would u spoil it for yourself ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nigeyo2000
this may have been covered before so if so...IM SORRY !

Im bored at work and just been thinking, Would u watch a pirate copy(if u really, really cant wait) of EP3 before it was released ??

I did with TPM and it spoiled it so so much, and i nearly did with AOTC but i stopped myself just as i was putting the tape in... and im glad I did !

can u resist the temptation ?? Im gonna force myself to hold back and wait. !! Im even even gonna stop posting and reading spoilers about 2 months b4 !

NateDawgNT
I wouldnt go as far as to watch the pirate copy. But I'd read the script, comic and every spoiler i could. I try not to every time, but i always do

Darth Malik
I'll read watch and listen to everything I can get my hands on just as soon as possible

Jedi Priestess
no pirate copy and no script for me.......in fact I will prolly have to quit visiting this forum from April till after I see it. messed

nigeyo2000
the only thing i'd watch is a theatrical trailer !

no screenplays, books, scripts, film clips OR spoilers for me after christmas'ish !!

PVS
i think the question should be re-worded.
---------------------------------------------------------------

If you had a pirated copy in your home, and were unable to get rid of it (property of a sibling or spouse...whatever the case) would you end up breaking down and watching it before may19?
---------------------------------------------------------------

PVS
i would try my hardest not to...but i would probably fail

nigeyo2000
even though i say i wont.... if a copy was in my home, i also too would fail

guiro72
are we talking about a completed version of the film as it will be seen in cinemas?.....

nigeyo2000
^^^^ yes

moonwalker741
liek dvd and/or vhs quality?

hell yeh!

SOCKpuppet
OF COURSE and so would anyone on this forum/world for that matter

guiro72
well i don't even need to think about this.....what's to spoil?....it's the actual film.....i read the script to aotc, and i think it impaired my view of that film, however i read the story book of rotj and thought the same, as the years passed i realised it may have been, at least partly, that the film was inadequate....

but i digress....

if i had a copy of rots right now, i would turn off all the lights, get INCREDIBLY toasted.......and i mean INCREDIBLY.....fire up the big screen tv and go......

all i'm missing really is 5.1 sound.....screw mr. dolby, i'm there.....

Jayd265
where do you get a pirate copy?

nigeyo2000
^^^^ there isnt one so far JAYD

if it was DVD quality...i would

Darth_Duffy
id watch it then come on here and ruin it for you all evil face

SOCKpuppet
yeah no doubt!

PVS
no, not dvd quality, that doesnt count.
i would definately see it on dvd.

the question should be a bootlegged, poor quality dvd.
a crappy copy that would only serve to show you what happens,
and not dazzle you with effects.

guiro72
and, sadly, i would probably read it, and REALLY ruin it for myself....

PVS
i would hear it all second hand and really really REALLY ruin it big grin

nigeyo2000
not poor quality bootleg, no way, i did that with TPM and missed most of the effects...

moonwalker741
poor quality bootleg? definitely not!

i would settle vhs if that was highest quality pirate there was, but if it as poor quality, no, no, no!

guiro72
i know, curse my weak will.....but if it was the actual movie, i'm REALLY there...if the film is good it will hold up....i've loved my crappy dub of mean streets for years (now a beautiful widescreen dvd copy is on the way in the post), but because it's such a flawless film, the bad quality never hurt it before.....

how did you get a pre-release bootleg of phantom menace?.....

SOCKpuppet
i know some people, who know some people, who rob people you dig

nigeyo2000
one of my mates has in on VHS, everything was blurred and the reds were redder !!

he got it off the internet about 2 weeks b4 it came out in the UK, so may have been a camcorder copy from the states

moonwalker741
did you get that from starsky and hutch, good movie big grin

SOCKpuppet
yeah lol....i did actually have a copy of the phantom menace a month before it came out it was on two cd-roms with some sort of sony media player on the disc it was a superb copy and expanded with no image loss.....i remember there was a massive up roar about it it was on local radio and everything asking if any had or knew of anyone with it could they send them to a piracy organisation so they could be destroyed

nigeyo2000
^^as if people would send them in !

was just a trap !

guiro72
oh, we're talking internet download kinda thing here....no, i'd wait the 7 days or so probably in that case....but if you had it NOW it might be different....apart from the fact they haven't finished filming it....

guiro72
sock puppet, make a special note of my pm address....cheers....

SOCKpuppet
that was the funny bit i had about 30 mates round to watch it.....oh yeah i was definatly gonna surrender my copy

SOCKpuppet
how do u do that m8 i am a newbie sorry

guiro72
i'm being flippant....

you don't have a copy of rots yet do you?....

SOCKpuppet
duh...sorry....nah not yet man but the moment i do i will hook you up for sure...i actually got them both tpm and aotc both a month b4 release and the same style

guiro72
you're a lucky man/woman/sock.....but a month....maybe i could stick it out....if something were to turn up around now though, it would be very hard to resist.....

Darth Malik
The night TPM came out in the states I was sitting in my local pub(I from the UK) habing a few beers with my pals and this guy just came into the bar and started asking people if they wanted TPM for a fiver on CD. Of course I bought a copy, and I must say it was damn good quality, same guy hooked me upi with AOTC about two weeks before it came out in the states, his a damn good source and his copies are always of high standard. It did not stop me from going to the cinema numerous times to watch it though. Also got AVP off him two weeks ago but still got tickets for the opening night in the UK.

Darth Cain
I probably couldn't resist, but I think I'd stop before the duel....
Some things are meant for the big screen.

If you stop looking at spoilers two months before the release, you're already going to know everything. The basic plot is already known, for the most part.

guiro72
i know.....i hate myself.....

so many promises....so little will power.....

Gangularis
exactly.. it all depends on the quality of the bootleg..

i had a poll about this on nightly.net and in my poll i specified that the quality would be a cam type quality bootleg.

guiro72
if it was a few weeks i could distract myself with other things....if it was about now (around 9-10 months) it would be much harder....if the film relies on being seen high quality to be good, then it isn't a good film and deserves to die.....

cornponious
If I had a DVD image of ROTS, I might just have to fire up the old FTP again!

Disclaimer:

Atn: Lucasfilm: Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!Only Joking!

cornponious

Jedi Priestess
LMAO corn......oh COME on...Ive gotten LFL'ed TWICE now!! you need to keep up! eek!

cornponious
Heh, I got more than just a letter. You have to realize, I was getting in excess of 10,000 hits to my little box here at home per month!

corn

darktim1
I would be a loyal fan and wait till it came out in the theater.

Darth Jayno
you can see who would turn to the dark side cant you?? its all about resisting temptation and waiting to see it on the silver screen. I will watch all the trailers and try and get hold of pics, but I will not fully turn to the darkside! noooooo!

Ken Benobi
I would wait for it too. It wouldn't be the same without the theater sound and experience. Plus I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much, and I figure if they go to all the effort to make the movies for us, we ought to pay to see them.

smoker4
The cinema screen is the only place to watch star wars, IMAX arrrrhhh!

Jedi Priestess
blink that can NOT be good

Sith Master X
How did I miss this thread? lol Anyway, I'll only spoil little parts of it for myself, but not any of the major stuff.

smoker4
What happened corn????

Jedi Priestess
long story smoker thats best left in pm

smoker4
embarrasment

SomeGuy57
How do you even get a pirate copy?

Ken Benobi
first you gotta be a pirate eye blue_bandana

cavola
i doubt a pirated copy will be out beforte 19th may. that would have to be an insider's job. Lucas Arts Ltd. pays its employees very well so it would take some cheek to become a disgruntled employee with those obscene paycheques.

as for the first screenings to become a copy, i doubt its gonna be quality. i read somewhere that cinemas are investing into a radiographical device that emits waves that blocks 1) mobile phones from functioning inside the teathre & 2) all cam recording equipment.

that is of course to those teathres who will afford it.

If you take Asia (where most of the pirated stuff comes from) well that is to be seen if Lucas Arts Ltd. will delay release or step up some insurances or 'watermarks' on the theatrical release.

so bye bye to those poor quality DVD with head silhoetees popping up throughout the movie.

darktim1
oh really last time some one ripped off ep2 a day before it came out.

guiro72
yeah, but a day, maybe a week, 3 weeks....i would definitely be able to wait....but if there was a copy around now it would be harder to resist....but seeing as that's not gonna happen, i guess i would be waiting it out....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.