goku vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
i know things have gotten bad over this before but maybe with an intellegent debate we can finally put this topic to bed forever.

ska57
Superman, enough. Goku AND Vegeta in Super Saiyen 4 struggled just to hold up a building, and Superman moved a planet (even though that is physically impossible).

Here's a good site on Superman's powers: http://theages.superman.ws/Encyclopaedia/powers.php

bardock
goku i say is probably faster than goku being his brother radditz was the speed of light in the episode

Tron
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Inteligent debate?!! You know fanboys better than that. This is gonna get ugly, as it always does. Even worse than Hulk/Juggernaut!!

But on the other hand, it'll be pretty funny to watch the rabid fanboys go crazy over this one, lol.

bardock
a fanboy frenzy. i hope we can keep this a good clean debate.but hey we just got this new forum why not hit her with the mother of all vs threads.

Gregory
Looks to me that that site is about pre-Crisis Superman. He's weaker now.

ska57
okay, okay....Supes could still win

bardock
it would be a good match no doubt

spyrokinesi35
I don't think that supes could take a super-kamehameha blast, but I don't think goku could take even one of supes heat blasts. p.s. they have different gravity there, like supes doesn't have ne powers on his planet. but the db earth has way more gravity. pwer lvls. the farmer has regular human srentght of 10 and goku has strenght of over a 1000 just as a 14 year old. also he could barely manage to huld it up because he just got a super sized no bean can of whoop as opened up on him

bardock
What the f**k?

Tron
True true, can't argue there. Like I said in the Vash/Spider-Man thread, they did this in Wizard #133, when they did battles with American and Japanese characters, with Goku vs. Superman of course, Spider-Man vs. Vash the Stampede, G-Force vs. the Bat-Fam, Wolverine vs. Manji, and Tetsuo vs. Jean Grey. They more or less evened out their strength to make the battle somewhat fair, Goku still won it though. It would take time, but if y'all want, I could type out the whole short story on it.

Victor Von Doom
Since when did a cheapo cartoon character become legitimate enough to fight DC's primary character?

Goku vs Hey Arnold is more realistic.

bardock
goku is a great character so i dont know what your talkng about vic

Mane
this is the shittiest match-up...i HATE these anime/comic book crossovers. theyre all just a hot bucket of barf

Into the Void
I seriously hate this matchup. This should just be merged with the other 50 kajillion(ok, 8) other Goku/Superman threads.

Tron
Okay, here's the Goku vs. Superman match-up from Wizard #133:

The wizard Babidi manipulates Goku into thinking an eighth Dragonball exists on a parallel Earth protected by an invincible Kryptonian. The Super Saiyan crosses over dimensions and finds the Man of Steel inspecting a LexCorp satellite. Goku introduces himself by throttling Superman into the nearby moon. Shaking it off, Supes dodges the next couple of lunges, but his mysterious foe's martial arts prowess and teleportation ability allows him to land more blows. The Man of Steel proves to be able to absorb more punishment than the orange-clad bruiser, and surprises Goku with a couple of blasts of heat vision. Wanting to end the struggle, Goku rapidly teleports, landing a dozen blows to Supes in the span of a second. Not falling for the same trick, Superman's super-vision detects a particle flux when Goku teleports, allowing him to anticipate where his foe will appear. As the Z Warrior winks out and reappears, Superman unleashes a haymaker, pounding Goku deep into the moon's surface. The Man of Steel demands an explanation of this assault, but Goku amps up to Super Saiyan mode and fires off a kamehameha blast that fries Supes like a fish stick! Pressing his attack, a furious Goku unleashes a planet-destroying punch that hits a stunned Superman square in the "S" shield, knocking him clear off the moon and back towards Earth. Realizing the fall might kill the Kryptonian, Goku teleports and catches Superman before he goes splat. It is then that Goku senses there are no such Dragonballs on this Earth. Apologizing for his dishonor, Goku humbly begs for forgiveness before heading back to his own dimension to take out the lying Babidi. Puzzled at what had just happened, a woozy Superman collapses unconscious, awaiting medical attention.

Now that all came from Wizard, not me, so don't come my way with burning torches and shit, lol.

And here's something done on a fantasy battle site, the fanboys went wild on this one, lol:

http://www.electricferret.com/fights/issue_156.htm

It was so bad, they didn't even declare a winner.

Magee
wow lol i'd like to read that Superman vs Goku story, sounds funny.

Yea this has been done so many times,Im not realy sure of the out come fore this but i think Superman could do it, being a fan of both i know that Supermans strength out matches goku's. How i hear u ask, simple. I remember Goku training in the other realm for the tournament where he gets to go back to earth for a day. (buu saga) he has weights on his limbs. King kai trys to impress another kai by putting 40 tons on each limb, maybe just in total and Goku says its to difficult, but says it would be easy as a super sayian. So lets pressume he could lift 80 tons as SSj1 double that all the way up to... no triple it if u want all the way to ssj4 if u feel like it, then u only got what? screw let him lift 1,000 tons lol. Now Superman, moved a planet, lifted a submarine, i heard someone say weighs like 40,000 tons or sumthin blink

Dunno about speed, but Goku has that whole energy crap, Superman has eye lasers.....

Yea im a retard, so what?

Maestro
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't goku just blow up in space before he even got to the moon?

Tron
Well maybe, but then again Nappa and Vegeta were in a planet's orbit before Vegeta casually blasted the planet from space, so I don't know what to tell ya there.

Gregory
He wouldn't blow up; that's a Hollywood myth. As for what would happen to him ... Frieza claimed that Saiyans couldn't survive in the vacuum of space, but in the Bardock special, you see Bardock do just that, so who knows?

bardock
yeah bardock does that i am kinda an expert on himwink

Tron
Yeah, I forgot Bardock flew up to Freeza's ship orbitting his planet and beat on his army before Freeza blasted him and the planet to shit.

Tron
He probably meant in the long term. Remember he said that when he was about to detroy planet Namek, and said they can't survive, but he could, since he doesn't need air.

bardock
bump

Evangel94
Goku

SUPERMANDAMAN
Goku easily

Kontraz
superman doesnt stand a chance... goku could just go all "kid buu" on them and blow up the planet and teleport away (of course teleporting before the planet actually goes KA-BOOM)

Tron
Come on know, be reasonable. Goku's not blowing up anyone's planet, for the same reason Superman wouldn't, well, if he could anyways.

DarkCrawler
Could Superman fly through our planet? He could destroy our planet then...

I still think that Superman wins,

SUPERMANDAMAN
lol u must not watch dbz,goku could win without even going level 1

crazyspinz
as far as power goes, supes is way out matched here, goku could take out a planet without breaking a sweat
BUT
it takes goku all day to charge up ne thing that can do ne thing,
so supes hits him when he in the middle of his little kamay hamayha witch takes 3days ro say and supes take him

bardock
it doesnt take as long as people think

Swanky-Tuna
Sometimes it's a quick KAMEHAMEHA! And sometimes it takes 8 episodes to say KAAAA!!!

bardock
yeah but they time it has only been a few minutes

ragesRemorse
Superman out guns Goku in every way. Except that goku has a halo, and i think that mens he can go back and fourth to heaven or somthin, but even then Superman has done that too.

crazy
goku would win easily... way easily...

ragesRemorse
how so?

Thirst
they're both basically the same....each would counter each other's moves. Just that Goku can become stronger and stronger with each level...Superman cant....so i'd go with Goku. It'd still be a tough fight though.

Khellendros
Sorry, but Goku is several times more powerful than Freeza, who blew up planets like it was a friggin HOBBY. Pure physical strength, superman wins, but when Goku starts unloading with the enegy blasts, Superman is OUT. Superman fans, don't get mad at me, its those crazy logic-impaired writers who made Goku so ridiculously strong.

Kontraz
really, i dont see what the arguement is... Vegeta could blow up planets before he even fought goku, and they were about even back then (for the sake of arguements and technicallities lets just leave it at that). I'm sorry, but what CAN superman do to him that would even make him NOTICE the guy??? Shoot him with eye lazers? Really.... I dont think that would even burn his clothes (dont quite get how that works, but for some reason your clothes get stronger as you do...) Punch him? Goku is not only millions upon millions times stronger, but faster as well. Fly at him? A guy who can fly around the world countless times in less than a second.... plus he can teleport. Superman is "faster than a speeding bullet", correct? Well, Radditz, Goku's first foe in dbz could easily catch a bullet between his fingers.... and radditz is EXTREMELY WEAK by dbz standards.... lets not even get into GT....

ragesRemorse
you guys argue, well these guys blow up planets. you dont think Superman has the abilities to destroy planets at will? I usually do not take sides of Superman,but in this case i have to argue that he would rein victorious. If these two were fighting, both would take into consideration of the planet they are fighting on, both sides would hold back abilities in consideration of destroying the planet.

Now if you want to write this off and just say screw there characters, lets just see an all out grudge match of power. you know how strong superman is? Well he would be even stronger if he let all his restraints go. Superman's peak strength capability is unknown. the current Superman rarely ever gets fatigued. Goku seems to tire out after embracing his top energy levels after a while. Superman is always as strong as he is, he is always as fast as he is, he doesnt get less stronger only more.

Goku has to sustain certain energy reserves to be capable of achieving his super saiyan levels. granted he can basically stay super saiyan with no attempt, however that would not be enough to challenge superman. Goku also loses power and speed capabilities the more he is beaten and the more fatigued he gets. Yes it takes alot for him to get this drained,but it happens. I am more than certain superman would be fast enough to keep Goku's energy blasts at bay. If not it wouldnt effect him that much. It would take a long consistant pounding of his top energy blasts. Goku doesnt have the abilityto keep pumping out the strongest of his artilary without tiring and having to bust down a saiyan level. It takes Goku great concentration and a large amount of his energy to pull off a kahmeha what ever the hell it is.

when you knock superman down, he is going to come back as strong as he was when you knocked him down, if not stronger. you knock down Goku enough, and force him to use his energy he will eventually be nothing more than a super saiyan or just a saiyan.

bardock
goku is way faster than the speed of light.superman is only 99% the speed of light

ragesRemorse
okay?

Maestro
sorry for bumping this thread, but couldn't goku go golden oozaru or sumthin, and just pound on superman?

p.s when hes oozaru, his strength and speed greatly increase and he doesn't get fatigue.

Kontraz
you do realize that while in super saiyen levels 3 and 4, the more damage the person TAKES the stronger, faster, and quicker he becomes, right? Also... Goku was much faster than superman would ever be BEFORE he went Super Saiyen 2.... and now he's 4.... plus he was much stronger than supes before he even went 1... there just IS NO CONTEST here.

spyrokinesi35
all goku has to do is instan-transmit them both into the sun, and they'll both die, and goku will get wished back

DarkCrawler
I don't think that Superman would die in Sun. After all that is what gives him his powers...

bardock
goku is faster at base level so he doesnt need all that energy to fight supes.when goku powered up the heavens shook so if he did supes would have somthing on his hands.but superman is stronger no doubt but what good does strength do if you cant hit him

spyrokinesi35
that would be wierd to see them battle though, they have a pretty similar stryline. goku gets sent in a pod to take over the earth, then sell it superman gets sent in a pod to take over the earth, so on and so forth

crazyspinz
umm supes wasnt sent to take over earth...

Kontraz
how is superman stronger? Really? I have NEVER seen him do anything that makes him powerful enough to blow up a planet SIMPLY by raising two fingers.... and that was goku back before he went super saiyen..... I mean really....

spyrokinesi35
Oh yeah him and goku were sent to destroy the earths

Swanky-Tuna
The thing that got on my nerves about dbz is they had no frame of reference AS WELL as being overly ridiculous. In the begining they moved faster than light, in the end they moved faster than light. Regardless, I will stick with Superman because I find him less absurd.

Yeah, Superman would just become even more insanely powerful.

They don't have the cheezy everybody-uses-fireballs type system. He could probably fly though the Earth, like previously mentioned, at the speed of light or something.

Gregory
Physically. While SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta were struggling to keep a building in the air, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern were moving the moon.

(I do so hate repeating other member's points)

crazyspinz
superman wasnt sent to destroy anything, his planet blew up so his parents sent him here

Kontraz
well,thats also GT... GT was rediculous in that nothing was "realistic" anymore. Keep in mind piccollo was able to blow up the moon before the vegeta and napa arrived at the beginning of Z. That, and Goku was able to seperate an entire mountain in 2 while standing still....

or you can just say that goku was stronger than majin buu, and buu could lift buildings with ease

spyrokinesi35
well, on smallville jor-el said something like that, but I know for sure that both of the planets were about to be destroyed and kakarot and kall-el's paren't both shot them to earth in pods, hoping that they would land safley and liv haappily. also goku is only stronger than the previos buu's, he's not stronger, nor could he defeat "kid" buu, it everybit of earth's energy, plus some to make a genkai dama (spirit bomb), and even afterthat that he was reincarneted into ubb, then later fused with buu and became majuub. he's also right the characters (with the exeption of goku, vegeta, goten and trunk) were stronger in dbz then they are in dbgt. beside being able to destroy planets and moons is waaaaaaaaaay better than being able to move it (they didn't get as good ratings so they cancelled the season at 1 62 episodes wheras dbz got hundreds of good ratings). dangit whats with me and the essays?

Kontraz
ACTUALLY goku could have killed kid buu as super saiyen 3. He toyed with him so that vegeta would get a chance to fight him (or so he claims... but in the DBZ universe characters typically have to tell how the outcome COULD have been...) But after letting Vegeta fight him, he had wasted too much power and couldnt power back up to needed levels.

spyrokinesi35
oh yeah I remember also they had a saiyan pride episode where grand kai offered the fusion earrings, but they said the'yd rather die than have and unfair match

Evangel94
Pre-crisis superman sneezed and destroyed a galaxy (not kidding)

Mane
who said you were?

vitaldragon
Goku would easily win...come on Goku can destroy an entire galaxy if he wanted too, he's waaay faster than Superman, and plus all Goku needs to do is teleport to Krypton, show him Kryptonite and Superman is dead...

Tron
Ummm, Krypton was destroyed when Supes was a babyno expression

spyrokinesi35
goku can have bulma whip up a kryptonite dector (he's got the hook-up) and just find it, instantly transmit, then get a knife and shvae it 'till it's razor sharp, and stab it through his heart

crazyspinz
or goku could just blow up wutever solor sytem supes happens to be in, and save money on the knife....

spyrokinesi35
lol

YourBiggestFan
LOL!

Tron
To get a little serious here, Goku's not going for any kryptonite or anything of the sorts, there's no honor in that. He's gonna fight Superman while Supes is at the top of his game, just how Goku likes it. If it's not a good fight, it's not even worth it. Remember Goku loves to fight, and fighting someone like Superman, he'll have the time of his life.

Damnit, I tryed to avoid this thread, oh well, lol.

emraldguardian
^^IM RICK JAMES *****!!!!

DarkCrawler
Man, I wonder what the show's writers were smoking when they were writing that...

angelicdarkness
I think Trunks could waste everyone

muhahahaha

spyrokinesi35
o yeah and ne ways they wouldn't fight eachother ne ways because they would both hold back because they just want peace and both of them are too "boyscout" to kill eachother

seretur
True. But Superman at the top of his game. Is that possible? Superman can't improve. He can't get stonger or faster. What is he going to do drink milk.

Kontraz
exactly supes is outmatched to begin with, and he has no real way of improving to even be able to stand a CHANCE against goku.

Swanky-Tuna
Well, the fact of the matter is DBZ is, on a scale from Mission Hill to Animaniacs of "realism", a Freakazoid.

vitaldragon
And Superman is really the most believable thing on TV? At least DBZ has a better explanation for the things in it.

crazyspinz
goku can destroy wutever he want wenever he wants, he would beat supes, then take a nap

Swanky-Tuna
Superheroes are up there but DBZ is further up on the no-sense scale. And I don't see how DBZ would be more explainable.

Tron
I know, I meant a non-krytonite poisoned Supes, after he's had his vitamins and bathed in the Sun for a few hours, and maybe some milk, he has to get kids to drink it somehow since he's a rolemodel.wink

And yeah, they're both boyscouts, but Goku has no problem killing when he has to, unlike old Supes.

DarkCrawler
You...are...saying...that DBZ is sensible? Explainable?What the f**k?

Linkalicious
Superman snaps Goku's neck before he can go off into one of those 15 minute power ups that take 1/2 an episode.

Superman wins...

emraldguardian
That was back when they werent as well trained, by the end of DBZ Goku could go level 2 in no time. Not to mention in Dragon Ball when Goku was just a kid he could move small mountains and crush huge boulders, and that was back when his power level was only at the most 100 now he is way up in the millions easily.

Linkalicious
Superman's feats of strength are every bit as impressive as Goku's...

DBZ fans can fight and fight and argue til their purple in the face. There's no way for them to prove their cartoon character is stronger or better than Superman at all.

Superman wins...s

Samurai Guy
So long as the sun feeds Supermans Strength, he wins. Very few can match Superman in a fight, and sorry but Goku is not one of them

manjaro
no dude . these are two totally different universes. i would readily accept superman's victory were it goku's initial power levels. like the first two sagas, even up to the frieza saga. but by the time cell came into the picture, goku and gohan were already capable of walking around in ss2 form, and powering up in the blink of an eye. and thats where i think that superman starts to be outmatched. not mention when they got even more ridiculously powered when buu came in the mix. and in DBGT when he achieved ss4 and his energy alone was rattling the whole freaking planet. now that i think about it, at every interval when they powered up there energy rattled everything in the surrounding area. i dont think superman can hold a cnadle to that, and News flash! goku's strength is fueled by the sun's energy as well.......(and any other living thing he can draw powere from for that matter)

the only drawback is that for some of their most powerful attacks it takes a long and dramatic time to level up. so who knows maybe supes would be smart enuff to capitalize

Kontraz
you keep saying stuff like "superman could do way more stuff" Well... give me a few examples. REally. thus far you have givin pretty much nil to back up your "arguement". If you show me that superman can destroy an entire galaxy within seconds then he might stand a fraction of a chance....

also...
Goku's done kamehameha's without powering them up, and they were pretty destructive in their own... and who even says he has to do a "name move"? he can just launch all of those energy blasts that don't even take nanoseconds to charge, each of them powerful enough to destroy buildings...

crazy
its sadpeople are fanboys and believe supes would win...

and dbz is more explainable because its about "training" and finding your inner yourself and finding peace with your mind and body. Superman is an alien from space with random powers.. cool..

Linkalicious
no actually, i didn't say "superman could do way more stuff" But that sounds like the kind of excuse I would get from a DBZ fanboy.

Ever seen Goku push a planet out of it's orbit? I rest my case...

Goku can't destroy a galaxy in seconds...Goku can destroy a galaxy after 28 minutes of powering up during a stupid CARTOON episode.

In that time, Superman would rip the throat right out of Goku and leave him on the floor crying...

And don't give me that crap that Superman is an alien from another planet with powers...cool. CRAP! Where the hell is Goku from?

Again...i rest my case.

You can't prove me wrong, i can't prove you wrong...there's no winning this argument, it's all about preference and choice.

Swanky-Tuna
The sun's not alive.

Training and finding peace with your mind and body doesn't explain obtaining the power to destroy planets through thought.

Superman's powers come from processing the yellow sun's energy differently... and kind of to an extreme.

Gregory
Whereas Goku is an alien from space with the no doubt totally nonrandom power to turn into a giant monkey. Uh huh.

Mane
laughing nice.

spyrokinesi35
plus goku has the dragonballs, plus he can have his weapon of choice. Like I said all e has to do is esnse it get it and shoot back he can travel across a galaxy and back in 5 minutes. not to mention it's totally unfair to put akira vs dc. radom off-topic post: I would like to see tien shen-han vs. yu yu hakusho (anime vs anime, and If i'm not mistaken akira toriyama wriets for both the shows). an for you answerI'm a recent big supes fan and an ex dbz (still watch dbgt though, but not really interested) fan so you can say I'm sticking up for goku or supes because I like supes now more than I liek goku, It's just that I do think that he will win (damn, me and these half a page long essays) also another off topic quote why the heck is michael rosebaum playing lex on smallville, he's too small, if you see the justice leagues and the comics, you'll see that lex is bigger (not fatter just bigger) than him.

Gregory
Nope. Yu Yu Hakusho is by Yoshiro Togashi.

seretur
Power up? laughing

He can turn super sayian 2 in like a second. And this snaping his neck, superman is slow in the air, and compared to Goku, superman is about as fast as a snail.

Kontraz
i'm still waiting for you to give me ONE example of something supes can do that goku can't. You keep saying gokus just isn't good enough. Well, hell, he beat broly who destoyed an entire galaxy within seconds... and that was back when he was only ssj1... "again, i rest my case"... lol

really, what has superman done that goku can't. Put on glasses so people can't recognize him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gregory
Superman is far harder to hurt. He cannot be cut with a sword, for example--Goku can.

crazyspinz
umm dude, that sword was being used by someone like 20x faster and stronger than supes, if supes got hit that hard with a sword like that he would be dead

Gregory
Hm? I was thinking of how the various Saiyans repeatedly got their tails cut off, actually.

Kontraz
you do realize that trunk's sword (which is more powerful than any swords of earth) was unable to harm goku while he was just ssj1.... and trunks was ssj1 wielding it.... Yeah, that the same sword that cut mecha-frieza, the advanced version of a psycho alien that blew up a planet with ease (yes, it did take forever to blow up, but it was inteded to take a while cuz frieza wanted to fight), into itty bitty bite sized morsals.

seretur
That is right. Listen to him he knows what he is talking about.

Again yes. This guy also knows what he is talking about.

Superman has trouble with reagular people and weak villins.

Goku>box<Superman

Superman> boxed

Superman>sadangel

emraldguardian
This is dumb Superman is prolly my favorite comic character but he doesnt stand up to how strong Goku is.

Linkalicious
You are like a 5 year old kid that sits there screaming at the monitor.

I gave you one GOOD EXAMPLE of something Superman has done that Goku has thus far not done. And that was PUSH A PLANET OFF ITS ORBIT.

It's not my fault you're so entraped in your DBZ world that you don't want to accept that.

Who cares what level Super Saiyen he is....you can't compare the strength between the two. Who are you to say that normal Superman isn't on par with SSJ2 Goku? Do you have some sort of insider information that none of us do?

No, you're just a hopeless fanboy that wants nothing more than to say "Goke is teh L337!!!!!!1111 Goku = pwnage!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha ROXORZ!!!!111"

Now run along, i'm sure you're missing some Toonami or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please realize you're not going to win this arguement and that I'm TOOO narrow minded to ever accept anything you say as plausible.

emraldguardian
SPAZZZZZZZZZZ!!

seretur
Ok superman can push a planet off its orbit. But so could Goku if he wanted to. And Goku can destroy a planet and the Sun. And Goku knows Kung Fu.

Linkalicious
Proof please...

seretur
He killed a Guy that could do it at he weakest stage. And the Spirit Bomb that he used against Kid Buu could have destoyed the planet, did you see the crater, but he stoped it before that it did, but if Buu wasn't destroyed he would have pushed the bomb untill the planet ws destoyed.

Swanky-Tuna
I could kill a body builder with a crowbar but does that mean I can lift barrels of clay from point A to point B in record time?

And with that same crowbar, I can destroy a piano but I'd never be able to move it by myself. Well, maybe after I eat the body builder's heart to gain his courage.

Linkalicious
but he didn't do it himself....

Yahhhh..the Spirit Bomb arguement!!! big grin

Good, and how long did that spirit bomb take to create and then throw? what...like a whole episode?

Great in that time Superman can fly in, rip out Goku's throat, fly home, wash his tights, and sit down to enjoy the evening news...

Gregory
The same Goku who couldn't even lift a building by himself?

I sympathise with the people who thing GT is stupid, but that doesn't make it go away.

Linkalicious
I put up this stubborn arguement, not because I'm a Superman fan and not because I hate Goku.

I do it because comparing Anime and Comics is just retarded.

Like the Bullseye vs. Vash the Stampede thread. Vash dodges bullets, Bullseye doesn't miss. So does that mean Bullseye would miss because Vash dodged it? or does that mean he would hit Vash just the same?

No one knows...and no one will be able to prove such a thing. It's futile to argue against the two.

Kontraz
you dont put up a subborn arguement in the least. You put up a stubborn fanboy whinetastic b*tchfest. "superman pushed a planet out of orbit". Proof goku could do the same.... hrrm.... 1) it takes a lot more power to cause something to explode than to simply move it. 2) Vegeta blew up a planet in the early day sof dragonball z 3) Goku is now MUCH stronger than Vegeta was then.

and there is an explaination for why Goku is weaker in GT.... he was turned back into a kid, and it takes a tremendous toll on his energy/power to "transform" back into his normal state. Thats about the only loop hole for such bad writing.

so.... how do you want this as a comparison? Goku at his top or at his worst? Cuz plenty of people could beat him at his worst... which is Dragon Ball and most of Gt. Or, should he be at his top? Or even mediocre? Which would be pretty much anything after the first saga in "Z", in which he would dominate superman with ease.

crazyspinz
agreed

Linkalicious
Dude look in the mirror you loser. Who's the one being the fanboy?

you're the one doing the whining and crying. So what, someone thinks Superman can beat Goku, look at you pissing your pants over this.

Your "proof" isn't proof at all.

What does that prove you 6 year old? You can't have a mature conversation without losing your cool. Then you should really consider visiting a different forum.

and after that....quit your b!tching.

Swanky-Tuna
Ahem, crowbar vs piano.

It's much easier to blow things up than move them. You could blow up a tank with an rpg. Blow up a small building with a stick of dynamite. Destroy an ice sculpture with a baseball. But it takes much more to physically move them. Especially if they're in motion.

spyrokinesi35
like I say I don't make one person look bad, but you can have all the strenght and super powers in the world, but It won't do very good if you can hit or touch them you're right supes can't be cut with a sword, bet goku is waaay to fast to be cut by any sword. there are few ppl in the marvel/dc world that can even touch him with the sword. and for the millionth time IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW STRONG YOU ARE IT'S TACTICS, SPEED SKILL AND STRENGHT THAT COUNT. NOT JUST PURE STRENTH, NOT JUST PURE SPEED IT TAKES DEXTERITY DA##*! alos I think his drawings and graphics way above akira's. also that's not true the first time vegeta and goku fought, goku underestimated him and got his ass whooped after that he could beat him, and I'm giong with the piano and crowbar thing. and also can we quit with the name calling? no ones a loser and no one's stupid for sharing their thoughts I don't call you stupid for thinking supes will win and I don't call someone else stupid for thinking goku will win, now do I?

seretur
That is SO true. yinyang

clap clapping clap clapping clap

Kontraz
i have yet to lose my cool, you on the otherhand have yet to give ANY reason that has yet to be shot down as to why supes could ever beat goku.

oh, and swanky, yes it is easier to smash a piano into bits than move it, but try smashing the piano into bits WITH YOUR FIST. It is much harder then (unless you know where to hit the piano of course, but then you are not measuring the ease of crushing it to moving it, you are measuring the ease of manipulating its design verses moving it...) And, i was referring to physics. In physics, it takes much less energy to move something than to blow it up (NOT SMASH IT). Actually, your example is only hurting the cause for superman.... whenever someone has mentioned goku blowing up a planet, the supes side says that superman could fly through the planet and do the same damage. Well, its easier to kinetically bash a planet than it is to cause it to explode...

crazyspinz
goku is the anime verson of superman, but un amime the heros are always blown outa porportion in every thing,

like they move like 40x the speed of light, but it takes them 4 episodes to go to the city down the road...

Kontraz
exactly... he is the same version of superman, just blown out of "realistic" porportion... I mean, i think superman is much more original, etc, but goku is just better in every way, fighting-wise.

Tron
Superman may or may not be a little stronger, but if there isn't a serously wide gap between them, then strength alone doesn't matter. Think Brock Lesnar vs. Bruce Lee.

(That's the best example I could think of at the moment, lol)

Swanky-Tuna
Okay, if my analogy is incorrect, how does it help Goku?

There's really no feats that I've seen on DBZ that I'm not completely sure Superman could survive.

Edit: And I also agree with Link in that anime vs comics is stupid since anime is more likely to break "rules" without make believe reasoning behind it.

Ytaker

Kontraz
in a vs battle you can't put limitations on a character to try to "even them out"! That's like pitting superman against wolverine, but making adamantium breakable and superman slower.... just doesn't work out... Goku could easily destroy a planet, and superman MIGHT be able to survive that, but he wouldn't be able to hold out against that kind of power for long.

Linkalicious
which planets has Goku destroyed? Let alone...easily destroyed?

I agree that a vs. fight is a vs. fight, but taking Goku all the way to SSJ4 is like saying Superman PRIME. How many times does Goku go SSJ4 in all of Dragonball (Z, GT...whatever you want) total?

Ytaker
I just want to remind you of the idea i'm proposing; Piccolo, when at a tinsy, babyish power destroyed the moon. Freiza, at a SS1 rivaling level took about six episodes to destroy Namek (his estimate was one episode). Recently i saw a justice league episode where GL was convicted of destroying a planet; apperently his power started a chain reaction in the lava. If planets died that easily then ours would have gone ages ago. Fortunately, they found out that it was a fake. It takes massive power to destroy a planet. The planet destroying fetish in DBZ is rather stupid.

Superman surviving. His resistance to damage is incredible. He can survive the nuclear reactions in the sun, which uses about half a billion tons of material a second. The question is, how fast is Goku at SS4, and how fast is Superman.

Kontraz
well, at supersaiyen 1, goku was faster than the speed of light (watch the few episodes where he's moving and his actual image is blurred behind him and he has to pause to wait for light to catch up with him). And ssj1 is the SLOWEST of all ssj forms....

Tron
Well, yeah, Goku isn't very bright academically wise, but when he gets into a battle, he's a fighting geniuse. So, his intellect isn't really a factor in a fight, cause most of his brain power goes to fighting. Remember, he's from a race that does nothing but fight and blow sh*t up, so he can handle pretty much anything in a fight. And Superman is very damn resistant to injury, but he can only take so much before he starts to wear down, and when he wears down, so does the force field protecting him, which can leave him open to a good kamehameha.

And if I remember correctly, in DC mainstream, GL (John Steward) actually did destroy a planet. I don't remember most of the details on it though.

Linkalicious
how can you prove that SSJ1 Goku travels the speed of light? Because he's a blur? So is Scooby Doo and Shaggy when they take off running...

Goku is a moron...no way around it. He doesn't turn on his fighting smarts. Superman easily has him beat when it comes to intelligence, both on and off the battlefield.

who?-kid
Lol laughing

Swanky-Tuna
It was probably because of Piccolo's monologue about his corkscrew demon screw beam dealie. H-HE... WOULD OF HAD TO MOVE FASTER THAN LIGHT TO DODGE THAT! or something like that. It's one of the reasons I don't like DBZ is because they immediately went to an extreme and went off the deep end from the start.

Linkalicious
well in THAT case....then i'll say he does travel the speed of light.

But i still think he shares a lot of Scooby Doo-esque qualities. Like his appetite, his intelligence, and "the gang"

Gregory
Cause nothing says "fighting genius" like healing the monster who's trying to destroy the world and then sending your son in to clean up the mess.

Swanky-Tuna
I wouldn't even take Piccolo's word for it though. I think Gohan is the only one who even went to school in the DB/Z series and he was a toddler then.

Kontraz
piccollo is one of the first nameks and has hundreds of years of wisdom + whatever it is nameks are taught (they have schools too, i'm guessing, and are pretty smart, seeing as they developed space travel long before we did).

Nataku8188
How about we look at the fact that both of these characters are the same Archetype, and a Vegeta vs Superman thread would be much more interesting.

Kontraz
nah, vegeta has all the same advantages goku has over superman (pretty much everything), plus vegeta is much more ruthless.

Swanky-Tuna
Piccolo split off some time when Goku was a kid though. I don't remember if Kame and Piccolo got a fair split of the knowledge or what since more and more DBZ knowledge is being forced down in my mind so that I need direct references to remember it.

Kontraz
they re-fused...

Swanky-Tuna
Not at the moment of "H-HE... WOULD OF HAD TO MOVE FASTER THAN LIGHT"

Gregory
Piccolo and Kami split long before Goku was born. I think you mean that Piccolo Daimo died and the current Piccolo was born.

Swanky-Tuna
Crap, yeah. I forgot about that.

crazy
How is goku a moron, academically yes he is... but in fighting ( which doesnt have match equations ) HE USES STRATEGY.

Gregory
Yes, like the famous "heal the enemy" stratagy and the noted "let your homicidal, massively powerful brother recover his strength" technique.

crazyspinz
dude there both dumbasses, last time i checked supes wasnt so smart, this fight would be all about power, in the 1st episode they met someone who could outrun the speed of light (raddits) and now like 500000 episodes later thay are like 10000000000xs stronger than that, supes would be owned

Tron
Yeah, of course, that wasn't bright. But like I said, he's from a race that loves to fight, and the more challenging the fight, the better. And, he has his damn honor, so he doesn't like fighting an opponent at a disadvantage. And he doesn't have to turn on and off any fighting smarts, it's not like he's Bizarro on the battlefield. He's been trained to fight since he was a child, and that's all he's done his entire life, it's all he knows. Yeah, he's not all that bright (he was raised in the woods, give him a break, lol), but when he's in a fight, it never really matters. He can read his opponents, figure out their strengths and weaknesses, and come up with a strategy against it. I could talk about how overly powerful he is, but that subject's already been touched. Even if they were sort of close in that field, Goku's still the better fighter.

Linkalicious
I'd definitly say that Goku has better Technique than Superman, and his martial arts skills are far beyond him. But I think you guys are using power entirely too much in this arguement.

Superman is smart, whoever it was that discredited his intelligence obviously knows nothing of Superman. He would not only out smart Goku, he would easily outsmart Goku.

As for the Superman vs. Vegeta thread....well that would be pointless. Much like in the show, Vegeta's arrogance would be his downfall.

Kontraz
not really... vegeta would own supes because of the huge power gap. It would be similar to vegeta verses kui or one of the other "lesser main characters" that he killed without even breaking a sweat.

Linkalicious
keep discrediting Superman. When was he ever TOO weak to do something?

Kontraz
when has he ever faced off against people who are thousands of times stronger than those who can blow up multiple planets in the afternoon, then "go take a nap" (stole that one from crazy)

Linkalicious
thousands of times stronger than those who can blow up multiple planets?

Pfft....when did that ever happen?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>