TV show that should/shouldn't have been cancelled!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

matchbox
i thin that many shows today are put forward onto Tv that are not strong enough to last over the long term (5 or 6+ seasons)

some shows should be taken of the air as well as they are so poor!!!

what shows do you think they shouldn't have cancelled, or what shows should be cancelled!!!!

Asami
Why was John Doe cancelled? I thought that went quite well, the twist at the end of the series called for another series sad

BingaBonga
Will you marry my dad? I think there might have been two seasons of that. sick

Asami
Me?! you want to call me mummy?! no expression

Predator 89
yeah John Doe was a great show it reminded me alot of another show callled the dead zone. The protagonists slove crimes using strange abilities. I still think it was a mistake to cancel a show that had such potential.

Beyonder
Wonderfalls shouldn't have been cancelled. I loved that show. Stupid FOX.

Mr Zero
John Doe for sure deserved moreof a chance, and I'm all for Firefly - but at least thats got a movie deal.

BackFire
Family Guy shouldn't have been canceled.

punkyhermy
BATMAN:THE ANIMATED SERIES.
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.

Tex
Simpsons should have been canceled.
Beakman's World shouldn't have.

BadKitty
mystery science theater should not have been canceled.

I was really sad when pee-wee's playhouse got canceled too. sad

Myth
"Working" with Fred Savage.

BlackHatDefect
TV Funhouse-pure evil!MY FAVE SHOW EVER!!!!
Thats My Bush-7 eps till Bush shut em down.Funniest sitcom ever made!
Celebrity Deathmatch-Immature yes but I have fond memories with that show!
Whoppie-WHY WAS THIS EVER CANCLED???
Invadar Zim-One of the only good American cartoons ever and it DIED!!!CURSE THOSE ANGRY MOTHERS!!!!!CURSE THEM ALL!!!!!!

Ill think up some more later.Anyone ever remember the ones i mentioned?

manchichirtchit
i second that

Xtremechik2
Greg the Bunny- I loved that show!
Celebrity Deathmatch-Another Awesome show

They didn't deserve to be cancelled!
mad

vvvrulz
Greg the Bunny !!
Thats an awesome show, i dunno where that went.

Plus they canclled smallville down here in nz, that sucked.

bardock
simpsons should be cancelled. the entire fox news xhannel should be cancelled. family guy should be brought back.

BlackHatDefect
*crys*I LOVED THAT SHOW!!!SETH GREEN WAS A GREAT GREG!!!!!!

Why was it killed anyway.My mom nearly cried,we watched that show together all the time

Xtremechik2
huh? Seth was Jimmy not Greg. But yea, I was mad when it was taken off. It was a great show I don't know why it was killed.

But for a bit of good news I was on TVTome and it said that Greg the Bunny is gunna come out on DVD on October 19th. And it's gunna be back on TV, but unless you get the Independent Film Channel (?) then your screwed. And of course I don't get this channel miffed

BlackHatDefect
sory..i kinda..lost it.....i no sleep for awile..I ment Jimmy(what was this1 thinking)

Xtremechik2
That's ok I lose it all the time lol

SlipknoT
Pete and pete shouldent have been canceled
Salute your shorts shouldnt have been canceled
Family Guy shouldnt have been canceled

The Simpsons should be canceled

SlipknoT
America makes the best cartoons

Simpsons
Family Guy
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
King of the Hill
Futerama
Beavis and Butthead
Ren and Stimpy
South Park
Clerks

BlackHatDefect
B/B is Brittish......

And really,they arn't that good.Funny,but they all have weak,pointless plots.To put it simply,they bore me.Id rather watch some action/characterdevelopment/drama/ect than watch another mindless comedy.

American TV is so typical/unimaginative/boring.I wish we had stuff more like Japan or France

ragesRemorse
Titus never should have gotten canceld, that show kicked major assoROMA, millineum rocked too

el_barto
Family Guy shouldnt have been canceled. And I don't think The Simpsons should be canceled

Into the Void
Family Guy is coming back. I wish people would stop moaning about that.

Into the Void
TV Funhouse is still on TV, just at 2 in the morning.

All of the shows you mentioned are property of Viacom, who are the product of SATAN himself. Viacom sucks fat hairy dung covered monkey testicles. They refuse to sell the properties that they don't air to a company where they would prosper, I.E. Turner. Zim is only one of many shows that Viacom refused to give up because they were afraid that it'd do better on Cartoon Network.

Down with Viacom!

Reborn Again
"Dealy Games" starring Christopher Lloyd. I thought that series had great potential.

matchbox
buffy wasnt really canceled they just decided to call it a day, and move on. which they should have done at the end of season 5 in my opionon.

angel should have got another season to rap things up a little better than it did.

WindDancer
Should be cancelled:

The Simpsons
Bernie mac
WWE Smackdown
Gilmore Girls
7th Heaven
All reality TV shows
The OC
That 70's show

Should have NEVER been cancelled:

The Critic
Millenium
Roswell
Freaks and Geeks
The Practice

Predator 89
I agree with you windancer on all of those exept the simpsons.

ladygrim
nething on chann4l 5

dhizza
I know that to you in the US, Run of The House is kinda old, but it's just started here in the UK. When I went on the net and found out only one season was made, I was v. upset, as I thought it was one of the funniest programmes I had seen in ages!

Elvin_Roiben
Should be Cancelled- The Simpsons, Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Everwood, 7th Heaven, Reality T.V., WWE Smackdown

Shouldn't have been cancelled- Daria, Family Guy, Roswell, Futurama, 3rd Rock From The Sun

In some cases I agree with WindDancer, and in others, I Definetly DO NOT!!!

Espesially about the O.C.!!! It rocks!!!
And Bernie Mac and That 70's Show are still going stong!

manchichirtchit
aqua teen hunger force shouldn't have been cancelled! stoopid adult swim mad

BackFire
ATH was canceled? Why? It's one of their most popular shows.

manchichirtchit
don't know why. i was tuning in one night, as usual, expecting the opening scene of dr. weird but instead, sealab 2021 was on. then while i was watching futurama the other night, the tv spot said "on august 15, say goodbye one last time" *cue ATHF montage* needless to say i was shocked.

bardock
i have now started a blood fued with cartoon network.mad. several empolyees and one very pissed of athf fan enter. one athf fan leaves. coming this summer to a cartoon network office near you

ladygrim
i dunno

SeptemberRain
Shouldnt have been cancelled:
Titus
Family Guy(even tho it is coming back)
Eek the Cat
ATHF

darktim1
I wish they had not cancelled dark angel that was a great show I was a devoted fan and watched it every week seeing jessica alba kick ass was cool and it was getting interesting I was pist when they cancelled it.

FBfan777
Shouldn't have...
-Futurama
-Family Guy (even though it's being brought back, yay!)
-Two Guys and a girl, I dont know bout you guys but i loved that show, and the series finale left room foranother season!!

BOPRecruit 16
Roswell (although season three did suck...)
Birds of Prey

Spitback
Fami;y guy should have not been cancelled but i think loads of shows should go............al reality shows smallville......... big brother.er.that is just the start

Sith Master X
But Smallville isn't a reality show, unless I'm reading your post wrong somehow. erm

Spitback
no it is a show that should be cancelled

BackFire
I looked it up and it was a joke. The show HAS NOT been canceled. Thank god.

*Danii*
Darktim1 you are SOOOOOOOOOOO right!!!! I LOVED Dark Angel, it was a classic! I've got the box set of season 2, but its not the same cos I'll never know what the hells going on with Sandman and wether Logan and Max will ever get together. And Alec was totally hot too. sad sad

Agent Elrond
going back, NBC shouldn't have cancelled/ended the Pretender. That was a good show. At least it ended with a bang (literally, there was an explotion) TNT later made two TV movies for it. I wish it came back.

Red Superfly
Family Guy - what were those idiots thinking.

Neo_Version 7
The Office shouldn't have been cancelled. It was really funny. So was Titus.

PippinTook
Invader Zim shouldn't have been cancelled no Poor, poor Gir erm

ThuggnBLUE
"10-8" (ABC sunday night lineup, 8-9 PM slot) AND TGIF's "Married To The Kelly's"...Family Matters, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

JRatT12
Titus! That was such a great show i wish it was still on

Ohhhh alll reality TV should be cancelled

manchichirtchit
titus was great!

RonyLeBeau
I was a HUGE fan of ROAR(the show Heath Ledger (sp?) was on before he became a movie star). I wish that wasnt canceled because the world would be free from CRAPPY HEATH LEDGER MOVIES miffed

What should be canceled....... Everybody Loves Raymond and The Reba Show roll eyes (sarcastic) ....oh wait are those already canceled...?? embarrasment

Comfydude
should be cancelled:
all reality shows
O.C.
Summerland

Shouldn't have:
Invader Zim!!!!!!!
The Pretender
umm, can't think

manchichirtchit
thank god indeed... it on just weekly now, every sunday. that still sucks, but at least it's not cancelled.

ragesRemorse
Titus
Family guy, but then again we are getting it back so it's all good
Millenium
John doe
twin peaks

is samuri jack still on?

jeffer_wrote
THE PRETENDER was a great show....Jake 2.0, too....too bad it got cancelled...

but I am really pissed about Dark Angel being taken off the air...I mean, COME ON! It has all the elements of a good show....great storyline, great cast, great characters...darktim1 and Danii, I join you two!

Gave me the worst case of 'ALEC blues' when it was cancelled.....umph!

Jennifer_Tilly
Angel or Buffy shouldnt have ended

Kella
These shows shouldn't have been cancelled:

Kindred: The Embraced
Roar

....blanking out....dammit!

yup...all gone...can't think.....goodnight. sad

VenomVA
Fox should have never cancelled Silver Surfer it was just getting good and then BAM no more sad and I can't find it anywhere on the net or DVD.

DarthLazious
Futurama, Famly Guy and 3rd Rock from the Sun.

D-Double
Danger Mouse

meiwaku
Shouldn't Have Been Cancelled:

Freaks and Geeks
Popular
Higher Ground
Get Real
My So Called Life
Angel

Should Be Cancelled:

Everybody Loves Raymond
All Reality Shows

darktim1
I would have to say Dark angel and Angel they both had great story lines and plus I had every episode on tape of dark angel also was great especially when they added spike to the cast then it was better.I was sad to see buffy go but she wanted more time for life so it was time.

Jackie Malfoy
One is a show called "Dark Angel" it was a good show and they took it off.I mean maybe the third season should had been better but it should had not been taken off the air ever the less.
Another is a soap ohea called "Another World" it was geting so interested and so good but then it was replace by a stupid show called "Passions"
How low could they go?How dare they do that to two great shows!I have the dvds of the DarkAngel shows but not of the "Another World"I am so mad right now I could scream.JM mad

Silver_Blaze
What Shouldn't have been canceled at all :
Futurama,
Family Guy,
Loads of Animes what i wished would have continued,
X-men Evoution,
>.> a few more cartoons aswell.

As for show's i want gone there are soo many to list confused

IndieKid
Angel. I'm still depressed.

ragesRemorse
They defenantly shouldnt have cancelled odyssey 5. that was a damn good show, with original plot lines, and supurb acting. Not to mention that it held the highest ratings on showtime. Fans were watching, and they are still yet to give an answer why it was cancelled.

wicker_man
Angel
The Lone Gunmen
Strange
& Futurama

bizwax
1. Freeks and Geeks

2. Andy Richter Rules the Universe

3. Hill Street Blues ( Though it was before my time I love the re runs and I know it got cancelled before it's time)

L49_JoaquinLovr
Tarzan - WB series

Life With Bonnie - ABC series.

Thomas H
Futurama.

koolruningz
Shouldn't have been canceled:
Line of fire mad
Freaks and geeks
Dark angel
Tru Calling
Birds of prey
Ed

Should be canceled:
All reality shows. Most of the decent fictional shows on now don't stand a chance against this mindless reality crap. There must be a huge market for it though unfortunately. It amazes me what is classed as entertainment nowadays, I've got a feeling that allot more great shows will be canceled to make way for the plague of reality shite. mad

MornGlory
I dont know if anyone remembers this show

but a few yrs ago there was a show called

Leap of Faith-- from the makers of sex and the city

i thought it was hilarious and i loved it

but i got canceled after about 6 episodes mad mad

ragesRemorse
after six episodes. that sounds like they just gave up.

airbonic
alley mcbeal was quite funny...shouldnt have been cancelled.

big gay kirk
King and Castle should have got another series.... Emma Lee should have (a) been done better but (b) got another series... Twin Peaks and the X-Files should have been kept going long enough for the crossoverr episode to be made, for which one of MY short stories was being considered as a basis... My So -called Life could have lasted a bit longer as well....

As for shows that should have been cancelled... top of the list has to be "Friends..." I sat through the pilot, I sat through the first three episodes, and then I learned that it was supposed to be a comedy... its probably funny to Americans, but then they think having a president is a good idea....

Mr Parker
I agree with you on the first one Punky on Batman,
not with Buffy though.should have happened long before it did.

Mr Parker
Shows that SHOULD have been cancelled long before they were but were not.
THE SIMPSONS-should have happened years ago damnit.
MASH
BEVERLY HILLS 90210
THAT 70'S SHOW
THE X FILES
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR.

shows that should NOT have been cancelled but were before their time.
BATMAN the animated series.
THE PRETENDER
7 DAYS
HARDCASTLE AND MCCORMICK
RIPTIDE
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
AIRWOLF

Rambo
Family Guy
Futurama
Married With Children
Get a life

Wolf Dog
Why so much hate on the simpsons. Yes I agree, from the year 2000 and present the Simpsons arent funny no more. But I know that I would be saddened by the cancellation. I think It should run for a little more just until it gets some new writers. I hope Simpsons last forever. They should keep getting new writers until it gets funny again. Sort of like how SNL gets new comedians and writers every couple of years, but only writers.

ragesRemorse
i am still pissed about odyssey 5 being cancelled. That show was doing extremely well with ratings, i still dont know why it was cancelled.

Reborn Again
Deadly Games,starring Christopher Lloyd, should NOT have been cancelled. I thought it had great potential!

vagaryatwill
Awesome show. Wish it had never gone off the air.

snlovergirl
shows that should not have been cancelled:
buffy
angel
my so-called life
pretender
quantum leap
all cool shows i like to watch reruns but wish they lasted longer with some of the story lines that didnt get a chance to tie up some loose ends, especially the last three shows

eleveninches
they should never have cancelled:

eurotrash,
futurama,
Lexx

golem370
Kindred
Wonder Years
Burn Notice
Firefly
Pretender
MacGyver
Babylon 5
AOTS
Ren and Stimpy Orginal
New Knight Rider

Firefly218
Fox news should be canceled for poisoning gullible minds with its partisan agenda.
Firefly could have become the new star trek had it not been canceled.
John Doe and angel were pretty good too.

the ninjak
Originally posted by golem370
Kindred

Kindred had to stop due to the lead actor dying in a car crash.
It was enjoyable regardless of Aaron Spelling's influence but was destined to die.

I would kill for a Old World of Darkness animated or TV series today.
If told and represented right it would be a ratings winner.

heathjack
the wonder years
boy meets world
quantum leap
early edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.