Dr. Doom vs. the DCU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tron
How long will it take for Doom to take over this pathetic world?

Mav
he can't

Tron
I don't see why not. If he can do it in Marvel, he can sure as hell do it in DC. Unless he comes face to face with that accursed comic code. miffed

Mane
i would absolutely LOVE to see Doom beat the shit out of Supes. but i doubt it would happen

Tron
I'd like to see Doom laugh at Clark Kent's ridiculous disguise laughing

Victor Von Doom
I'd love to see it but it wouldn't happen. Maybe Doom and Thanos double team.

Tron
True, although we can alwas dream...

Tron
Always, damnit, lol

Linkalicious
Thanos has always respected Doom

SUPERMANDAMAN
I respect him also, but i mean he has a hard time with the FF i doubt he would do much against the JLA and if Spectre steped in he would be screwed.

Tron
Well he has a hard time with the FF cause his intellectual rival's on that team. Who on JLA is at that accursed Richards' level of intelligence? Don't say Batman, as smart as he is though, not quite on Reed's level though. And Doom would be aware of this Spectre, hell he might just go and claim the power of the Spectre for his own, which he seems to have a knack for.

SUPERMANDAMAN
True about Reed but the JLas stregth would more than make up for him and i doubt he would be able to claim the power of the Spectre seeing as how you have to be choosen by God or Living Tribunal or whatever you want to call em.

Tron
I don't know, Doom has his ways. And strength alone won't stop Doom that easy, he'll be ready for that, might even have all their weaknesses down pretty damn quick too. And wasn't Beyonder around Spectre's level? Just an off-panel question.

Mane
obviously that wont heppen, because Tribunal hasnt done it before. whos to say Spectre will?

Mav
Spectre jumps in a lot.... Especially 'cause he's Hal Jordan.

Mane
only when Hal Jordan with the Spectreforce. the original Spectre is different.

Tron
I doubt Spectre would just all of a sudden jump in, only if the JLA is in some really severe shit, , maybe. And if he so happened to, Doom may just be ready, anticipating Hal's interference.

Arachnoidfreak
He wouldn't just be dealing with the JLA. There's also the JSA, and the Teen Titans, and Justice League Europe, and probably hundreds of other heroes not connected to any group. I think Doom would get pretty far, but taking over the entire DCU is a bit of a stretch. Maybe if he teamed up with Thanos he could do it.

Mane
yeah id wager that him and Thanos could take over the Marvel AND DCU. seriously. those two are well equipped to take on virtually everyone except Tribunal and Spectre. thats assuming there no Gauntlet. if there is a gauntlet, than Thanos and Doom would be unstoppable until one decides to overthrow the other.

Gregory
The people who realize that the Spectre is not DC's version of the Tribunal, of course. He used to be part of the JSA, for heaven's sake.

Any Cloak and Dagger fans here? Because I'm remembering a time when Cloak and freaking Dagger (hardly first tier heroes) thwart Dr. Doom's plans. I'm pretty sure the accumulated might of the DCU would be up to the task.

Arachnoidfreak
That hardly means anything. Squirrel-girl friggin thwarted Dr. Doom's plans, and Galactus couldn't. Neither could Silver Surfer. All this says is that the outcome is unpredictable with the Good Doctor. He could conquer the DCU, or he could get taken out by a kick to the nads from friggin White Rabbit.

Ugh...Squirrel-Girl...friggin writers...

Beyonder
Against the entire DC universe: NO.

Against DC Earth: YES!

DC Earth might be powerful but their weakest are easily exploitable.
Superman = Kryptonite
GL = Color Yellow
Etc.

Lex, Brainiac, Polaris, etc. can beat down DC Earth heroes. Why can't Doom?

As for Spectre, Doom beat Beyonder. The Presence isn't going to endown Spectre with unlimited powers just to beat a planetary despot like Doom.

Gregory
Not any more.

I'm not a Marvel expert, but am I not right in thinking that Dr. Doom has not yet permenantly conquered the Marvel universe? And people are always complaining that DC heroes are too powerful, whereas Marvel heroes aren't. Unless I'm doing the math wrong, there is no reason to think that Doom would have better luck with the DCU (and no, "Marvel is cooler than DC" is not a valid reason).

Tron
Doom's already taken over Marvel Earth, three times, and gave it right back.

Kyle Rayner's the only one who's no longer week to yellow, but it's not like Doom can't exploit any other weaknesses of his, as in emotional or anything like that. And yeah, DC's characters are too damn powerful, it's not like Doom can't deal with this though. I'm sure he'd be somewhat aware of this, and spend plenty of time doing his homework. And like Beyonder said, most of DC's heroes' weaknesses are easily exploitable. And yeah, the entire DC universe, he can't do it, not at first at least, against the DC Earth, I don't see why he couldn't. And that accursed Richards isn't there to foil his plans, so that helps plenty.

And, Marvel's governments, and Reed Richards, have done a few simulations, and they all show that if Doom wanted to take over the world again, he could and would.

Krissy Von Doom
If Batman can take down the JLA, surely Dr Dooom, who's much smarter, with more resources and more devious would have as little, if not less, trouble doing so. And when the JLA goes down, the JSA, Teen Titans follow shortly thereafter.

Of course, this is assuming Dr Doom has a lot of preparation time.

Tron
Naturally, Doom would take all the time he needs, he's not foolish enough to jump into world domination until he knows what he's dealing with.

Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Doom is the man. Simple as that.

Gregory
Except that Batman had the advantage of working with the JLA for years and becoming intimately aquainted with every aspect of their powers and characters. And ultimately, remember, Tower of Bable was not the end of the JLA; Batman may have taken them down, but they got back up again in a hurry.

And more resources? In Marvel, no doubt. In the DCU, he'd have nothing.

Tron
Correction: He'd start off with nothing. He work on his resources over his time there, and utilize them as soon as he was ready.

Beyonder
Gregory

And more resources? In Marvel, no doubt. In the DCU, he'd have nothing.

He had nothing to begin with in Marvel. Then he got his armor and tech...then an entire nation...the world a few times...stole powers of cosmic gods time and time again (including the Beyonder)...

He'll conquer DC much faster since he already has his armor and knowledge acquired over the years. Gathering the resources won't take that long - not like it did for him when he started out in Marvel.

brainchild81
What do you think would happen if somebody transported Dr. Doom to the DC universe?

armandovalles
Id say Doom would take over, but not within a year. I think it would take him at least 2 years, but no more than 4.

LeAtHerRFace
Yeah Doom would take over... but hed save Batman as his sidekick or atleast his ally. He'd like Batman for his independence, intelligence, and keen.
Superman and Latern would be in the way so Doom would get rid of them at once.

EvilCap America
DOOM would do about as well as he has always done in Marvel.He is still DOOM and would have an impact but he also has a MUCH larger amount of massively powerful heroes to deal with and unlike MU couldnt just nuke NYC and kill 99% of the super hero population

brainchild81
lol. Marvel does make it seem like NY is the only place to fight crime sometimes.

True Sinister
The only person in DC I can see beating Doom is Darkside. They would probably work together but Doom is more likely to get greedy

ZephroCarnelian
Only person...?

There are plenty of people who could beat Doom in DC.

He's not some kind of God - he's just very smart and has plenty or technology.

If the Fantastic Four can beat him, so can the JLA.

Heck - even the Titans. big grin

True Sinister
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Only person...?

Heck - even the Titans. big grin The leauge could arguably be beaten by Magneto. The titans should not have a chane in hell of beating Doom.

ZephroCarnelian
Magneto... beat the Justice League...?

laughing

When GL surrounds him in a cage that inhibits any magnetic power and then J'Onnz rips every memory out of Magnetos mind, before Superman vapourises him into ashes with heat vision, I don't see Mags posing much of a threat.

I'm not underestimating Doom - I respect him and know his power.

I also know that he's beaten by someone stretchy, someone who can't be seen, someone who's big and orange, and someone who's often on fire.

The JLA are superior to the Fantastic Four, both in terms of numbers and magnitude of their powers.

Doom would be soundly beaten.

And yes, I apologise, Titans would probably fall into a trap of his or something. Though I do think they have enough power to do it, I think they lack the experience compared to the JLA or the F4.

spetznaz
Originally posted by brainchild81
What do you think would happen if somebody transported Dr. Doom to the DC universe?

Doom would make about as much impact in DC as he does in Marvel, possibly even less. Goodness, even the Titans (the Comicbook Titans not the Cartoon Teen Titans) could take Doom down, and even Young Justice could have a fair shot.
The JLA would make Doom look like a punk, and probably wouldn't even bother dealing with him themselves. It would be beneath them.
At the end of the day Dr Doom is an extremely smart very cool dude, but if he tried to be naughty in DC world he would quickly be put in his place. Goodness, Deathstroke could probably take him out so fast that it would be shameful.

spetznaz
Originally posted by True Sinister
The leauge could arguably be beaten by Magneto. The titans should not have a chane in hell of beating Doom.

The JLA would rip Magneto a new one. Easily. Too easily. In fact the Martian Manhunter, solo, could take care of Magneto and do it easily. Goodness, even Firestorm would give Magneto a hell-load of trouble.

Wynndar
might be underestimating mags there. Doom could do what he does best and steal power from the ultimate being in DC, and seeing that 'god' in DC has lost, I could see Doom doing the same, especially considering he is more crazy intelligent than the premiere intellects of DC.

Dizzle
DC God has never technically been beaten, Lucifer just hid his plot to redo Creation from him...

Beyonder
Originally posted by spetznaz
Doom would make about as much impact in DC as he does in Marvel, possibly even less. Goodness, even the Titans (the Comicbook Titans not the Cartoon Teen Titans) could take Doom down, and even Young Justice could have a fair shot.
The JLA would make Doom look like a punk, and probably wouldn't even bother dealing with him themselves. It would be beneath them.
At the end of the day Dr Doom is an extremely smart very cool dude, but if he tried to be naughty in DC world he would quickly be put in his place. Goodness, Deathstroke could probably take him out so fast that it would be shameful.

laughing Are you seriuos? Lex Luthor gives the JLA trouble. Your saying Doom wouldn't? That it'd be beneath them?

What's the JLA's top think? Batman? What's the FF's? Reed Richards! Now compare Bruce with Reed, has Bruce ever built a 1/3 of the crazy gadgets that Reed comes up with?

Doom has built a time machine, doombots, taken over a small country, studied magic, builds devices to steal powers from cosmic beings, a suit compare to Iron Man's, etc.

The JLA are screwed against Doom. So is DC Earth. Doom gets ahold of a GL ring or steals Superman's powers and the DC Earth is f#cked. Think Watcher Doom, Surfer Doom, or Galactus Doom. He's stolen their powers, nobody in the DC Earth is any different.

Wynndar
yea Doom with a GL ring would be more powerful than any GL yet.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar
yea Doom with a GL ring would be more powerful than any GL yet. I dont know fore sure if the ring would work if he wore it.

Dizzle
It works for anyone, but all depends on willpower.

And oh, Hal Jordan called. He says "bring it".

Beyonder
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I dont know fore sure if the ring would work if he wore it.

He'll pull something off. Superman, Flash, or MM has a nice set of powers. If he looked towards Highfather or Darkseid, he could stomp DC Earth even easier.

snoopdogg
Your saying Dr. Doom>Darkseid?

Dizzle
He's saying Doom could steal Darkseid's power and take over Earth... Course, Darkseid also gets his ass kicked by Superman, so there might be a little problem right there.

Wynndar
No. But Doom with Surfer's power could beat Darkseid...and that only a fraction of the power he stole from Uatu, or Galactus, or the Beyonder( an infinitely small fraction).

snoopdogg
Well it sounds like the DCU would be in trouble

laughing .................... sick

Wynndar
well if their ultimate beings r so capable of defeat *shrug* there is no reason Doom would be able to steal that power and put it to good use conquering the DCU

Dizzle
Originally posted by Wynndar
No. But Doom with Surfer's power could beat Darkseid...and that only a fraction of the power he stole from Uatu, or Galactus, or the Beyonder( an infinitely small fraction).

He kinda doesn't still have all of those though. So Doom would have to find someone else to steal from. I vote he makes a little trip to Oa...

Wynndar
i know he doesnt have it *sigh*. Im just saying if he could steal power from those kinds of beings in Marvel he could probably steal it from the pinnacle beings in DC.

Dizzle
I know, I was clarifying for snoop over there.

And I really doubt Doom could drain the Presence...

brainchild81
Only person...?

Heck - even the Titans. big grin F4 has Reed Richards.
JLA + Titans don'tOriginally posted by spetznaz
At the end of the day Dr Doom is an extremely smart very cool dude, but if he tried to be naughty in DC world he would quickly be put in his place. Goodness, Deathstroke could probably take him out so fast that it would be shameful. Seems like you don't know too much about Doom

cherry cola
doom in the dcu would be havoc. he would figure out how supes powers work create a red sun good bye supes. the rest of the jla would try to help doom tricks them with a realistic doombot set a trap to put the kiebosh on them. let bats figured it out goes to the batcave only find it has been taken over by doom.

newjak86
I think you guys are giving Doom to much credit here guys. Him taken on the JLA would be like Doom taking on a team of the Hulk, FF, Thor, Iron Man, and Namor. Like always with prep Doom would make plan which would seem to be working then the good guys find away to stop him and beat the crap out of him. Doom wouldn't make any bigger an impact in DC then Marvel infact maybe less because the team he would probably be dealing with is the JLA which is better then the FF. Thet are better because they consist of DC earth's best heroes unlike the FF plus there is more of them. Sorry guys Doom isn't taking over anything.

Superherovandal
yeah you give Doom way too much credit. Like i say Prep-time is the most overrated power of all. I mean Doom always messes up by not checking his creations for mistakes. That will always be his downfall.

The MISTER
Doom deserves every bit of credit he's getting. The first thing he'd do is form an allegiance with the most powerful villians in DC and ( after researching them extensively) and slip a Doombot in to replace him as their associate while building defenses against their inevitable betrayal.

He would also research the entire hero population and (After realizing that Superman is insanely powerful) add kryptonite to his arsenal while shielding himself from being damaged by it being completely aware aware of it's radioactive effects. He's the type who would make it stronger and far more effective by manipulating it with sorcery and chemistry and probably kill Superman from a distance quickly and effectively earning more appreciation from the enemies of Superman.

He'd appear to be a strong ally to those who are power hungry and they would be unaware of the fact that a Doombot was substituted after their initial analysis of this unknown character, and carried out complex plans and ideas as Doom himself would. ( Doom would simply relay his own plans to the robot from a distance )

After completing his research on the villians Darkseid would be stripped of his omega beams by a unique invention that would transfer the power to wield them to Doom. ( through some form of trickery quite likely ) Either that or he'd create some form of "leash" that would make Darkseid his slave ( similar to the "collar" he placed on Blastarr)

After this he would continue his research and after garnering every speck of information about his supposed allies, He would destroy those he could not control.

Trickery is his game and he's quite adept at gaining strong support for a cause that he makes appear righteous. (For example destroying Darkseid for all of earths heroes to see or showing them that he has incarcerated Darkseid for his crimes in the name of justice) He's a politician remember?

Batman would see through this ploy, but stand alone and be targeted by Doom as a serious threat that needs immediate removal.

Eventually he'd rule DC's earth

Maybe he could be stopped but not if he was patient and played his cards right.

Does anyone think things could play out like this? devil

who?-kid
Only person...?

Heck - even the Titans. big grin
Yeah. Doom is one of the coolest villains ever, but he can be overrated a bit...

punkrocker666

LordFear
Doom would depose Lex Luthor. Or better keep him as a puppet while in the shadows devising plans to take down JLA and usurp their powers. Once that's done he might keep Lex around as his lap dog and then focus his attention on Apokolips and eventually mount an assault against Darkseid and learn his tech and absorb his powers. Therefore making him virtually God in that galaxy. "None can withstand the might of Doom"
Eventually he would get bored because Reed and Stark are not around to challenge him.He would just create a time machine and return to MU with an armada to take down the Avengers.

The MISTER
Originally posted by LordFear
Doom would depose Lex Luthor. Or better keep him as a puppet while in the shadows devising plans to take down JLA and usurp their powers. Once that's done he might keep Lex around as his lap dog and then focus his attention on Apokolips and eventually mount an assault against Darkseid and learn his tech and absorb his powers. Therefore making him virtually God in that galaxy. "None can withstand the might of Doom"
Eventually he would get bored because Reed and Stark are not around to challenge him.He would just create a time machine and return to MU with an armada to take down the Avengers.

laughing That's funny cause I was thinking the same thing and just didn't feel like writing it! Yeah he'd return to Marvel and be equipped to mess them up BAD!

whirlysplat
Doom says something pompous, Billy Batson says Shazam big grin Doom says my magic can't do that, Billy hits him hard, Doom goes down.

Doom has been in DCU for 20 seconds.

Beaten by a 12 year old boy big grin

LordFear
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Doom says something pompous, Billy Batson says Shazam big grin Doom says my magic can't do that, Billy hits him hard, Doom goes down.

Doom has been in DCU for 20 seconds.

Beaten by a 12 year old boy big grin

Well I don't see that because in Doom 2099, Victor showed what he would do if he was in a foreign land or world at a foreign time. He would extract and collect data on all of his targets, study them, run scenarios and contigency plans for them and attack swifly.
Billy would be a damn joke. He could just kill him as a boy, poison his food or whatever. There are no threats for Doom. His rival might be like Brainiac but that's if Brainy suspected Doom's plans which he won't because he would be too absorb with Kal-El

whirlysplat
You like Doom then wink coolOriginally posted by LordFear
Well I don't see that because in Doom 2099, Victor showed what he would do if he was in a foreign land or world at a foreign time. He would extract and collect data on all of his targets, study them, run scenarios and contigency plans for them and attack swifly.
Billy would be a damn joke. He could just kill him as a boy, poison his food or whatever. There are no threats for Doom. His rival might be like Brainiac but that's if Brainy suspected Doom's plans which he won't because he would be too absorb with Kal-El

LordFear
You like Doom then wink cool

Didn't mean to challenge you there but yeah Doom is my top two fav villains

True Sinister
Didn't mean to challenge you there but yeah Doom is my top two fav villains He is one of my top villians

The MISTER
He is THE top human villian. smokin'

Superherovandal
Doom is extremely overrated. I've read quite a few FF comics. He isn't all you Doom fans cut him out to be. If he were that good he would have learned from his mistakes by now. and Lex Luthor is one of the smartest geniuses in DCU along with Proffessor Hamilton and Steel.

newjak86
Doom deserves every bit of credit he's getting. The first thing he'd do is form an allegiance with the most powerful villians in DC and ( after researching them extensively) and slip a Doombot in to replace him as their associate while building defenses against their inevitable betrayal.

He would also research the entire hero population and (After realizing that Superman is insanely powerful) add kryptonite to his arsenal while shielding himself from being damaged by it being completely aware aware of it's radioactive effects. He's the type who would make it stronger and far more effective by manipulating it with sorcery and chemistry and probably kill Superman from a distance quickly and effectively earning more appreciation from the enemies of Superman.

He'd appear to be a strong ally to those who are power hungry and they would be unaware of the fact that a Doombot was substituted after their initial analysis of this unknown character, and carried out complex plans and ideas as Doom himself would. ( Doom would simply relay his own plans to the robot from a distance )

After completing his research on the villians Darkseid would be stripped of his omega beams by a unique invention that would transfer the power to wield them to Doom. ( through some form of trickery quite likely ) Either that or he'd create some form of "leash" that would make Darkseid his slave ( similar to the "collar" he placed on Blastarr)

After this he would continue his research and after garnering every speck of information about his supposed allies, He would destroy those he could not control.

Trickery is his game and he's quite adept at gaining strong support for a cause that he makes appear righteous. (For example destroying Darkseid for all of earths heroes to see or showing them that he has incarcerated Darkseid for his crimes in the name of justice) He's a politician remember?

Batman would see through this ploy, but stand alone and be targeted by Doom as a serious threat that needs immediate removal.

Eventually he'd rule DC's earth

Maybe he could be stopped but not if he was patient and played his cards right.
Yeah if Doom could do all this then he would already control the Marvel universe already folks. He is one of my favoreut villians he is the king of my favorite type. He smarter then everyone he fights with the exception of few but when things get tough he can get down and gritty. I love a character like that but he really wouldn't be able to do something in the DC world that he couldn't do in Marvel. As cool as he is he just cann't beat everyone and the JLA would beat him everytime. I like I said it would be like he is taking on all the top heros from Marvel.

whirlysplat
Didn't mean to challenge you there but yeah Doom is my top two fav villains

Its ool no probs big grin

LordFear
Yes the only thing that stands in his way constantly is his ego.
That's it. I truly believe that the man is all that and a bag of chips
(man that saying is old!!!)

The MISTER
Originally posted by newjak86
Yeah if Doom could do all this then he would already control the Marvel universe already folks. He is one of my favoreut villians he is the king of my favorite type. He smarter then everyone he fights with the exception of few but when things get tough he can get down and gritty. I love a character like that but he really wouldn't be able to do something in the DC world that he couldn't do in Marvel. As cool as he is he just cann't beat everyone and the JLA would beat him everytime. I like I said it would be like he is taking on all the top heros from Marvel. hey what's the deal? that's my post you quoted! And it is farfetched. laughing

Lord S
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Doom is extremely overrated. I've read quite a few FF comics. He isn't all you Doom fans cut him out to be. Overrated? BS.

How the hell do you overrate Doom? Considering everything he's accomplished, and even everything he has almost accomplished...the guy consistently goes out of his way to achieve goals that are far beyond his means. He may not succeed, but you have to respect his crafty and diabolical methods. I can name a half-dozen accomplishments or near-accomplishment which no other villain at his level would even dare try, let alone succeed. Doom is the ultimate villain in the MU, second only to Thanos...who is more of a cosmic-scale version of Doom.

Unlike a certain blue-lipped wannabe-god mutant scrub, who shapeshifts and spits out cool lines from time to time, Doom is a major threat in whatever universe he is in.

I'm not saying he'll take over DCU, but he'll definitely kill someone important, and establish himself as a force to be reckoned with.

Zahit
If Batman can do the research and come up with a way to take every
member of the Justice League out.........
IMAGINE WHAT DR. DOOM WOULD DO!!!!!!!!
There is no scientific genius in DC Earth like Reed Richards or Doom.
He could possibly take over DC Earth, but he most likely won't keep it.
He would be the worst human threat the DC Heroes have ever encountered.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by newjak86
Yeah if Doom could do all this then he would already control the Marvel universe already folks. He is one of my favoreut villians he is the king of my favorite type. He smarter then everyone he fights with the exception of few but when things get tough he can get down and gritty. I love a character like that but he really wouldn't be able to do something in the DC world that he couldn't do in Marvel. As cool as he is he just cann't beat everyone and the JLA would beat him everytime. I like I said it would be like he is taking on all the top heros from Marvel.

You know, he has already invaded earth...but he gave it back because it was boring.

Swanky-Tuna
The dude takes over Earth like every other Sunday. He's gotta be good.

kgkg
The evil guys never win

True Sinister
Originally posted by Lord S
Overrated? BS.

How the hell do you overrate Doom? Considering everything he's accomplished, and even everything he has almost accomplished...the guy consistently goes out of his way to achieve goals that are far beyond his means. He may not succeed, but you have to respect his crafty and diabolical methods. I can name a half-dozen accomplishments or near-accomplishment which no other villain at his level would even dare try, let alone succeed. Doom is the ultimate villain in the MU, second only to Thanos...who is more of a cosmic-scale version of Doom.

Unlike a certain blue-lipped wannabe-god mutant scrub, who shapeshifts and spits out cool lines from time to time, Doom is a major threat in whatever universe he is in.

I'm not saying he'll take over DCU, but he'll definitely kill someone important, and establish himself as a force to be reckoned with. *whispers
psst I think he was subliminaly talking about Apocalypse

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Yes but its only Marvel Earth not anywhere that matters, who would want that big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Yes but its only Marvel Earth not anywhere that matters, who would want that big grin
Ah, but he's a gypsy in a robit suit. He has to win.

Tony Stark
DOOM is everything and more as far as villains go. He would definitely rule DC land relatively quickly.

In DC he would without question be the biggest brain in town.

He would have the most powerful and advanced magic.

His suit of armor and weaponry would be unparalleled.

His inventions would be so much more advanced and more powerful than anybody else's.

He would rule the DC world without much problem.

He probably would get bored and come up with a dimensional portal to come back to the MU just for the challenge. cool

8bitChris
I don't agree with the last response but I liked it haha.

I think Doom is being underrated here. Seriously, it's like that one guy I forget who said, "Doom only loses because he is a bad guy."

:P

Youma
I dont believe that Doom will take over DC Earth, but I definitely think he will make all the heroes on Earth work for it. And he will do damage that wont be forgotten by the heroes.

I see him getting the attention of Lucifer though, considering that Doom's also a trickster and VERY VERY witty. Lucifer would definitely get along with him. If that happens, DC Earth is SCREWED. Heck, even the whole DC Multiverse is screwed.

Superherovandal
Lucifer wouldn't need Doom to take over. Lucifer is infinitely beyond Thanos who is eons beyond Doom. Lucifer would treat Doom like a piece of turd to entertain his entertainers and besides in MU Doom has plenty of resources including a country but in DCU he got ****

ZephroCarnelian

Yeah. He also gets beat every other sunday lol.

Kinda makes it moot doesn't it? wink

Tony Stark
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I don't agree with the last response but I liked it haha.

I think Doom is being underrated here. Seriously, it's like that one guy I forget who said, "Doom only loses because he is a bad guy."

:P

cool Which part didn't you agree with if i might ask?

brainchild81
Yeah. He also gets beat every other sunday lol.
Didn't get beat while he was taking over. ALL villains get beaten, but how many have taken over the world?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by brainchild81
Didn't get beat while he was taking over. ALL villains get beaten, but how many have taken over the world?

cool Touche

EvilCap America
Doom is a great villian and on SERIOUSLY wasted in Marvel.Meandering around with the utterly mediocre F4 when after what he HAS done Doom SHOULD be a lone major Avengers villian and a world/universal threat like a Thanos or Kang.Despite that Doom doesnt have "Instant win preptime" powers anymore than Batman does.Doom had to work his butt off in Secret Wars to steal Galactus/Beyonders power was even scorched and dumped back on by Galactus at one point before he pulled off the win.

In DC he has an even larger force of heroes arranged around the world that are every bit as capable than in the MU.He would undoubtablly be a major player but would he REALLY have any more pull than say Vandel Savage would?How about Johnny Sorrow?Despero?A fuggin lord of Chaos like Mordru?

brainchild81
Yes. I think he would. They aren't really "big time". Are they involved in "Villains United"?

DrDoom
Doom would take over DC Earth.

He's done it to Marvel about 2-3 times already. Why would people not beleive he could do it just because he's in a universe that has even more powerful characters? If anything, that would help him, not hinder him.
Without someone of Richards' intelligence around to stop him (sorry, Hamilton, Steel, Batman, and Atom are aiight--but they don't have **** on Doom) he'd be in heaven.
His MO is similar to Batman/Luthor in that he gets info on his enemies and use it to take them down/bend them to his will.

Some of DC Earth's TOP Superheroes (JLA/JSA) all have a glaring weakness:

Marvel: Turns into a weakling with the whisper of a word.
Sentinel: Wood (...)
Powergirl: K (though it doesn't work very well)
Aquaman - Needs water
Superman- K and Magic
MM - Fire
GL- Yellow (...)
WW - Electricity
Flash - his speed ( see: Deathstroke vs. JLA)
Batman - Durability

If Batman could come up with weapons and a satellite/robot that could cripple the JLA and most of Earth's heroes...just imagine what Doom would do.

Also, he was able to steal cosmic level characters' power before--best believe he'd do the same thing to DC!! Forget cosmics for a sec...just imagine if he got ahold of a GL ring,or made a machine that would absorb SHAZAM's lightning, or tapped into the speed force...

Doom would be running **** on Earth at LEAST twice. Of course he'd be eventually beaten (all villains have to lose in comics), but he'd take over Earth for sure. Don't sleep on Doom--he's not overrated, he's just good at his job.

(Oh P.S.: Magneto CAN take the JLA. A Jokerized Polaris was kicking the **** out of them before Batman summoned Plastic Man.)

Superherovandal
Slade is definitely smarter than Doom. and don't count out Lex Luthor.

DrDoom

Yes, because Slade has built a machine capable of absorbing a New God/Oan Gaurdian's power as well as a TIME MACHINE and thousands of other deadly weapons. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Slade would beat Doom in a fistfight, but not an all out battle of wits.

I left out Lex because I listed heroes that would try to match wits with Doom.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DrDoom
Sentinel: Wood (...)
MM - Fire
GL- Yellow (...)
I'd like to point out that these characters don't have these weaknesses anymore.

EvilCap America
Dr.Doom could probably conquer the world but wouldnt be able to hold it.DC Earth has been conquered before by massive power like Joker stealing mytzs power or The Ultra-Humanite when he took the Thunderbolt from JJ Thunder

Doom also has people that can match-up to him very well.Good as Batman is he is overrated and the "Tower of Babel" storyline was reidculous considering he spends 75% of his time fighting street level guys with smoke bombs.Better match-ups would be someone like Steel Mr.Terrific and my favorite match for him Vandal Savage

jrodslam
I'd like to point out that these characters don't have these weaknesses anymore.

Good point. Although MM's fire weakness is funny cause if its just plain fire, it wont bother him. However, if someone is dying in the fire, then he cant take it.

shaolin9976
That's what you call bad writing!

DrDoom

I thought that yellow now affects GLs again. After Rebirth it seemed as though DC went back to the weakness. I gotta check out GL # 1 to make sure.

How did Sentinel lose his wood weakness?

And yes, MM is still vulnerable to fire--just not physically anymore.

Regardless, Doom would still kick DC Earth's ass...

EvilCap America
Originally posted by DrDoom
I thought that yellow now affects GLs again. After Rebirth it seemed as though DC went back to the weakness. I gotta check out GL # 1 to make sure.

How did Sentinel lose his wood weakness?

And yes, MM is still vulnerable to fire--just not physically anymore.

Regardless, Doom would still kick DC Earth's ass...

Meh Ultra-Humanite could take over the MU.Marvel DID make the concession that they had less heroes without quite as much power as DC did yah know

Anyways
JSA Green Latern is still vulnerable tro wood
MM doesnt weaken around fire but he can get mentally affected if theres some emotional impact
The rest of the GLs dont seem to have the weakness but after Rebirth its hard to say weather its still gone or if they simply overcome it now

DrDoom
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Meh Ultra-Humanite could take over the MU.Marvel DID make the concession that they had less heroes without quite as much power as DC did yah know

Anyways
JSA Green Latern is still vulnerable tro wood
MM doesnt weaken around fire but he can get mentally affected if theres some emotional impact
The rest of the GLs dont seem to have the weakness but after Rebirth its hard to say weather its still gone or if they simply overcome it now

DC earth stronger than Marvel earth? Get outta here!! Beak alone would give the JLA trouble, and Apoc would murder any cosmic character they've got (cuz Apoc is cosmic level now y'know...)

Yeah, Humanite doesn't get props and he could probably take over MU Earth with prep...so could Luthor, mebbe even Brainiac.

I figured Sentinel was still vulnerable to wood...I was wondering when he lost the weakness, cuz this was the first time someone said he didn't have it anymore.

Yeah, I know about MM that's why I said physically.

I still gotta chec up on GL though...

brainchild81
brainchild81: Hey Yoda, what do you think of that quote?
Yoda: A fanboy he is.
brainchild81: That's what I thought.

Tron
What the hell, I'll go on a short bumpin' spree...

superman420sexy
this is kind of rediculous honestly

klintypooh
So rediculous it's almost ridiculous.

Mider
Doom barely got the beyonders powers if the beyonder hadnt been dumb enough to get close doom would have died and he was made to lose the beyonders powers by a few simple unencouraging words you really think Thanos would be so foolish? He did steel galactus powers after almost getting killed though but once again he barely did so the DCU probably has people as smart as him in there ranks and if not they have people strong enough to defeat him Doom would have to barely kill himself again to get a shred of power and then he would lose it as easily as he got it as most usually happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.