REX's Game -- DARK-SIDE (Brith, Gundark, queeq, Ki-Adi Gallia)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
On the barren, remote world of Tutalo, Dark Jedi have arrisen and taken hold of the capital of Tutalo, Chu-Jung, and the spaceport in Chu-Lok. The Dark Jedi lead thousands of red and black armor clad troopers called Death Commandos onto the planet and are taking Tutalo by force and enslaving the Tutalone inhabitants.

A few weeks ago, your leader, Master Rex, penetrated the weak defense of the harmless Tutolone palace in Chu-Jung and assasinated the Senator, Kashi (Kaw-shy) Heebo'cci (Hee-bo-see-kee), and made an attempt to capture the king, Jade Mon'lerp, but he jumped out the window and scaled the wall.

The Dark Jedi are now on the hunt for Jade. Since the Tutalone have a high amount of technology, they crafted a small, palm-sized cloak that can cloak the king for only a week. Until the time is up (which is in 2 days), the Dark Jedi can only find him by sensing his mind.

After they succeed in returning with Jade (dead or alive) to the palace, they have another objective: destroying the city of Chu-Huang.

Master Rex, Steerpike, K'yrrah Crowmia, and Fenring watch from Rex's quarters as Suanmi Kuan-Ti and Vale Dray lead the soldiers marching from the city to Chi-Huang. "We shall crush the city with vigilance. The Rockies will be able to invade the mountain city and communications will be cut off. With Suanmi and Vale on the job, I'm sure of it," says Rex, watching the soldiers intently with his large red eyes. Behind them, a pirate, Quizec Vilbl, talks to a few commandos that are going in assault speeders.

Ushgarak
"I'm sick of these people," says Steerpike. "With their gadgets and their fancy doodads. I think we should have their leaders beaten to death with clubs. And where is Brith (hint hint, Rex...)?"

Captain REX
"Brith is down there, working on a few of the speeders. He's our mechanic in a way. Why do you hate our soldiers? With them, we wouldn't be able to even take over this city!"

Captain REX
(Okay, here's the deal. Gundy and Suanmi are going to lead the troopers to Chi-Huang. Gundy will try to kill the "mayor" of the mountain city, which sits right in the mouth of a volcano. Brith will join them in a speeder shortly. If queeq, Ush, and KAG find Jade in time, they'll join you.)

(Queeq, Ush, and KAG will head for Tobet Valley. There they will search for Jade. If they succeed in finding him and return with him (dead or alive), then they will go help Gundy and Brith invade Chi-Huang. Rex will remain behind, but will send with you one of his elite troops, a Mandal soldier named Yazi.)

Master Rex looks upon the field again. "It shall be a great step forward for us, even if you hate the armored soldiers."

queeq
"Hm", Fenring says as he steps back from the window and takes a seat.

Gundark
"With an attack force this size everybody in Chi-Huang's gonna know we're comin', " Vale mumbled to herself. The troop carrier than she and Suanmi rode in wobbled a bit. Must be a bad stabilizer... she thought. Vale glanced sideways at the Shi-Tien. His green eyes stared back at her. Aliens didn't bother Vale much, but she loathed cannibals and the Shi-Tien stunk.

Ushgarak
"It's not our men I hate. It's the inhabitants of this damnable planet!" Steerpike adjusts his mask.

Brith
"I'm sure the feeling is mutual, Steerpike." said Brith from the doorway. He walks over to Master Rex. "The last speeder is ready. Do we have any news about the forces that are currently in Chi-Huang?"

Ushgarak
"Ha! Some fat mayor and his toy-obsessed minions! We are wasted on people like this!"

Brith
"Toys that can kill, Steerpike. It would be best if we know what defends the city before our attack rather than after."

Captain REX
"Nothing new from Chi-Huang, except the mayor is sitting in his office as usual. They haven't arrived there yet." Master Rex turns to Steerpike. "They have toys that can kill. But, they are a very peaceful people the Tutalone. They have forgotten how to use their weapons, for the last time they used them for war was back during the fall of the Sith Army. It shall be a easy victory."

Suanmi glares into Vale's mind and face. "I'm not that cannibalistic," he says, grinning and licking his lips. "I only like the taste of Ewok flesh. Quite good when deep fried." He yellowish brown teeth are disgusting and his breath smells of carrion. He casts off his outer robes, revealing a dark tunic much like a Jedis tunic. His lightsaber is on his belt as well as a lightdagger and a knife. "I wonder what the Tutalone taste like..."

Brith
"As we have no further news, and with your permission, I shall take a speeder to do some reconnaissance before our army arrives."

Captain REX
"You may, just be stealthy. You may be off," says Rex, dismissing Brith. He turns to the others around him. "You'd best be off too if we want to find Jade. Remember, he is cloaked for the next few hours. Try to sense his mind. I'll send with you Yazi, one of my guards. Yazi!"

Yazi steps through a door. He is clad in Mandalorian Armor, but it is black and grey. "Yes my lord?" he asks. "You shall go with K'yrrah, Steerpike, and Fenring to Tobet Valley to search for the King of Tutalo. If you succeed, you must reach Chi-Huang to help the invasion force. Do I make myself clear?" orders Rex. Yazi answers with a nod. "You will take a squad of speederbikes. Or you could walk 30 miles."

Brith
Brith leaves the room and heads back down to the speeder bay. He scoops up some binoculars and a sun visor before jumping into a small, open top speeder and heading off in the direction of Chi-Huang.

Ushgarak
"Right, Fenring..." says Steerpike. "Are we off to find this invisible ponce, then?"

Captain REX
"Oh, you'll be able to find him, even with his cloaking device. You have the Force. You'll be able to sense the energy from the device. From the fear in his mind." Rex grins, his red eyes glinting and glowing with malice. "Now be off. I want this invasion to be successful. With the king captured or dead, it'll be an easy victory."

You all walk out of the chamber with Yazi following behind. You all hop on speederbikes in the garage and the whine of the engines fills the air. You all sense fear coming from the canyon. You dismiss it only to be animals scared by the noise. Then Yazi jumps up and soars with his jetpack off to the field. You guys follow after him on the speederbikes, which are armed with blasters and grenade launchers. They aren't slow whatsoever.

Gundark
Vale stared evenly back at the Shi-Tien, hate in her eyes. "I'm not interested in your dining habits, Suanmi. Once we destroy Chu-Huang you and I are parting company." She turned back to the viewport and grinned wickedly, thinking of Konut's feet. Just the night before they had been having another sparring match in the main hold on his ship as they frequently did. Lightsabres had clashed and sparked and Konut had finally succeeded in forcing Vale against a bulkhead. She feigned surrender and attacked with renewed vigor, but Konut had Force-flung some loose cable around her ankles and she fell to the floor. Hiding the fact that she was furious with him, they spent half the night thrashing heatedly in the bunk they occasionlly shared in his cabin. After he had fallen asleep, she snuck out of bed and slashed off the toes of his boots with her sabre. He was angry enough with her the next morning, but the spare pair he found in a locker were too small and she knew his feet were killing him. Vale chuckled to herself, oblivious to the quizzical look the Shi-Tien gave her.

Brith
Having longed since passed the army, Brith stops his speeder to check a map of the region. He examines it carefully, looking for an observation point that can be reached with a speeder. He also wanted a place that would have the sun behind him while he spied on Chi-Huang. Having found a candidate Brith throws the map back in the speeder and puts on his sun visor. For a second he wonders if resistance in Chi-Huang willbe as light as his Master had promised. Then he jumps into hisspeeder and heads off towards the city.

queeq
"Well, Pike... we might as well. But I've got to get me some decent boots. These are killing me." Fenring mumbled. He had almost killed Vale for that joke he 'd pulled on him. But he'd have his revenge, as they both had in their playful pranks and counterpranks. He realised Vale's frustration was justified, he'd gotten the better of her again...as usual. "If only she realised how much I was holding back" , he thought with an inner smile. Even this "joke" was already avenged, the jungo bugs he'd hidden in her brah were about to hatch...

Ushgarak
"So, the Tobet valley..." says Steerpike. "Anyone have any idea what the weather there is like? If it is raining there is no way I am going in an open-top speeder!"

queeq
Fenring holds out his hand. "Feels dry to me.... let's do the open top and start cruising. And do stop by Baggano's Boot shop please. My feet are killing me."

Ushgarak
(I assume KAG is with us)

Steerpike gets into the speeder.

"Do we know anything about this infernal invisibility thing of his? If we, in theory, picked up a pair of industrial paint sprayers on our way over, do we think they will help uncover him?"

queeq
"Sounds cool, dude." Fenring replies as he puts on a pair of sun vizors. "Maybe we should bring some sheets as well. To throw over him I mean. You know, if we hit him, his shape will show."

Ushgarak
"We are going to take these people's King, spray paint over him, throw a sheet over him, and then cut his head off. I cannot think of a greater way to humilaite any planet.

"Now, why could I POSSIBLY be so gloriously excited by that?"

queeq
"Because, dude", Fenring said as he sat down next to Steerpike, "We're BAD." Fenrings points to the horizon and says "Hit it!".

Captain REX
You zip away from Chi-Jung on your speederbikes (not landspeeder). Yazi follows behind you on a dark grey, sparkling speederbike. Before you get too far from the palace, you hear a deafening howl. Yazi looks towards the canyon. "That sounded like a Wookiee! Hmm..." he says. "Let's move on!"

Soon you reach the dry (duh!) valley. Tobet Valley has rolling hills that would have been a beautiful, lush green, but during the invasion of Chi-Jung and Chi-Lok, a battle erupted in the canyon (which you passed over on a bridge) and in the valley. The smell of rotting, scorched flesh is everywhere, and wreckage is everywhere. Crashed Tutalone ST-1 Fighters and the Invaders' Twin Engine Repulsor Fighters (TERF) are piled high, along with assault speeders from both the Tutalone and the invaders.

queeq
"Wow... major carnage. Check it out." Fenring removed his sun vizors to have a clearer look. "But not really place for a king to hold, let's move on, dudes."

Ushgarak
"Why IS the King in this valley anyway?" asks Steerpike. "All this dust is bad for my skin..."

Captain REX
"That's why I have armor," says Yazi. "Check a few of the junky speeders. He could hide inside the piles of junk, and he was around during the battle. He went missing towards the end. Check the dead for a rustic red tunic or cloak. That, or try to sense his mind." Yazi runs over to a pile of junk and starts to melt a hole in it with his flamethrower.

Gundark
Vale pointed out the viewport. "There's Chu-Huang."

(What's the set-up here, Rex ?)

Captain REX
"Chi-Huang is in the mountains. We might find a few resistances along the weigh, so you won't starve...I mean get bored," says Suanmi.

(set-up?)

queeq
"Can't have that", Konut Fenring replied. " I think I'm gonna try to get a tan here." he said as he leaned back. He lanced over to Vale and saw the first stirrings of the juno bugs under her clothes. With a sneaky smile he put on his sun vizor and turned his face towards the sky.

Brith
Higher up in the mountains Brith had reached his vantage point. Parking the speeder out of sight of the city Brith scrambled up a rocky slope until he reached the crest of a ridge overlooking Chi-Huang. Lying down on the ground, Brith took off his visor and looked through his binoculars to the city below.

Ushgarak
Steerpike stays silent, as he tries to feel for the presence of the King.

queeq
"Any luck yet, Pike?" Fenring asked without looking up or opening his eyes.

Gundark
(Heck I didn't realize we were all together in one vehicle...I thought we were split up in two groups ! )

Rex.... ????

queeq
(hmmm, now I'm confused as well.... Anyway, the juno bugs ARE hatching. evil face )

Captain REX
(sicko. And we are in separate groups. Vale and Suanmi are heading for Chi-Huang, which they are very close to, Brith moved ahead of them to scout, and the rest of you are searching for the king.)

Yazi is searching the speeders and dried mud for footprints or signs of camp, when suddenly a zap of blue energy hits him in the back. He trys to escape with his now deactivated and ionized jetpack, but soon he is under heavy fire from an invisible force. Two Tutalone guards jump from behind the trees, and are holding rapid fire KL-7 rifles. They are long guns, and have short lightsaber bayonettes on the ends.

Captain REX
Vale and Suanmi are now very close to the city. The caravan is now heading up the side of the dormant volcano. 3 Tutalone guards, dressed in rustic red and green armor, fire at a few troops with pistols, but are vaporized as soon as the trooper controlling the turret on a speeder sees them.

Brith, your job is to reach the controll tower to the gate. Since it's a battle being fought on the planet, it is heavily guarded. The Tutalone, tall, orange-skinned, spindly creatures with large blue or green eyes, are peaceful, but can be dangerous. They are armed with weak pistols, a projectile shot gun that launches beetles that bore into skin and thin armor, weak ion cannons, and KL-7 or RT-9 submachine guns with lightsaber technology bayonettes on the ends. The KL-7 fires quickly, but the RT-9 has two barrels and two triggers and fires 10 lasers in 2 seconds.

Captain REX
*BUMPING!*

Ushgarak
"I can't feel a thing..." says Steerpike. "If only that bloody King ever got angry I could feel him..."

Captain REX
Yazi it getting poked and prodded by the bayonets, when he fires of a few shots, killing on of the Tutalones. A surge of hate flows from the king's mind. And, after Yazi fires a missile, you can see a figure standing amidst the smoke. It is transparents, but the smoke is distorted and so are the flames. You can clearly tell it's the king. "GET HIM!!!" Yazi yells before the other soldier yanks his helmet off and stabs him through the head with his bayonet.

Gundark
"As soon as Brith gets that gate cleared, we're going in fast."

Captain REX
Suanmi jumps off and ignites his saber. He rushes in with a few soldiers that have started blasting away the walls. Suanmi comes running back when the watch towers start shooting down the troopers. "The Tutalonesess are getting on my nervess," he says. "Those watch towerss should have been taken out by now."

Brith
Brith studied the city of Chi-Huang below him. Although there were few guards, the city was protected by a vast fifty foot stone wall. Brith looked beyond the wall towards the control tower that controlled the main gate into Chi-Huang. That seemed easy enough to get to - once past the wall. Fifty feet was too high for Brith - if he stood at the base of the wall he could never make that jump. However, in some places the slope of the volcanic crater came quite close to the wall. From higher up on the slope Brith reckoned that he could make the jump. Putting away his binoculars he pulled his sun visor back over his face and began to move towards the city, keeping low in order not to be seen.

Captain REX
Suanmi is angered now, but quickly runs to kill a Tutalone, and comes back with a bloody finger. He gnaws on it and tosses it aside. "Tutalones don't taste good! Why are we invading this planet?"

Brith, be careful, the Tutalones have 20/20 eyesight or better.

Ushgarak
"Such a shame..." says Steerpike, casually. He jumps out of the speeder and twirls his sabre around a few times. He then reaches out with his had and attempts to use the Force to yank the King backwards, off his feet.

Captain REX
The manuever is successful. Jade falls over, and, although still cloaked, you see his figure hit the dust. Fenring kills the soldiers, then takes a can of spray paint from his pack. Steerpike takes out a sheet. Fenring leaps onto the struggling form of the King, and begins to spray him with red paint. When he's done, the King is blood red, and then Steerpike throws the sheet over him and ties it up.

(I'm refering to this)

("We are going to take these people's King, spray paint over him, throw a sheet over him, and then cut his head off. I cannot think of a greater way to humilaite any planet.

"Now, why could I POSSIBLY be so gloriously excited by that?"wink

Ushgarak
And you know what? I AM gloriously excited!

"Let's cut his legs off," he says. "And then promise him his freedom if he can run to the city."

Captain REX
(This is too funny, but you have to bring the King before Rex alive. Maybe I'll let you torture him with tasers and then you can cut his legs off, and then his head!)

Ushgarak
Ah, it was only a joke anyway...

"Let's get this fat lump back home..." says Steerpike.

Captain REX
Steerpike and Fenring get in the speeder and begin their way back to the city.

After speeding around for awhile, they reach the bridge across the canyon. They see that something has happened. Soldiers are dragging away the dead, and the lieutenant comes up to you. "Three Jedi attacked our squad. We managed to kill two. But one escaped. We think he is in the city. Your Master is waiting for you."

Brith
Brith had picked his way down the slope of the crater towards the city. It had taken him longer than he had anticipated. Brith had been forced to take a very indirect route in order to stay in cover and avoid being spotted by the guards but now he felt he was close enough to make the jump onto the top of the wall. Brith prepared himself from the leap. He waited until his instincts told him that no-one was watching and then launched himself forward and lept into the air. For a couple of seconds Brith was airborne, and then with a dull thud he landed on the parapet of the wall. Quickly he dropped down to the walkway below. Staying crouched he looked around for any guards.

queeq
"Our Master? Cool, where's the dude at these days?" Fenring replied bemused..

Captain REX
(to Fenring)
"He's waiting in the throne room," replies the soldier. "But he's locked himself in with some...guests." With that, the soldier walks away.

(to Brith)
You slyly walk along behind the tables, because you have jumped down into the now empty market. No one has walked here except guards for weeks because of war. Suddenly, two soldiers turn the corner.

(to Vale)
The parade of soldiers waits in front of the gates, for the soldiers have closed themselves in. "The Tutalones must come out soon, very soon," says Suanmi. "We must take the city intact, but if we must, we'll launch a few rockets. Nice rockets..."

Brith
Brith waved his arm and a heavy power unit on one of the tables flew at the first guard. It crashed into his head, sending him reeling back into the second guard. As the first guard fell unconscious to the floor the second guard staggered to one side and tried to regain his balance. Brith closed his hand into a fist and the second guard started to choke. The guard was dead by the time Brith had walked over to him. Stepping over the body, Brith glanced round the corner to see if there were more guards ahead.

Captain REX
Brith turns the corner and sees about 10 guards, but they are fighting with troopers. All you have to do is rush in, help kill them a little, and then jump out of the fight to the watch towers' power generator. To disable it (or destroy it), use either your lightsaber or the proton bombs you were equiped with.

Fenring and Steerpike walk through the palace. They soon come to the door of their master. It is bolted closed, and they see two people run down the hall as if in escape. Two Mandals then come to guard the door. Gabe and Rhat'th are their names.

Brith
Brith ignited his lightsabre and ran forward into the fight. He ran up behind one guard and cut him down as he passed him. Brith kept running, but another Tutalone blocked his way and tried to bayonet Brith in the stomach. Brith blocked the attack with a semi-circular parry, and then flicked the tip of his blade up into the soldier's chest with a half lunge. Brith spun around and was forced to deflect a volley of fire from a couple more guards before he sent them crashing to the ground with a force push. Brith did a standing back flip, landing near the power generator for the watchtowers. Moving quickly, Birth plunged his lightsabre deep into the generator. With a satisfying bang the generator went offline, and the power to the watchtowers was cut.

Captain REX
The rapid fire machine guns on the watch towers cease their flow of lasers, and sparks fly from the generator. The computer screen in the towers and in the generator control room read critical and turn blurry. Brith has fulfilled his part of the mission, and now enters the fray. Suanmi and Vale, who are now at the back of the caravan, see Brith and signal that they are coming to his aid.

Gundark
Vale contemplated the discarded finger as Suanmi licked his lips. Disgusting, she decided, yanking her lightsabre from her hip, following him towards Brith. She still felt the sensation of the juno bugs across her back and wiggled her shoulders. She had leapt from the transport into the jungle weeds when she realized what was happening under her clothing. Suanmi had thought she had gone mad. Vale had stripped herself to the waist and rolled around in the damp grasses until the bugs were gone. Damn you Fenring..... she grumbled to herself. Just wait until we meet up...

Captain REX
The soldiers begin fighting. War cries of the Tutalone host that approached from the other side of the city rose into the air, and the Death Commandos began their advance. They chucked a few proton grenades into the air, into the host, and the explosions made pockmarks everywhere. Suanmi leaped into the fight and began slashing with his lightsaber, biting with his teeth, and scratching with his claws. He used Force choke to choke the life out of the soldiers, and even ignited one or two with Force Fire. Sparks leaped from his hand and onto the Tutalones, which howled in pain from the heat before the Commandos shot them.

Soon Brith, Vale, and Suanmi met in the middle of the battlefield. "We must make for the capitol building. Their we must put an end to the ruler here," says Suanmi. Your goal is to reach the capitol building and get past the guards inside the walls. You don't have to be stealthy, but it will be a bit easier if you are. All though the soldiers have infiltrated the outer wall, there are three other walls. They have no watch towers, but they do have soldiers and gates.

Gundark
"How about using one of their own personnel ships as a decoy to get through ?" Vale suggested. She pointed to a empty transport hovering nearby. If they don't need a code clearance for the gates they can be duped into letting us right through."

Captain REX
"No, won't work precious! Gates not open for silly Dark Jedi!" Suanmi says a few times, but Brith and Vale hop in the hovercar. Suanmi joins them and they rush through Gate 1 and 2. But at the last gate, however, there stands a short figure, which almost looks funny from here. He does have lightsaber, which he ignites. The green glow reveals it is Yoda from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. "Pass you shall not!" he says.

Gundark
Vale stood with Brith and Suanmi at the gate, her lightsabre clenched tightly in her fist. Jedi she sensed immediately, but the power of the Good Side in this small unassuming creature astounded her. She immediately reached out further with the Force...there had to be more of them around. Damn Jedi.

Captain REX
And there were more...many more. About 10 more Jedi stepped out of buildings, alleys, and landspeeders. Mace Windu took his place beside Yoda and Ki-Adi-Mundi joined them. But, as the Jedi charged, they ran right past you. Then, for some reason, they flickered out...holograms. But then what was that sense of the Light-side of the Force you felt?

Ushgarak
"Damn it, who are you people?" says Steerpike, disdainfully.
"I demand admittance!"

Captain REX
(Where are you Ush? Your not with Vale and Brith, your at the palace!)

Ushgarak
(I am meant to be seeing my Master, but there is a locked door oin my way! So I am yelling at the guards)

Captain REX
"The Great One told us to leave him alone for a bit. He's busy with some guests."

Inside you can here the hum of lightsabers igniting. You also hear it down the hall where those people ran.

Ushgarak
Steerpike turns to Fenring.

"What the hell is going on?" he says.

Brith
Brith jumped off the speeder.

"If the Jedi are resorting to using tricks they don't feel strong enough to face us. If we stay together they can't hurt us."

Captain REX
It's not the Jedi's tricks. It's the mayors. He asked to make a hologram of the Jedi Council for protection, and it worked for a second, but not against you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.