Storm vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
this also was covered in the Marvel Versus DC TPB.

Storm won with lightning. Wonder Woman had Mjolnir, but she dropped it before they fought...thus losing.

i think Storm has as good a chance as any against her.

WarHulk980
WW

Shadow_King
ok how the hell could WW pick up Mjolnir. i thought only Supes held it once.

Mane
nope she did as well

Paola
CLOSED

juggernaut74
Storm has beaten Wonder Woman in the crossover but what do you guys think.

wrathofachilles
The crossover was a popularity contest, and a poorly written one at that. Storm in no way would take down Wonder Woman. Tickle her maybe. Diana would bitchslap Storm all over the place, and rightfully so.

wrathofachilles
No offense Paola baby wink. You know I love ya.

MornGlory
Wonder woman is timeless

Draco69
WW

MatchesMalone
Wonder Woman kills her.

BobbyD
Lynda Carter slaps Halle Berry's booty all over the place.

Draco69
Yay! Happy Dance

radioboy121
This must be an indirect challenge from my mentioning in the Rogue vs. thread. Alright, I'm willing to challenge back.

If in a population of people, Wonder Woman probably would win, since some of Storm's powers cover a relatively large area, and she doesn't wish to hurt other people unrelated. Without people, Storm can do plenty of damage to take down Wonder Woman.

Mist (as she used to evade Sebastion Shaw) or rain (as she did against Pyro who also said it was more representative of a typhoon) can easily blind Wonder Woman's visibility. Her wind abilities have been able to carry her teammates, but also have been able to lift large objects (i.e. even when she was resurrected as a young teenager, her powers were so strong, she accidently lifted the abandoned plane she was sleeping in and decimated the landscape surrounding it when she had a nightmare). Wonder Woman taking a hit from a person that could level a mountain doesn't mean she can take something close to that level or more all over her person when she is pounded into the ground or other landscapes.

Her lightning attack is usually to repel or just shock an opponent (she does this to Wolverine when she's peeved), but can also be frightfully damaging; when Doom was opposing an army that was currently trying to run Latavia, Storm destroyed all their tanks and demolished their factory with a lightning storm attack. Superman was temporarily knocked down (and possibly temporarily out) when Maxima pulled out a lampost to tag Doomsday, but it instead short circuited and sent a electric shock backlash. Think how far more destructive Storm's lightning attacks can be that should definitely put Wonder Woman down for the count.

And lastly, Storm can fly and break close to sound barrier speeds if not more (I'm unsure of her actual max speeds). Right after she donned her mohawk (inspired by Wolverine's friend), she showed incredible dexterious control of her flight when she was weaving around Wolverine baiting him to cut off her cape from her person without hurting her.

Storm isn't going to fist-fight Wonder Woman as many of her other opponents, but use her abilities to either first kill her visibility, then use her offensive attacks for the finale.

Storm is often in a populated area (either with civilians and/or her own teammates) where she has to be careful of her powers, so it will unreasonable to say, "Why didn't she do this and that to this person then?"

Draco69
Or, in response to a very valid argument, WW uses her faster than sound superspeed and knocks Storm out with a near Superman level punch.

Oh, and I wasn't challenging you or anything (hell, I don't even remember you on that thread) I was drooling at the image of Lynda Carter whacking Halle Berry. (one sex scene in a movie and suddenly she deserves an Oscar!)

The Flash
WW.

radioboy121
That's far from a guarantee, unless you are insinuating Wonder Woman is going to make a surprise attack.

Well, you said something along the lines of "I'm not even going to respond to a person who thinks Storm can beat Wonder Woman." I don't hold a grudge, but I remember such comments.

As to the image you are referring to, if this was posted earlier, I can't see it since I can't see images at my station.

Cosmo Kramer
You guys do know in Storms very first appearance that entire island out somewhere by the Bahams thought she was a goddess or angel. So yeah if she could send a psunami or lighting she could beat WW but never kill her.

Draco69
To radioboy121:

Storm is extremely powerful. But such power takes extreme concentration. Concentration takes time. Time that Storm simply doesn't have against the likes of WW.

When Storm took out Doctor Doom's robot armies and factories. She was infuriated because she was trapped in a crystal statue. When freed she was beyond furious. She went literally mad with rage. This outburst of power was a result of extreme anger and fear (she's claustrobe). Unless WW does something to make her incredibly angry, she won't unleash an attack of that magnitude. In fact, she almost never unleashes an attack of that magnitude.

WW is incredibly powerful. She can lift over 100 tons. She's practically invulnerable and can exceed the speed of sound. WW can go toe to toe with the likes of the Hulk and Thor. Winds, Lightining, hail, etc. won't do much against her. In order for Storm to even acheive a ghost of chance of victory, she would need to put a tremendous amount of distance between them. Distance that WW simply wouldn't allow. WW can move, act and even think at Mach 10. Storm won't know what hit her. As I said before WW uses her superspeed and knocks her out with one punch. That's all she needs.

Sorry If I offended you with the comment.

radioboy121
If you are talking about precision, concentration would be more the factor, but this isn't necessary as she has no qualms about civilian bystanders being in the way. Many of her abilities (i.e. mist, smaller lightning attacks) can be instaneous and even if she can't just knock her out on a whim, Wonder Woman doesn't have x-ray vision to see through a huge weathering storm or a blanket of mist if Storm needs to bide her time.

You almost make her sound like an Incredible Hulk type of trait, which isn't so. She once used an immense lightning attack when she attacked Silver Samurai. The attack wasn't a desperation or a "you insulted my mother." She doesn't unleash "hell" all the time for the fact that she is often shown in well populated areas and/or that she has her teammates around her that she could accidently injure if she doesn't watch herself.

I'm skeptical about the strength figure, unless you can see she benchpresses that amount or greater consistently in comics. Anyway, that is irrelevent here, since she isn't going to be bumping heads with Storm.

Superman is classified as nearly invulnerable and he was affected by a lightning outburst in that scene I elaborated earlier. Wonder Woman doesn't defy laws that allow her to move freely in Earth's environment without being touched and she's never been classified as immovable. She will definitely be be affected to a frightfully powerful tornado or a direct wind blast that would smother her into a solid surface (and among other things). Also, when a strong character hits her, she feels it one part of her body. A number of Storm's attacks would be basically blanketing her opponent's body.

You say she can go at this blazing speed , but define to me that she can stop at a whim and change directions at a huge angle. It takes little effort to manuever and Storm isn't an amateur flier that evasion wouldn't be possible.

Buy me a drink and we'll call it even.

Draco69
To Radioboy121:

PS: I'm under 21 I can't buy alcohol

You've given a very good argument concerning Storm's abilities and strengths. But you seem to refuse to recognize Storm's weaknesses. Smaller lightening attacks are instantaneous and require little to no concentration. However larger scale attacks such as tornadoes and lightening storms require a greater amount of concentration and time. Sure she can create a massive hurricane and or make it hail stones the size of baseball. But such an attack would require time and concentration. She has to gather moisture, the right mixture of natural gases, and supplement other materials to the concoction required to make a hurricane or hailstorm.

Let's imagine that Diana and Storm meet each other on a battlefield. What's the distance between them? 10, 50, 100 feet? If this is so the battle would end a nanosecond after the bell sounds. WW can move, act, and think faster than the speed of sound. The speed of sound is approximately 750 mph. Diana is faster than 750 mph. Storm would be out before she has a chance to react or even fly away. (by the way Storm's max speed in the air is Mach III according to the Official Handbook of the X-Men)

Even if Storm pummeled Diana with everything she has, hurricanes, tornadoes, lightening strikes, hail storms, etc. she would only impede Diana's assault, not knock her out. When Diana crosses her bracelets she creates an impenetrable forcefield that reflects and protects Diana's entire body. She even reflected Darkseid's dreaded Omega Beams. So whatever Storm hits her with will either be reflected (i.e. lightening strikes) or buffered (i.e wind assaults) WW could just cross her gauntlets and she would be invulnerable to Storm's attacks. She could then proceed to wait until Storm tires herself out.

WW is second in strength and invulnerability to Superman. She's capable of holding her own against the likes of Thor and the Hulk. That's how tough she is. Imagine what kind of attack Storm would have to conjure to even dent the Amazon. It would have to be tremendous. (Also I reread the lightening burst occurrence with Superman. He wasn't knocked out. He was merely momentarily stunned. He got right back up) Storm would have to conjure a storm no man has ever seen. And it still wouldn't be enough. Storm would collapse from exhaustion and WW would perform a mercy blow.

Storm has several years of combat experience and training. Wonder Woman has several THOUSAND years of combat experience and training. She's battled gods, angels, demons, white martians, and other various fiends that would topple one's imagination. Storm is simply outmatched. Wonder Woman has been taught to kill, maim, and disable her opponents since the day she was born. Everything that Storm could throw at her would only delay the inevitable: her defeat.

Cosmic Cube
I'm not sure...

Wonder Woman's fast, but I doubt she's faster than a lightning bolt. But if she could directly attack Storm, she'd surely win. But storm can conjure hurricane winds with an instant. I've read that Wonder Woman can fly at Mach 3 as well. Storm can fly as fast as the wind will carry her.
In a physical fight, no question, Wonder Woman. The question is whether or not Wonder Woman could attack her before being hit by a lightning bolt.

Force Field? I've never heard of such. Support with evidence, Draco.

Draco69
To Cosmic Cube:

Storm can fly at a max speed of Mach III. Diana can fly at max speed of Mach 10. It's no contest. Hurricane winds can create enough force to topple a building. But not Diana. 300 mph winds isn't going to stop a person who can go to toe to toe with the Hulk. Lightning strikes aren't going to do much damage to Diana ( not to mention she can reflect the damn things).

Many characters have dodged Storm's lightening strikes. Toad, Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, etc. If these characters can evade these attacks, than Diana most certainly can evade or block it with her gauntlets. Her gauntlets are made of metal, and I predict that someone will say that the metal will just current the electricity throughout her body. This isn't true. Diana's deflected many electrical attacks before (i.e. Black Lightening) and the charges did not current through her body. Why? Because the bracelets are magical. It was forged from The Shield of Aegis.

ONCE AGAIN, Diana can move, think and act faster than the speed of sound. Storm would have no time to react to such an attack at that speed.

According to the Wonder Woman Handbook (found in Barnes & Noble, Graphic Novels section) when Diana crosses her bracelets, she creates a magical forcefield that can deflect and buffer almost any attack. Diana once even reflected Darkseid's Omega Beams back at him using this forcefield (Superman/Batman comic, the New Supergirl storyline). Phil Jimeniz illustrated this maneuver many times during his scribe period for the WW comic. Darkseid's Omega Beams is capable of reducing Superman to ash. Storm has NOTHING in her arsenal that is capable of such a feat. If WW can reflect Darkseid's Omega Beams than Diana can most certainly reflect ANYTHING that Storm thorough her way. Diana's forcefield can also buffer physical attacks and other non-energy attacks (i.e. hurricane winds). Wonder Woman used this maneuver when she fought a hybrid of Superman and Doomsday that her arch nemesis Circe created. If WW's forcefield can buffer a full on blow from the hybrid of Superman and Doomsday than she most certainly buffer her winds.

C'mon people. I love Storm. She's my favorite X-Man. Although the White Queen is rapidly beginning to replace her as my favorite. But I know (and you know) that Storm does not stand a chance against Diana. Storm loses. Period.

Cosmic Cube
Actors? Imagine Lou Ferrigno fighting Christopher Reeves, (may his soul rest.)

Draco69
Forgive my ignorance, but who the heck is Lou Ferrigno?

Cosmic Cube
The Hulk

Cosmic Cube
He was a martial artist/bodybuilder who played Hulk in the 70's TV Show.

Draco69
Oh. I learned something new! *cue Final Fantasy battle victory music*

Cosmic Cube
lol

DarkAge
They should have a tickle contest.

BobbyD
They should!

radioboy121
Very well I'll be fair to elaborate her weaknesses. First off, her powers are limited by the mental constraint she can handle, but could also actually correlate with her psychological ability to believe she can achieve a particular feat. She is also human, who although was shown to be able to survive the vacuum of space for an X amount of time, she would by right fall to a hit by a powerhouse. She is claustrophobic which could either mean her powers would go out of control due to her fear, or that she would quiver and go in a fetal
position.

She tends to be very sensitive by what others think of her and takes it hard when she results in failure. She can kill, but she takes no pleasure in it and she values life in many mediums (i.e. children, plants) that could also be exploited as an advantage for others.

Now let's get back in the debate. First off, the time it takes for Storm to do most of her weathering control is fast despite your elaboration that her powerful attacks necessarily take a long time. Example, when she battled a mandroid (they were fit to handle the Avengers), she froze it to the point that the armor began to collapse and fall apart in a manner of seconds . And when Magneto was inkling on one of his world conquest battle plans, she instantly whipped up a tornado that was so furious, Magneto's own magnetic field could not protect him and he would have surely suffocated from the vacuum it created if he didn't use Colossus' body to distract Storm.

I love statistics as much as the next person; heck, I like to fancy the comparison of one to another to justify one's superiority, but realistically most of these statistics are hogwash, thus far from credible. Creators have been changing the abilities for years and even then, their statistics have been contradicting or just plain wrong; Wolverine was once coined as Earth's greatest villain (could be a typing mistake by them), Galactus was once rated with stamina of Aunt May but given Unlimited in another, and Deadpool was made far superior in agility to Spiderman. Are these credible then? Comics is
only the legitimate way to say that they can do certain things, for even a site, whether official or not could just throw numbers at random if they wanted to.

Let's try the Wizard battle you once referred to before that listed the top 10 superheroes as a great example. In accordance to them, a fight also means to come out in surprise and attack (i.e. they elaborated that Dr. Strange wins since he can port from behind Professor Xavier without knowing of the battle and fall). Talk about reputable and unbias.Next, you have yet to define to me that Wonder Woman does not associate in any plane of the laws on Earth. If she doesn't, then her reputed max speed would go uncontested. If she does however, there is a thing called acceleration that doesn't happen instantly for most heroes/villains. Also, her contested speed doesn't mean Storm's helpless. Silver Surfer is a prime example when he tried to unwrest the gauntlet from Thanos' hands. Thanos subdued most of his powers (including foresight) when he was playing with Captain America before he noticed in a twinkling that Silver Surfer was approaching. Realize how fast Silver Surfer was going and justify that Thanos shouldn't even have had a chance to evade.

Lastly, Storm wouldn't even have a chance to react? Please justify that Wonder Woman could go so blazing fast that she would do a "Flash." Storm can fly at high speeds, but does she herself decorate her opponent with punches without them having a chance? Even if Wonder Woman was capable of such dexterious control of body and flight (speed isn't the only key), the question is whether she would do it? Otherwise, as I said in the other Wonder Woman thread, you are just pitting power vs. power. What's the difference? When pitting
characters, their personality are intwine with the decisions they make. With powers only, Flash can internally vibrate his body to time travel in the past and kill baby Superman.

radioboy121
If she has such an impenetrable forcefield, why isn't it on all the time. It must be some hinderance to fight with it as Hal Jordan's forceshield is to him, otherwise why would people like Mongul be hitting him when it's down (I said down, not drained)? Why is she being contested against characters like Batman or Deathstroke, who are more suited to her pre-crisis version when she duking it out with the likes of the warrior Red Dragon?

Darkseid's Omega Effect is a focused attack that will affect an opponent once it touches. It's not like a laser where it naturally just does damage. Also, this doesn't justify many of Storm's attacks that Wonder Woman can't just deflect with her bracelets.

Lastly, Storm tire out after she sees that this forcefield is blunting the attack? Unlike Wolverine who in certain states would go unrelenting despite the scenario, Storm would bide her time too, and even use the mist/rain tactic to discourse her opponent into possibly taking it down.

So far all the allegations in other threads is that Wonder Woman is hard to touch in front up fights, which might apply to Thor and Hulk, but certainly not Storm as she isn't going to be duking it out that way. This changes tactics. Not dent the Amazon? I brought up that mentioning of Superman that even a lightning backlash of this smaller magnitude had affected him, and certainly those are just childsplay for Storm. She can call up far worse than this that would certainly do more than just daze.

When you say Wonder Woman has thousands of years in combat training, is it one style or many? Actually, that doesn't even matter. Wolverine has plenty of martial arts skills, but he lamented that Sabertooth and Puma are tough because of their pure savage nature. Taskmaster adapted to many styles, but was defeated by Mr. X not because he was more skilled, but he was a low level telepath. And for Storm's credit - she defeated Callisto (even though she was arrogant, she shouldn't fall like that), a warrior at heart fighter and later Marrow who had achieved the harsh conditions of the HILL and was notoriously vicious during her run in Gene Nation. And I can ignore all this because as stated, why would Storm fight her directly? On a different spectrum, why would Champion duke against fighting contenders of Earth and not a Sienna Blaze or Magneto type cast? Not that they would necessarily win, but he just couldn't use his same strategy.

Even if Wonder Woman can fly through it, it doesn't mean she would go unscathed. How about suffocation, or at the very least, her pattern is shifted and she might miss her target anyway. The lightning attack debacle was mentioned above so I won't repeat again.

A lightning attack cannot be evaded by most of these characters in normal circumstances (and it's even debatable if Spiderman can truly dodge one) and Storm doesn't use full fledge force on foes she sees cannot handle it. She shot at Cyclops (who evaded) as a warning or discouragement, not to do injury. And as to the electricity deflection, even Magneto could not say that an electric attack from her was a walk in the park and that he couldn't even feel something . If Magneto was weary about her ferocity, think of how Wonder Woman will think of it.

I gave my counter argument above, so I'm not going to repeat myself again.

You say hybrid, meaning a shadow of the force self but not the actual deal or clones. That's not enough evidence to justify Storm's powers against this forcefield. Anyway, Circe shouldn't even need to play with her as she was almost successful in taking Wonder Woman's soul in War of the Gods .

I can accredit Wonder Woman as being statistically overall more powerful than a Rogue, but your definition of Wonder Woman would clearly clean post-crisis Superman, Thor, and Hulk at the same time without them even blinking, a fact that was part of the reason for the Crisis - to stop so many flying, super strong, invulnerable fighters. She might not wear a cape to kill the representation of Superman's mantle, but there were too many characters like this before and I hope it isn't happening again.

vaya_the_elf
Storm would win. She has the power of nature. Where wonderwomen is just super strong.

Draco69
To Cosmic Cube:

Wow, what a great thesis. But it completely lacks credible evidence. I don't care about Wolverine and Puma. I don't care about Silver Surfer and Thanos. At first glance your post is a great argument. Further inspection complies that it skips around the meat of the issue: HOW is Storm going to defeat Wonder Woman. Your argument comprises of how OTHER characters overcame their foes using similar tactics. (i.e. Wolverine vs. Puma and Storm vs. Magneto). For example, I said that WW can use her superspeed to take Storm out with one quick punch. You reply by bringing up Thanos and Silver Surfer; an incident that is completely unrelated to the battle of Storm vs. Wonder Woman. I mentioned WW's combat experience. For some reason you dove into the Gene Nation, Wolverine, Puma, and various other unrelated issues that has NOTHING to do with the fight.

The core issue is that WW is faster, stronger, and vastly more experienced than Storm. For the final time: Storm meets WW on the battlefield. Storm is knocked out with a superspeed punch before she has time to do anything. End of Story. The spectors demand their money back.

radioboy121
Sigh... I don't know how you are reading my responses (I think are you referring to me and not Cosmic Cube), but basically you just literally ignored my every counter and still say Wonder Woman is the winner, no contest. I cannot argue with a person who refuses to come down and answer any of my inquiries, such immovability, her exact durability, the forcefield, etc. I gave examples of attacks that would possibly harm her (freeze, lightning, wind) or immobilize (rain, mist), so don't say I didn't give my two cents about how she could beat Wonder Woman.

I've used Storm's experiences and the elaboration of other characters to refute yours proclamations that are unrealistic. For example, 1000 years of fighting experience? This might seem incredible, but you never told me how much variety she is experienced with, and second, even though Storm is not the greatest of fighters, Wonder Woman would be basically just fighting a storm. You can't hit that.

Next, why mention Silver Surfer and Thanos? They're irrelevent, right? Please think for a moment about the subject matter, which happened to be speed. First off, you never did justify that Wonder Woman can just catwalk through a storm Ororo can throw at her. Superman would feel something, why not her? Second, you strangely believe that Wonder Woman is at her fastest instantly that Storm wouldn't even have a chance. Lastly, back on the Silver Surfer/Thanos debacle, he was probably going at light speed and Thanos didn't have precognition to sense it, yet he reacted. REACTED. Wonder Woman isn't even going half that speed and yet you say Storm doesn't have the chance.

Stronger, yes. Faster, yes. Experienced? Storm's own should not be discounted to say Wonder Woman would clearly be a victor. She and X-Men were on stay in Asgard among other places if you want to say gods. She and the X-Men battled against superior organizations/groups that could even challenge JLA.

Draco69

radioboy121
I do not trust the legimacy of web sites, only comics that show the demonstration of a character's abilities. There are still holes that I do not understand of the current Wonder Woman that still have not been addressed, but I'll concede for the time being.

First off, Superman is not exactly immortal, so he could only live through this if this dimension doesn't follow a time factor and this number defines the time spent, or this is similar to Limbo where time does not equate the same as Earth. Otherwise, this sounds like an alternate time line and if so, this might not qualify. Also, are you referring to Lucifer when you refer to this Satan? She cannot possibly match his power unless she was enhanced or Lucifer depowered himself.

Draco69
To Radioboy121:

The whole trapped in the dimesnsion thing happened in Action Comics #761. Both Wonder Woman and Superman were transported to Valhalla, where they assisted Thor and other Asgardians in protecting that realm against demons. The two spent nearly several thousand years in this long war, but proved victorious. I don't know how WW and Superman remained immortal. I'm guessing the Asgardians gave them temporary immortality. The "Satan" was the Norse version of Satan. Not Hel though.

Cosmic Cube
I think you give Wonder Woman a little too much credit. Does Wonder Woman possess the acceleration to perform such an attack? I have seen a Superman vs Cyborg (Age of Superman, #563). Superman did not, and cannot deliver a flurry of superspeed punches. If he could, he would never lose to anyone. This would make uninteresting comic books, so the writers did not give him that power.

Is Wonder Woman durable? Bullets can kill her. I think she'd have quite a problem with lightning. I have yet to read that Wonder Woman is very "durable" or "invulnerable," (she certainly isn't more durable than the White Queen.) If bullets can hurt her, punches and lightning can as well.

The "Force Field" arguement is questionable as well. If she could use a force field, she would have no reason to block bullets with her blacelets. If a character has an ability, it would be used in comics. In all the years that Wonder Woman has been in publication, she would have displayed such a power more than once. I could say that Rouge posesses telepathy, but if she does not consistantly use it in comic books, it can be assumed that she can't.

Draco69
To Cosmic Cube:

Bullets can't kill Wonder Woman. When the DC Corporation revised Wonder Woman, following the Crisis of Infinite Earths, they increased her strength, speed, and invulnerability significantly. When revising the character, Chris Claramont had the option of getting rid of her bracelets. He felt that the bracelets were an intergral part of her character, so he kept them. Wonder Woman once took a hit from an concussive blast with an energy yield of a small nuclear weapon from behind. She was barely fazed from the attack. Diana's taken hits from Doomsday, White Martians, Superman, and Captain Marvel; she shrugged of the hits and kept fighting. Bullets can't kill her. She use the bracelets to either deflect physical blows, reflect energy blasts or bullets back at her opponents, or utilize a forcefield to protect her from attacks that could harm her ( I'll get into this later )

Superman CAN deliver a flurry of superspeed punches. For a recent example, read Superman #207, pg. 23. From this you can see Superman unleashing a series of superspeed attacks upon another cyborg. One thing that has bogged down DC comics is the inconsistencies with their characters powers. You asked the right question. Why doesn't Superman unleash a superspeed punch to every foe he meets and call it a day? Because it would be boring. So the writers rarely make Wonder Woman or Superman use the superspeed against their foes. It doesn't mean they can't. It just would be completely unappealing to have a two-page comic where Wonder Woman just uses her superspeed and knocks the Cheetah out with one punch. Wonder Woman and Superman DO possess the speed to take their opponents down in several moves. But the writers just don't write this way. With good reason too.

Back in the War of Gods storyline, Wonder Woman took on Shazam. Shazam endlessly pummeled her with magical lightining. Magic lightining is extremely more powerful than physical lighening. Diana withstood these attacks with ease.

This is from a previous post concerning the forcefield thing you don't believe exist : According to the Wonder Woman Handbook (found in Barnes & Noble, Graphic Novels section) when Diana crosses her bracelets, she creates a magical forcefield that can deflect and buffer almost any attack. Diana once even reflected Darkseid's Omega Beams back at him using this forcefield (Superman/Batman comic, the New Supergirl storyline). Phil Jimeniz illustrated this maneuver many times during his scribe period for the WW comic. Wonder Woman also used this maneuver when she fought a hybrid of Superman and Doomsday that her arch nemesis Circe created.

Khellendros
Uhh, did you miss where he said Thanos had subdued his own powers so he could play with Captain America? That kills THAT argument.

You DO realize that this hurts your argument, right? It says she has enhance reflexes, but that she actually can't "move and think" that fast because of temporal distortions. I think this means she can easily smack bullets out of the air and block punches, but she can't pull off a feat like Superman, where he does a long series of movements at superspeed (like typing up a newspaper article).

Apples and oranges. Storm doesn't need ten centuries of fighting experience, because she's not going to be trading blows with her. It's really annoying that you continuously bring up her hand-to-hand experience when storm isnt going to be getting in a fistfight with her.

Actually, according to your source, she's onyl about 18 to 20 times faster than him. >_>

Storm can generate maximum level tornado force winds. Tornado winds can reach up to 319-379 mph. The strongest hurricanes don't even reach half that. I think Wonder Woman is in for a sandblasting. You say Weather Wizard is a hell of a lot better at weather manipulating than Storm, got a source on that?

Can Wonder Woman survive in a vacuum? Can she withstand debris hurled by winds that can sink pieces of straw into stone walls? This while having her senses assaulted by roaring winds and booming thunder. Your source says she needs concentration for super speed, how exactly is she going to concentrate in the middle of one massive storm?

Draco69
To Khellandros:

Read the entire article! Read my previous posts. I dispute your arguments already. I'm not retyping everything.

Khellendros
FINE you big whiner, I'll boil my post down.

-) Can Wonder Woman survive in a vacuum?

-) Can she acheive the concentration needed to use super speed in the noise of a thunderstorm/tornado while being pelted with debris?

-) Thanos was subduing his powers, so he wasn't "God" when he reacted to Silver Surfer.

-) In what source is it said that Weather Wizard is better at manipulating weather patterns than Storm?

I've read every post in this thread, I don't think I need to bother again.

Draco69

leonheartmm
just wondering, but does wonderwoman have the ability to survive teperatures 4 to 7 times hotter then the surface of the sun?
and can she fly, run, move at over 300000 miles per second?

x_danny_x
after viewing and doing more research on Wonder Woman, she is more powerful than I thought and certainly gave Juggernaut a run for his money when they fought and certainly can fight and hang with the likes of Superman and the Hulk. The whole X-men cant even handle Juggernaut without that Psychi attack from Professor X!

DC World is more powerful than Marvels and Wonder Woman should beat the crap out of Storm!

Saying a match like Wonder Woman vs Storm is almost like saying Superman vs Storm cause Wonder Woman is almost as strong as Superman!

Im sorry, no contest! Wonder Woman by BUG STOMP!

x_danny_x
300,000 miles per second?????? The Speed of Light is 186,000 miles per second! Only the Flash and Superman One Million and possibly Superman Prime can go faster than the speed of light that I know of!

300,000 miles per second that is almost twice as fast of the Speed of light!

Draco69
To leonheartmm,

Your stupidity astounds me. Thankfully, X-danny-X had the dignity to respond to you.

muffin man
STORM.

muffin man
storm

Draco69
WW

Draco69
Back up your words with arguments Muffin Man.

Great, now I have a craving for blueberry muffins.

Cosmic Cube
Radio boy has stated countless times that it would not be a physical brawl, therefore strength is nullified. Wonder Woman normally flies at Mach 3, but can achieve Mach 7 according to most websites. Even so, it would take considerabl acceleration. Wonder Woman does possess supersonic land speed, but does she possess substantial acceleration to knock out Storm in seconds,or before she is hit by a lightning bolt?

The statement about Wonder Woman having a force field seems to be soley Dracos opinon. I havent seen evidence of it on any website. Bullets don't hurt her? This site says otherwise.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=041230163112

Draco's statements imply that she blocks bullets just for the hell of it. I hardly think this is the case. I would like to see a form of evidence (a comic book image, a reputable website, etc.) proving that Wonder Woman has the above abilities. If she does, she should be undefeatable.

Nevertheless, Lightning is much more lethal than any caliber bullet. When Storm uses lightning, she does so to incapacitate, not kill. Storm's power don't come from "focus," it comes from emotion; in fact, she must keep control over her emotions, as not to create huge storms. It would not take much effort, or "focus" to call upon lightning much more devastating, as Draco implies.

If Storm calls upon greater than Hurricane force winds, strength is not the only factor. Wonder Woman's mass is not proportionate to her strength, so the winds could quite easily lift her. Traction would be a large factor; if she has none, regardless of her strength, she will be tossed about if she encounters such force.

Draco69
To Cosmic Cube aka Supessucks aka I hate DC so much I am going to argue against logic and root for Marvel no matter what,

Why? Why do so many people hate DC so much that they are completely ignoring the obvious? Wonder Woman is second in strength, speed, and durability to Superman. Imagine if Superman went up against Storm. Now imagine how he would defeat her. Wonder Woman would do the same. Not as fast, but the results would remain the same.

Bullets can't hurt Diana. Source : http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/wonder_woman/wonder_woman.html

Storm's lightening is lethal. To humans. Not Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman once took a hit from an concussive blast with an energy yield of a small nuclear weapon from behind. She was barely fazed from the attack. Diana's taken hits from Doomsday, White Martians, Superman, and Captain Marvel; she shrugged of the hits and kept fighting. She is second in durability to Superman. Period. Numerous weaker foes (i.e. Selene, Mystique, Saber-tooth, Forge, Cyclops, etc.) have been hit by her lightening and have gotten right back up.Back in the War of Gods storyline, Wonder Woman took on Shazam. Shazam endlessly pummeled her with magical lightning. Magic lightning is extremely more powerful than physical lightening. Diana withstood these attacks with ease.

The most powerful hurricane possible is a Category 5 storm. A Category 5 storm create winds with a maximum speed of 200 mph. It can destroy homes and entire buildings. Storm's limit is nature's limit. Storm cannot create a storm that is unnaturally impossible on Earth. For example, she cannot a hurricane with 1000 mph winds like that of those on the planet Jupiter. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe : X-Men says so. The "mass is not proportionate to her strength, so the winds could quite easily lift her." argument is complete and utter bullshit. Imagine if Storm managed to trap Superman in a powerful hurricane. Do you all honestly think that he would suffocate and be lifted and tossed about like a ragdoll? No? Good. WW is a step below Superman. Superman is a ten. WW is a nine. That's why WW is commonly called Superman-lite or Superman in a skirt.

Storm does not stand a chance in hell against Wonder Woman. Period. This is as obvious as Thor vs. Archangel. The answer is readily apparent.

K3VIL

Draco69
Amen K3VIL! smile

x_danny_x
why do you keep coming up with this lightning bolt that is just surely going to work???? I think you are giving that battle Marvel vs DC crossover too much thought.

You keep up with the lighting as this main holy weapon and I have seen by doing some research that Wonder Woman is just too damn much for Storm and that lighting of hers!

Have you seen how long it takes Storm to gather all that she needs to do Hurricans winds??? Too much and Wonder Woman is ready to go!

Dude, read the post of K3VIL to get a taste of Wonder Womans powers. What they are saying is what I found out through gathering information about Wonder Woman and she is a hell alot of stronger than I thought!

And seeing how she is able to hang toe to toe with the likes of the Hulk and Juggernaut, commen sense should tell you that Storm is at a huge disavantage to begin with.

You keep talking all about Storms power how it would hurt Wonder Woman yet fail to go into detail what Wonder Woman is able to accomplish with her powers.

BobbyD
Wow...looks like I got here too late. Guys, Storm cannot beat WW. And yes, while she would not want to engage Diana in a fist fight she is either going to have to evade her punches, or withstand them, neither of which she is capable. Storm is a pretty neat character n' all, but she outclassed by WW.

Cosmic Cube
Though the bulk of what K3VIL posts is utter nonsense, I will show you the overall credibility of this source.

Draco aka Ultimate Wonder Woman Fanboy; please don't be so petty. I know you think no one can hurt Wonder Woman, but keep the personal attacks to a minimum. Your opinion of me means absolutely nothing to this argument.

K3VIL's argument is totally invalid. Obviously, another ill informed Wonder Woman fanatic published blatant idiocy on his website, thus spreading the plague of DC fanboy stupidity. The author of this information clearly has no inkling of mathematical ability, or common sense. In true DC fanboy spirit, he blunders aimlessly lamenting to Wonder Woman's ability. Mach 3 is equivalent to 35 miles per second? Try 35 miles per minute. 200 mile per hour equals 3.3 miles per second? Try 3.3 miles per minute; do the math. I figured K3VIL might have caught this one, but it is obvious from HIS other posts that he isn't mentally competent to recognize such a misnomer. Get your facts straight before you call someone a fanboy.

Yet Draco, in true fanboy fashion, avidly supports this fanatic worship of his favorite heroine, thus showing his level of intelligence and fanaticism. Your thesaurus fails to impress me.

I think allowing bullets to bounce off of Wonder Woman's chest would be a little more demoralizing to a villain than her frantically blocking them with her silver bracelets. But she couldn't do that, could she? She doesn't have invulnerability, or a healing factor; it's just poor writing, commonplace in most DC comics. But that is what those of mediocre intellegence find irresistable; poor logic. Perhaps I am one of the few Marvel readers who actually utilize this forum. I too, should also find something better to do with my time.

DC characters such as Wonder Woman are vastly overrated, and I for one agree with the outcome of this crossover.

Miss_Faye
Wonder Woman case close.... ^.^

Cosmic Cube
http://www.cvalley.net/~canote/ww.html

Draco69
This is pre-Crisis Wonder Woman, you idiot!

Tron
Whoever said the strength factor is nullified, is horribly wrong. True, Storm wouldn't try to get physical, but that doesn't mean the fight wouldn't get physical regardless. And, if it did get physical, which I think it would, Storm is screwed.

And Draco's right Cube, that was Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman on that site, and current WW is a totally different character than the vesion that always seemed to get tied up in questionable sitiations.

And guys, watch the insults, before we get some mod enforcement coming through here.

K3VIL
Your brain was selled to the wall amrt?The errors of the speed of WW aren't anyway so important.I don't notice them cause it was late night when i make the reply here in italy.You're arguing that 35miles per minute isn't amazing?Or 3,3, miles per minute aren't?You are the one mentally depowered.Just think if you have a brain, someone that can cover 35miles in a minute would be sufficiently fast to kick your head before you can notice your head has got stomped by the boots of WW before you can wrote another one of your patetic reasons for my invalid argument.Calculation errors like those of my source aren't so great, it wasn't wrote 350'000 miles for second, the facts are that anyway WW is stronger and faster and Storm is nothing she never met before.
Now go back in the corner of the fanboys and try to find an explanation for you being so much noisy.

Draco69
To Cosmic Cube aka Supessucks:

Please! You have to be the most biased person on this board. WW wins, period. And don't insult my intelligence. Your knowledge of comic book characters have been proven to be outdated and underrated. Your arguments are factless and are as biased as KKK journal for the O.J. Simpson trial. You are a Marvel fanboy. You even tried changing your screenname to cover your blatant fanboyism. Come back later when you grow a few brain cells.

IRTMU-Dragon
Uhh? Wouldnt wonder woman just toss her lasso around Storm before she can take flight or something and just give her one nice punch to the face and scramble her human brains?

Draco69
Yes, she would. That's what I've been saying for days. But the Marvel fanboys INSIST that Storm would perform some kind of miracle and knock "Superman in a skirt" out.

IRTMU-Dragon
Theres no doubt a nice fury of hurricane force winds would blow her backwards and one nice jolt of lightning would can WW... But it takes storm TIME to conjure a storm and stuff, she cant just do it immediatly.

Draco69
Read previous posts. Lightining & hurricane winds are useless against someone who can go toe to toe with the Hulk and Thor.

But anyway, its nice to know that someone agrees that WW could beat Storm back to Africa.

IRTMU-Dragon
Oh ya... shes immensely strong isnt she...
Forgot shes like a semi superman...
>.<

Ya, Wonder woman would definatly beat her.

Cosmic Cube
This paradox is an insult to the english language. You must be mentally retarded. There is no other excuse for such misused grammar.

Draco:
It seems that we will forever be at odds. Everyone has their preferences; if I am not mistaken, you prefer DC comics. I am not calling you a 'fanboy' or 'biased'; as we all in some way prefer one superhero over another. I resign from this arguement, and I will trade no more personal insults with you, as we both obviously have our own opinions and are unwilling to change. I will allow you to have your beliefs, and I will be allowed mine.

Nice arguing with you.

Draco69
Nice debating with you too. But for godsake's when you debate on the Comic Versus Forum make sure you get your facts right. I really can't stand correcting you over and over again.

I don't prefer DC comics. I prefer Marvel comics. I just recognize that DC is slightly superior in power levels than Marvel. I'm not going to fanatically stand by a character of my preferred comic book line, when it's completely illogical he or she would win. I stand by facts. Not opinions. I know Thor will beat Superman. I know Black Panther could defeat Batman. Facts and data are the basis of my arguments. Not opinions. Anything else would degrade myself.

IRTMU-Dragon
I hate DC, its just wonder-woman is almost superman in power, thatd own miss rain pretty fast.

snoopdogg
If you stand by facts then you most certainly know that Superman kicked Thors @ss in the crossover comic. That is a fact cause it did happen in a comic where we all get our facts. Black Panther is a Batman clone and Batman does not loose to wannabes of himself.

Draco69
To Snoop Dogg :

The crossover was bull. ALL crossovers are bull. Venom beat Superman. Lobo lost to Wolverine. Storm beat Wonder Woman. All crossovers have no crediability what so ever. No way in hell was the DC corporation gonna let their number one superhero lose to some blond haired yuppie no one's heard of.. Thor will beat Superman. Every comic book expert agrees.

Here's proof: http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

And I said that Black Panther COULD beat Batman. I did not say that he CAN beat Batman. They're evenly matched. If you knew about both characters you would know.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ya, those crossovers are pretty fake... but I do like to use the Venom beating superman as an advantage in some of my venom arguements....Regardless, Superman was caught off guard.
Wolverine beating Lobo? Hell, The Hulk cant even beat lobo, and The Mask got pissed off because he wouldnt die, The Mask freaking ATE lobo for crying out loud and he didnt die.

Wonder woman is out of Storms league, now challenge her against Catwoman... LOL...
Black panther versus batman is a good one too.

Cosmic Cube
Batman and Black Panther are actually very different. Batman has no enhance abilities, though we all love him. Black panther has enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, jumping ability, and senses. Batman is a billionaire who can fight very well, and has several high tech gadgets. Black Panther is nothing like Batman.

IRTMU-Dragon
Dont forget about panthers retractable anti-metal claws and his energy daggers and such.

Cosmic Cube
yeah, those too.

K3VIL
Hey Ya Einstein i'm from italy understand?I study english, it's not the language of my country, read under the name of the poster before starting to write what's in your brain.That's not a quesiton of own opions but of logic.You cannot put X against Y when X is a powerhouse and Y a poor Thor imitation without superstrenght and the other things.Not to insult Storm, she's an X-Men member, i like them etc, but being realistic, she's something that Diana can beat down with one hand and use the other hand to drink coffee.

Paola
stop insulting each other!

didn't you read forum rules?

radioboy121
Regardless of what you believe, at least pay respect to other people's opinion. There is no reason for personal insults. At the very least, keep it to PMs so everyone else doesn't need to see the needless bickering. If this topic had died over the weekend, I would let the subject go, but so far I've only seen references to websites and people just agreeing without justifiying the comic material itself - only going by statistics. At least Draco69 brought on a couple of comic references for Wonder Woman.

Problems with the Fight
===============
Wonder Woman
------------------
First off, it's apparent when reading her powers that there is inconsistency on how it is being displayed and used. I think that after the Crisis, many people had problems of throwing away 40 years of material, especially with her character who has always been associated with her bracelets.

---Durability---
I noticed there is a discrepancy with her durability in particular where she is not only enhanced by the gods, but she also has the bracelets and this other mentioning, the forceshield. The bracelet should not be be used if she has a forceshield, but in accordance to Draco's description, she doesn't seem to use it all the time. If my understanding is correct, this might be that as different writers take over the job of Wonder Woman, some acknowledge certain powers over another. We have seen this before with other characters where there's an excuse that there is a latent power, or it's always possible that the writer doesn't know of the current chararacter and modifies it. It's your judge whether the forceshield is fully there or not.

If you believe there is a forceshield, we have to question how durable it is and what are the set limits as it would be illogical to believe that it is flawless. Invisible Woman had damage constraints and mental strain as her reasoning, while a Green Lantern power can tire as it draws from a source - the Green Lantern battery and the Guardian host, and Unus' power did not help him compensate for gravitational situations and viral contraction.

---Speed---
Whether a person is going 300 mph or 1,000,000 mph, there tends to be an acceleration rate as these figures are not instanteous. Only exceptions to this is if the character envelops a form of field as Flash does when he travels, or that they are traveling in a frictionless environment as space. Wonder Woman could very well dive right into an opponent, but realize that it won't be just like that - instant Mach 10 speed.

radioboy121
Storm
-------
The problem with Storm was that she was created in a team, that therefore will not inherit all the attention as would another who had their own solo line. Be it that she was in a humane group, she was in practically most circumstances constricted to limiting her abilities that may pose a danger to the people around her, including her teammates.

---Ghost Character---
As said before, she was most often constricted by the scenario she was in that didn't allow her to use the fullest of her powers. Often times, she was shown in smaller enclosed places while other times she would be riddled with many anonymous bystanders. As her powers were relatively boundless in the way they can be described or illustrated unlike many of her teammates, she was often left to handle only a few adversaries and forgotten for the next X number of pages. Sometimes when a large group who she could probably inflict heavily upon showed up, they either ignored her character completely (i.e. first encounter of Imperial Guard, they never even showed her participation), or cancelled her such as taking her powers away earlier (i.e. Avengers vs. X-Men, she was only human) or temporarily killed off (i.e. she was taken out of the pictures when the Reavers showed up). Sometimes, even when single adversary was shown, they conveniently took her out of the picture as Sauron did when he approached her from behind to drain her powers while she was relaxing leisurely.

For such reasons, her powers tend to seem relatively reduced to many people.

---Damage Level---
Unfortunately, she hardly ever uses the full extent of her powers, so it's difficult to evaluate her limits. She often uses her offensive powers at very reduced limits as she does not wish to kill. People have been heard to survive a lightning attack, but there are many different strength levels of lightning attacks as well as the size of them. She has been illustrated to create ones that would be more in resemblance of a static electricity shot, while others close to the width size of a smaller office building.

There is a substantial difference to hurricanes and a tornado. Hurricanes cover a larger area, but tornado are concentrated and therefore more damaging to the area it focuses. When she has showed the use of the power, it was often to use as a transportation means for her and her teammates, while other times just to shift a combatant away, but not destroy. Tornadoes are not as often used, but hurricanes have only been shown to be ineffective when a personal is defined as immovable (i.e. Juggernaut), or they do not follow the physical bounds of law to permit them to follow a different reasoning (i.e. Proteus at being pure energy).

---Flight, Reaction Time---
Storm isn't the fastest flyer, but the best classification is she is a dedicated flyer, and therefore extremely skilled at flying. Being a slower flyer hasn't necessarily been a hinderance for in many other fights, she has shown to use many tricks to be evasive. Reaction time is fickle, as in a fight, her attention is already devoted to her adversary and this should not be a problem, as she faced many opponents with extremely fast speeds before. She has often fallen prey when she was attacked unexpectedly (i.e. flying brood who attacked her after she rescued a damaged plane), but has not always been taken down at just purely fast opponents.

My main concern in a fast flying opponent is not just speed, but flight manueverability. We have seen countless times in comics where a fast speeder might actually overshoot/miss their target of an opponent who is much slower (i.e. Stinger evading and hitting a rushing Superboy). Other cases is mind reaction faster than overall speed, such as Gladiator being taken down by dubious clone Professor X who was only a few feet away. In a fight, Storm would be already aware of the intention of an attack and she doesn't need mental telepathy to know that.

Also on the side note, Thanos did not have enhanced foresight in the first offensive of Infinity Gauntlet, as his purpose to Death was to prove that he can win without the awareness, he became susceptible to sudden attacks such as Wolverine, or of course, Silver Surfer's surprise attack. He only regained his godly insight after his realization of his nearly fatal mistake.

Wonder Woman vs. Thor, Hulk, Juggernaut, Superman to Storm
----------------------------------------------------------
Two keys that they all have is a strong durability and super strength. This will therefore classify how they would be shown if they ever fight. Storm, however uses her storm conjuring in a fight like this and therefore wouldn't resort to physical fights against a heavyweight, unless it all comes down to that.

The difference to some of these other adversaries are this:

Thor has his Mjolnir that gives him a great advantage. This hammer has implanted with it many powers both in close and long distant ranges from teleportation, storm attacks, etc. And also, he's a true god.

Juggernaut has proven to be extremely durable and has only consistently be taken down through mental attacks - a thing that Storm cannot do.

Superman is not overall better in most categories such as strength and speed to Wonder Woman, but also he has x-ray vision to compensate for visual changes as mist and rain, and of course, he has an energy projectile through his eyes.

Hulk is strong, but he can only jump far distances. While in the air, he can be knocked out of course as shown many times, so he's not the best comparison as he lacks the versatility of the others.

Legitimacy outside of comics in an argument
-------------------------------------------
Comics are created by writers who sometimes change a character. However, bios and statistics correlate with the optimal conditions of all the different variations made by the writer, making them illegitimate sources. The Marvel Universe reference guides are a prime example, while Wizard is an evaluation of opinions and they have shown to be bias. Websites are no different.

radioboy121
The Fight
=========
I favor Storm in this fight, but never saw an easy win. I hardly ever in most fights see a one sided win. That always lead to bias if you simply ignore all perspectives.Wonder Woman is strong, fast and very durable, but this is not always key against someone like Storm, who's own versatility usually permits characters of other abilities, like projectiles.

Storm's lightning has since the beginning been debated. Other characters may have lightning-like attacks that Wonder Woman
could take, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are in equal terms. Just appearing like it doesn't mean it's the same (i.e. Sith lightning-like attacks are still being debated). Also, Wonder Woman can be classified as magically enhanced and magic vs. magic and magic vs. natural isn't always the same. Magik is a prime example of ineffectiveness on other levels. Also, Storm has hardly ever used this attack to the full extent as she doesn't necessarily want to kill.

Visibility problems has never been made clear for Wonder Woman here. Why shouldn't she have problems with a mist or rain downpour? She doesn't have Superman's x-ray vision. Tornados and hurricanes could possibly play a factor. Other than anomalies that are not warm blooded, people with a dedicated forcefield protection, people whose weight correlate with strength, or characters who can stabilize themselves while on the ground, Wonder Woman is in the air and should therefore be effected by these conditions. It was mentioned before that she could survive without oxygen for days, but conditions like Tornadoes change that time length. Example of this would be Wolverine who during the encounter with Tiger Shark, was underwater for an extremely large time frame (throwing a figure, maybe 20 minutes at least). However, when he was stuck in a air vacuum Speed Demon threw at him, he had problems with just a few seconds and had problems thinking in these conditions.

Freezing capabilities by Storm was to the extent that when she faced a mandroid (they fought with the Avengers even) that it basically collapsed and fell apart. This is far different than an encasement freeze as Omega Red or Captain America encapsulation, or Mr. Frost doing to Hulk as the freeze change is very dramatic.

There are other things possibly she could do, but I'm at a standstill. Regardless, the fight shouldn't be just so simple as a speeding punch by Wonder Woman. Those hardly ever work.

Draco69
A very valid arguement but regardless of your facts and opinions. The fact is that Wonder Woman would win. Storm's outmatched.

(You should be a defense attorney! smile )

Cosmic Cube
Storm would win. Wonder Woman's outmatched. She'd get fried before she could touch storm.

Your 'fact' is reduced to opinion.

K3VIL
Who's outmatched?You gotta be kidding me.
Wonder Woman has experience, centuries of experience, she has strenght, speed, reaction time, resistance far far above that of Ororo.She's nothing to her, if Rogue can beat Storm, WW can beat the living crap out of her.Only a fanboy can believe that WW can get defeated by Storm.She goes head to head with Mongul, with Thor in the crossover between AVENGERS and JLA, Storm is a low level Thor without the strenght, speed and durability of Diana.

Fanboy
Wonderwoman can beat Storm no matter what darnit.

Gamma Crush!
Is Wonder Woman vulnerable to electricity? Even if she is, one punch from her is enough to put Storm to sleep.

life is cruell
im surprised more storm fans havent posted anyway... ppl keep saying that lighting isnt gonna hurt someone who cna go toe to toe with the hulk etc. well corect if im wrong but hasnt storm *killed* the hulk by overcharging him with lightning and he was momentarily *dead* but she sent lightning to jumpstart his heart and also ppl say that this is practically storm vs superman which is besides the point but storm has control over the amount of sunlight an individual can recieve so she could make sure he got no solar energy but b4 she could even think of that he would have knocked her out at near ligthspeed

eleveninches
WW wins SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY easily.

stormfront13
i don't think it would be easy for either to win. ww actually has to toych her and storm doesn't so long as storm saty out of reach or hidden she has a chance. and yes lightning should affect ww. lightning can be over 1 million degrees due to the plasma so i could imagine it hurting her. it would be tough for either side to win

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by stormfront13
i don't think it would be easy for either to win. ww actually has to toych her and storm doesn't so long as storm saty out of reach or hidden she has a chance. Meh, WW can fly much faster than Storm. It wouldn't be too hard to get to her.

Originally posted by life is cruell
ppl say that this is practically storm vs superman which is besides the point but storm has control over the amount of sunlight an individual can recieve so she could make sure he got no solar energy but b4 she could even think of that he would have knocked her out at near ligthspeedSuperman could stay in a tent in my basement covered in sunscreen all day and still beat Storm. It takes longer than that for his stores to run dry.

stormfront13
yes so what if she can fly faster than storm?? she can still keep her distance by hurling cars and part of buildings at her. i'm sure a lightning bolt will cause damage to wonder woman seeing as the cheetahs claws made her bleed when she wasn't even trying.

stormfront13
i'm not saying storm will win and i'm not saying that wonder woman will win. i'm just sayng that people need to realize that it will be hard for either to win

Mainstream
wonder woman! wonder woman! she fights for human rights wearing Satan tights for the good old red white and blue.

Swanky-Tuna
yes so what if she can fly faster than storm?? she can still keep her distance by hurling cars and part of buildings at her.WW will fly through the cars and debris without taking any damage.
Was this in the comic or the cartoon?

pr1983
i'm not saying storm will win and i'm not saying that wonder woman will win. i'm just sayng that people need to realize that it will be hard for either to win

cop out... wonder woman would destroy storm...

brainchild81
WW would win, even though she's classically corny.

pr1983
i really dont see how this is a competition...

ww is way faster, way stronger, just as intelligent, and has been brought up as a warrior...

stormfront13
well storm can just give ww a heart attack at the beginning of the fight. but thats out of character by a lot. storm always holda back cause she won't kill. that is her biggest weakness sometimes. therefore giving ww the opputrunity to win. now if storm threa way all morals then i believe she could win. but thats a maybe

Swanky-Tuna
Honestly, I don't think she could be a DC character if weather effects slowed her down.

pr1983
well storm can just give ww a heart attack at the beginning of the fight. but thats out of character by a lot. storm always holda back cause she won't kill. that is her biggest weakness sometimes. therefore giving ww the opputrunity to win. now if storm threa way all morals then i believe she could win. but thats a maybe

no she cant...

ww moves at the very least twice as fast as storm, storm would be dead in seconds...

black robb
Originally posted by pr1983
no she cant...

ww moves at the very least twice as fast as storm, storm would be dead in seconds... i agree Storm doesn't stand a chance

stormfront13
theres aceleration. cn you give an example of when she starts out at top speed rightr away?? i have never seen it. and she can wrap w in an electro magnetic field as she did to herself and shinobi shaw in that comic called sedutcion of an x-man. i don't have the issue number right now but i will get it and post it for proof.

black robb
theres aceleration. cn you give an example of when she starts out at top speed rightr away?? i have never seen it. and she can wrap w in an electro magnetic field as she did to herself and shinobi shaw in that comic called sedutcion of an x-man. i don't have the issue number right now but i will get it and post it for proof. still losin though

pr1983
theres aceleration. cn you give an example of when she starts out at top speed rightr away?? i have never seen it. and she can wrap w in an electro magnetic field as she did to herself and shinobi shaw in that comic called sedutcion of an x-man. i don't have the issue number right now but i will get it and post it for proof.

you arent getting it... no matter how fast storm is, ww will be a step or ten ahead of her... she's a born and bred warrior... storm is not on her level, she never will be... (unless claremont decides otherwise)

Swanky-Tuna
theres aceleration. cn you give an example of when she starts out at top speed rightr away?? i have never seen it.Hmm... do you read WW comics?

As for the acceleration, her speeds comes from a kind of "offspring" of the speed force and she can reflect individual bullets so I imagine her acceleration is a bunch better than Storm's.

stormfront13
yeah i do a lot. and i have never seenher take of at top speed. i have seen her take off really fast but not as fast as she can go. storm also cao go very fast but she also just like ww accelerates very quickly. yes w is so much faster and strong and a batter fighter. if she threw out her morals then i bet she would stand a chance

pr1983
yeah i do a lot. and i have never seenher take of at top speed. i have seen her take off really fast but not as fast as she can go. storm also cao go very fast but she also just like ww accelerates very quickly. yes w is so much faster and strong and a batter fighter. if she threw out her morals then i bet she would stand a chance

storm with or without her morals is no match for wonder woman, even on a bad day...

stormfront13
well apparently she was a match for hulk. but still anyway i know ww will win but still am sticking up for storm just to clear things up

Swanky-Tuna
She wasn't a match for Hulk though. If Hulk can get back up from having no heart, I'm sure he'd get back up from having his heart stopped.

pr1983
well apparently she was a match for hulk. but still anyway i know ww will win but still am sticking up for storm just to clear things up

a match for hulk... oh f*ck this...

stormfront13
pr i know it was bullshit writing but it still doesn't change the fact that her lightning bolts can be really owerful

Swanky-Tuna
pr i know it was bullshit writing but it still doesn't change the fact that her lightning bolts can be really owerful
Do you think a lightning bolt would work on someone magically sustained?

stormfront13
maybe- this magically sustained has been cut by the cheetah before

pr1983
maybe- this magically sustained has been cut by the cheetah before

is storm cheetah? no...

edit: i never said her bolts weren't powerful... but this is ww...

hey cyclops' blast is really powerful... maybe he can take down superman?

stormfront13
but it proves that she isn't invulnerable and considering all the times i have seen her bleeding in toe comics lightning will have some sort of affect. and than anology doesn't mean anything considering all cyke has is his optic blast and storm has a huge arsenal

Swanky-Tuna
maybe- this magically sustained has been cut by the cheetah before You know... Cheetah is also magically sustained. By a random cat god or something.

pr1983
but it proves that she isn't invulnerable and considering all the times i have seen her bleeding in toe comics lightning will have some sort of affect. and than anology doesn't mean anything considering all cyke has is his optic blast and storm has a huge arsenal

you must be clinically insane... thats all i can think of to explain this...

ww... matches SUPERMAN... you know who he is right? big red cape? a giant 'S' on his chest...

this is storm, just another x-man... she's f*cked...

why?

she wont have time to cast her lightning... ww will put her six feet under...

Gamma Crush!
If Wonder Woman lands one good-strength punch, it's over for Storm. Lightining might affect Wonder Woman, but it won't put her down for sure. Storm's best bet is to evade Wonder Woman using the elements. Wind, fog, and giant hailstones may be enough to slow her down, but not by much.

Storm's chances are slim to none.

stormfront13
.ike i said ww wins but i am defending storm in this. and pr i have seen plenty of times where ww was bleeding or almost unconsious

black robb
maybe if Storm creates a rainstorm over dirt and makes mud they can mud wrestle
i know this doesnt help but if just want to see it

pr1983
and than anology doesn't mean anything considering all cyke has is his optic blast and storm has a huge arsenal

i love how you said it was all cyclops had, yet its enough to take down storm... which it did...

my analogy shows you how dumb you sound...
cyclops is to superman what storm is to wonder woman, completely outmatched...

.ike i said ww wins but i am defending storm in this. and pr i have seen plenty of times where ww was bleeding or almost unconsious

but not from storm... why are you sticking up for her if you've admitted she'd lose? wouldnt it be better to leave it at that and let the thread die?

Originally posted by black robb
maybe if Storm creates a rainstorm over dirt and makes mud they can mud wrestle
i know this doesnt help but if just want to see it

maybe if we're lucky...

stormfront13
no not really everyone makes it seem like storm is the weakest thing but really storm is one of the most powerful x-men and all storm has to do to cyke is blast him and he's done so its even. if www and storm were on a team they could take care or handle most things. storm is capable oif taking down ww but ww is more likely to do it first

Swanky-Tuna
and pr i have seen plenty of times where ww was bleeding or almost unconsious Well, yeah, after fighting people like Bizzaro who is as strong or stronger than Superman or people powered by gods like Cheetah. All of which could slaughter Storm by themselves.

stormfront13
i doubt the cheetah could take storm from what i've seen from her early days

Swanky-Tuna
i doubt the cheetah could take storm from what i've seen from her early days
Pre-crisis early days?

stormfront13
not sure haven't been abe to keep up with her- but when i first saw a few of her appearances she didn't seem like the strongest of people

Swanky-Tuna
Well, if she's on par with Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman can keep up with Superman for a while, she has to be packin' something.

stormfront13
well recently i saw her take flash out in a ww comic. so maybe not

pr1983
no not really everyone makes it seem like storm is the weakest thing but really storm is one of the most powerful x-men and all storm has to do to cyke is blast him and he's done so its even. if www and storm were on a team they could take care or handle most things. storm is capable oif taking down ww but ww is more likely to do it first

you arent listening are you?

nobody said storm wasnt powerful... not once...

you just assume because we think someone would beat her that its a reflection on storm, its not...

i could slap ww around if she let me... capability has nothing to do with it, its a fight, ww wins 10 out of 10...

stormfront13
but others have said that storm is weak so ww wins. they make it seem like it is the easist fight in cmic history which its not

Swanky-Tuna
but others have said that storm is weak so ww wins. they make it seem like it is the easist fight in cmic history which its not
It's no Green Goblin vs Silver Surfer but it is a pretty easy fight.

Va N E L L A 13
They say she is weak, because that is what she seems like in comparison to ww.

pr1983
Originally posted by Va N E L L A 13
They say she is weak, because that is what she seems like in comparison to ww.

exactly...

storm is powerful in comparison to other x-men...

ww is in the jla... one of the most powerful hero teams in existence...

the x-men arent at that level...

stormfront13
imo she is not weak and if she ever let her powers loose she would be in the same league as wonderwoman. she can kill people with a mere thought and she chooses not too fortunatley. what i am saying is that if storm ever ket go and threw out all morasl then she wouldn';t be weak compared to ww and may be a match for her. storm is oine of the most powerful x-men when she holds back extremley so imagine how powerful she could be if she cut loose

Swanky-Tuna
How would she match WW? Seriously. Do you think Storm could take Juggernaut if he could fly and move as fast as Quicksilver (super-sonic version) with the MA and tactics of Cap?

Va N E L L A 13
Your putting alot of if's in your statement, which means they currently aren't facts. She doesn't let go, so she wouldn't win, and that is why she is considered weak in comparison to ww.

pr1983
imo she is not weak and if she ever let her powers loose she would be in the same league as wonderwoman. she can kill people with a mere thought and she chooses not too fortunatley. what i am saying is that if storm ever ket go and threw out all morasl then she wouldn';t be weak compared to ww and may be a match for her. storm is oine of the most powerful x-men when she holds back extremley so imagine how powerful she could be if she cut loose

dude... thats bullshit...

she doesnt hold back as much as you claim she does... the x-men are second tier in marvel, always have been... storm is nowhere near ww's level, whether she cuts loose or not, its just wishful thinking on your part...

Mindship
What is not being acknowledged here (unless I missed it somewhere) is this: for all the power and abilities Storm can bring to bear in a fight, Wonder Woman got in the first blow, and with a kick to the head, yet. With near-Superman-level strength, Storm's head should've exploded like a Gallagher melon or gone streaking off her shoulders for the stars.

Lord, and if I had a dollar for everytime someone claims "He/She was holding back," I'd be able to hire Gates to wash my feet.

frusty

meep-meep
WW

Metalmanx
Hahaha!! Is Stormfront13 trying to argue for Storm?

Maybe we should start calling him stormfront8888. Just a suggestion.

Wonder Woman. Without getting up from her beach chair and without dropping his pina colada.

The Ion
Reading this thread from Page 1 was certainly....amusing to say the least. I guess the opinion of WW has come a long way.

xmarksthespot
Heh.. I just read it too. Funny stuff.

well apparently she was a match for hulk. but still anyway i know ww will win but still am sticking up for storm just to clear things up Originally posted by pr1983
a match for hulk... oh f*ck this... Classic.

Wonder Woman. Easily.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Hahaha!! Is Stormfront13 trying to argue for Storm?

Maybe we should start calling him stormfront8888. Just a suggestion.

Wonder Woman. Without getting up from her beach chair and without dropping his pina colada.

no, if you had read the thread, i said storm was losing and wonder woman could beat her before storm could react, some people just made it out to be storm was a weak character

Metalmanx
No, I pretty much read what you've been writing. You said that unleashed she would be in the same league as Wonder Woman. Which, like previously stated, is complete bull.

Don't get me wrong. Storm is uber powerful. But even her full wrath couldn't do as much damage as Wonder Woman can.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Metalmanx
No, I pretty much read what you've been writing. You said that unleashed she would be in the same league as Wonder Woman. Which, like previously stated, is complete bull.

Don't get me wrong. Storm is uber powerful. But even her full wrath couldn't do as much damage as Wonder Woman can.

yes

Hey what up MM I've noticed we've never really talked but, I've always been meaning to tell you I like your sig. wink

Metalmanx
Originally posted by LethalFemme
yes

Hey what up MM I've noticed we've never really talked but, I've always been meaning to tell you I like your sig. wink

Heh, why thank you. I already told you actually, but I really like yours, too.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>