Movies filmed in your area

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
After seeing The Hunted (a while ago), I realized that I"m happy movies aren't often made in my area. Its always neat when you know that a movie was made near you but if the areas are recognizable, it ****s it up for you. For those of you who don't know, The Hunted is filmed in Portland, Oregon. Its weird because Tommy Lee will be chasing Deltoro near the Portland opera house and next thing you know they are down by the Waterfront in Portland and trust me, they are not within walking distance of each other. I just found it annoying. Have any of you experienced something like this?

SlipknoT
friday the 13th was filmed somewhat close to me

JKozzy
Mystic River was filmed at my dad's work office! eek! The police station or whatever it was, was indeed Liberty Mutual! big grin

VallejoKid707
Umm... The Hulk, Matrix Reloaded, Bedazzled, and Princess Diaries.

FLICKNAVY
Blue Crush was filmed on North Shore, guess its close, Hawaii isn't that big. Big Bounce was filmed somewhere around here and 50 First Dates was filmed at Sea Life Park on the S/E part of the island. Been there a few times. Didn't recognize the restraunt they used in the movie though.

burlyman
They filmed some period flick in Bath

SlipknoT
signs was also filmed not to far from me

burlyman
Bay Watch used my beach

stinkfist462
lets see here
Drop Dead Fred
Joe Somebody

( anywhere else in Minneapolis , Minnesota )

silver_tears
A whole lot of movies were filmed downtown confused
Can't put my finger on them at the moment though sad

silver_tears
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Chicago
X-Men
The Santa Clause
Good Will Hunting
How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Police Academy
Cocktail
Down to Earth
Police Academy II: Their First Assignment
Don't Say A Word
The Recruit
Finding Forrester
Exit Wounds
Serendipity
Tuxedo
Frequency
Police Academy III: Back In Training
Cruel Intentions
Urban Legend
The Fly
K-19: The Widowmaker
The Skulls
Adventures in Babysitting
Wes Craven's Dracula 200
Tommy Boy
Driven
Bride of Chucky
Superstar
Bless the Child
Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
The Big Hit
Harriet the Spy
Murder at 1600
Billy Madison

Here's a list big grin
These are movies filmed in Toronto as well as other places big grin

silver_tears
Oh and most recently, Resident Evil Apocalypse was filmed here cool
Not to mention X-Men 2 and Against the Ropes big grin

BackFire
Living in Souther California, too many movies to name are filmed here.

silver_tears
There's also alot of unknown movies big grin

silver_tears
whoa PotC was filmed there eek!
and the Ring cool

amlap
well Jersey Girl was filming in the high school bout 20 mins from my house
and the guy who did Signs, SIxth Sense and such rents antqiues from this shop down the street from my work!

steely balls
I got this off of the internet some of these movies i didn't were filmed here it's weird.
AMERICAN MOVIE
BACK TO SCHOOL: Classic Rodney Dangerfield comedy filmed at UW-Madison.
THE BIG ONE: Excellent documentary by UW alum Michael Moore filmed in Madison and Milwaukee.
THE BLUES BROTHER: Elwood and Jake spent some time filming in Milwaukee and the Firstar Building can be spied as a car careens over the then-incomplete 794 freeway spur. Chicago? Who's kidding who?
CHAIN REACTION: This big budget action thriller starring Morgan Freeman and Keanu Reeves was filmed partly in Madison, Lake Geneva and Williams Bay.
Damien: Omen II and The Final Conflict: Omen III
THE DEEP END OF THE OCEAN: The big screen adaptation of Madison author Jacquelyn Mitchard's bestseller of the same name, which stars Michelle Pfieffer, was partly filmed in Madison.
HOOP DREAMS: Roger Ebert's favorite movie of the '90s filmed partly in Milwaukee.
I LOVE TOUBLE: Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte star in one of the most famous movies to be filmed in Wisconsin.
IRON WILL: Two-time Oscar winner Kevin Spacey stars in this film that filmed in Superior.
Major League
MRS. SOFFEL Max Mel Gibson's first starring roles, opposite Diane Keaton, briefly filmed in Freedom.
NOVACAINE: This movie filmed in Cedarburg over the summer. It stars Steve Martin, Kevin Bacon, Laura Dern and Helena Bonham Carter.
RUDY: The "Rocky" of college football movies, starring "The Goonies" Sean Astin, was partly filmed in Milwaukee.
A SIMPLE PLAIN: Director Sam Raimi ("Evil Dead" and its sequels) It stars Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda.
UNCLE BUCK: The late, great John Candy filmed parts of this film in Lake Geneva.

Cinemaddiction
Evil Dead 1 + 2. Wadesboro, NC.

Tex
Some of the better known:

Batman and Robin
Bonnie and Clyde
Born on the 4th of July
Boys dont Cry
The Faculty
Happy Gilmore
Independence Day
JFK
Office Space
Problem Child
RoboCop

Myth
Movies with less recognizable places near me were Kindergarden Cop, The Goonies, and Short Circuit (I think part 2 as well) <---all in Astoria

Also a shitty shitty little made for TV Disney movie, "Halloween Town" was made about 1 mile from my home inside our theater, my elementary school and all of the other little businesses on that stretch of a couple blocks.

Krosus
Just one film.
New John Malkovich flick based on a true story called.
''Colour me Kubrick'' - still filming
They filmed it in the Slummy area of town i work called Hightown in Luton, all about a guy who impersonates Kubrick. Based during his filming of eyes wide shut, sounds pretty boring to me but ya never know.

roundisfunny
"A League of Their Own", starring...well, you know.

"Hard Rain", starring Christian Slater & Morgan Freeman.

"Soul of the Game" (HBO), starring Lee Ermey & Mikelti Williamson
I got to be an extra in this one, and met Lee Ermey. Nice guy.

"A Horse for Danny" (TV), starring Robert Urich and a pre-pubescent Leelee Sobieski.
Some friends of mine took a video camera and got to talk with those two stars. Pretty thrilling for them.

finti
The Hoth scenes for Empire Strikes Back was filmed a bit North of where I live

SaTsuJiN
that movie Swimfan, that was filmed in my Highschool (the highschool scenes at least) ... when I saw the library I wanted to die lol

Ushgarak
The Fourth Protocol was filmed in Chelmsford. My Dad had a drink with Pierce Brosnan at the time, and now ehenever he seems him on-screen he starts with the "there's my mate Pierce Brosnan..."

He didn;t meet Michael Caine though. Darn.

botankus
I live near Wilmington so there are a ton filmed there, including IKWYDLS

khalla
Well I really don't know but I went in the cabin where The Ring was filmed messed

Shoukan
A portion of Eight Legged Freaks was filmed down the street at a old abandon mall now destroyed

eleveninches
I live in Durham, UK
Harry Potter was filmed in/at the cathedral there, which is only about 6 miles from my house.

shaber
28 Days Later

silver_tears
I just found out, using www.imdb.com that almost 1500 movies/t.v series have been filmed in my city eek!

Some of them are really popular ones too cool
Most recently Mean Girls was filmed at my favourite mall eek! so was Dawn of the Dead.
And Mean Girls was filmed at the University I am going to in two years big grin

It's really cool to know this smile

Darth Revan
I know there was one that I've seen, but I can't remember what... erm

I think "Stand By Me" was filmed in the area. Though they said it was Cascade, Oregon, when in fact Cascade is in Washington state...

Darth Revan
Whoa you live in Portland? Cool! I live in Eugene myself yes

silver_tears
I like being able to recognize my city, I love it, and I like when it's filmed in movies big grin

Rambo
Cabin Fever was filmed 20 minutes from my house. :-)

BakaXero
um..... what movies were filmed in sydney?
um that one about that virtual world with the green numbers
what was it?

Myth
I currently go to Pacific U in Forest Grove. I actually know a couple of people who went to Churchill.

Evy_O
Corelli was filmed in a greek island, Tomb Raider 2 a little bit in Sandorini and probably one or two more I forget

Black Onyx
when i went to the east coast i saw a clipit part of that jlo movie like maid in manhattan or whatever

its when she sat of the magazine or somthing

im not into those kind of movies tho happy

i also saw some of CSI when was at my cousins

Kaleanae
I live near the Lincoln tunnel, and I have seen a lot of movies where they pass through the lincoln tunnel
Also, I live 15 minutes from New York City, so there, they have been many movies filmed in that area messed

big gay kirk
Bits of lots of films were shot near me... such as "Goodnight Mr Tom," and some bits of Harry Potter... I live near the Great Central Railway, the only preserved main line steam railway in England, and it is often used when they need a station in the thirties to fifties...

eleveninches
harry potter was filmed near where I live as well

tomorrow88
Yeah i think i remember one something like that being filmed here with all the guys in black sunnies,hmm. Oh and dont forget that one about those people having wars in space or something. In a galaxy far far away or something? big grin

They also filmed Mission Impossible 2 here. That was quite annoying cos there's a scene that's supposed to be in Spain and its just in a SYdney home.

Oh and Moulin Rouge!

And some new one they're filming just outside Sydney in the bush starts with S or something cant remember.
There's more too but they're ones I dont know the names or are either crap so theres no point remembering them.

burlyman
Johnny Depp and John Malkovich were in Somerset in March, filming in Wells Cathedral for The Libertine

Darkseed
Pierce Brosnan had something to do with a football (thats soccer to you people in the us) comedy, i think it was called The Match ? not sure but it was filmed about 6 to 7 miles from where i live (central Scotland).

The Force
were any movies filmed in oklahoma?

BarmyBrummie
The only thing filmed near me was a clip for the News sad

ElectricBugaloo
any one of hundreds of westerns

and 'ghost of mars'

big gay kirk
apparently not... not even "Oklahoma!" was filmed in Oklahoma...

Darkseed
laughing

VenomVA
The Jackal
with Richard Gere and Bruce Willis was filmed in Downtown Richmond (VA) which is where I used to live but it's still home. There have been a few others but I can't remember....anyone know where you can get that type of info?

shake zula
fast and the furious. right here in the OC... it's 5 minutes from where i live.

Impediment
Bump.

What movies have been filmed in your home town/area?

I live in a prison town in East Texas where a lot of prison films like A Perfect World and The Life of David Gale have been filmed.

Also, The Chase (Charlie Sheen and Kristie Swanson) was filmed on the Hardy Toll Road near where I live.

Rogue Jedi
Tin Cup, I come in Peace.

Impediment
Where was Tin Cup filmed?

Rogue Jedi
I think parts of it were filmed in Kingwood.

Impediment
Ah. The rich part of Northeast Houston.

Darth Martin
http://famousmonstersoffilmland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/the_crazies_remake_poster.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
Ah. The rich part of Northeast Houston.

My dad lives there with his second wife. I call it La La land.

the ninjak
The Matrix.

ADarksideJedi
The second Transformers movie was firm very close to where I live.Even through I did not like the movie I still thought that was pretty cool!

siriuswriter
Harrison Ford came to the University in the state capitol where I live to consult some professors for that movie that he did with Brendan Fraser about the childhood illness. Apparently the professor here either was the person Ford portrayed, or one of the leading doctors in the study.

Also, most of "Elizabethtown" with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst was filmed in Nebraska, and parts of "O Brother, Where Art Thou," as well as that film, gah, I can't remember the name, the one with Jack Nicholson and Kathy Bates and the infamous hot tub scene?

Nebraska is mostly farmland, so we're used a lot when wide, flat, open spaces and small, homey cities are called for.

Omega Vision
The Truman Show was filmed about five miles from where I live.

Rogue Jedi
http://houston.about.com/od/outaboutphotos/tp/HoustonMovies.htm

KingD19
ATL.....the skating rink is Cascade skating rink, it's in Adamsville, which is about 15-20 minutes from where I live.

Myth
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Harrison Ford came to the University in the state capitol where I live to consult some professors for that movie that he did with Brendan Fraser about the childhood illness. Apparently the professor here either was the person Ford portrayed, or one of the leading doctors in the study.

Most of the movie was filmed near me as well (Portland, OR). I know one person who was an extra in the background and another who was some sort of set assistant for that movie.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Truman Show was filmed about five miles from where I live.

That is cool! smile

The Nuul

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Myth
Most of the movie was filmed near me as well (Portland, OR). I know one person who was an extra in the background and another who was some sort of set assistant for that movie.

yay! a connection!! big grin

rimmy8788
I have never experienced such a kind of movie that is made in some nearby area.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.