Armageddon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Unless im blind, I've noticed we have no 'real Armageddon' thread anywhere for discussion except in the movie trivia thread. So i decided to make one.
I think this movie r0x, I've only seen the TV version of it twice, once 2 weeks ago, and another, last night. It was pretty damn sad at the end too when Harry died sad

roundisfunny
Roger Ebert gave it a STAR!

Peter Travers of Rolling Stone SAW it.

And it was nominated for SIX (count 'em!) Razzie awards!

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Nice!

lil bitchiness
I loved Ben Afflec at the time that movie came out...crazy.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
stick out tongue I didnt really, but when he cried close to the end i about died. I was like awww...

roundisfunny
Yeah.

vvvrulz
I actually thought this movie was pretty awful, despite the nice special effects tho.

Dr. Strangelove
I love when Ebert reviews a terrible movie, they always give me a chuckle.

Also I heard that Armageddon has a average of 3 second cuts. messed

pinsleepe
eek! so did i! i saw this film many times. it's not very good, but i like it. maybe cuz of bruce willis.

Bad Boy
This film is wicked... but people take it too seriously! It's tounge-in-cheek most of the time!

ArrghPirateGirl
I havn't seen it but my mum thinks it was really good big grin

botankus
My mom's cousin is Will Patton, who plays the astronaut who his wife wants nothing to do with him and he leaves the toy spaceship on the front porch. So that would make him my 2nd cousin.

Other than that, I remember thinking the movie was better than I thought it was going to be at the time but don't remember too much since.

BloomBabyGirl
il ove movie bout the end of the world speciall this 1

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
big grin

roundisfunny
Leaving the toy spaceship on the front porch makes him your second cousin? If only Jerry Lee Lewis had been privy to this sort of arrangement, he could have avoided a lot of scandal.

Spitback
Spitback movie

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
R u serious?

Pyrofly
i cryed during that movie cry

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Me 2

botankus
LOL @ that.

...yeah, he is. I have only met him once, about 3 years ago in Charleston, SC, where he is from. My mom's met him many times, know him since she was young. One of the nicest guys you would ever meet. I have a few photos at home of him with me and my brother but right now I don't have them scanned on the computer.

I met his girlfriend, too. She is Alison Elliott from The Spitfire Grill. In fact, they met there on the set. She is only like 29 I believe. What's even better than that is his dad, who is in his 70's, dates a 27 year old. I don't know her name, she's not famous. They met during a local theater production in Richmond, VA.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Thats so cool. smile

amerifan
wow i gotta say thanks for posting this thread. this has gotta be one of my favorites. ben affleck was just adorable in this and everytime i heard that areosmith song on the radio after the movie i cried. yes im a girl lol

Zerosparx
I didnt like Armageddon too much, even though I like Bruce Willis I thought the script was kinda flim-flam, they said a lot of stuff that was supposed to mean something but its just comes out sounding cheesy.

There were technical issues also, thier supposed to be on an asteroid with no gravity but in one scene one of the actors drops a piece of metal and it just falls to the ground, not a real big deal but it just bothers me.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Cool amerifan stick out tongue

I thought the script was pretty good, and plus Bruce Willis came up with some of his own lines, or added in his own. smile

Zerosparx
What??? All the one liners in the movie have been used before by lack-luster movies. Not to mention everything in the movie is cliche including the characters and situations.

RaventheOnly
I thought it was good even considering it was made in what? 1999? big grin the effects were excellent for its time and it had a good cast. smile Plus it had Liv drool

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Nicely said RTO, i agree stick out tongue and yes it was '99

Liv's my idol.

Bad Boy
It was 1998

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
O well, 1 year off.q

Zerosparx
Still, great effects and a good cast doesnt make up for a horrible script and predictable plot and ending.

RaventheOnly
UMMM what did you expect to happen? the world end and everyone die? blink

The only other variation is what happened in Deep Impact

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Nice script

linwe_felagund
When ever I hear the song Leavin on a Jet plane, I think of this movie. I would give it athumbsup, but my husband would give it a thumbdown

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Good.
Why a thumbs down from ur hubby?

linwe_felagund
he did not like the movie. Not his thing I guess

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Oh. I understand smile

manchichirtchit
steve buscemi salvaged this movie...

rockhound-- just wanted to feel the power between my legs brother!

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Buscemi has always been a comedian/good actor in my eyes, I thought he was real funny in armageddon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.