The Blizzard Franchise (Sequels)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dark1365
What do you all think that the next Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft are going to be like? I mean, look at the way it's changed drastically. For example, take a good look from Warcraft II to Warcraft II, from Diablo to Diablo II. What do you think the next one is going to be like?

ragesRemorse
i cant stand diablo. I liked diablo 2 for the first half hour, untill i realized i was just doing the exact same thing over and over again, and would be through out the entire game. Maybe if they made the gameplay more involving, instead of pressing one button through the entire game, and have plot depth i would like it, but otherwise i think making anymore would be pointless. Warcraft III was ok, but again it just diddnt seem to have that much to the game.

BackFire
Well, the next game they make will most likely be Starcraft 2, and I think that will be similar to Warcraft 3.

SaTsuJiN
Im hoping starcraft 2 has higher details than the cartoony world of war3. Also less micromanagement and faster paced RTS than the original was.

there probably wont be a diablo III, because the diablo founders left (lmao). If they do decide to be brave and make Diablo III then I feel bad for them because its going to blow hard.

dark1365
You guys played Fable? I think that diablo III will be somewhat like that.

Turbo-Cajun
Dammit....I was hoping they would make another Daiblo. Well, Blizzard is doing WoW now, so they do employ people who can design rpgs. Maybe they could put something together with out those other guys....hopefully

SaTsuJiN
ew god no... diablo III will hopefully not be like fable.. Im speculating they will go for crazy realism to enhance the gothic architecture and the dismal atmosphere. I hope they bring back those tomes you read during Diablo 1.. like the sin war.. and the origin of the 3 and so on. They made the game feel very biblical.

Samas-adian
Hopefully Starcraft. Which I feel is still the best RTS game out there.

Turbo-Cajun
I hated starcraft...i was more into the C&C line of games then. I loved Diablo 2 though, I had a necromancer who was a true pimp.

El Toro
amen to that. cool in korea the best starcraft players are treated like rockstars!! they get contracts and sponserhips to play SC in tournaments.

well a starcraft sequel is very unlikely in the near future until since they are devoting themselves to WoW.

dark1365
BOO YAH! You guys seen any cool rumors on that game yet? I know for a fact that there is going to be a new protoss unit called the Vindicator. Looks like a zealot, but with a big mutha psi-lightning gun. They put it in Starcraft Ghost. There's pretty cool screens of it.

El Toro
OMG!!! a zealot with range attack.....excellent big grin *mr burns style

Robo-Chocobo
i think we can all agree(majority) that starcraft is in the top 5 best RTS of all time.

i liked warcraft 3, but for different reasons. I liked single player mode, and the char hero made it more involving, and a lot of nice user made rpgs have been made with the system.

however, the hero's make the game go at such a slower pace. also, when your opponents hero has higher level, and reaches 6 or 7 and your at 5 or 4, game over you lose. I liked the fast pace of starcraft, and hope they even speed it up..now all they need to do is add formations, and defensive options, like infantry in C&C:red alert 2. fear my infantry berlin wall MWAHAHAHA

Samas-adian
Yah, Warcraft 3 was lacking I felt. I enjoyed how in Starcraft building a defense is actually worthwhile. I also enjoyed how some units had special abilities but it wasnt overly powerful. Ex. Dark Templar. It was just a perfect blend of gameplay that made Starcraft so enjoyable.

SaTsuJiN
thats not entirely true.. you can easily kill a hero with a good strategy. not to mention a few heroes are well suited for the sole purpose of having an enemy hero meet his/her demise. I do agree about starcraft being faster though.. and ugh.. yes.. formations.. need!.. *cough* *beg*

§pearhead
i didn't think that looked all that great stick out tongue

a starcraft ghost 2 will be the best big grin

dark1365
I can almost guarantee that the majority of Blizzard fans will vote for Starcraft II first, before they make Starcraft Ghost II. They haven't visited the Starcraft universe for a long time now, hmm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.