Who thought it was stupid that Anakin got older, but padmae didn't?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Lady
I mean HONESTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! How stupid is that? Not to mention they got married. MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolfwoodtomcatbatman
football

§pearhead
People age less when they're older, that's my only explanation

Lyn
I think it just comes across like that because the actress didn't change.

Viper
Well, wasn't she supposed to be like 16 in Phantom Menace? The jump from late teen to mid twenties isn't that significant.

Lyn
Something like that. Yeah, I agree. It's not too drastic.

yerssot
what the heck??? you do know that they didn't had the same age in the movie right? blink

Anakin HAS to look older cause now he went from 9 to 19, it's called logic
but what you fail to see is that a girl going from 14 to 24, doesn't has such a radical change! she clearly did grow up, y'know, just not that much roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jedi Priestess
I was fine with it myself.

§pearhead
As was I, it made sense to me blink

Ken Benobi
it did seem like a stretch to me because you couldn't see much change in Padme, but then some people don't seem to age either, for example it seems like certain generations don't ever look any older *shrugs*
But for the storyline I just accepted it.

Sith Master X
Yeah, what spear said. People age less when they're older, so I was totally fine with it. If Anakin had suddenly become older then Padme, then we would have had a problem!

Lyn
Definitley. laughing

The Dark Lady
All I meant was that it's kind of disgusting that she would be with him when there is such a huge age difference. As for the storyline, it worked well, but I also just accepted it because I figured that Lucas knew what he was doing, but that still doesn't change my opinion of the relationship itself.

- The Dark Kid!

Jedi Priestess
4 years is a huge age difference?

§pearhead
wait, was Anakin 9 or 10 in the first one blink

Unholly_Cheese
Something like that. I still cant believe he built C3PO at that age

yerssot
9... I believe? and padme was 14

Jedi Priestess
actually acording to the novel he was just about to turn 10

yerssot
but didn't got to be 10 in the movie huh stick out tongue

Lyn
It looks bad if you think of it in terms of JL and NP. Works fine for me with HC and NP though.

Master Kadub
I think it is fine.....

Padme could be ageless like a lot of beautiful women now....and Anakin could have matured and aged, especially near the end of ROTS when he is almost completely consumed by the darkside....

Lyn
Yeah. I mean, in the EpIII shots we've seen so far, they look fine. Hayden/Anakin looks as though he has matured.

doodleduck
bumbumbum

Krissy Von Doom
Maybe the age rate is different. They're from different planets, maybe they're different species, though they look alike.

Master Kadub
it doesnt matter if they are from different planets.....
alot of beautifull women look young even though they've
aged in years......men always look different as they age
and mature; especially if there is stress or something in
their lives....

Cipher
Padme did age, she wasn't still 15 in Ep.2.......

Mace Skywalker
you must be joking. Amadala was very young in the first one. and well older in the second. just because she looked the same doesnt mean anything. Besides that, when you reach a certain age, you dont chage for a while. but anakin was a little boy so he had to grow up.

Lyn
Exactly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.