mace vs. sidious??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SITH
I don't know if anyone has mentioned the fact that we get a glimpse of Darth Sidious' fighting style from the Comic Con title anouncement video on Hyperspace. Watch 1:03 frame by frame and you will see Samuel Jackson practicing a fight scene with Darth Sidious' fight double. The move that Sidious does is VERY reminiscent to Darth Maul's style of fighting. Looks like Nick wanted to make Darth Maul a reflection of Master Sidious. anyone have any pics or movies??

Jedi Priestess
Hmmm I didnt see this...I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow! Right now tho I'm hittin the sack! smile

Master Kadub
YES! The true master of the Sith fightin technique reveals himself..
I loved Darth Maul, and it would be cool as #ell to see Sidious get busy, like Yoda did in AOTC....

Mordecai
Sidious better not jump and flip around like Yoda and Maul, it would be shite and cheesy as hell, i don't even know how you can make such an assumption from a split second of footage, what i make of the extremely short footage is that Sidious (if it even is a stunt double for Ian) is extremely agressive in his movement, which is how sidious should fight, i base this on the way Mace's saber is dodged, it is not a simple duck or movement, it involves the whole body, in a very agressive fashion.

I'm just hoping Sidious is truly bad ass, as he should be.

PVS
yeah, it would look really goofy to have some kung-fu ray park type flipping and jumping with ian's head slapped on with cg...it worked with dooku, but his style was fitting, so it worked.

darktim1
yep mace was fighting darth sidious it also showed him fighting some sort of other thing but did'nt know what it was because george was directing him where to look.

moonwalker741
dude! why did you post this is the OT section? when its already in here?

Ghetto Goblin
i think sidius has a lightsaber in this one, but i may be mistaken

Sith Master X
Nope, you're not mistaken. There have already been pictures of Sidious' lightsaber so it's in the movie.

slinger
I'm not the hugest Star wars fan in the world, so I don't know what Sidious' lightsaber looks like. Could you show me? Thanks.

SITH
I can't post the pictures or a link to the few seconds in the movie where it shows them fightning, but can anyone else?? I'd like everyone to see what we are talking about

Ghetto Goblin
someone has an avatar of it i think.

Ghetto Goblin
i found this somewhere, i don't know if it is rea or not, but it looks just a wee bit bigger than yoda's.

between a regular size and yoda's size...

http://www.thelightsaber.com/WorkFolder/SmallSFW/DarthSidiousSM.jpg

moonwalker741
the top is fake

darth_surgent
Sidious' lightsaber is small because it is supposed to be very light and it is held in one hand only. No two handed fighting. That indicates more agility in his fighting style. Also, it allows him to possibly use force lightning and his lightsaber at the same time.

Sith Master X
Sorry man, are talking about the saber posted by Ghetto? That one is real, unless you are talking about something else?

moonwalker741
no the top part of the lightsaber that gg posted , i know its horizontal, but if it was vertacal, the top part, like the lightsaber ring, the top is supposed to be gold from what i have heard

Sith Master X
Oh ok, I see what you're talking about now thanks. wink

Ghetto Goblin
well, that is all that i found, i'll try to find another.

darktim1
the sidious lightsaber has gold on the handle and is black threw the middle and also is curved hope that helps out a little for now bye.

Sith Master X
I don't think his saber is curved though. confused

darktim1
thanks for saying that I did'nt know that myself I wonder if it will be a lightsaber like no other for now may force be with you.

moonwalker741
heres the lightsaber

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/5786/sidious.jpg

Ghetto Goblin
koo-ell

darktim1
you I was wondering what if mace was fighting anakin with his robe on over his head just a thought who knows guess findout in may.

Sith Master X
Yeah thanks for the pic moon, you were right about the top part.

PVS
notice the aged look of the sabre...

hmmm is palps lying about his age?

Sith Master X
It is a bit different, guess we'll find out in Episode 3.

Ghetto Goblin
he might be, because he does seem extremely older in the last one, but i guess he would, it is about 20-30 years or so, i guess.

Ghetto Goblin
btw, who taught sidius in the dark ways of the force, usually the siths (vader, dooku, ect.) come from being a jedi except for maul. the jedi would have known. sidius must've taught himself some how because the jedi thaught that they were extinct (spelling?).

he might be from when the sith lords were more common, but they would still know about him.

hmmm?

Sith Master X
Much to be explained in Episode 3....hopefully. The saber does look older, but it somewhat has that elegant (one of a kind) style to it. Guess we'll find out what's what sooner or later.

Mist
is that gold chain part of the saber or was it from the person holding it? a chain tied to the saber would be cool, cause he could have more control of the saber with one hand and use other hand for .......... force stuff?

Kosta
Yeah

Sith Master X
That's a good question. It "appears" as though it is part of the saber.

Mordecai
I'd say the chains are on the person.

Ghetto Goblin
i agree, it seems so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.