-AC

deathclock
Since you're starting to sound like one of the "fanboys" that you despise, defending a conclusion vehemently without the slightest iota of factual evidence to back it, I'm going to end this conversation.

Magee
Hey DeatHclock, stfu? It doesnt matter, no one cares about some stupid little kid from Canada.

who?-kid
Let's all stay polite.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I didn't think you'd like getting shown that you were wrong Deathclock. You got a problem with something I say then you can PM me and I'll answer you directly. Don't ruin threads.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Stop being an ass deathlcock

x-Lilith-x
Alpha Centauri is there a time limit on when I can agree with someone?
I don't constantly browse this board.

"Should have TECHNICALLY put that before I posted as what I said just sorta cancelled it out."

What you have said hasn't altered or cancelled my opinion of deathclock being veracious in this exchange in any way at all...

moshtitan
so....Thanos and Dr. Doom....who's cooler?

Paola
alright guys...... stop the discussion about "the canadian guy" or I'll close this thread, ok?

lft4ded
Doom wins through the most unconventional method - he tricks Thanos into achieving ultimate power, or some semblance of it, and Thanos defeats himself!

I like old purple puss better though. Unlike Doom, Thanos is beholden to no one. Doom has to run a country, which is dull and boring and explains why he pisses in the super-powered beer every now and then... smile

Into the Void
That didn't even make any sense. The ultimate power would be the Heart of the Universe, which Thanos HAS had before, and he destroyed most of the universe with it...

lft4ded

Alpha Centauri
I personally prefer Doom overall but taking out Thanos is a bit much. He could likely devise a way of going for a while though.

-AC

lft4ded
Yeah, I know. I can imagine the comic where he 'defeats' Thanos to be nothing more than his imagination flaring to life one final, even as Thanos delivers the coup de grace. Then it's lights out for Doon.

JuggernautFan
actually it was explained in "the end" that thanos had allowed himself to be beaten, rather than "being thwarted" as you have said. i just thought i would throw that in there........

thanos with the infinity gauntlet, was beating the crap out of everybody. only when he replaced eternity, as the embodiement of all there was, did that stupid zombie ***** take the gauntlet from his hand. but again, he allowed that to happen, as a way of defeat. in "the end" he chose to re-create the universe. he questions the new safe empire of nothingness, but what would it's value be???

Linkalicious
yah, once he destroys the universe, he realizes how sh!tty that truly is. And now he's realized that he can't win Death over.

And upon further review.

I really don't care how much prep time and how much planning goes into place by Doom. When it's all said and done, Thanos will be victorious.

manjaro
personally i think this thread is 2 pages too long there is no concevable way Doom can beat Thanos!

*Braces himself, with ears covered, anticipating the "but he will be prepared" response.*

Alpha Centauri
As Victor and I are the only two who realises he doesn't need prep time and will still lose, I doubt you'll get that response.

-AC

Wynndar
i still have no problm with Doom defeating Thanos....he is always taking on peoplewho r far stronger on paper, but through his undominable will he comes out on top...Thanos is no better than the surfer, no better than a watcher, and no better than the original Beyonder...and doom has stolen the power of all of them...and a watcher is far older and knowledgable than Thanos but that didnt help against doom

lft4ded
Granted I think the Beyonder, the most powerful of those named, actually let Doom steal his power. The other's I think were legitimate kills though. Hmmm, if Doom were to re-steal Norrin's power in anticipation of a conflict with Thanos...though I hope that Surfer would never let that happen again. And yes, I know the Surfer's might pales in comparison to Thanos'.

Ha, we're all Doom's mind. The angel against fighting Thanos and the devil for fighting Thanos - all running possible scenarios! wink

Victor Von Doom
Thanos no better than Surfer?

You been reading Kellogg's cut-out-and-keep Marvel cards again?

Linkalicious
I would NEVER say that Thanos is no better than the Silver Surfer. He's beyond Surfer in many areas.

The combined efforts of Adam Warlock, Thor, and Silver Surfer would still have their work cut out for them when dealing with the Titan.

Also, Silver Surfer isn't nearly as intelligent as Thanos. I read both of their comic series (surfer old n new) and their means of planning are completely different.

Surfer goes to a source for guidance and information....Thanos devises intricate plans.

If Doom stole Thanos' power somehow...then Thanos would devise a way to steal it back.

Alpha Centauri
Thanos is better than most so even though Surfer is my favourite, it's no bad thing admitting he is out of his league with Thanos. Thanos rules.

-AC

Linkalicious
Silver Surfer and Venom are my favorite 2 (tied) characters.

And it's true...Surfer isn't in Thanos' league.

He could hold his own better than most...but when the smoke clears....Thanos is stand with one foot on Surfers dead corpse.

Victor Von Doom
Don't see many alive corpses anymore. How the world changes.

Nataku8188
Doom would win, if something unexpected happened. Other then that, it would be a slow path to victory for Thanos, paved with blood, sweat, tears and nacho dip.

Captain America
I think that for at least one piont in the fight Doom would have some sort of trick and take the advantage over Thanos, but thanos would win in the end.

Krissy Von Doom
As much as I like Doom, preparation time or not, Thanos is just way too much for him to handle. In terms of intelligence Thanos is above Doom, with a few lifetimes more experience and more raw, natural power. Doom's built a time machine and armour that rival's Ironman's however Thanos has built huge spaceships on a grand scale. Doom's plans for gaining ultimate power have involved stealing it from the Surfer and Beyonder using scientific means. Thanos plans have involved cunning, strategy and raw power (battle with the Elders). Doom has a hard time going toe-to-toe with Terrax. Thanos has stalemated Tyrant and Odin. Doom's tricked Mephisto once with the assistance of Dr Strange. Thanos treats Mephisto like a joker.

The only way Doom beats Thanos is if he caught him by surprise, which would be hard to do.

Khellendros
Heheh, I voted for Doom just to be a *****. I think Doom has an advantage coming into this fight because he KNOWS he's incredibly over-powered. Whereas Thanos is likely coming into this thinking Doom is only human, albeit clever than 99% of Earth's population. I could maybe see Doom pulling something out of his bag of tricks to turn Thanos' strength against him. It's a long shot though.

Wynndar
i dont think power is an issue with Doom...he knows Thanos is more powerful than him...Doom has wielded that power and more...its no big deal for him to acquire it...this fight will come down to brains...yes Thanos has built space craft ad many impressive constructs: because he had people build them for him...Thanos does not have the scientific genius of Doom...he is extremely long lived and has a lot of experience and knowledge....but he cannot create or compose like Doom

crazyspinz
thanos would own doom, he is way smarter, and even if he wasnt hes got enough power do take out almost anyone

Wynndar
that doesnt sound like a very convincing argument..are you aware that Doom has had the power of a Watcher and the Beyonder?...that power would definitely give Thanos trouble, especially when someone as smart as Doom is controlling it...and what makes you think Thanos is smarter? has he mastered time travel? interdimensional travel?...in heroes reborn Doom was the brain behind defeating Galactus...i think he was able to go back in time and retry four times...Doom was also the one responsible for getting the heroes out of the universe created by Franklin Richards and created the emense star ship that got them out of there...Doom has also taken on the dark celestial, he was blasted to another time/earth..but he ended up conquering it in a short time...Thanos does wield great inherent power, but dont confuse that with power he obtained...he was born a Titan and thats why he is so powerful...not from his own genius

crazyspinz
Doom has had the power of a Watcher and the Beyonder

key word HAD... and yes thanos is smarter than doom, doom is human, he is realy frikin smart, but not still human. thanos with the infinity gontlet has god like power, dr doom couldnt even take the fantastic 4, and surfer could handle them pretty easy, and thanos owns surfer

who?-kid
Well said. Doom started with nothing and ended up being one the greatest villains of all time !! Doom has also more willpower : he never doubts himself. Thanos does, at times.

Thanos has more advanced technology at his disposal (I think), but nothing Doom can't use against Thanos after having studied it for a very short time.

I like'em both, but Doom is THE man. Not Thanos.

Wynndar
the surfer take the FF easily?...dont make me laugh...any single member of the FF could eliminate the surfer..the Thing has beaten him from just pounding him...the human torch fought the surfer whe he blamed him for Nova's death...invisible woman has never fought im but she has also killed the executionor celestial, and blasted a whole through galactus with her invisible force field...and Richards could easily (although im sure he already has) devise a way to take down the surfer in moments....but anyway, my point was that Thanos was inherently more powerful than Doom because he's a Titan, not because he earned it...Doom is a human but if he needs power he will acquire it

crazyspinz
last time i checked surfer could wipe the floor with the ff4, but i may be wrong...

Tron
Everyone's saying Thanos has more knowledge than Doom, whihc may be true. But it's not how much knowledge you have, but how you use it, no matter how much or how little, and Doom uses his knowledge damn well. And like Wynndar said, power's not always a factor, as Doom's proven before. Hell, through the years, Doom's probably been devising a way to deal with Thanos should he meet him again, if he hasn't come up with something already. I won't say who would win in the end, but don't be surprised if Doom happens to pull out a win.

Krissy Von Doom
Yes, it's how you use that knowledge that counts....just compare the way they've both used their intellects and resources in obtaining ultimate power...which of the two would you say has shown more resourcefulness and ingenuity in their plans?

I'd say Doom falls short in obtaining the infinity gems from the Elders if he tried it back then.

Krissy Von Doom
That's not to say Doom's unintelligent, actually it took an unimaginable for of will to steal the Beyonder's power - that was a high risk plan.

Compare that to the way Thanos obtained the Infinity Gems - not once was he in any real danger because of ingenuity and cunning - he never had to be put in any physical danger, all the time he was in control of the situation and he foresaw what each opponent was going to do.

This is why he would win against Doom.

Wynndar
Doom never quits...he is the toughest character in comics

crazyspinz
i think doom would quite shorty after HE DIES, thanos is just to strong, but doom is still cool

Tron
Like I already said, NEVER count Doom out. Yeah Thanos is powerful as hell, but it's damn near Doom's hobby to challenge overly powerful characters, and he usually succeeds. Maybe he can win, and maybe he can't, but I would never count him out of any battle. And don't forget that Thanos might find himself fighting a Doombot the majority of the time, with each one collecting data for Doom to find any possible weaknesses. Doom's just too damn resourceful to die so easily.

Wynndar
yep

Wynndar
Doom was a doombot everytime he fought the FF from like issue 40- 300

Tron
I think Dr. Doom hasn't made any more than 10 actual appearances in Marvel, although I could be wrong.

And technically, Doom never lost to Squirrel-Girl, a Doombot did.smile

Wynndar
yea something like that

Tron
Bump:-l

FrothByte
i already stated this in another thread, im gonna paste it here for all to see:

i once stated in a different thread that i hated batman coz he was so f*cking unrealistic. he does things too impossible for a human to carry out... im gonna say the same for doom. i like doom a lot more than i like bats, but sometimes the accomplishments that doom does almost seems godly,, and it becomes boring to discuss a versus thread which has doom in it when people start saying things like:

"doom is prepared for anything"
"doom beat beyonder"
"doom will always think of something"
"doom cannot be beat that way"
etc. etc.

honestly guys, if thats the way you think abt doc. doom, never include him in a versus thread again. coz its obvious that its taken for granted that doom can eventually beat anyone.

i mean, nobody even tries to exert effort into how doom will beat the others, they just say that he wins coz he's doom. coz he's too smart. don't get me wrong, i do like doom, but i noticed that all versus matches with doom in it tend to get very boring very soon.

wrathofachilles
I'm sure you're brilliant and all, but it's 'who's way smart by the way' as in 'who is way smart by the way.' Sorry, couldn't resist lol. You're right though, Thanos is vastly superior in intelligence to Doom. Doom is a human genius, Thanos is a god-like genius. God beats man any day of the week...except Sunday, because then they rest, lol.

wrathofachilles
Point of interest: was the Doom who travelled to 2099 really Dr. Doom or was he some imposter? I'm sure they revealed this, but I stopped reading after 20-something. And what overly powerful characters has Doom defeated besides Magneto?

who?-kid

wrathofachilles
It's comparing apples and oranges. Yes Doom is brilliant, but you cannot compare his intelligence to cosmic beings. Doom is probably the most intelligent human on earth, but he is just that: human. Again, gods cannot be placed on the same level as human. Thanos doubts himself because he probably has figured out by now the only ways he has ever lost is by letting his enemies beat him. He's wondering 'why the hell do I keep doing this?' Doom is arrogant, but arrogance is not always reflective of intelligence. I know plenty of arrogant people who have no shred of intellect. I'm not saying Doom is that, again, he's brilliant, but his knowledge is not cosmic.

who?-kid
Thanos is not a God. I don't even consider him as a "cosmic" being.

He's a tough and cunning Eternal, nothing more.

wrathofachilles
He's immortal. He is consistently resurrected by Death, ergo he is a god. What do you mean you don't *consider* him a cosmic being. He IS a cosmic being, you can't say you don't consider him one. If he's not a cosmic being, Silver Surfer isn't one, Firelord isn't one, Terrax isn't one, etc. etc. He's more than an Eternal, once he got that cubeway back in the 70s he became a hell of a lot more.

who?-kid
No, Death doesn't want Thanos, a big difference. That doesn't make him a god.

Arachnoidfreak
About Doom 2099: I don't know. I personally don't think the original Doom would come up with a costume that shitty.

About defeating powerful enemies: Did you read the whole thread? Or the other Doom threads? Dr. Doom has embarrassed Silver Surfer, Galactus, and stolen Beyonder's powers. He earns the respect of nearly omnipotent beings.

Wynndar
Considering that Doom has outsmarted the Dark Celestial and a Watcher (both far more intelligent than Thanos) I think its fair to say we can compare his intelligence against cosmic beings

Wynndar
furthermore, someone said Thanos has been to planets Doom does not even know exist...Doom has been to many planets himself, usually much further parts of the universe than Thanos, Doom is also one of like 5 people including the Beyonder, who have actually travelled to the Universe inhabited by the race of Beyonders..Thanos has not...Doom has mastered time travel and interdimensional travel, in Heroes return it took him 4 times to lose to Galactus then go back and time and beat him...he is definitely a worthy adversary to Thanos...Thanos more powerful than Doom?...yes, Doom is a Human, Thanos is a Titan...he is inherently more powerful...however, both Thanos and Doom has wielded omnipotent power, their inherent power levels they were born with are irrelevant in this fight..

wrathofachilles
How did Doom embarrass Galactus? I remember reading something about him stealing Silver Surfer's Power Cosmic, how he did this I'm interested in discovering, but I don't know anything about his confrontations with Galactus. As for Thanos being a god, he is virtually immortal, he has powers greater than many gods, and it has been stated that he is a god many times, thus that's good enough for me. What walks like a god, talks like a god, destroys the universe like a god...is a god.

Tron
Well said.

who?-kid
Sigh... Thanos is not a God. Not even a little one. He may think he's a God, or act as one, but that doesn't make him a God.

He's the son of Mentor, end of story. And if Thanos is a God, what about his brother, Starfox ? Is he a God also ? Didn't think so. Thanos was already strong when he was a child, but later he cheated also a bit : he used technology to increase the power levels of his strength.

He has possessed the powers of a God (thanks to the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet...), yes, but nothing more.

Arachnoidfreak
I really couldn't give you details on the Surfer thing...but he stole Galactus's power to use to steal the Beyonder's power. I think Galactus turned his ship into energy so he could absorb it, but Doom came in and stole it, then beat Galactus, and then went to steal the Beyonder's powers. I think. I can't remember clearly. Just pick up the Secret Wars series.

wrathofachilles
Right, because of the Cube, that's what I was referring to back in the 70s. Yeah he lost it, and the Gaunlet, but he keeps coming back. He's immortal with god-like powers. Pardon me for not being quite as picky. And what do you mean he cheated? Doom cheats all the time...that's all he does! Again, Doom is at the top of my list, but how the writers have him defeat cosmic beings older than the universe is just silly.

who?-kid
Ah, that's more like it wink. Not a God, but godlike. I can live with that.

Well, maybe cheating isn't the most correct word, let's just say he helped himself with technology. But I only mentioned this to show that Thanos was not born with all of his god-like powers.

True, to be honest, as much as I like Doom, but him defeating Beyonder... silly.

Tron
Yeah, that's comics for ya though, people doing the impossible all the time. Bruce Banner surviving gamma radiation? Now this should've never happened, but it did. Or Matt Murdock not getting cancer or something from those chemicals that splashed on him. Or Reed Richards making most of the shit he makes. And I won't even mention DC. That's what's done in comics, people doing impossible shit, some silly, some not, but entertaining most of the time.

crazyspinz
tis soo true

wrathofachilles
Well yeah, but I can tolerate 'accidents' that give heroes their power. That's all fun, but when normal heroes/villains take out beings who create and destroy universes, that's too much. Plus it takes the fun out of it. Silly stories should be fun, not over the top, pull our your hair, 'what the hell was that!' absurdity. At least they had Doom beat cosmic beings instead of Red Skull or Mole Man or something, lol.

Tron
Bump

Cause I can.wink

FistOfThe North
Who would win. Who would get crused? The Titan or the King? It's you call. ahpla, erehw rea uoy.

kgkg
common if Silver surfer can't beat him what can doom do.

Thanos will rip him to peices.

Thanos is Doom taken to the next level , in power and in mind.

Alpha Centauri
Thanos of course.

As many have said, he's basically Doom on a universal and cosmic level. Add to the fact that he's an eternal, indestructible and invincible.

Doom won't go down without a fight but he will go down.

I don't see why everyone feels like I vote for Doom against anybody. Stop putting him against shit opponents if you don't wanna see him win. Simple.

-AC

MERCILOUS
Doom has a chance.

Wynndar
Doom has beaten more powerful foes than Thanos...power is not an issue.

Beyonder
Doom wins. He tricks Vader into fighting Thanos, while he goes off on his annual banquet with the lovely Silver Sable.

Vader tries to force choke Thanos, only to have his head unscrewed by the Titan. After that, Thanos pays a visit to the Emperor and bitchslaps that wrinkly old goat.

Arsenal
Originally posted by Beyonder
Doom wins. He tricks Vader into fighting Thanos, while he goes off on his annual banquet with the lovely Silver Sable.

Vader tries to force choke Thanos, only to have his head unscrewed by the Titan. After that, Thanos pays a visit to the Emperor and bitchslaps that wrinkly old goat.
You're brain is getting screwed up from too much of the Vader vs. Doom thread.

long pig
As much as I think doom is the man, he cant beat thanos....this thread doesnt even give him prep!
With a few years of prep he has a chance.
No prep? no way.

But Doom is still the Earths smartest man, and will kick your ass and you will enjoy it!

MERCILOUS
I say he has a chance, even without prep. Although that scenario would likely end up with him buying himself some time. I say Thanos wins but saying Doom has no chance is pretty far out.

cherry cola
Doom vs Thanos what a fight both are very smart and have nomerous resources to rely on. Thanos has more personal powers cosmic blast immunity to heat, elecricity, etc. Doom's armor is not to be messed with. I see this fight coming down to whoever could aquire mor power for themselves. Since Thanos knows how to use the IG. I think he could find the most power.

Victor Von Doom
Apparently, someone is desperate to see Doom lose.

(i.e. be outvoted on a comic internet forum).

Shouldn't it be 'era', not 'rea'?

Swanky-Tuna
There's only one way they could do battle.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/zanpanzer/thanosvsdoomchess.GIF

Alpha Centauri
If people wanna really see Doom get outvoted in a thread on the net, want some advice?

Stop putting him against X-Men and mediocre Avengers.

-AC

Zahit
wouldn't Storm own them both? laughing

who?-kid
Without prep-time : Thanos without any doubts.

With prep-time: Doom has a reasonable chance, but nothing more. Thanos still would win probably, but don't count Doom out.

But Doom is much more interesting than Thanos, who was born with lots of his powers. Doom had to start from zero.

kgkg
with prep-time by that you mean only doom gets prep time rite.

who?-kid
Originally posted by kgkg
with prep-time by that you mean only doom gets prep time rite.
Not necessarily, though he will probably need more prep time than Thanos.

Thanos is one of THE main villains, but I have the impression that he gets overestimated on this forum. He has screwed up much more than once you know (so has Doom by the way).

Molecule man
Thanos all the way this guy is just too smart and powerful for even Doom to handle.

kgkg
Originally posted by who?-kid
Not necessarily, though he will probably need more prep time than Thanos.

Thanos is one of THE main villains, but I have the impression that he gets overestimated on this forum. He has screwed up much more than once you know (so has Doom by the way).

with prep time the result is already shown in comics.

Doom tried to get IG , HOTU failed , while thanos succeded.

Doom sent a spy camera to check on the egyptian guy , and thanos had a better one.

etc list goes on and on

kgkg
and i don't think thanos is overrated doom is.

if he is so smart why does the FF4 keep deafeating him??

Zahit
Reed Richards.

Alpha Centauri
Because they're meant to.

They've failed to stop him conquering Earth 3 times. I'd say that's pretty good for Doom.

-AC

Zahit
Even Thanos keeps an eye on Dr. Doom............

kgkg
am not trying to put down Doom people.

Thanos is just better that's all

bakerboy
First of all, thanos win, but if doom has enough preparation time , his mind could made some good plan to beat thanos.

Second of all, some avengers and some x men could beat doom too, so , that afirmation of centauri is as absurd as always. If you are calling people like professor x, storm, jean grey, thor , iron man, hank pym or black panther mediocres, you need to read more comics about those characters.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by bakerboy
First of all, thanos win, but if doom has enough preparation time , his mind could made some good plan to beat thanos.

Second of all, some avengers and some x men could beat doom too, so , that afirmation of centauri is as absurd as always. If you are calling people like professor x, storm, jean grey, thor , iron man, hank pym or black panther mediocres, you need to read more comics about those characters.

Prof x - Cripple
Storm - Hits herself with bricks
Jean grey - Easily confused with Rachel
Thor - Isn't in surfer's league, where Doom tends to show his stuff.
Iron man - Admits Doom is better
Hank pym - Pathetic
Black panther - Intelligent, but lacking in power.

As for thanos;

Thanos - Cosmic doom.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

No X-Men can take Doom.

Black Panther would give it a good try but I don't think he'd win. Well, current Panther would beat anyone.

-AC

Lord S
Originally posted by who?-kid
Without prep-time : Thanos without any doubts.

With prep-time: Doom has a reasonable chance, but nothing more. Thanos still would win probably, but don't count Doom out.

But Doom is much more interesting than Thanos, who was born with lots of his powers. Doom had to start from zero. I agree with this.

Alpha Centauri
People who think he's overrated say:

"He's just a man in a suit!!!".

Exactly. You can't prove how good he is anymore by saying that.

-AC

Lord S
Accomplishments are the most important thing to consider when looking at any character, and the odds and opposition he/she were up against, especially in the case of villains...whether it be Doom, Thanos, or Magneto.

Anyone who calls Doom 'overrated' is just simply an ignorant fool.

whobdamandog
Erheemm...the victor of this particular battle has already been determined in a previous thread...if you would be so kind...refer to the link below...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-328492

Or if you would prefer..refer to the scenario below...

dominic/wolf
doom would own thanos ecsepialy with if thanos has his automatic self sabatoge factor deal

Alpha Centauri
Nobody could own Thanos.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Erheemm...the victor of this particular battle has already been determined in a previous thread...if you would be so kind...refer to the link below...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-328492

Or if you would prefer..refer to the scenario below...
LOL ! ! !!!!! Wow..

Alpha Centauri
Scenarios thought up by people on this forum don't mean they are fact.

Just thought I'd throw that in for anyone who believes otherwise.

-AC

Tron
People say Doom is overrated, yet at the same time they underrate the Fantastic Four, Marvel's quintesintial superhero team, who usually beat everybody. And Doom CAN beat most of those X-Men and Avengers just mentioned; Professor X can do absolutely Jack against Doom (with or without armor), Iron Man says Doom's tech exceeds his, and Hank Pym, the thought of him coming close to Doom is just laughable. Black Panther's the only one on that list that comes closer than any of them, in fact I won't even say who could win between those two, Doom is more power at his disposal, but Panther is still cunning enough to pull a win (he has Doom's full respect, that says something itself).

Anyways, this has been done.

Merging

Wynndar
wasnt Prof X unable to use telepathy on Doom due to his level of will power?

bakerboy
First of all , thanos isnt unbeatable. That is the typic fanboysm from centauri once again. Captain marvel beat him, as surfer, or iron man, or thor, or odin, or the fantastic four, etc.

Second of all, centauri and his "lets overrating doom fan club" has posted a lot of nonsense again. So, i could say too that who is overrating doom is an idiot, but i wont to insult as those people did. Lets see: profesor x could beat doom because is the best telepath on heart and he coud kill doom ataking his mind. Doom only could win if he could do a shield to protect from his atacks as magneto did.

Second of all, storm or jean grey aren mediocre. Hank pym is one of the best minds in marvel universe, same with stark and his armor is better than doom, thor is god of thunder and without preparation time he could beat doom. black panther the same that stark and pym and he is a great warrior. He could beat doom too.

Third of all, is true. its very strange that many of the people who is overrating doom is underrated the fantastic four, the same group with doom's intellectual equal, reed richards, and the same group who always kick his ass. Curious.
The other is only garbage from the " lets overrating doom fan club" of these forums.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha no way. Actually the most hilarious poster on KMC.

Do yourself a favour son, don't call me a fanboy and then go on to say that Iron-Man and Surfer beat Thanos. Thanos beats Surfer regularly. Surfer is better than all of those you mentioned.

Why are you pursuing the childish continuation of "let's overrate Doom fan club"? Do you actually understand what overrating means? I'm not overrating him. Just because you underrate him and don't agree with how I view the character, it doesn't mean I'm overrating him. You think Iron-Man can beat Surfer, Thanos, Thor and Doom. That's overrating if ever I saw it.

Professor X tried to mind attack Doom, he couldn't do it because of Doom's willpower, fact. Not overrating, fact. You are sitting there bringing Dr. Doom into EVERY single thread, it's SO petty. Iron-Man isn't better than Doom, Hank Pym better than Doom? Hahahaha. That's a good one.

Grow up, stop acting like a child and stop being the king of the fanboys by crying your eyes out everytime someone says something you disagree with. If people don't agree with you exactly, you flip out. It's really really sad.

Reed isn't Doom's intellectual equal, when they had to go one on one, he was scared. They don't always kick his ass, they clearly didn't kick his ass when he conquered the world 3 times. They clearly didn't kick his ass during Secret Wars. The can win against him, and do. That isn't "always" kicking his ass.

We get the picture junior, you don't like Doom. We get it.

Now if we can get back on topic to what actually matters:

Thanos Vs Dr. Doom. Thanos will win. With prep Doom has a chance but I still give it to Thanos.

-AC
Don't like it? I believe you can do nothing about it smile.

kgkg
Originally posted by bakerboy
Second of all, centauri and his "lets overrating doom fan club" has posted a lot of nonsense again. who is in this club???

well at least AC has facts to back his shit up.

and when did FF4 , surfer , thor beated Thanos stop making shit up.

FF4 beated Galactus to ohh that means they are smarter , stonger then Galactus?

i don't understant what you are trying to prove.

doom is weak , or thanos is a baby?

and the fact is doom and thanos did more than other villians can dream.

bakerboy
its good that you think on me as a hilarious posters. I think on you as a arrogant and false one, that even isnt funny at all.

Oh, you forget that surfer is the good guy and at the end, he always beat thanos.

I think it because they are fact. Iron man beat thanos, surfer, thor and doom. They are facts.

Professor x could beat doom, its a fact. Try to read better the posts, i have never posted that pym was better than doom, i have said that he isnt a mediocre avenger and he is one of the best minds on marvel universe.

Hahahha, this one is good, the king of the little and childish fan boys calling me what he is doing all the time. What a joke. Also " nobody could own thanos" is clearly from a fanboy and one of the most stupid sentences of the story of these forums.

Reed is doom mental equal, and if you say the oppositte you dont know anything about comics. Also, reed always win, because he could be better than doom. Maybe the fantastic four coulnt kick his ass in those two stories, but yes the 95% of the time.

Try this picture, little kid, doom is my favourite villain. Its only that im not an imbecile who lives in his fantasy world and overrating him all the time.

Agree in doom vs thanos subject and what i dont like?

If you are calling facts those lies, its your problem. At least in put proofs on the table, no as yours.

Surfer has beat thanos many times, in his own series and in captain marvel series, also in fantastic four series.

Iron man in captain marvel series, he and captain marvel beat thanos.

Fantastic four in fantastic four series.

Who are saying that doom isnt more intellingent than the fantastic four? I only said that richads is his equal and could beat him, and the four together could beat him the most of the time.

Doom is great and thanos too, but you are overrating doom all the time.

Who said another thing?

savagerampage
How does surfer beat thanos? thanos beats surfer on a regular basis dude. Thanos usually beats most people in the marvel universe.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>