Return Of The Wookie - Set Diary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoMeN
As mentioned before, the Animatics Department has worked out the logistics of the Kashyyyk battle. Their computer-generated previsualization has the Confederacy droids attack a lagoon-side tree village, with hundreds of Wookiees fighting back. The shaggy warriors are bolstered by clone trooper ranks and the heavily armored vehicles of the Republic.

The script only has Chewbacca and Tarfful as Wookiees with names. It seems that they will be absent from the front lines of the massive battle. They both interact with Yoda.

The tree that we saw on the webcam that Tarfful was shaking, was put there for Tarfful to move to make an escape.

That green stand with the tennis ball on top represented a Jedi hologram.

"The Kashyyyk environment will be a mix of miniatures, plate photography and digital landscape, all too exotic to be found in the real world. At the Model Shop at ILM, the Wookiee's tree city is coming together, a fittingly massive miniature that will soon be photographed as a separate element, adding more pieces to what looks to be one of Episode III's most memorable and breathtaking action sequences."

---

If you viewed the concept art, one of the pictures showed Wookiees racing to battle near a beach-like environment, while two Wookiee stood with Yoda while watching a hologram.

Chewie, Tarfful and Yoda must be acting like generals, commanding from a safe distance, at a place where they can plan their next move, in comparison to the battle on Geonosis.

would be awesome if someone could post some pics

darktim1
sounds like GL in turning it up a notch in third film and can't wait to see chewbacca as a young whookie I wonder if han will show up in episode3.

cornponious
I can't wait either. eek!

I'd like to see this, but I doubt it will happen.

corn

PVS
i think its possible to see han, as a child.
judging by lucas's patterns in ep 1&2, he seems to
enjoy presenting known characters as children.
anakin, greedo, boba fett, soon luke and leah.
its not very far fetched to beleive this could happen with han.
perhaps he will get a glimpse of han meeting chewbacca,
so we know just why chewbacca is so close to him,
and puts up with all his crap. could it be a life-debt?
all i know is the scene could be like 2 minutes if thats the case.
so its possible...would people want to see it?
thats another story

Manôkhâu
In the EU, PVS, Han joined the Empire and saved Chewbacca from slavery, and Chewie pledged a life-debt to Han.

PVS
also in KOTOR (game) the wookie character pledges a life debt to revan.
seems to be a theme with wookies and life debts going on here.
of coarse its EU, but it could really happen. and just that fact that chewbacca is in the film suggests its very possible.

i hope sosmile

Manôkhâu
No, that's stupid.
And what's gayer than that, Chewie won't even be killing a large amount of Droids.
I would've love to have seen Han's line have some relevance.

jedi1kotor
han is about the same age as boba fett i think we will see han.

Jedi Priestess
cool find about the set diary. unfortunately its been confirmed that we wont see Han in Ep III

ImperialPEZ
Help us Scramba2000, you're our only hope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.