obi wan vs vader/anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bantha_poodoo
First time posting. Kind of experimenting. However, so I dont waste everyones time....

I have a theory about the vader/ obi wan duel...or possibly the reason behind vaders turn to the dark side.

Its Luke.

Obi wan has Skywalkers son, as all force sensitive babies go to the jedi, and Anakin wants him back, because he obviously isnt interested in doing the jedi thing anymore.

Anakin will continue spend the next 3 movies looking for Luke. Happy Dance

yerssot
then you think he knows he has a son, which he doesn't

it's only after ANH he realises he has a son

Sith Master X
Yes, Vader is obsessed with finding Skywalker, it's part of the Emperor's plan for Vader to capture Luke before he becomes a Jedi. They know Luke is powerful, and remember what the Emperor says in ESB "The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi."

bantha_poodoo
no way.

anakin knows padme is pregnant. he goes and tells her hes going to mustafar. thats how padme knows to tell obi wan. the pic of her crying in the blue dress is supposed to be after he leaves, and shes clearly pregnant in that pic.

this is info ive gathered from this site.

of course he knows about luke

yerssot
even IF he knows she's pregnant (and Trish said in the HS chats that the clothes are made to hide her pregnancy), he certainly does NOT know he has a son

darktim1
that is true plus I heard padame tells anakin that she has miscarage .

guiro72
I was always under the impression that anakin knew he had a child (but not 2)......

This is a very interesting theory....i like it....

however, everything i have heard up to this point leads to the twins being born after the duel on another planet....

darktim1
yep and then padame dies from something that is still mystery some say it is cause of force choke.

wolfdraven
I hope they have Padme dying by a force choke it would be good way to go. From cinematic point that is.

bantha_poodoo
padmes clothes are made bigger to hide her pregnancy because her marriage to anakin is a secret.

shes hiding her pregnancy from the jedi. from the senate. not anakin.

J-Unit
When Vader Believes That Padme has Died Then He Probably Thinks The Child Also Died!!!

Unholly_Cheese
..wat?

captainmidnight
NO,the duel is not becouse of luke in ep3 it boils down to betrayal and in a new hope its revenge,anakin doesnt have any idea of his offspring in fact i think he is told by palpatine that padme and his offspring have perished,he doesnt know of luke until he is shot out of control by han,as they destroy the death star,right?

bantha_poodoo
the duel being about luke is just theory that is probably wrong. but the topic seems to be shifting towards wether or not he's even aware of luke.

and that simply amazes me.

in EMPIRE, the emporer tells him, "the son of skywalker must not become a jedi". vader doesnt flip out. he doesn't say "huh?son???" he's well aware of the fact that he has a son.

so there are those of you who think that this discovery will happen off screen? that he wont be well aware of luke during episode 3?

c'mon. get serious.

Master Kadub
I am not sure Palpatine is 100% sure Anakins son is alive until ESB....
and I know he doesnt know of Leia...

But Anakin is always aware of Luke; but I dont think he is aware of Leia....even before the twins are born....

Anakin can always feel Padme in the force......

Luke is always the focal point of the OT, then Lucas does this flip and wants to go back.....so Anakin/Vader is always aware of Luke......he just doesnt know where Luke is located....

captainmidnight
i disagree KADUB only becouse in anh,luke is present with obi-wan,yet he only feels the presence of obi-wan,when he takes his tie fighter to kill the remaining rebels on the death star is when hes aware of luke do to his power with the force....

darktim1
yeah when he flies up to luke in a new hope he says the force is strong with one and right after that he blows R2 up.

bantha_poodoo
technically...he says "i feel a presence i have not felt since......." then he walks away. he COULD be talking about luke. although i truthfully feel he was talking about obi wan. and he does later say,"there is a disturbance in the force, the last time i felt it was in the presence of my old master."

but he COULD have been talking about luke

COULD have...maybe

we jut dont know

Master Kadub
When ANH was written, Lucas didnt know where he was going with the story.....
things changed from the originally lay out.......
But true, it is not certain who Vader was talking about
exactly in ANH....
But in ESB, Vaders statements were strong and focused to
Luke "I am your father" Vader was confident not guessing...

Darth Cain
Anakin knew Padme was with child, of course. But from the way it sounds, he is told that she's dead and as far as he knows, so is his child. As for his reaction in ESB, to him, Anakin is gone (from his comments in ROTJ). He has seperated himself from his past which is why he doesn't flip out.

jedi90
starwars.com gave an explaination a long time ago about this issue. i don't know if its still on their web page. it said that vader didn't know he had a child by ANH, but during the attack on the deathstar he knew the pilot was a force user. it wasn't until after luke blew up the deathstar and became famous that vader found out the name of the pilot to be luke skywalker.

Master Kadub
man....these threads.....they keep getting so confusing......

Jedi90

thanks for the come back....
we mentioned that same thing earlier in another thread....
stick out tongue

Rico31
I don't believe Anakin knew padme was carrying his child. It could be that Anakins lack of self control, anger & hate cause's an argument with obi and a fight ensues. As Yoda says to luke "hate is the path to the dark side" ninja ninja ninja

guiro72
i don't know how ANYONE in the entire film could not notice padme was pregnant....and it looks like there might be a morning after scene in there somewhere.....what, does he think she's just letting herself go a bit lately?.....

Darth Cain
Actually, Anakin would be one of the few people who would know. Padme is wearing gowns that disguise her condition, but that is to hide it from others, not her husband.

Maybe Anakin's misguided actions are partly influenced by the impending arrival of his child. He thinks he's doing right but is tragically off the mark.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.