Why am I looking forward to it so much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jayno
Hi

i am really looking forward to episode 3, but why. I have been a star wars fan all my life, since the original was released in 1977 and the original 3 were fantastic, beyond fantastic, I cant wait for the dvds next month. i will then own 3 versions of them, But the prequels really let me down.

All those years of waiting for a new sw movie and along came the phantom menace, to say it was a let down would be an understatement, I wont go into why it let me down as I guess it let every sw fan down. All I will say on the matter is jar jar binks, George what the hell was you thinking.

We wait 3 more year and along comes aotc, a slight improvement, I quite enjoyed it, but it wasn't star wars.

So now, with 9 months to go, I am traulling the net for pics etc and my excitment is building once more, but will this be the one, it has to be, please. george must look in forums and see what feedback is coming back from the last two?

Will this be star wars?? It doesnt matter how much cgi is used, it doest always make a good film!

darktim1
yep I can't wait to see revenge of the sith to I really want to see darth vaders helmet and here the breathing before they show it oh yeah and the duel to it is suppose to be longest fight scene in cinema history for now may force be with you.

Darth Cain
Lucas really has to put any talent he has left into this movie........

guiro72
i am cynical....i am very, very cynical....i can't enjoy attack of the clones much, even though i know it's pretty good, my excitement over star wars is dead....i'm not a prequel basher, they're fine, i like them.....maybe i just get bored easily, i dunno (halfway through the two towers i just suddenly stopped caring about that paticular trilogy as well, and i've liked the books since i was a kid and loved the first film).....i say this not to winge, but to make this point....

i'm excited about ep III....everything i've heard and everything i've seen....i'm not "trying" to like it, i gave that up a long time ago....it just crept up on me most unexpectedly....i'm as surprised as anyone.....i thought it was impossible.....

damn, now i've probably jinxed it....

Capt_Fantastic
I think a lot of the problem with the prequel trilogy is that there was SOOO much left to the imagination with the OT..like just what was a jedi knight?..what were the clone wars?, why was yoda hiding?...what happened to Anakin?, why did he turn?, etc....that there was too much to fit into three two hour movies. I hate to say it, but E3 might be the same. There's so much detail, that you have to spend massive amounts of time paying attention to everything and connecting the dots that people's knee jerk reaction has been to say that they suck. They are major let downs in several ways: placid characters, uninteresting contradictions to the originals and monotonous storytelling coupled with leaps in believablility.
For example, the relationship with Anakin and Padme. What the hell?! It's so hurried that you're left wondering why it's so important to the future of the galaxy. I mean, really, it makes you wonder how big Anakin's lightsabre is...cuz Padme doesn't seem to really even like him...so, you think it must be the sex. Now, George is a smart man....if he doesn't have time to fit them falling in love in a believeable(AND EMOTIONAL) manner, than simply leave it to back story. There were ten years between the two films, and no reason that Anakin and Padme counldn't have been seeing each other in secret...making the assassination attempts and the protection duty SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING...plus, it would have given Palpatine an even more sinister edge(not that he really needs it) when he suggests that Obi-Wan watch over her.

All that being said, George has put a helluva lot of thought into these, despite what I used to think. I USED to think that he pulled a lot of it out of his ass and just made a cartoon with a computer and said: "F! the story...computers GOOOD!" But after all the years since 99 when TPM came out, I've been disceting and analyzing the movies. BUT, my point is that ONLY THE FANBOYS are going to do that. The general public doesn't have the intellect, intrest or time to do so. So, I've changed my mind on George Lucas. He DID make these movies for the fans. I've changed my mind on a lot about the movies. But I haven't changed my mind on a lot of things about them at the same time. But, then again...we were all really expecting something different....which is why his job was impossible....because so much was lef tto the imagination with th eoriginal that people couldn't help but become enamoured with them.

As for ROTS....yeah, I think it's going to kick ass. Because this is the movie that gives you the middle of the equation. We already have the answers in the original trilogy....he gave us the questions with the first two prequels...and this is the + sign in 2 + 2

robakin
I have to agree with Darth Jayno. I too have been there since 1977 i don't think cgi makes a good movie. i felt let down by TPM but i did think AOTC was pretty good. I would like the soundtrack to be more like the classic trilogy to give it the same feel, I don't warm to the actors as much, but then the Captastic is right the imagination is better than seeing them.
When i saw Star wars in '77 i always wanted to see the young Obi wan and Vader fight. Then they made TPM i only wanted to see Episode 3, Because i wanted to see Anakin turn to the dark side and Kenobi and him fight. Ep 3 is what i've been waiting to see, But GL has to tell the story that leads up to it.

Darth Sauron
Well i have a feeling im going to be let down....

But i have nine months left to call GL god before he ruins star wars and i hate him happy

Darth Jayno
Like robakin, I always wanted to see the young anakin and obi wan from hearing obi wan (alec guiness) talk about the old times. The old obi wan made the clone wars sound so cool and like others have said, somethings are best left to the imagination.

Although the young versions of the characters are ok (although I didnt like Ani much in tpm), they still dont match up to what I pictured when I was a kid.

smoker4
9 months left to wait, god i could have a baby!! if i was a woman!!

I'd call him george geek

Jedi Priestess
well let me tell you.......I have LOVED them ALL!!!!! LOVED EM!!!! But then I dont think I do this big old expectation thing either. I just care about the bloody story......for all I care he could make the damn thing with paper dolls as long as I get the STORY! Altho I must admit Hayden and Ewan are very easy on the eyes wink laughing I was 16 when this incredible saga began for me in 1977 and I have cherished every single scrap of it save one... JarJar.

smoker4
If you had one bullet!! Jar Jar or a random ewok??

Jedi Priestess
oh NO contest............JarJar the Ewoks neva bothered me

yerssot
they are just cuddlebears to you hu

Jedi Priestess
no........they really just didnt bug me......just another life form.....

smoker4
I would need the magic bullet theory from JFK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.