TV in NZ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
Well, ive been trying to find out a lot of stuff about new zealand recently, as ill be moving out there very soon, so thought id ask this to any NZ residents on the forum.

What is your TV like? is it good or is it poor?

silly question i know but i had to ask it!

koolruningz
How's it goin? I moved to NZ from England about 6 yrs ago and i must say the TV over here isnt bad at all. We have most of the good US shows on like 24, Sopranos, ER, Nip Tuck, Scrubs, Alias and The Shield. Granted they are MY favourite shows, but they also have loads of reality shows on if thats your preference (not mine). Satalite TV is also really afordable if you're into sports and movies to. All in all i prefer the TV in NZ and if i ever get homesick then there is a channel devoted to UK TV on Satalite. Hope this helps, enjoy New Zealand it's a fantastic country.

vvvrulz
Hey there, been in nz for just about all my life. Not too much wrong with the tv here, they have a wide enough variety (despite shows coming in a fair bit later than the US). The two major problems I see are the huge amount of reality tv shows which is polluting tv viewing, but lets face it, thats a global situation. Also, if you are a sports fanatic, like myself, you only get the best of it if you subscribe to pay tv. But even then the prices arent too bad. You shouldnt find too many complaints with the coverage here.

ChickinMeat
Hey cheers for the info guys! much obliged!

damn, i thought if i went far enough away from people in the world (NZ) then i could escape the drivel that is known as reality TV, but alas it appears not, Oh well! where abouts do you guys live in NZ?

koolruningz
I live in Hamilton. Glad to help and i'm affraid there is no escaping the plague of reality TV shows, the only way to avoid them is to not have a TV. Good luck.

Lydia
ooooooooooooooo where r u movin? i live in Christchurch!!! CHCH RULES!!!!!!!!! it very perty and WE JUST WON DA RUGBY!!!!!!!!!

ChickinMeat
Hey there, im moving to "The Bay Of Plenty", Tauranga. Christchurch is on south island am i right?

Lydia
yup! stick out tongue the sheild is bac to its riteful home big grin

ChickinMeat
well done on the rugby by the way!

vvvrulz
You got lucky Lydia :P

Anyway im from Auckland, whose rugby team happens to be playing like crap. NZ is a great place to live man, i've been to Tauranga once or twice myself, quite a nice place.

ChickinMeat
so, it seems all the towns have there own rugby team? does tauranga have its own team then? or is it to bad?

vvvrulz
Bay of Plenty has their team, that includes Tauranga. Theyre not half bad either, have been causing a few upsets of late agaisnt the big shots (including Auckland).

ChickinMeat
looks like im gonna have to be supporting them from now on then!

just for knowledge, which local channels show rugby at that level? just so i know when i get there. or is it only on sky?

koolruningz
TV 3 shows delayed covergage of a couple of games a week if you're lucky. Sky Sports show all the games many times over. Do you like rugby? If so you're coming to the right country.

ladygrim
smile

vvvrulz
Yeah tv3 has delayed rugby and prime has delayed league. All the live stuff is on sky. But you can subscribe to uhf rather than digital which is a lot cheaper but with few channels, including sky sport which is handy. Personally i have digital myself, but the only channels I bother with are the sports ones !! There's four or five of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.