MOVIE Doctor Octopus vs MOVIE magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Seeing as this is a comic book movie discussion regarding two MOVIE characters, who do you think would win?

JuggernautFan
i'd vote for doc ock, unless magneto used his bubble to turn him into some kind of stretching fish monster that turns into water.

DarkCrawler
Huh? Magneto can control metal. Weren't Movie Doc Ocks tentacles metal?

JuggernautFan
in the movie, they cant be controlled by the magnetics of his experiment. no reason to think that magneto could do it either. especially after witnessing how powerful the magnetic pull of the energy ball was.

DarkCrawler
Ok.

Tron
In the movie Doc Ock's arms were impervious to magnetism, which is why he used them for his experiment in the first place, otherwise they would've been sucked in to the energy ball along with every other metal thing around. Regardless, I'd go with Magneto. Even he can't use his power on Doc Ock's arms, he sure as hell can use him power on everything else around him.

Tron
*His* power, my bad.

badsymbiote
First--I have to say, Tron, that I LOVE your avatar!!! Starscream id my very favorite Decepticon of all time!!! Very cool.

Second--the answer is Magneto, of course. That's a no-brainer. In the movie, the tentacles may have been immune to the effects of magnetism, but Magneto need not attack the tentacles. He could drive a sharp, metal object into Ock's body, just like anybody else, or lop his head clean off with a sword, or any number of other things. of course, for Ock's part, I have to say that he demonstrated alot more speed in the movie than I would have imagined, so there's that proverbial "feather in his cap".

Nataku8188
Magneto all the way. If it was in the city he could just pull pipes out of the ground and impale ock, or use street signs, lamp posts, etc. Doc Ock could bat them away, but not fast enough.

Tron
My point exactly. And thank you.wink (My Tron avatar wouldn't fit, so I went with Starstream, lol.)

JuggernautFan
i still stick by doc ock, i thought he was pretty devious.

Kontraz
magneto wins, no contest...

oh, and tron.... your avatar is good... mine is better... smile

badsymbiote
Soundwave: superior, Constructicons: inferior. Ha! Placed the quote under your av! Pretty good, huh?
Soundwave is a close second in my book. Smart is so sexy. Even in a sentient robot

Tron
You know what? I'd argue that one, if I didn't agree, lol. Damn Soundwave. Always plotting against the Decepticons. YES he's plotting, he's just so damn good that not a soul knows yet, not even people reading the comics or watching the cartoon.

badsymbiote
Even Megatron thinks he's undyingly loyal...all part of his plan, I'm sure.
You know--that makes him no better than Starscream, then. wink

Tron
I was just joking about Soundwave, or was I? Hell, you never know what Soundwave's hiding behind his unquestioned loyalty and monotone voice.wink

badsymbiote
Then, I don't have to tell you that Soundwave and Megatron are voiced by the same man--genius voice actor Frank Welker.

Tron
Nope, I didn't know that one. That would make Soundwave more evil than I thought now wouldn't it? wink

Anyways, I think we've gotten away from the subject matter, lol.

Evangel94
Stay on topic.

Ironman 66
magneto

ragesRemorse
movie magneto fit comic magento's personality yes, but other wise he was old and decrepid,and diddnt appear as pwerfull as comic mageneto. However, magneto would destroy dock ock before he even had a chance to realize what happen. If magneto can tear the adamantium from Wolverines skeleton and through his flesh, then dock ocks, adamantium tentacles would be no match.

Kontraz
Wanna talk Transformers, just try to find MY transformers movie thread (which is buried somewhere) and lets revive it :P

about magneto tearing apart doc oc.... oc's tentacles arent effected by magnetism, so that wouldnt work... or would it? If you watch the movies closely, magneto doesn't use just magnetism, he just controlls all forms of metal AND magnetism...

Blade Cutter
If there were standind next to the power ball magnes powers would proble be canceled out you get a hole south pole nourth pole thing going I don't thank even the words most powerfull mutant can stand up to the power of the sun.But other then that all magneto has to do is make some some balls like on X-2 to small for doc oc to hit away and push the throw his eyes and body twenty times over end of story.But the tentacles hit magnes after he was died seing the on the movie they had a mind of there own and killed a room of Doctors wile he was knocked out and one hit from them and old movie magneto is no more.In a strate up fight Magnes wins this one.Oh damn it's been a long time since I have came to this site I forgot all a bout it.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, i was going by comic standards or what not, but as the films go, then shit i'm bewildered on who would beat who, as for comics, well magneto is always breaking new grounds in his abilities, but yeah he can controll all thing's metal. Unless they have some kind of charm, or unforseen power protecting the said metal.He may not be able to tear the tentacles from ocks body as i previosly said , but he could still without a doubt gain controll over his tentacles, and use them through his will. Picture that, ock being pummled to death by his own tentacles. i mean wow, now thats a death man

Into the Void
Magneto, movies, comics, or otherwise. Magneto does NOT control metal, he controls Electro-magnetism, and all related energies. It doesn't matter if Doc Ock's tenticles are not affected by magnets, seeing as it is matter, and all matter is made of positive and negative particles(protons, electrons), Magneto can control them. Controlling electro-magnetism isn't just some bullshit power, electro-magnetism is one of the 4 fundamental forces of nature itself. How many characters can control an actual fundamental force of nature? I can only think of one other. A cookie for anyone who guesses who that is.

manjaro
is it Storm?, but NE way i dont think that is entirley the case. MAgneto controlls magentism, yes, but electromagnetism is a related energy of plain old magentism.

Paola
Storm?

spyrokinesi35
heh,heh that's like asking magneto vs. iron man, hence the name IRON man, and doc ock with the TITANIUM tenticles (oops, I almost put something besides tenticles)

Into the Void
No, it isn't storm, keep guessing. She controls complex forces of nature here on earth(wind, rain, etc), the 4 fundamental forces of nature are universal. I'll give you a hint, the 4 forces are Gravity, Electromagnetism, and Strong & Weak nuclear forces.

Electromagnitism is NOT a "related energy of magnetism". It's actually the other way around. Electricity, magnetism, heat, and small amounts of gravity, and more, are all actually by-products of electromagnetism.

Paola
no I give up....

Into the Void
There's a thread on it here somewhere, Magneto is in it as well, I may have given it away already.

badsymbiote
TRON HAD ALREADY TRIED TO RE-DIRECT THE FLOW OF CONVERSATION BACK TO TOPIC PRIOR TO YOUR SUPERFLUOUS AND BITCHY POST.

SO TO DEMONSTRATE MY CONTEMPT FOR YOU AND YOUR UNMERITED SUPERIORITY COMPLEX, I'VE DECIDED TO REVIVE THE THREAD...

JUST BECAUSE YOU STARTED A THREAD DOESN'T AFFORD YOU THE LUXURY TO BE SENSELESSLY RUDE.

"BACK TO TOPIC"

Wynndar
i thought that doc ock in the movie was pretty impressive...he seemed a little more vicious and destructive than the tactful but very old and slow magneto...anyone know if they plan on putting the story where magneto reduces his age in X-Men 3?

Paola
no director for X3 so far so no idea no

Into the Void
Alright, the answer is Graviton.

Dr. Joke
Doc Ock can snap Magneto in two!

YourBiggestFan
Magneto!, pulls up 20 something cars... piles them up into 1 big ball, drops it ontop of Doc oc.. i mean Magneto wont even be hit by Doc Oc since he will be "flying"(you know what i mean) so Doc Oc cant even hit him in the first place,

Havoc470
movie magneto cant pile up 20 something cars, and he's about 20 to 25 years older than movie doc ock

doc ock's tentacles are resistant to magnetism, so i think doc ock takes this one

Kontraz
actually, what you said here helped prove what i meant by movie magneto controlling metal, not electro-magnetism. Remember the plastic prison? Yeah, if magneto had half a brain, he would have magnatized the plastic. Sure, its difficult, but it can be (and has been) done. That's why i'm thinking that movie magneto can only control metal, vs the comic magneto which controls magnetic fields.

Havoc470
they arent going to take electro-magnetism to that extent, sure its one of the 4 fundamental forces of nature but comic books arent going to take it that far, comic book wise i have never seen magneto control other things besides electro-magnetic fields or metals, and if there is i wanna read it

polaris controls electro-magnetism also

and if you wanna get technical storm would be able to control electro-magnetism also, seeing as she's used lightning which to a certain extent deal with electro-magnets

YourBiggestFan
Errr he can't? lol you did see him stop the plane in the X-2 movie right? at max speed falling down, he stopped it with "1 hand" WITHOUT much trouble, you probably forgot about this scene as i can tell by your reply, Magneto takes this one hands down.

Havoc470
it took him a while to stop the plane, and he only took full control when it was about 10 feet away from smashing into the floor, in case you forgot about the scene where he had to pull the metal door out in the weapon x base, it took him alot of power to rip it out , by the way he doesnt need to use his hands to manipulate metal

the plane wasnt going max speed, he fixed the roof and then brought it down real shaky

Kontraz
yeah, good point. But still, from a logical standpoint, if magneto was trapped in a "plastic bubble", you'd think he would be smart enough to effect the plastic anyway. I mean, what else is he gonna do all day?

oh, and i think he's lifted people up by the "iron in their blood" (though that isn't actual iron anyway, so giong by that, he could control the ocean because its full of salt Na+CL-, and Na is metal...)

Havoc470
i think that was a kind of pun, he didn't mean actual iron, mystique's syrum was silver like metal so it was just something made-up to get the plot going

Cosmo Kramer
Actually one of Magnetos great points is he can magnetise objects, so yes (even though they are ammunealready) the tentacles would soon become magnetised.

Havoc470
i've never seen him magnetize objects that arent metal

Cosmo Kramer
He has because he creates and controls any magnetic field in a certein radius from the Earth, thats where he gets his powers you know. The Earths core and the atmosphere or something. I think his powers get screwed up though if he goes to certein parts of the planet where the magnetic field gets mixed up alot, like the Bermuda Triangle. Then again he can screw around with energy fields himself. Besides if he got really angry he could just tamper with the Iron in Doc Ock's blood and stop his heart or something.

YourBiggestFan
dude he still held the plane up there, what stops him from picking up 20 chars? i know he doesnt need to use his hands, but he does it anyways, like i said, Doc Oc will get destroyed here.

Cosmo Kramer
exactly

Mr Bumper Thump
Bump smile

gogogadgetgo
blink why?

K-Dog
This prob belongs in the movie vs. forum.
Anyway, it's gotta be Magneto cuz he broke off and lifted the Golden Gate Bridge. How's Doc Oc gonna deal with 10% of that kind of power?
Even if we give Doc some superhuman durability (cause he took some punches from Spiderman--PIS) and consider that it was perhaps out of character for Magneto to crush all his enemies as fast as he probably could have in the movie, he still wins easily.
Magneto was able to fly to a limited degree so he can go up in the air and hover to nearby metal in case he starts without anything nearby to use as a weapon.

Bouboumaster
Magneto drop the Golden Gate bridge on Octopus ftw

Mshinu
Mags drops a bridge on Ock

Lord Feron
The arena was not specified. If Magneto can't manipulate his surroundings he would have nothing to work with. Then again I guess he can take off his helmet (which might be metal) and just form it into some kind of blade and kill doc ock. But barring that if magneto is in a area where there is nothing to manipulate then Doc ock rips his ass in half.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Lord Feron
The arena was not specified. If Magneto can't manipulate his surroundings he would have nothing to work with. Then again I guess he can take off his helmet (which might be metal) and just form it into some kind of blade and kill doc ock. But barring that if magneto is in a area where there is nothing to manipulate then Doc ock rips his ass in half.

Even movie Mags could fly or at least levitate out of reach.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mshinu
Even movie Mags could fly or at least levitate out of reach.

Really I thought he had to have metal under his feat to "fly."

Mshinu
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Really I thought he had to have metal under his feat to "fly."

Guess he wears metal reinforced boots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.