New Darth Vader Suit!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scavenger_hamu
If any of you have seen the new Darth Vader suit, you can see that the chest armour is combined with the shoulder armour unlike in all the other movies hes been in. Vader often sits inside his scary bobble in his Stardestroyer and replaces and modifys some of his stuff on the helmet and his boxes, but in ANH Vader has a smaller grill under his mask than in ROTS (eps3) Why would Vader smallen his grill for ANH and then make it larger for TESB and ROTJ? His helmet altso has a spike in ANH thats not on the helmet of eps3 or the other movies

The episode 3 suit is supposed to be the one before the episode 4 suit, but still it looks like the one before the episode 5 suit.

Batman316
............... um......... does it really matter? I mean we all know who it is. It's not like the different size grill is going to change that. (Remembers Clark Kent and his very un-superman type glasses) though I could be wrong lol

do we even know what the grill is meant to be for?

darktim1
why does it matter so much that vader have to look like old one first of all he probibley up dated as his years went being vader for now may force be with you.

moonwalker741
um this thread has been done before, or posted in a previous thread

amity75
The main thing is it's 99.99999% OT Vader suit and I'm so happy with that. God, I had visions of him looking like one of the Borg from star strek. Wait a minute, that might have been quite cool...

SomeGuy57
I would never think that when Anikan puts on the suit it would look just like it did in all of vaders movies. It takes place over many years and i would think so that his suit would change. In just two years the clone suits have changed. I would think Vaders suit would definatly change over 38 years.

Manôkhâu
38?
20 years, cannon.

SomeGuy57
Sorry, my mistake. It would actually be 18 years. TPM takes place 30 years before ANH and AOFC takes place 20 years before ANH and ROTH takes place 18 years before ANH. I reviewed it and this is the timeline.

NateDawgNT
the grill changes for the same reason his lightsaber hilt is different in every single movie. ANH,ESB, ROTJ - different suits and lightsabers = cant make the same thing exactly the same on limited budget in the 70s and 80s

finti
Just to be technical it was said that the timelimit between AOTC and ROTS was real time like the timelimit between both films premiere, which means 3 years (2002-2005)

Vader Raider
Movie continuity is a big deal, It comes down to the fact that GL liked the way Vader looked in ESB and ROTJ as opposed to ANH which was more evil and sinister looking and even the helmet and armor was a little banged up fitting in to his used universe look, ESB and ROTJ was a very shinny clean look, As is this EP3 Vader so again the continuity is not there.
Sure some are happy just to see Vader, But I would be more happy if he fit into the story line better.
He must have fell on hard times in ANH had to have an old evil looking beat up costume and all wink

RealDeadOne
The death star, it had a lot of dust. So therefore his helmet wasn't as shiny. The Executor had a 1st class dusting service therefore in TESB and ROTJ he had a shinier helmet.

Or I don't know, maybe it's something like this:

Episode III: His costume is brand new
Episode IV: His costume is 19 years old, therefore looks old
Episode V: He gets a few upgrades and a wax job

I'm not overly worried about it. Film continuity is only usually important within the confines of a scene, not between sequels with 19 years in between each part.

Dou
Dito

zutalurs
Keep complaining dopes. lucas will think he needs to digitize ANH-Vader to match the others.

PVS
oh let it go.
upon studying r2d2 i have found the his proportions
vary from film to film in the OT. its just the way it is.
natedawg hit the nail on the head, its just a product
of having to recreate props for each new film. you
will always end up with inconsistancies, so let it be.

if you look hard enough, you will find holes. so why
ruin it for yourselves?

lets just pray that there are no PLOT holes, and the
hell with the props.

rayj
I don't know about you guys but that picture gave me chills

SomeGuy57
{Just to be technical it was said that the timelimit between AOTC and ROTS was real time like the timelimit between both films premiere, which means 3 years (2002-2005)}

Read the sypnosis two pages back finti and it will say two years after AOTC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.