An Interesting Theory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DirectorFitz
Here it is:

Think back to the first Matrix. Remember the date at the beginning, when Trinity is contacting Cypher? It is 2-19-98. Now, think about the date they showed at the end of the movie, before Neo flew away. It is 9-18-99. That is exactly 1 year and 7 months apart. Now remember: Matrix Reloaded only takes place 6 months after The Matrix, the events of that movie and Revolutions consists of a matter of about 9 or 10 days. So, if you put all these things together....then this means that the scene where Neo flies away after talking on the phone, happens after the events of Revolutions. Which means he survived as some sort of program. And this cannot be coincidence, because the Wachowski brothers planned all the movies in one big story. Anyone have any thoughts?

Please don't bite my head off if this has already been talked about: because I tried to search for a thread on it, and I couldn't find one.

Neo Baggins
Well, i think that when they said that The Matrix Reloaded took place 6 months after The Original Matrix then it would be April of 2000. Then after Neo Faints and it says "To Be Concluded" then it goes 6/7 days on and then you have The Matrix Revolutions.

But I'm not entirely sure about this, thats just what I though happened.

Real
um, reloaded and revolutions takes place in about a day..
secondly, neo was out of the matrix for about 3 months before he recovered enough to wake up...(when they take him out of the matrix to when he jacks in the first time) as for your idea that the end of the first matrix is the real end to the entire trilogy, thats interesteg and i'll look into it...but consider the timeline
The matrix takes place over about 4 months total
There is a 6 month gap inbetween
then there is about a day and a half for reloaded/revolutions
so figure about 10 months total
the numbers arent really that accurate and its only an estimate compared to what you say is fact...i like ur idea, and it does provide a little bit more closure to the trilogy thinking of it like that...

Neo Baggins
Real, i was just putting it in prospective from Fitz's description.

DirectorFitz
Thank you. I just think the idea makes the trilogy cooler. Wouldn't have shocked people who saw it in theaters if this happened.

It shows that shot where the sun is shining at the end of Revolutions, then the camera starts to fly into the city, and it zooms in on a telephone booth, and out steps Neo, except they refilm the scene, and have new CGI for him flying away, and the camera follows him up into the clouds, and he flies at the camera, and after it, and starts to play Navras to a title card that says the End, and then the credits

Real
yeah, but NeoB...u cant say reloaded/revs takes place over 6-7 days cuz ballard stays in the matrix for 36 hrs for morpheus and then the rest happens at a blazing pace...there is very little time passing during revolutions...so i change my post a little bit...more like 2-3 days tops. but nowhere near 6 or 7 or 10

Shade
More like hours. Weren't the machines hours away from Zion at the end of Reloaded? So...they got to Zion in hours, in Revolutions...

Don't flame me, I need to watch Reloaded again : /

kanis
alien Whoa that is a interesting point that makes me want the matrix again.

JediHDM
Actually, the Matrix was made to be a single movie. After the awesome success of the matrix, Warner Bros. decided to allow the bros. to make the other two movies. As for the end of Matrix being the end of the trilogy, no, that is incorrect. Think about what Neo says in the phone...

If Neo was saying this after the trilogy, after the reset, after the peace, then who is he talking to? the machines? what would they not want humans to see? A world without the machines? but the machines aren't controlling the humans anymore, except the Matrix. but the Architect said that anyone who wanted to be free would be freed. Certainly Neo isn't referring to this. So what? How what is going to end or begin? the peace? why would the peace end?

Now, if we take it in context, before Reloaded, then it makes perfect sense. He is talking to the system, the agents. They don't want the humans to be free. They want them to be enslaved. Neo is telling them that he is not going to tell them how the war will end, but rather how it will begin. Which means that there is 1 year 7 months from the beginning of the Matrix to the end of the Matrix.

Superfly4000
Who was Neo talking to in the first place?

kanis
alien Could he be talking to the architect, maybe.

Clavis
huh I think I must have been born stupid or something...

Superfly4000
But if he never met the Architect, how could he be talking to him...

JediHDM
he was probably talking to the system as a whole, not just a singular entity.

Superfly4000
How do you talk to the system? confused

JediHDM
call it up...

Superfly4000
Whats the number

manchichirtchit
555 0690

Superfly4000
Thanks

*Calling*

-madI know you're out there...I can feel you now. I know that
you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of
change...I don't know the future...I didn't come here to
tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you
how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up
this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you
don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world
without you...a world without rules and controls, without
borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is
possible.
mad

Superfly4000
*Intro Cool Music*

Korri
nah your not, at least you aint gr33k if u know what i mean wink

jannurst
if u wont the answer think of the question

fruits
first of all, i just wanna tell everyone that 9-18 is my b-day and when i saw the matrix movie for the first time, at the end, i about jizzed in my pants after i saw the date.
moving on,
that is very interesting. and it would make sense, because almost every little thing that happens in the movies has a reason, and they must of put the dates in for a reason. maybe that is it..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.