Please vote for July's Movie of the Month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
I voted The Butterfly Effect.

hobbit_dude
me too!

BlackC@t
Yay! happy

TheFilmProphet
SCARFACE

Myth
I nominated Kill Bill but I'm going to vote Scarface since it already has 1 vote.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Blade Runner

Cinemaddiction
I voted for "The Butterfly Effect".

If I am not mistaken, this thread is to suggest lesser known films that the majority of the people here may want to watch, is it not? Or has that been totally abandoned.

"Scarface" is a movie I would consider to be a movie that would only appeal to a select audience, because there is alot to turn off the majority of movie goers, as it is basically shock cinema.

Just something to chew on for next months nominations, if they even happen.

Mr Zero
UGH! I'd rather see Spider-Man 2 win than the moron-fest that is "That 70's show: The Movie"

Primitive Screwhead #1
Then vote for Blade Runner.

Elektra_lover
Kill Bill smile

SpiderGurl
This is by far the most retarded poll I've ever seen on the forums. Where the hell is Spiderman 2? What a joke.

mad

Elektra_lover
Dont worry, be happy smile

BlackC@t
I agree, chill-out, you can vote Spider-Man 2 next time.

The Butterfly Effect's winning! eek!

Drifter101
yea im caught between butterfly effect and Godfather......... cant choose

Myth
Why is it that every movie I want to win has a another movie in the same genre competing with it in these polls? First Fight Club has to split its votes with Usual Suspects. Now the Godfather and Scarface.

Drifter101
i dunno sucks i guess

Cinemaddiction
Well, doesn't matter anymore, our clear cut winner is "The Butterfly Effect". cool

beaujay1
i voted butterfly effect....i actually thought this movie was going to be terrible, but i really liked it... did anyone see the alternate ending where ashton meets amy on the busy sidewalk and they start talking??? that would have been a much better ending.....

Myth
They didn't start talking, they just passed each other. I liked that ending more though because it didn't seem right that he could enter his head from watching the video of his mom in labor and it was funny when he said, "I hate you and if I ever see you again I'll kill you and your family."

BackFire
I guess I should rent the butterfly effect sometime.

Stormy Day
Dont worry when sense goes into blackcats head(or when Kes comes back)we'll be able to choose what movie we liked best that month smile,and not have a wanna-be mod telling us what to do sad

But im not gonna try and argue on this thread because ive said what I need to say and so have other people.I just hope that next time Blackc@t will be a little more resonable smile

Myth
Damn it, now I wish I voted for my original choice of Kill Bill rather than Scarface. Ok everybody, make a mental note to add 1 to Kill Bill and minus one from Scarface. wink

BlackC@t
Um guys, PLEASE USE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!! I can't stress that enough, nobody uses them! mad

BlackC@t
Stormy Day don't worry, you will be able to vote for Spidey 2 this month.

Myth
Oh shit, sorry. I'm usually pretty good about that too, damn. Sorry again.

sorrow
i havent seen scarface.. who plays in it?

lil bitchiness
Omg you haven't seen scarface?!?shock One of the Al Pacino's famous movies.yes

Also, its August now, why is the poll still on July?

Stormy Day
Spider-Man 2 doesnt matter anymore this month.Ill be nominating "The Village"

Zerosparx
Havent seen scarface? WOW! Well anyway I voted Bladerunner, I like the dark setting...

Cinemaddiction
Al Pacino, and IMO, you're not missing anything.

On to August's movie of the month.

Myth
^ I completely disagree. Although females typically don't like it so you may not like it sorrow, but give it a shot.

lil bitchiness
Im a female and I like it, simply because Al Pacino was just amazing in it! Its a good movie thumb up

Stormy Day
Ive never seen it.Im not a big fan of Al Pacino sad

Primitive Screwhead #1
Scarface was OK, but I think Pacino had much better roles in Dog Day Afternoon and Serpico. Even Heat was better... but I think that was more attributed to the fact that it was both Pacino and DeNiro.

Myth
Serpico was so incredibly boring (but Pacino did do well in it).

Stormy- I wasn't either until I watched Scarface. After that, I went out of my way to start renting all sorts of Pacino flicks.

lil b- I said "typically" but I agree with what you said. I love how the movie just develops and Pacino delivers.

BlackC@t
I'll start the nominations for August's Movie of the Month around the 15th.

Stormy Day
And Ill be right there to argue again! cool

Myth,I may rent it someday

botankus
The Butterfly Effect was the winner for July's movie of the month.
....And that is supposed to mean something or is it just like putting someone's name on a plaque at a restaurant for employee of the month????....

Inuyashasbro
when i must leve you for a little while do not drown in tears of sorrow

Cinemaddiction
Just means if you haven't already seen it, rent it. Atleast that's what I thought the purpose of this thread always was, to raise awareness.

BlackC@t
Once again, an excellent post made by Cinemaddiction! eek!

From now on, the winner of each movie of the month will have a special thread devoted for it in which people can discuss the movie.

Stormy Day
Wow BlackC@t,you just came up with that idea?

BlackC@t
Sarcasim is not appreciated, I came up with it when I thought of the idea of this little club but I forgot to post it. embarrasment

Stormy Day
Oh I was just saying that I already knew of that idea when Bkk and BF did it erm my bad.

BlackC@t
It's okay happy

Stormy Day
Dont get me wrong..it was an insult nonetheless no expression

BlackC@t
Insulting somebody on purpose isn't cool nor nice, I see your trying to start up another fight, not this time Stormeister.

Stormy Day
Your not eligible to be in a fight with me no expression you have no way to defend yourself erm

But ill leave smile

BlackC@t
Oh my God no expression...........

I have a very good come back but I think I'll be the smarter person and walk away smart

Stormy Day
lol thats so pathetic.You do that bc stick out tongue

BlackC@t
*sigh* stick on topic Stormeister.

Its seems there's a draw between The Butterfly Effect and Kill Bill erm

Oh well, I'm sure both can be disscused! happy

Stormy Day
I havent voted yet so ill chose "The butterfly affect" happy

Myth
I switched my vote from Scarface to Kill Bill (if thats legal).

Stormy Day
WAIT! I did vote no expression

We cant have a tie cry

Cinemaddiction
Just bumping this post to show that "The Butterfly Effect" indeed won the poll, as my original message was dated 8-1. The end of the contest.

Stormy Day
I dont get it.Its still a tie erm

Cinemaddiction
The poll was never scheduled to close, so it's still running as we speak. Had it been set to close on the 30th, there wouldn't be any arguement.

Officially, there is no tie, as "The Butterly Effect" was in the lead on the 1st, which was a day after the poll was to end.

Stormy Day
Oh then I geuss the B-Effect won messed

BlackC@t
YAY! happy

Stormy Day
CA will you vote nominate "Escape from Alcatraz" with me?

Cinemaddiction
For August? Sure, that is if "The Manchurian Candidate" isn't up for nominations. cool

Stormy Day
No blactcat it wont be sad shes a little mixed up right now.I cant wait till Kes gets back and hopefully ends this madness.

Anyways.It looks like il be nominating Kill Bill vol .2 now erm

Cinemaddiction
I sure as hell won't be. It was a horrible mess of a movie, IMO. Besides, are movie that were already nominated eligible again?

Not that it matters, this poll is a joke now, anyway.

Stormy Day
Indeed it is erm

But kill bill 2 can still be nominated

Myth
I second Kill BIll 2.

Stormy Day
cool

Myth
smile

Stormy Day
If more people had seen it I nominate the documentary "9/11" but I doubt many have erm

Myth
Well I wouldn't support that one. smile

Stormy Day
Why?

Myth
Because the movie just takes a bunch of already known things and tries to create connections between between them when they aren't actually connected.

Stormy Day
Are you sure were talking about "9/11" and not "Farenheit 9/11" ?

BlackC@t
This isn't the nominations thread people, Stormy Day how dare you say things like that, I guess being warned by a mod didn't teach you did it? Kill Bill was nominated last month, it can't be nominated this month.

Myth
Oh, I thought thats what you meant. In that case, I won't back "9/11" because I don't know what it is.

Stormy Day
Say things like what embarrasment ?

We cant nominate Kill Bill again?Wow your rules just keep getting more ridiculous as they go along.

Myth,I really suggest renting "9/11" its a very good movie.Read my review in the "Movie Picks" thread smile

BlackC@t
A certain member suggested that rule to me and I thought it was excellent, and if you don't like my rules then, tough. If you don't like the rules then don't come in here, nobodys making you.

A note to others, nominations for August's Movie of the Month will be made in approximetly 2 days.

Myth
I'm not really into documentaries anyway.

Damn, for some reason, I thought it was Vol 1 that was in the last poll. Crap.

In that case, I nominate "Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels"

Stormy Day
Yeah it was Vol.1 in the last poll BC is off her rocker no expression

Primitive Screwhead #1
In Cat's defense, Stormy, you might want to double check your facts. July's poll shows Vol. 2. Thought you'd like to know.

I'm surprised you couldn't just scroll up and verify this before typing your commentary.

Mr Zero
The one about the french film-makers following the rookie firefighter - thats one of the best documentaries ive ever seen. You should have nommed it for sure.

Stormy Day
It is tottaly awesome,but I doubt many have seen it so thats why I didnt nominate it.It wouldnt have gone far.

Mr Zero
review it in your "i want to be Cinemadiction when i grow up" thread.

Stormy Day
Well CA is a good critic and I respect his opinions on alot of movies and I hope I am as good as he is at reviewing movies when I get older,but until then the thread I made is for everyone to post there picks of the week.Dont be so arrogant and making statements like that when you havent even looked at my thread.

Mr Zero
I read it all the time - except the AVP post because i want to see that with no preconceived ideas. Irrespective of my arrogance - you seriously should think about reviewing 9/11.

Stormy Day
I did,like I said try looking in my thread.

Spitback
the butter fly effect is soooooooooo bad.kill bill vol 2 owns them all

Stormy Day
Your Back? sad

Clovie
it get closed before i voted sad
but i would vote for BE smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.