has any one seen this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
Has anyone read the intro from GL himself in the reprint of Slinter of the Minds Eye

" It wasn't long after I began writing Star Wars that I realized the story was more than a single film could hold. As the saga of Skywalkers and Jedi Knights unfolded, I began to see it as a tale that could take at least nine films to tell-three trilogies-and iI realized, in making my way through the back story and the after story, that I was really setting out to write the middle story."

Ghetto Goblin
no

PVS
i remember yeeeeears ago after rotj he planned on making one sequel and then the prequels

Ghetto Goblin
yes

soundmine
Oh god please please please... I know they might screw it up terribly if they do 3 more, but wouldn't it be wonderful?

PVS
yeah, twould be pretty sweet...

Jedi Priestess
no no no NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad

PVS
i said WOULD JP!!! can we not dream? big grin

jedijunky1138
The book was reprinted prior to 1999 so who's to say what the plans are now, just thought it was interesting.

Jedi Priestess
Not about that!!!! It is FORBIDDEN!!!! death

j/k wink

PVS
AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

thats just a gruesome smiley face

cornponious
Alright, I'll say that I've known about 9 films, 3 sets of 3, since episode V. It was just common knowledge that Lucas planned to do 9 stories. But times change, and he took an extra long time to make the prequels. I'd love to see 3 more, but who knows if it will happen.

corn

Jedi Priestess
ok now Ive just lost ALL faith in ya Corn messed

PVS
dont worry corn, JP's just been beating us all up today big grin

Jedi Priestess
oh I HAVE not........you men need to grow some.....

jedijunky1138
JP why don't you want to see 3 more? let the saga continue. I think it would be great!

Jedi Priestess
Because the saga is about Anakin.........PERIOD

PVS
well, its not like its up to JP! stick out tongue

PVS
see? what did i tell ya? laughing

jedijunky1138
And about the rumors of a TV series!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!
The saga was originaly about the droids R2D2 and 3PO.

Jedi Priestess
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

hysterical

jedijunky1138
That was from GL himself.......can't remember when I heard it but I know I did.

Jedi Priestess
death

PVS
well, when it was just the OT, it did seem that way.
in ep4, the first (how many minutes...like 20?) part of the film was nothing but r2/3po. thats how we were introduced to SW.

jedijunky1138
YUP!

jedijunky1138
I swear I heard it from GL himself. I think it was from one of the (making of) shows. iduno

PVS
i wouldnt doubt it.
GL tells us he had it all mapped out from the beginning,
but he's full of s***. but the fact is, at this point, his mind is set on
anakin as being the center of the saga.

the fact (thats right JP *fact*) that he planned on a sequel years ago proves that. anakin was dead, so if he was the center of the story THEN, why have a sequel? simple, GL changed his mind

edit>>> which i dont mind, but why cant he just admit it?

darth_surgent
The OT wasn't based on the droids, it was made "from their point of view." Just as the PT was made "from Obi-Wan's point of view." The focus is still on Anakin when it comes to the storyline.

Hayden'sgurl
ABSOLUTELY NOT

darth_surgent
Absolutely not, what?

Jedi Priestess
GL ORIGINALLY said he planned 9 movies. During the filming of ROTJ he said he was DONE after 6. He admitted it already.

Hayden'sgurl
i dont think more should be made

darth_surgent
Yup, no more movies are gonna be made people. Accept it or wait 100 years to make more with Supershadow once Star Wars hits the Public Domain. laughing

Darth Cain
So many people say they want more but would complain when GL did things they didn't like. At one point in time, he had ideas for three trilogies (what the last would feature, I'd love to know). That was a few decades ago.
Now, he is content with two trilogies- we must be as well.

NoMeN
anyone else noticed this? its from april fools 2001. have a look, episode 1 to 9

http://www.starwars.com/episode-v/feature/20010401/401/

queeq
YEs...?

NoMeN
im just trying to bring some hope. stick out tongue We need it big grin

Darth Malik
I think we should all just wait and see who here thought ten years ago he would make the PT?

queeq
I don't think sequels are a good idea. Unless he gets himself a couple of decent directors.

robakin
Mark Hamill said in the UK star wars mag a couple of months ago that GL told him what ep 7-9 were about and Luke wasn't even in them. He makes a cameo in ep 9.

queeq
Whaaat?!

darth_surgent
I second that reaction.

queeq
Good good. Maybe we should send GL a petition.

darktim1
who knows .

queeq
Why not?

darktim1
it would be good to send him a petition.

queeq
okay

guiro72
sure, the saga is about anakin, but it's pretty hard not to see the original trilogy as focused very heavily on luke's part in the overall arc.....it's ABOUT anakin, but the FOCUS is on luke.....

interesting unrelated point that i'll throw in....it's not my observation, i read it somewhere else and liked it, but it was to do with the way that luke is really pretty divorced from the rebel alliance after ep IV, in ep V he's left them behind after the first 20 mins or so, and when he arrives in the briefing room in ep VI, he's really standing to one side, dressed differently to everyone else, and just not really a part of it anymore....everyone welcomes han, chewie, lando etc., but it's as if they hardly recognise luke when he walks in.....just liked that observation is all.....

and JP, why are you so against the sequels?....i agree my gut reaction is fear, but when the prequels were announced were you against those too?.....it's the same situation, and seems like fear of the unknown to me (i have the same reaction, but i'm curious enough to be curious).....

anakin, yoda and obi wan would all be able to return as force ghosts (unless we find out otherwise), so it possibly wouldn't be completely divorced from the anakin story arc....(yeah, i know, clutching at straws)....

that hamill quote is damn interesting, and i'd never heard it before....hadn't heard the splinter preface in those exact words either, but the information in it is familiar to me....thanks guys....

PVS
interesting, i see that as well.
luke is still part of the team, but he does seem separated.
kinda like the jedi are seperate and a bit alienated from the republic.
they work together, but dont share much of an understanding of eachother.

guiro72
yeah, especially interesting that i don't think he gets much of a warm welcome from the troops....although i stress again that it's not my observation, i pinched it.....

cornponious
I'll just bite you and you'll forget all about that silly little quote.

corn

guiro72
he said it would take nine films?.....perhaps two of these are the ewok movies?......*ducks for cover*......

PVS
spam_laser

Morgoths_Wrath
Hell, while hes at it he might as well make 12 movies! Come on people, its nice to dream but it will never happen. How long did it take lucas to get the PT up and going? He'll unfortidenly be dead before he can start a new trilogy...or even worse start the third trilogy and die while its being made. What a disaster...

A third trilogy is bad news. End of dicussion

guiro72
it took a long time to get the prequels up and running, but he's up and running now....so it would take no time at all to continue....i'm as doubtful as you, but before the prequels were announced i NEVER assumed anything else would ever be made....if some fan had told me he would make 3 more films then, i would have scoffed....

not fighting hard for the "they will happen" team, but there's no reason they wouldn't, and there are weird rumours floating about....

Morgoths_Wrath
i guess we cant completely rule out the possibility...hes on a roll anyway, and thats more money in his pocket if he does...

wolfdraven
George should just leave it at ROTJ and that's it. If he really wants to go on and progressing the saga then make one sequel and that's it. No more after 7. I really think its a stupid idea to make 3 more films. If george had maybe 20 more years in him I say go for it George. But I think he should just finish ep3,make the final Indiana Jones film, and just relax and savor his retirement.

guiro72
it seems like he might have decided he is "mr star wars" after all lately....but what about "after this i want to forget star wars and make a bunch of weird avante garde films"?.....i was kinda looking forward to that too....

rayj
I think that they should just get a really really good author and write out the third trilogy in big books, (under the close supervision and scrutany of GL) and then if the books were really really good, then they could MAYBE make the films a lot later, but I think they should put the last trilogy out in some form, and I think in book form it would be the best! smokin' smokin'

guiro72
it would still be eu to me.....that's just my bias....and they couldn't make them a lot later 'cause lucas is getting on....they'd have to dive right into it quick....i still don't know what the hell they'd be about, i have horrible eu visions of a "darkside luke"....yecchh!.....but then i didn't think they'd be able to pull off a lot of what they seem to be doing now (like writing chewie in convincingly).....the plot and the whole premise would be a big surprise for me, i honestly can't imagine it.....

Darth Cain
No one would like what he did, why ask for that?
Really, the story is done in 6 films. That's enough, and I love Star Wars....
Besides, George isn't doing them.

Now, as for a TV show.....

guiro72
i agree, it feels finished....new one's would feel like an epilogue, the start of a whole other story (maybe - they might do something clever)....

but if the rumour were true (and i stress, "if"wink, why would he get everyone at lucasfilm to sign on the dotted line?....only thing i can think is to wind up fans, but it seems like a lot of effort to go to....

Darth Cain
Could be this phantom TV project featuring Boba Fett and the extermination of the galaxy's protectors, or whatever.....

guiro72
most logical answer, but didn't the rumour specifically state eps 7, 8 & 9?....

Darth Cain
The rumour may have......

But Lucasfilm didn't. I don't think I like the idea of a TV series, makes me think of Star Trek....

guiro72
definitely....i seem to be involved in a lot of threads at the moment where the answer is "wait and see"......no answers at present.....

Darth Cain
That's the nature of speculation, though.
6 am? Where are you?

guiro72
i prefer not to reveal that....
and to roam the universe free from cultural stereotypes.....

Darth Cain
Ahhhh......
Its cool. I just asked because its far from here obviously. Time is different past the Rishi Maze.....

And I can understand regarding stereotypes, I've seen too much nationalism on here at times.

guiro72
nah, i'm not that serious, i'm still enjoying the anonymity(sp?) for a bit...

trust me this forums not that bad....you ever read aicn forums?....

Darth Cain
Yes, I have.....
One intelligent post for every 20 ignorant ones. If there's an intelligent post....

guiro72
if you get on a hot topic like the new michael moore film, or the death of reagan....whhooo boy.....you get stuff like "you people sitting there in other countries using AMERICAN computers to post on an AMERICAN website devoted to AMERICAN movies blah blah you're just jealous because we run the world and you wish you were us, because we have the power and intelligence to run the world and you don't".....that's actually a pretty tame example, i've read far worse (guess i must have blotted it out of my mind)....it's so extreme that i think it must be some kind of ironic joke....and then i realise it's not....well, i haven't seen anything remotely like that here at all (or i wouldn't be posting here)....

but really it's not a heavy serious statement i made, i just like the idea of being a universal citizen of the world....i'll probably come clean some day down the track.....

now, what was the topic quick?.....

Darth Cain
Wow, this was originally a thread about an old book with an outdated forward.
Weird how far off-topic these threads can get, huh?

guiro72
embarrasment

(i think it was exhausted anyway. we don't know if there will be sequels or a tv series - that was about the extent of it)

queeq
I am very proud of you.

Darth Cain
Uh, thanks. Somtimes I try to sum up but it doesn't always help...

jedijunky1138
the thread was about an old book REPRINTED with a NOT SO OLD forward fron GL himself. The forward was written during the production of tfm. And yes it is sad how fast a thread can go off track.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.