Intel or AMD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackMamBA
I been wondering which 1 is the best the AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 Or Intel PT4 HT?

LeAtHerRFace
AMD.

Royal Knight
Intel PT4...the reason being is because every game and program isn't supported by AMD

LeAtHerRFace
The best games are yes

MC Mike
AMD's better, but I got a Intel because of the reason stated by RK. erm

Primitive Screwhead
AMD... more bang for your buck.

HockeyHorror
AMD

Maverick2364
AMD

Linkalicious
never had an AMD, but I've never had any problems with my Pentium 4. No complaints at all about it.

BackFire
It doesn't matter. They're both about the same. If you get the either high end CPU, you won't notice a difference.

I have an AMD Athlon 64, and it is great.

forumcrew
AMD is far better.. and "computer geek" will always tell you that.. the guys i work with sure do

KidRock
AMD 64 bit...its the newest and the best. The fx-53 (my processor) is the best out now for games.

Samas-adian
Yah...i rather spend more money on RAM or a high end videocard.

SaTsuJiN
I like AMD smile

BlackMamBA
A high end video card is worthless if u dont have a good processor.

SaTsuJiN
I think the same thing can be said for the other way around. In any case most people choose AMD... because of the "More bang for your buck" reason stated above. wink

Samas-adian
Well true. But considering the question that was asked, i would still rather buy a high end card than spend an extra hundred for 400 megabites for the CPU.
Doom 3 taxes the videocard alot more than it does on the CPU.

BlackMamBA
BULL!!

Linkalicious
i can attest for the card.

I had a slow computer with a nice card and it did crap. Games still ran slow, and my ping online was horrendous.

I just built a 2.8 ghz Pentium 4 w/ hyper threading, and changed cards from the old comp to the new comp. Games STILL ran choppy and with a high ping online. It was so bad I bought a new one just for Doom 3. My new card is an Ati Radeon 9800 Pro and EVERYTHING I run is smooth now.

Halo on PC runs smooth, Doom 3 runs smooth, Counter-Strike: Source is smooth, FarCry is flawless.

The card is the real deal. The processor isn't anything special. Go AMD, more bang for your buck.

vvvrulz
I'm always for AMD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.