Thanos Vs. Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayson
Though i generally detest the whole Vs. question, this one has always interested me. who would win in a fight between these two? i figure it's to close to call, i'd like to know what you guy's and dolls think. smokin' beer ninja pirate raver rock rock

Mane
Darkseid. if Thanos has no Infinity Gauntlet.

jayson
yeah mane. that's what i was thinking. but thanos is hard core holly in the man o' man fighting stakes. so i still wonder.

Mane
dude Darkseid held his own against Doomsday easily. i definietly think he could beat plain ol' Thanos.

jayson
ya think? i've seen thanos go on like an intergalatical gangster in many a comic. i read, though! for the first time kirby original new god's and darkseid is the vilians villian. i thought loki was a badass but he has nothing on darkseid.

DarkCrawler
What about when Thanos stopped Thor's hammer in midair? Did he have his Gautlet then?

Either way, I believe that Thanos wins.

jayson
Thor is my favorite character and i think he had the gauntlet on but i'm not sure.

Linkalicious
Thanos stopped Thor's hammer....along with the projectiles of many other Earthly super heroes while wearing the Guantlet.

He only had the Guantlet for 6 whole comics....can we please refrain from including it in the arguement. Christ, he defeated Eternity with the guantlet...Darkseid would be no match.

Without the Guantlet, the current Thanos would still be a match for Darkseid. Both are extremely powerful, and both are extremely durable.

Beyonder
Thanos. As for Darkseid beating DD, Doomsday ripped his back after Dorky turned his butt on the beast. Thanos also fought Odin and Tyrant. Who'd Dorkseid fight that's that impressive?

manjaro
when it comes to real heavy weights like Darksied,Galactus, Tyrant etc. Thanos only has a guaranteed victory if he has the guantlet, cosmic cube, or THOTU. other wise it would be the fight of his life

spyrokinesi35
well what about super buu vs the hulk?

Beyonder
manjaro

when it comes to real heavy weights like Darksied,Galactus, Tyrant etc. Thanos only has a guaranteed victory if he has the guantlet, cosmic cube, or THOTU. other wise it would be the fight of his life

laughing
Darkseid is a heavy weight? OH I get it, you mean fat don't you? He is a bit chubby looking in a lot of portrayals.

Thanos stalemated Odin and took Tyrant's best blast. Stop bringing up the Infinity Gauntlet and other artifacts cause he didn't need them. If a fight does not specify such a thing, then it's not involved in the fight.

- Thanos himself fought Tyrant and Odin.
- Went toe to toe against a Warrior Maddness Thor with the Power Gem.
- Fought his clone who was twice his power level, created by an Infinity Gauntlet weilding Magus.
- Physically fought Hulk, Thing, Thor, and Hercules during the Infinity Wars.
- Stomped both Thor and Thing in his early appearences.

Orion has given Darkseid a run for his money in fights. Thor or Silver Surfer > = Orion in power. Thanos occassionally beats their asses.

Alpha Centauri
"dude Darkseid held his own against Doomsday easily. i definietly think he could beat plain ol' Thanos."

Yes but don't overlook the fact that Thanos would make boot shine out of Doomsday. Thanos is the man, he's take out just about anyone if he wanted to. You can't restrict him by saying "If he doesn't have....". That's what Thanos does, he guarantees himself the win by using whatever he needs to get the job done. Thanos wins in my opinion.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Thanos I'd go for. If they were fighting, and I was betting on Darkseid, I wouldn't be confident.

Krissy Von Doom
Would the Omega Effect have an...effect on Thanos? I know Death has 'banned' him from her realm hence can't be killed. Or would he go to Oblivion instead if zapped?

Linkalicious
In the Marvel vs. DC comics that i have (#1 and #4) Thanos is looking for Darkseid. He's beating the living daylights out of Lobo, calling him nothing more than a lackey of Darkseids.

I'm having #2 and #3 shipped to me as we speak...so I'll tell you if they got into a tussel before #4. Actually I'm going to go search the net, because I KNOW these guys have fought before.

I saw a Darkseid vs. Galactcus comic book that i'll probably get. But don't mistake Darkseid's power. He can't be anywhere near Galactcus' strength. The comic is probably about Darkseid trying to steal Galactcus' powers...

Tron
I thought it was about Galastus coming to eat Apokalips. That's why it's called THe Hunger right? Or something like that anyways.

crazyspinz
isnt darkside the dc counter part of thanos???

Tron
Actually, the other way around. Darkseid came before Thanos. Some people say he's a Darkseid ripoff, while others say he's Darkseid done right.

Wynndar
Doomsday is not at all on te same level as Tyrant or Odin and Thanos did ver well against both of them, WITHOUT THE GUANTLET....thank u

wrathofachilles
I don't know much about Darkseid, but Thanos is a god. He beat the hell out of the Silver Surfer plenty of times; I never saw him fight Thor, but since he's a god too, that would be a good match. I agree the Infinity Gauntlet question is pointless as Thanos defeated every cosmic being and made Mephisto *the freaking devil!* his *****. How did they eventually beat him anyway?

Thanos wins against Darkseid.

JuggernautFan
i think something should be said about odin vs. thanos...... have you people actually read it???? i think thanos just gave a testament to the high level of -durability- rather than power, just by surviving. he was in no way a match for odin. he just took it...... even then just barely. odin was all around more powerful.

JuggernautFan
after eternity challenged thanos and lost, thanos abandoned his flesh and took the place of eternity as an abstract being, that embodies the whole of the universe. then some ***** pulled the gauntlet from thanos -flesh- body. a mistake he allowed to happen. he allowed the heroes to win

spyrokinesi35
well, thanos can take thor and thing simultaneously and still hold his own but darkseid can hold out his against superman as well, so it can go either way

wrathofachilles
He allowed them to win huh? Boy Marvel sure does know how to screw up a good crossover. Kind of like the Onslaught thing and Spider-Clone sagas.

crazyspinz
thanos would totaly own darksied, and about thor and thing or superman, thor is basicaly as strong as supes, and thanos would absolutely own thor, he has like weekly surfer beat downs, and surfer>thor

HarmonicFlo88
Nate Grey owns all except thanos w/ infinity gauntlet

Mane
no. he doesnt.

heres the list of the Marvel Universe Hierarchy again (i grow weary of this...)

1. The Heart Of The Universe
2. Living Tribunal
3. Infinity Gauntlet
4. Death
5. The Infinites
6. Eternity/Infinity/Galactus (full power)
7. Oblivion
8. The Celestials
9. Franklin Richards (full power)
10. Master Order/Lord Chaos
11. Chronos
12. X-Man (full power)/Onslaught (full power)
13. Love/Hate
14. Eon
15. Epoch
16. Chton
17. Stranger/In-Betweener/Oshtur/Agamotto/Hoggoth/Galactus (normal power)/Dark Phoenix
18. Ego the Living Planet
19. Dark Gods/Elder Gods
20. Eternals
21. Korvak
22. Shaper of Worlds
23. Beyonder
24. Phoenix Force
25. Hyperstorm
26. Dormammu/Shuma Goroth/Franklin Richards (normal power)/X-Man (normal power)
27. Demogorge the God Eater
28. Set/Cyttarok/Atum the God Eater/Demiurge/Gaea
29. Pheonix
30. Molecule Man
31. Odin/Zeus/Zuras/Shaman
32. Asgardian Destroyer
33. Pantheon of Gods
34. Kubik
35. Mephisto
36. King Thor/Thanos/Hulk (full power)
37. Beta Ray Bill/Adam Warlock/Silver Surfer/Morg
38. Thor/Drax/Gladiator/Terrax the Tamer
39. Captain Universe/Quasar/Gabriel the Airwalker
40. Dr. Strange
41. Genis-Vell/Blackheart/Loki
42. Vision (full power)/Ghost Rider (full power)
43. Super Skrull/Annahilus/Blaastar/Black Bolt/Firelord/Apocalypse
44. Atleza/Holocaust/Nova/Nimrod/Ultron/Mandarin/Cable (without virus)/Abomination/Champion (on earth)
45. Magneto (full power)
46. Juggernaut/Hulk (normal power)
47. Magneto (normal power)
48. Professor Xavier
49. Jean Grey
50. Cable (with virus)
51. Namor (in water)/The Thing/Colossus/Iron Man/Wonder Man/She-Hulk/Doctor Doom
52. Scarlet Witch/Warbird/Rogue/Emma Frost/Psylocke/Namor (out of water)/War Machine
53. Vision (normal power)/Ghost Rider/Vengeance/Spider-Man/Venom/Carnage/Deadpool
54. Captain America/T'Challa
55. Wolverine/Sabretooth/Daredevil
56. Elektra/Black Cat/Iron Fist/Blade/Punisher/Black Widow

crazyspinz
where did u get that thing mane?

wrathofachilles
Why do I consistently see so many 'Surfer>Thor' comments. That's ridiculous. Surfer is powerful no doubt about it, but Thor is a god. Surfer's main powers are cosmic blasts and travelling at the speed of light. Thor has energy blasts and much more. Surfer has lost to plenty of heavyweight fighters, Thor would be another one.

wrathofachilles

Mane
you obviously know nothing about Silver Surfer. Silver Surfer's powers are limitless. he can do virtually anything he wants to with the Power Cosmic. if he wanted, he could rearrange the molecular structure of Thor's brain and render him a vegetable

I wrote it. i think its pretty accurate.

wrathofachilles
Really. He has that ability does he? Since when, because when I read Surfer comics back in the 90s he didn't have such power. He could do some serious damage when he was angry, but he was also consistently whipped by virtually every other cosmic being he fought.

Mane
yeah he really can. SS with the Power Cosmic has virtually limitless possibilities. kinda like Magneto, the Darkness, or Green Lantern.

wrathofachilles
Then things have changed since the 90s. He had the Power Cosmic then, but he didn't ever utilize or attempt to utilize such a power. Even against Thanos.

JuggernautFan
well kinda........ its actually a good story. but in the heart of the universe series "the end", it was revealed that thanos had let them win subconsciously. just the same that he defeated the multi verse and destroyed it, but brought it back......

wrathofachilles
What is wrong with Thanos? He lets Marvel win, he lets Warlock win, and any time I've ever seen him fight the Surfer, he wins, but doesn't really do any permanent damage to him. Then on top of this he lets the heroes defeat him when he's omnipotent? Is he a masochist or just bored out of his mind?

One thing I've always hated about comics is that like in soap operas, people don't just kill other people. There's always a way to come back.

wrathofachilles
Speaking of Heart of Universe, Mane listed it as most powerful being. Who is this and how did it originate?

Mane
its an object. if you obtain it, it basically gives you the powers of The One Above All. Thats how Thanos destroyed the universe in The End.

wrathofachilles
Man have I been out of it. When did that happen? And if Thanos keeps destroying the universe, don't you think someone would figure out to trap him in some sort of void or something rather than simply 'killing' him if he's a consort of Death?

Linkalicious
Oh christ!

Who the hell is claiming the Silver Surfer to be Thor's superior?

Cosmic Power or not, Silver Surfer cannot defeat Thor...FACT! Thor beat the living crap out of the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and Adam Warlock. Granted he had some warrior madness going for him, but it wouldn't be much different than when he's just really angry.

Thanos wouldn't "totally own" Thor, but he would definitly beat him in the end. You've got a powerful tactician vs. a guy who says "I am son of Odin" ever 3 cells...

Thor's writers should fall off the face of the earth/

Paola
leave Silver Surfer out of this

Beyonder
In Blood & Thunders, Thor was nuts while everyone else was trying to HELP him, NOT beat his ass down. His anger seemed to make a big difference since he was kicking the crap out of a group of people who were either a small notch below him, equal to him, or above him in power. Then later he got ahold of the Power Gem.

Thanos WOULD OWN Thor PERIOD!

Tyrant > Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Jack Of Heart, Terrax

They barely scratched him. Thanos lost but kicked Tyrant around and even pissed him off.

Odin knocked Surfer out with one shot. Thanos fought to a standstill. Thor would've just been bitchslapped the way Surfer was.

wrathofachilles
Thanos owns everyone, that's not a fair comparison. Thor still outmatches he-whom-Elektra-does-not-want-named any day of the week.

wrathofachilles
I mean he-whom-Paola-does-not-want-named

Evangel94
Thanos...would have to deal with the omega beams. That's what edges it out for darkseid in the end.

wrathofachilles
Why would they edge it out for him? I don't know much about Darkseid, but I know Superman has withstood the omega beams as has Doomsday. Thanos is certainly on their level.

Evangel94
Because you don't know much about Darkseid, it's not best to judge based on two occurrences in which you fully aren't familiar with.

wrathofachilles
Boy you are a little snot aren't you lol. Perhaps you didn't understand the 'why would they edge it out for him' part: reflecting my lack of knowledge in such an area and a request to obtain that knowledge. Are you always such a pain in the ass?

Tron
Sometimes, but she'll grow on ya though. wink

wrathofachilles
ohhhhh, 'SHE'? Ok then, that's different, lol. Yeah I noticed the 'angel', but I also noticed 'evan' so I wasn't sure, lol.

Linkalicious
He's a he idiots....try looking at the profile. wink

Mane
youre all confused. it isnt "Evan" or "Angel". Evangel is short for "Evangelist". we have Robert Tilton in disguise on the KMC forums.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

crazyspinz
i have to clear this up, paola fogive me,

surfer and thor did go at it once, and it was realy realy close, thor went like crazy or something so surfer tried to stop him without hurting him, and thor was going all out, thor did win, but surfer wasnt trying to hurt thor, and it was a close fight, so if they went all out surfer would win

paola forgive me

wrathofachilles
Well he said she was a she, so if he's a he, then...oh who cares.

Surfer would not win. Surfer rarely wins anything. Besides, Thor is practically unbeatable when he gets all 'Odinforce assist me' on his enemies. At max power for both, Thor wins.

Paola
no need of that.

if you need him to make a point clear, go ahead, just don't use Surfer or any other character too much, 'cause it'll look you're changing topic.

crazyspinz
ok, sorry

LawbringerALNM
This debate is pissing me off.....

I admire both Thanos and Darksied, but Thanos would definately win this one.

You have to remember, Thanos was cursed with Immortality by Mistress Death, therefore his curse is that he can never see Death again.....duhh..meaning he cannot die.

If Darksied were to use his Omega Effect on Thanos, Thanos would probably disintegrate for a few seconds, and end up rematerializing since Death will constantly reject him.

Darksied and Thanos I beleive are both on equal physical strength, and in terms of cosmic power, that can be infinately debatable. However, we have seen Thanos "molest" Galactus (lol- in one of his series, where he tried to find out his secrets in his mind), constantly bully Marvel's equivalent of the devil, Mephisto, harass and make fools of the Elders, including the powerhouse known as Champion, WITH his power gem, rule a Universe, bring the Universe to near destruction several times, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

Come on people, be realistic. Thanos takes this one. Whether or not you like Thanos, or Darksied doesn't determine the outcome. Thanos has grown through time more wise and more powerful, he is truly a force not to underestimate. Underestimate him, and that can be the end.....

Besides his immense physical and cosmic power, remember his intelligence and ambition. Darksied doesn't impress me to the amount Thanos does.

grey fox
Originally posted by LawbringerALNM
Thanos has grown through time more wise and more powerful, he is truly a force not to underestimate. Underestimate him, and that can be the end.....

Besides his immense physical and cosmic power, remember his intelligence and ambition. Darksied doesn't impress me to the amount Thanos does.

.....While Darkseid seems to have gotten weaker and weaker to the point of being supermans *****.

Avalonofthewind
Thanos can die, he has stated this already a couple of times.
Omega effect will make short work of him.

TheKahn
I'd go with Darkseid on this one, despite the fact that I like Thanos more as a character. You got to remember that this is a guy who goes around killing entire pantheons of gods for fun. Also aside from being able to teleport Thanos into a black hole, his omega beams could erase him from existance which may not be the same as killing Thanos.

Mider
hmmm no one looks up any of Darkseids feets these days

Thanos tried mess with galactus's mind while Darkseid controlled an entire planet of superman level beings

Thanos cant teleport under his own power while darkseid can and more then that can teleport others with his omega beams anywere he wishes, also he has moved entire planets from there positions to places he wished them to be.

thanos is cursed by death, the omega beams dont really need to kill him just erase him meaning he wouldnt go to MU deaths realm but to oblivion. only reason the Omega beams dont work on superman is cause he is protected by the source.

Strenghth wise Darkseid i believe is stronger the orion who is said to be stronger then superman how would he not be stronger if he can fight WW, superman and others AT THE SAME TIME.

He defeated a guy who could beat orion and all his guys by himself, when darkseid met up with him he kicked the crap out of him

darkseid killed a lobo clone by turning into stone i believe superman level indurance i believe and a amazing healing factor i think

he killed a superman level daxamite.

mentally controlled the weather

the lords of order and chaos are scared of darkseid and the gaurdians of the universe once waged war on him and had to back off cause Darkseid and his forces slaughtered thousands of GL's

Darkseid can bar others from the dimension

thanos has been defeated in physical combat, all those worthless loses to superman have been reconned as being avatars of darkseid or a fake darkseid while its said that the real darkseid cannot be defeated in the physical realm.

his omega beams can destroy a planet and have hurt guys like the spectre.

so do i think thanos wins NO thanos cant teleport unaided, or time travel or do half the things that darkseid can or has done.

you wanna talk endurance? Darkseid has taken a blast that could destroy a solar system and didnt really care about it

and when he did get hurt by doomsday he stated he wasnt at his optimum power level when he did get back up to his optimum power level he quite easily defeated cyborg superman

and for all of you who claim that doomsday is a weakling he can kill energy beings, he has defeated the entire JLA, he has defeated a mother box powered superman and wave rider, is immune to psychic attacks by manchester black whos mind powers are on par with the Martian Manhunter. He destroyed impriex probes easily while it took superman training and a long drawn out battle just to defeat ONE drone.

Femi32
When were Superman's wins against Darkseid retconned?

Mider
it has been changed to say that superman has defeated AVATARS of darkseid but not darkseid himself or not even avatars but fakes like desaad in disguise anyway its said that the real darkseid cannot be defeated on the physical plain. and even if they were not avatars the pre-crisis darkseid would own thanos.

CaptainStoic
This fight to the character in their respected universe, if Darlseid decided to visit Marvel he'd get mugged and vice versa for Thanos. DC writers are full of contradictions, one week Superman is this the next he's that, one of the reasons I've liked Marvel more, but bac to the subject in question, Darkseid was mauled by Doomsday end of discussion. Superman had his hands full with Thor in the recent JLA/Avenger cross over I really doubt Superman would have been able to take on the Thing and Thor, Thanos when faced against both opponents slapped Thing once and was all over Thor who was nearly koed... Thanos is completly Immortal he can not die despite what the writers have stated in these comics they were mistaken, the official Marvel Universe handbook specifically states that Thanos is immortal he can't die even if dispersed, so if Thanos and Darseid did indeed fight in Thanos' universe Thanos would get the victory, I would imagine that Darkseid would shoot Thanos with his Omega effect turning Thanos to ash, once thinking Thanos was dead turning and walking away, Thanos would then reappear and attack him from behind fight over, and this is assuming that the Omega effect would work in Thanos, what about Thanos' energy for or his psychic blasts? so this is my argument, in the Marvel universe Thanos wins in the DC universe Darkseid and Thanos win...oh you ask how can they both win? well Darkseid would kill Thanos on his turf giving him the win, but at the same time Thanos would win as well because he would be exactly where he always wanted to be, and thats with DC's version of Death.... Stalemate.

Juntai
Darkseid was mauled by Doomsday end of discussion.

-- That was an avatar. Not Darkseid. Basically a figment of his imagination. Oh yah, and Darkseid killed Doomsday right before that. He just happened to get back up a few minutes later.

Darkseid also cannot die, and is essential to the universe, without him the universe unbalances and erases.

RUNMAN
I pick Thanos in this fight. Although both fighters undeniably have subconscious issues with respect to universal domination and what have you, I feel that Darkseid's I-have-a-kickass-power-but-why-can't-I-kill-dumber-and-weaker-opponents-like-Superman-complex just might do him in.

I believe Darkseid has bitten off more than he can chew here. Now, let's just put away the whole "but he was single-handedly beaten by this one hero once" crap that I know is going to start flowing. Both of these titans have had their moments in the realm of the badly written. Most recently, Thanos was beaten by the Odin-powered Thor, whilst Darkseid, on the WB animated series, got a nice spankfest courtasy of a P.O.'ed Superman. And these are, again, the most recent examples. It's not easy to be an impossibly powerful would-be galaxy waster when the people who write you are switched every two years and have deadlines to meet....

Oh, yeah, the fight! Well, we basically have two godlike beings squaring off here. However, if you notice, every time Thanos shows up, he has some magical jim-jammy thinga-ma-jig that makes even God Kings require a change of diapers. Darkseid, however, just has his planet's worth of minions and his own mind-blowing abilities, just the bare basics.

So....Darkseid shows up with his armada. Thanos shows up with the magical jim-jammy thiga-ma-jig created by his intellect. Apokolypse armies go out like putties in the first PR season. This leaves Darkseid to face the power of the jim-jam alone, learning too late that jim-jams are too contrived to be hurt by something as minor as omega beams.

And if the Apokolypse army somehow proves to be able to hold Mister Mad Titan, I doubt Thanos is above getting The Mighty Mangog to run in with a folding steel chair the minute things go south. He did it last time.

So, there's my vote......Yeah, yeah, that all made sense. Why are you looking at me sidewise? Stop that. Stop it!

Takion
Darkseid should take this. Scans thanks too Jimmy-San.

After he was left dissolutioned by the death of his former wife, Darkseid drains all vulnerability from his mind and soul -- literally:

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soul07yx.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soul9wt.jpg

Darkseid perceives a cosmic event that escaped the notice of the Lords of Chaos and Order:

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jimmy3iz.jpg
http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jimmy13nj.jpg
http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jimmy29nt.jpg
http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jimmy31il.jpg

Metron states that what Darkseid did has happened many times both ways, the universe restarted each time:

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=game4pa.jpg

Darkseid takes a blast from a Master Blaster, which Mr. Miracle states can destroy any life form, to no effect. Then he banishes Scott:

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darkseid0nq.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darkseid17ib.jpg

Darkseid completely vaporizes Kalibak with a touch:

http://img415.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mmiracle9st.jpg

Big Sexy
Like I said before
Pre Darkseid> Thanos
Now
Thanos>Darkseid
Thanos couldn't handle the old Darkseid without prep but with it, I would say Thanos trumps Darkseid.

Milkie
THANOS WAS DEFEATED BY THE CROW

Takion
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Like I said before
Pre Darkseid> Thanos
Now
Thanos>Darkseid
Thanos couldn't handle the old Darkseid without prep but with it, I would say Thanos trumps Darkseid.
DS is his old self now. no expression

Big Sexy
That remains to be seen

Big Sexy
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planet24vh.jpg
Anyway Thanos isn't exactly a pushover in battle also

Private Pion
You know what? It doesn't matter.

If the pair of them fought at their full power, Darkseid as he was introduced to us and Thanos with all his nifty tools, the universe would be decimated, left in smouldering ruins.

So they wouldn't fight, because it'd ruin all their hopes and dreams.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Private Pion
You know what? It doesn't matter.

If the pair of them fought at their full power, Darkseid as he was introduced to us and Thanos with all his nifty tools, the universe would be decimated, left in smouldering ruins.

So they wouldn't fight, because it'd ruin all their hopes and dreams. Basically

Private Pion
I'd love to see these two throw a punch at each other though-It'd knock the planet they where on out of orbit.

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider
hmmm no one looks up any of Darkseids feets these days

Thanos tried mess with galactus's mind while Darkseid controlled an entire planet of superman level beings

Thanos cant teleport under his own power while darkseid can and more then that can teleport others with his omega beams anywere he wishes, also he has moved entire planets from there positions to places he wished them to be.

thanos is cursed by death, the omega beams dont really need to kill him just erase him meaning he wouldnt go to MU deaths realm but to oblivion. only reason the Omega beams dont work on superman is cause he is protected by the source.

Strenghth wise Darkseid i believe is stronger the orion who is said to be stronger then superman how would he not be stronger if he can fight WW, superman and others AT THE SAME TIME.

He defeated a guy who could beat orion and all his guys by himself, when darkseid met up with him he kicked the crap out of him

darkseid killed a lobo clone by turning into stone i believe superman level indurance i believe and a amazing healing factor i think

he killed a superman level daxamite.

mentally controlled the weather

the lords of order and chaos are scared of darkseid and the gaurdians of the universe once waged war on him and had to back off cause Darkseid and his forces slaughtered thousands of GL's

Darkseid can bar others from the dimension

thanos has been defeated in physical combat, all those worthless loses to superman have been reconned as being avatars of darkseid or a fake darkseid while its said that the real darkseid cannot be defeated in the physical realm.

his omega beams can destroy a planet and have hurt guys like the spectre.

so do i think thanos wins NO thanos cant teleport unaided, or time travel or do half the things that darkseid can or has done.

you wanna talk endurance? Darkseid has taken a blast that could destroy a solar system and didnt really care about it

and when he did get hurt by doomsday he stated he wasnt at his optimum power level when he did get back up to his optimum power level he quite easily defeated cyborg superman

and for all of you who claim that doomsday is a weakling he can kill energy beings, he has defeated the entire JLA, he has defeated a mother box powered superman and wave rider, is immune to psychic attacks by manchester black whos mind powers are on par with the Martian Manhunter. He destroyed impriex probes easily while it took superman training and a long drawn out battle just to defeat ONE drone. i like how you say superman level brings! has he ever defeated the real supes?

Takion
Originally posted by bigbran
i like how you say superman level brings! has he ever defeated the real supes?
Yeap.

Mider
its pretty odd they say he's unbeatable if it wasnt an avatar

Inhuman
As far as I know THanos has way more H2h experiance. DArkseid just relies on his omega beams most of the time. Thanos would know this. I consider Thanos to be smarter as well. This is debatable of coarse. Thanos is constintly scheming. If Thanos puts him mind to it, he can take Darkseid. He has outsmarted the best in the business before.

Rols
As much as i like Thanos, a non jober Seid as he was written in the beggining could easily wipe out Thanos, the only thing that surpasses the omega beam would be the presence that is in DC universe dough. I thought the omega effect is also multiversal not to sure about that dough. T
just my 2 cents.

draxx_tOfU
gotta go with thanos on this one..even venom could take on darkseid and all his lackeys..

A.J
Did thanos and darkseid ever fight ?

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Like I said before
Pre Darkseid> Thanos
Now
Thanos>Darkseid
I agree.

bbrem123
if both r current versions then the majority goes to thanos

looldude
Thanos is smarter than Darkseid

Darkseid's trump card is the omega effect which of course wont "work" on thanos because he is too important for the universe

Thanos = god. literally.

If you guys are using Darkseid prime, i dont see the problem of using infinite gauntlet thanos smile

Juntai
Darkseid wins. Far higher feats of personal power.

If you want to go by the most current depiction. Darkseid whispers to him and Thanos becomes his slave. ALE as seen in Seven Soldiers of Victory.

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by Juntai
Darkseid whispers to him and Thanos becomes his slave.

laughing this only happens if its part of thanos's plan to take over darkseids empire... but, i doubt thanos would waste any time doing something like that when he could just take it. thanos 7/10

who?-kid
Originally posted by KillAll
after eternity challenged thanos and lost, thanos abandoned his flesh and took the place of eternity as an abstract being, that embodies the whole of the universe. then some ***** pulled the gauntlet from thanos -flesh- body. a mistake he allowed to happen. he allowed the heroes to win
He allowed them to win ? ? ?

That's. Just. Wrong. He lost the IG because he forget his body made of flesh, and Nebula took the IG.

Some tactician, forgetting the most powerful weapon (more or less)...

HisMajestyAC43
umm he lost the ig because even with the power of the gaunlet he realized that death still didn't want him... He knew that the power wouldn't help him reach his ultimate goal. he didnt "forget" anything just ftr.

who?-kid
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
umm he lost the ig because even with the power of the gaunlet he realized that death still didn't want him... He knew that the power wouldn't help him reach his ultimate goal. he didnt "forget" anything just ftr.
Yeah, that explains why he was so surprised when Nebula took the IG. His mouth was so far open that it could easily contain Surfers board.

laughing

HisMajestyAC43
right... he got jacked. sadly darkseid will not be so lucky. his will be more of a robbery homcide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.