Duck Tales - whoo ooh!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
Man, the MOVIE of Duck Tales was on yesterday, I'm 20 years old, and I HAD to watch it!

I haven't seen it since I was like 7, and it was great to see it again, I was amazed at how I still felt familiar with all the characters. Then there's the theme song - which I somehow still knew the words to. Odd.

Oh well - anybody else remember Duck Tales - or any other equally old/nostalgic cartoons like Tailspin or Rescue Rangers?

ragesRemorse
Yeah im right there with you man. It is great to get in touch with your kid again every ounce in a while.

Mortanius
I used to watch Duck Tales all of the time. I also watched Dark Wing Duck too.

Red Superfly
Dark Wing Duck, hahahaha, I remember that.

Beyonder
Duck Tales
Dark Wing
Tales Spin

ChickinMeat
I always used to watch duck tales, i even owned some of the videos.

always remember the title screen where the one with the hat dives it his moey stash, now i realise that would hurt immensly.

midnightshadow
I used to watch Ducktales, tailspin and rescue rangers. i went to disneyland last year and just had to get chip and dale! i also used to have the ducktales movie. dont know what happened to that actually. bugger! need to get that back. roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin that doesnt make me sad does it? embarrasment

ChickinMeat
i had the duck tails game on the original gameboy, that game was excellent

vagaryatwill
That and the one on the original NES was awesome.

sonofasaiyan
I was about 9 when I saw it and now I'm 20. It would be nice to see it again.

manchichirtchit
oh, sh!t, duck tales... another part of my childhood buried under all these visa bills...

Red Superfly
Join me, my brothers:

"Life is like a hurricane, here in, Duckberg
here in Duckburg!
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes - it's a Duckblur!
Y'might solve a mystery
or rewrite history.

Duck Tales, a-oo-oo!

Everyday they're out there making Duck Tales! A-oo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!

D-d-d-danger, watch behind you - there's a stranger out to find you,
What to do? Just grab onto some Duck Tales, a-oo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making Duck Tales! A-oo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
Not pony tails or cotton tails but Duck Tales, a-oo-oo!

Beyonder
Disney should get cracken on these old t.v. series and format them to DVD:

Duck Tales
Darkwing
Tales Spin
Rescue Rangers
Gargoyles

badsymbiote
Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Darkwing, and Tale Spin all had essentially the same voice cast. Tress MacNeille, Corey Burton, Peter Cullen--all fabulous actors--and all of them were really good shows.

OK--everyone. Your favorite characters...
For me, I have to say that in RR--I loved Monterrey Jack and Gadget, nut I can't remember what the little dragonfly guys name was. Oh, yeah--Zipper! It's all coming back to me now.
Duck Tales--Scrooge, of course, and Launchpad M'Quack
Darkwing --Launchpad again. Can't remember the girl's name or Darkwing's alter-ego's name...help me out...
Tale Spin--Baloo, Kit Cloudkicker, Rebecca, and of course, Wild Cat.

I hadn't though about these shows for years--thanks, Superfly.

Tex
OMG! I grew up on those shows!
Does anyone remember the line-up?

It was Rescue Rangers, Tail Spin, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Disney's Goof Troop, and I forget what else! thumb up

NyC-gUrL
DUCKTALES eek!

this brings back memories blushing

Ive got all the episodes on tape embarrasment

Red Superfly
Who remembers Gizmo-Duck?

He was that loser who came across that crazy robot suit thing with the wheel instead of legs, and he used to say something like "Blathering blatherskite" and he'd turn into Gizmo-Duck?

And talking about Rescue Rangers, all I can think about is that fat mouse who would smell cheese and go insane.

Red Superfly
Also speaking of these - why can't they make cartoons like these anymore?

Count Duckula
Real Ghostbusters
Ninja Turtles
Trapdoor
Rescue Rangers
Duck Tales
Tail Spin
Thundercats

I also idolised Spider-Man.

These were all GREAT cartoons. Cartoons like Count Duckula and Ghostbusters even had a smartness to them. All the smart kids watched Ghostbusters put it that way.

Nowadays, cartoons are awful. When they aren't making cartoons based on merchandise, trying to copy the success of Transformers, they are re-vamping older cartoons like Ninja Turtles.

I can say with pride I used to watch Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles, Duck Tales and so on.

My youngest brother, however, has trouble when thinking about childhood TV shows he loved and watched RELIGIOUSLY because they were so amazing.

He watches my collection of TV shows instead.

I think it's a shame, to be honest. Talking about old, forgotten TV shows is something that everyone enjoys doing - TV shows today are dumbed down rubbish. Most of the good stuff (X-Men Evolution, He-Man remake, Justice League) is for teenagers. There's no good stuff for the under 10s

Beyonder
Pokemon SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaventheOnly
Duck tails rescue rangers and dark wing duck rocked hard ... blink i never new the words to the song then.... and not now blink .... i had to have seen every episode at least once blink .... God i hated Goof troop and tail Spin though messed

linwe_felagund
That was Scrooge McDuck... Man I loved Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers. The cartoon now a days really suck... Bring back those good ole cartoons Tom and Jerry, Looney Toons, Duck Tales , and so forth!!!! rolling on floor laughing

ChickinMeat
well there is a spin off (if thats the phrase?) of tom and jerry at the moment, its the tom and jerry kids. cant say if its any good or not i havnt watched it.

Linkalicious
A SEA MONSTER..................ATE MY ICE CREAM!!!! eek!

Shadow_King
i remeber this i think i had 2 movies one about the druid duck and one i think where he goes back in time to the jurassic era.

Jackie Malfoy
That show is funny!It is still on tv on one of the channels!
Forget where and we have some old taoes that my mom and dad bought me when I was little.
(Starts to sing the main song) Everyday that I been watching Duck Tales!JM Happy Dance

Azure
Originally posted by Beyonder
Disney should get cracken on these old t.v. series and format them to DVD:

Duck Tales
Darkwing
Tales Spin
Rescue Rangers
Gargoyles thry did for Gargoyles, Ihave them smile

lord krondor
How about Maya the Bee?! That show was the epitome of awesomeness.

djmdma
Blathering Blatherscites! I Remember Gizmo Duck! Yeah His armor and wheel would fly in and attach themselves on him from out of no where. Lanch Pad was the Shit always crashing the plane. I'm 22 years old but I remember all the good episodes. Thanks you guys rock thanks for the memories. I feelin teary eyed
Remember Dino The Last Dinosaur
He's my friend and a whole lot more LOL!

InnerRise
Nostalgia City anyone?

God I miss these shows along with other stuff in my life back then.

It's of mixed feeling of whating to go back and living that all over but still not wanting to live through your life all the way back to this point again.

Anyway I really miss that point in my life.

And for that person that said Pokemon suck, they don't.

Another good show was "Captain Planet".

"Captain Planet, he's the Hero, gonna take the losers down to zero......"

is it comprehensible.....

JustOwnin
I remember Duck Tales it was a great show! so was the Gargoyles. The one show I didn't enjoy watching was, Captain Planet. Maybe I just didn't like "Mati" the power of heart? Worst cartoon character ever....

InnerRise
Yeah he was my least favorite Planiteer. But i still liked him non the least.

is it comprehensible.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.