Scenes and their intergration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Y-chromo kid
I don't know how everyone else feels about this but I wish GL would release the star wars dvd's (I talking PT here) with an option to see the cut scenes properly intergrated into the movie. I hope this will be done with ROTS when it comes out on dvd. It would be great to see two different versions of the movie instead of the rather cold experience of viewing the discarded bits on their own. I would be interested to see what others think about this

Darth_Duffy
has this ever been done before?

darktim1
yep on ep1 dvd he added to the arrivial at corusant when they were going to the queens place when they showed more of the city.

Dou
And the scene between Padme and Anakin on Tatooine (after he "slaughtered them like animals" ) in AOTC was longer in the DVD version.

Indy_Knight
.....And Qui Gonn encoutering that Probe Droid on Tatooine before fighting Darth Maul. But most of the other cut scenes are best left as a cut.

I dont think that anything in cut scenes from AOTC should be added, apart from the raid on the TF ship during the Arena fight.

PVS
"And the scene between Padme and Anakin on Tatooine (after he "slaughtered them like animals" ) in AOTC was longer in the DVD version."

yes, but those extra lines were shown in the digital version of AotC, so technically its not a cut scene.

Dou

Sith Master X
Also, wasn't there more to the podrace shown in the DVD as well? The part where one of Anakin's cable's get's unhocked and the cockpit of his pod goes spinning out of control?

Dou
Yep.

Indy_Knight
The long Podrace was made Longer.... not good. We can only hope that we might get an option were we can choose to add cut scenes. This would be good for both PT and the OT.

guiro72
the intro to the podrace was longer too....

everyone here has encountered branching dvds yeah?....that would be a good way to do it.....

if only there was a way of taking bits OUT....a fart-joke free version of phantom menace would be nice....

Sith Master X
Yeah that's true also, the intro was a bit longer as well, and I didn't care for that too much.

Anakin2Vader
HA your right ...More Podrace that thing was a half hour long in the first place...

PVS
yeah, GL added more footage where there should be less footage.
and never showed us any cool cut scenes.

wolfdraven
The podrace was the most boring piece in TPM so why add more scenes to it. George should have just added more Maul scenes and maybe a little bit more of sidious. But that's just my opinion.

sithsaber408
I'll probably get props from Jedi Priestess and Lynn, but I would want to watch ep2 with all of the padme and ani stuff left in.
Like when ani says that he was homesick when he started his training.
And that he missed the palace.

Also, the scenes of him meeting padme's parents were good too.

They make the romance MORE belivable,if anything, just because it will take a little longer for them to get together, and it was funny to see him in that situation.(maybe it's just me, I'm 21, engaged to be married in a few months, and had to go through that hell with my soon-to-be parents in-law). Plus, it showed that her family knew she liked anakin, but wouldnt give into it yet.

Just kinda fleshed the story out a little more.

sithsaber408
oh yeah, and the scene with obi telling mace that "the boy was too old" and mace saying "you must have faith that he will take the right path" on the landing platform was WAY better than the one they ended up using with yoda. They could have kept it, cut some lines or something, but it also showed that Obi knew that ani was attatched to padme.

not neccesarry, as they all dont find out till this movie coming up, but, for the overall story, (I-VI) it would have been better. smile

Indy_Knight
I didn't think the acting was up to scratch during that platform scene with Windu and Kenobi , glad it was cut.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.