Episode 3 Millenium Falcon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SITH
I don't know if this means anything, but it's worth mentioning, but I work at a major toy retailer in california. The other day off the truck, We received some new toys from Hasbro. One we recieved was the new vintage millenium falcon. Instead of saying vintage millenium falcon on the box, it said "Ep III New Millenium Falcon" I can't be sure if the word "new" was in there, but it definitly said "EP III" So I was wondering, do you think that Millenium Falcon will be in episode 3??? It's very unlikely that Hasbro made a mistake, as they are pretty good about their product descriptions. For example "Jedi Council scene ep II" What do you think.

SITH
forgive my spelling, i was distracted at the time evil face

Jedi Priestess
Hmmmmmmmmmmm can ya buy one and scan the box? LMAO j/k

dont know what to make of that

SITH
Tried taking a picture, but my store manager was there, so...... I tried getting the box later, but they threw it away. I don't know what to make of it. When I first saw it, I thought we had received some new Star Wars toys incredibly early. But it was just the vintage. Even so....... "EP III" ......... right on the box.........

NoMeN
/me rolls eyes

are you sure? maybe it was your fault and you didnt read it properly

SITH
Guy, listen. I'm been working in retail for 4 years, and for all of those 4 years, I have received merchandise from Hasbro. I think I know the diffrence between "EP III" and "EP IV", especially since I re-read it about 10 times.

NoMeN
ok....

SITH
I'm not saying it will be in episode 3 for sure, just that it was weird that Hasbro would mislabel a box like that, especially one about Star Wars. I was just posting to say that maybe...... maybe....

cornponious
I think it's strange that the box would just be thrown away.

I'm rolling my eyes, too. But don't be offended by it. smile

corn

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman316
Ok well I think an interesting discussion would be 'What the Falcon would be doing in EpIII' It's safe to assume it has nothing to do with Chewie so maybe it's somebody else's ship before Lando gets it.
Could it be the ship that delivers Obi and baby Luke to Tat?

darktim1
okay when another box comes in just get it if you can for now may force be with you.

darktim1
well in this one I don't know if it is fake story they said general grievious had the milliemum falcon but I've seen general grievious ship and it ain't the falcon.

§pearhead
that comment had been speculation, I thought

Darth Sauron
ninja

I say, we break into the hasbro headquarters

cavola
marketing ploy ?

CConn882
I think it was a missprint. Look what I found on Amazon:

amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00020LZ6Q/ref%3Dpe%5Fsnp%5FZ6Q/104-8228589-7583140

Cowboyography
Hasbro did release an Anikan figure before episode 2, where his hand was magnetic and could be removed.

Ghetto Goblin
now, what i dislike about the falcon, is that the cockpit thing is on the starboard side, it isn't centered. it would be confusing to fly. anyways, solo lost it to lando, this might be when he does it, but it will almost most definately will be in the 3rd episode, because a wookie... wait...

as i was typing that i just relized, solo will only be about 1-10 years of age, because he marries leia and has four kids, yada yada yada, so maybe it might not be.

Morridini
Solo didn't loose the Falcon to Lando, it was Lando who lost it to Solo.

Darth Sauron
Hes right

darktim1
yep he lost it in a poker game to hansolo in history it said.

Darth Sauron
wink
hey you know in ep5

'youve got some nerve showing your face here after what you pulled last time'

What exactly did han do?

bILLYgOAT
i wonder what solo used to see Landos hand?

§pearhead
Lando, among other things, is a con man. He's just strutting his stuff, that's why he acted all friendly after

Batman316
wasn't it a Sabbac game (like blackjack only instead of 21 the number you want is 31) that Lando lost it. Something about him giving Han a choice of any ship in his hanger and Han choosing the old mothballed YT1300 that Lando had been upgrading.

SITH
I know you guys think I'm full of it, but like I said, I'm just posting what I saw. I'm not saying it will be in episode 3, just thought that it was weird that it said that on the box, and thought it was worth mentioning.

Batman316
There have been rumours of the Falcon in EPIII for ages. Yours was just another piece of the puzzle.

Darth Sauron
I dont think your full of it no2

I believe you yes

Ghetto Goblin
oops blooper, i meant the other way around.

solo probley didn't SEE lando's hand, he probley cheated with his own hand. or tried to steal the money.

what if this has to do with jaba, why does solo need to pay him back or what ever, did he get a loan, what?

darth_surgent
Solo was smuggling a shipment of something illegal for Jabba, when Imperial Forces came by and were about to search his ship. He dumped his cargo discreetly to save his skin, so he now owed Jabba whatever that cargo was worth. That is the origin of his debt. I hope this clears something up for you.

Ghetto Goblin
yes, and thank you.

Ghetto Goblin
but what was the shipment?

the illegal what-chya-ma-call-it?

darth_surgent
I'm not entirely sure, but a good bet would be that the shipment contained Spice.

Morridini
I think he was smugling spice, but I ain't totaly sure.

bILLYgOAT
Why did they throw it away?

Gangularis
yeah!!

don't those bastards know how to recycle?!!

bILLYgOAT
hang

I'll try again

why did they throw it away

SITH
Well, to be completly accurate, the toss it in a bailer. It crushes all the cardboard into a huge cube, then it's taken and recycled. So, there was no way to get it out.
big grin big grin

guiro72
Hi everyone, new here.....

the very first rumour, months before ep I came out, maybe even before it went into production was that both chewbacca and the millenium falcon would be in the prequels....

for some reason it sounded very legit to me, and has stuck with me for the whole - how long has it been? - 5 or 6 years.....and here we are now, and chewie's in, and somehow i've been expecting it the whole time...

i'm not sure i'm in favour, if they force these things into the script crassly they are in danger of cheapening the whole thing for me (anakin building c3po still makes me cringe)....but so far the chewbacca thing sounds like it just might work, why wouldn't yoda be the official protector jedi for kashyyk?....

i will not be surprised to see the falcon in episode III. As long as they write it extremely carefully and logically, so it makes perfect sense, i will smile knowingly.....

i've just always had a feeling about those 2 rumours....

PVS
it just would not make sense.
han won it from lando,.
in order for the falcon to be in it, han must be in it,
therefore he won it when he was a child...eeeeh i dunno....

i really hope the millenium falcon stays in the hangar till ep4, ya know?

waynerobsonuk
"in order for the falcon to be in it, han must be in it,"

personally I dont see why han would have to be in it just because the falcon was. After all it is only a ship, even if its a very well known one in the saga. Someone must have had the ship before lando in fact its possible for quite a few people to have owned it over the years.
Maybe they treat ships like we treat cars and trade in for a new model
:-S

Wayne...

PVS
look, im not going to give some crap line like
"if i see the millenium falcon, ill walk out of the theater"
because that would be a big fat lie.

but i just may vomit in my own lap if that happens.
it just wouldn't be appropriate. it would be just oscene

guiro72
It's not like a fanboy thing, where i blow out my birthday candles wishing for the falcon in ep III, in case i gave that impression...I take it as it comes with star wars (and roll my eyes at some of it)...

So far they've squeezed in almost every single major character from the original trilogy, except han and lando....r2, 3po (clumsily linked to anakin), luke, leia, tarkin, mon mothma, boba fett, jabba, the lars etc etc (and wait for them to announce ackbar).....

they will never get han and lando in because there's no way to tie 2 infants into the script convincingly (although i wouldn't put it past george to try).....but if you say lando's 37 in ep V, that makes him about 17 in ep III, and if that's too young for him to own the falcon then it would be the previous owner who would appear in ep III....simple logic...

If it happens i hope it's not obscene and innapropriate, but it could well be....and waynerobsonuk's right about the used ship trading, check luke sell his landspeeder in ep IV.....

guiro72
add to returning characters list: bib fortuna, r5d4, greedo + bith musicians....i know, they may not be the same musicians, but my point is the guy's not subtle....and seeing as how we're talking ships, he's squeezed in just about everything except x-wings so far....

SOLRAC SATDIAL
i have a pic of the clonefighter which looks a lot like an x wing
http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/2004/cze/cf.jpg

cavola
scene a loooooong time ago

SOLRAC SATDIAL
i was refering to guiros x wing comment i know that pic is oooooolllldddd

darktim1
cool.

guiro72
thanks solrac....i've seen most things ep III, but haven't seen that shot before, i think i've seen another pic of that ship, but not as good as that....i'd forgotten about it....or i wasn't sure if it was a fan creation....

i like it....but why is everyone flying x-wings and ties in ep III, and by the original trilogy the stormtroopers have all the ties, and the rebels have made off with all the x-wings?.....

waynerobsonuk
yeah i was sort of wondering that myself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.