stupid revenge rumors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARK ASSASSIN
im starting this thread so you can share with the gang some of the MOST STUPID RUMORS that have come out about REVENGE OF THE SITH, it can be anything wether its a rumor saying that palpatine will catch a "force cold" explaining why his face is mest up, or if you heard that yoda will fart in the movie. its up to you,

the dumbest thing that ive heard was printed in a british magazine saying that during the fight between obi and ani that while fighting eachother, they will be surfing on lava using surf boards that they control with their feet. that is SO STUPID

Darth Sauron
OB1 and Anakin both lose their lightsabres during the duel and resort to using their own penises as weapons

moonwalker741
somebody makes a thread about stupid rumors

Sesse
Jar jar will continue his valorous military campaing as a "bombard general". In the first scene of the film, he departs with an artillery unit and is never seen again...

NoFate007
1. Palpatine and Sidious are not the same person, one is a clone. (Hmm, I wonder how one of them was stronger than the other, who killed who?...idiots)
2. Padme has a clone who is killed and that is why nobody looks for her in the original trilogy. (Yeah, I'm sure they saw the cloning facility at Kamino and said "screw the troops, lets clone a Senator!"wink
3. Palpatine attacks the Skywalker twins and is deformed that way, because they are protected somehow (someone must've read a Harry Potter story beforehand)
4. Anakin's lightsaber physically changes the color of it in mid-battle against Obi-Wan, starting off with a blue blade and then because of his hatred, turns to red (no need to explain, just laugh).
5. Jar Jar Binks survives.....wait a second..
6. Yoda uses "Force Vanish" to escape Sidious in his fight, and that is why he thinks Yoda is dead....(if "Force Vanish" existed, Jedi would never lose a fight)
7. Dooku will turn back to the light side.
8. Han and Lando will make cameos.
9. The Millennium Falcon will make a cameo.
10. Boba Fett will kill Mace Windu.

There's a few

PVS
i dunno moon, i actually kinda like this.
it IS ep3 related after all, and we have all heard our share
of stupid rumors.

for me the one that tops them all is darth maul=grievous
even after GG's reptilian eyes are revealed to us, some gullible
folks still couldn't let it go.

oh and palps=clone, very very silly that is

PVS
2. Padme has a clone who is killed and that is why nobody looks for her in the original trilogy. (Yeah, I'm sure they saw the cloning facility at Kamino and said "screw the troops, lets clone a Senator!"wink

-sounds like a product of wishful thinking big grin
i would love to have my own padme clone

NoFate007
Who wouldn't love a Padme clone? Collect the whole set, get a Padme clone, a Leia clone, an Aayla Secura clone....fun times.

ASSMAN
I saw the picture of Greivous and the skin around his eyes are green and Maul is Red and Black so that is false..Uh I never heard the Padme clone one.
***ASSMAN***

guiro72
hmmm....actually the version of that rumour i heard was that it was one of her decoys, which kinda makes sense considering they spent so long labouring that point for no apparent reason in ep I....

the other ones are classics though....

i will add the obi/padme/anakin love triangle....

PVS
oh yeah, how can i forget : GG=qui gon
can you say "duh"?

NoFate007
I heard a clone one for about every character almost. I even heard:

There's a third Skywalker, and that's the one Yoda is referring to when he says "No, there is another.."

I'd kill Lucas if he did that, lol.

PVS
oh yes, a real gem which slipped my mind big grin

guiro72
laughing

that is f****d on so many levels....

PVS
supposedly, when GL made ESB, he did not intend for leah to be luke's sister. the "other" was supposed to be another jedi who survived the purge

NoFate007
Sifo-Dyas = Qui-Gon
Sifo-Dyas = Anakin
Sifo-Dyas = Darth Bane

NoFate007
Although its false, I always thought it would have been cool if Yoda was referring to Anakin. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

guiro72
"that is f****d on so many levels...."

reference to gg=qui gon theory....this thread is moving way too fast for me.....

actually the mace/boba one would've fit (glad it didn't happen though)

oh, i've got one: palpatine is anakins father.....

NoFate007
Here's another I just remembered:

Naboo turns into Dagobah/is blown up

guiro72
no lucas didn't know leia was luke's brother when he made esb.....hamill was paranoid at the time that it was a way to be able to fire him easily before the third film....another rumour suggests george WAS actually worried hamill might try to increase his pay or refuse to take part.....also supposedly why he popped han in carbon.....

ok what about this one: lucas is going to digitally insert hayden into the end of rotj?.....

PVS
see, until it was confirmed to be false,
i thought naboo would be destroyed.

"destroyed by the empire"
how ded kenobi know? how did he know about the DS?
"thats no moon"

i guess at some point in ep3 he will find out about the DS,
and that will explain it all

PVS
LOL

GL: you so much as THINK of breeching your contract and ill freeze your a$$ in carbonite!!!

NoFate007
I can't see how the Boba kills Mace would work...he's like 13, he couldn't kill the third..well..fourth strongest Force user at the time. I would have liked to see him kill someone though to explain the "no disintegrations" line. If Lucas had made it so Boba was 20 or so by the time of Episode III, then I could see it happening.

Palpatine is Anakin's father, I completely forgot that horrid one lol.

New one:

The new title is "The Creeping Fear"

Darth Cain
Kenobi used the Force to sense life forms in a HUGE metal sphere and put 2 and 2 together. He's a clever old goat...... laughing

NoFate007
Oh, just remembered:

R2D2 is the reason Anakin falls into the lava.

I'm dead serious I heard that before lol

Darth Cain
No wonder he's always saving them in the OT- guilt!!

PVS
thats just beyond retarded. whoever believed that should practice these words "would you like fries with that?" "thank you, drive through"

NoFate007
I wouldn't even trust that person with my fries. R2D2 might knock them into the deep fryer wink

NoFate007
Palpatine makes a "Sith Council" made with clones of various Sith lords from the past, including Maul. They are all also miraculously killed off by the end of the story too. Lol, yeah, that'll happen.

NoFate007
Another:
Yoda will literally dance with joy when hearing that Dooku is killed.

PVS
here's a zinger: YODA FARTS!!!!

<---ducks to avoid being shot

Ken Benobi
maybe Palpatine will make clones of all the Jedi Council members and set up a fake council for the sole purpose of making fun of them and taunting them.
Yoda: Confer on you the title of Master Jedi, the council does...
Palpatine: Thank you...thank you- I'm pleased to have finally made it. And for my first task of Master Jedi.....

The Tater
Yoda and Chewbacca travel to Tatooine, and when they run into Clone troopers, Yoda rubs mud on his face and pretends to be Chewbacca's pet.

PVS
ECHO!!!!

NoFate007
Hayden Christensen re-casted...that was a stupid rumor.

PVS
well, its known that natalie portman wanted out of her contract.

liam neison claimed for a while the he would never act again, after the hell he went through with TPM.

it must be a drag to work for GL...but the payoff....must make it all worth it

NoFate007
I read that Portman denied the allegations that she wanted out of her contract. Neeson's probably just pissed that he didn't get as huge a following as other Star Wars characters. If you think about it, Qui-Gon doesn't have that huge of a following. Sam Jackson had drastically fewer lines than Neeson in the film and people already liked Mace better than Jinn lol

PVS
well, of coarse portmans going to deny it.
but from what i have read at TFN, she was VERY guarded
when talking about it, then when the topic changed to garden state, she loosened up.

had it been untrue...why the tension? i think she would have just laughed it off if it was untrue, right?

Darth Sauron
i still stick by my first one.

PVS
bump (sinking stupid threads)

NoFate007
Here's another:

Anakin literally dies and is brought back to life.

queeq
Now I understand this cloning business... that way GL can make SW films for ever and ever. IN the end he doesn't even require actors: he can do all the clones digitally from previously shot footage...

guiro72
in regards to the reluctant actor syndrome discussion on the previous page, i get the feeling star wars is a hell of a lot more fun to watch than to be in....also if you've been doing serious dramas, indie films, shakespeare etc. it could definitely make a dent in your "serious actor" reputation (unless you are alec guiness, chris lee, peter cushing etc. and you're so far beyond that level that you're untouchable)......i assume by rewards, PVS, you refer to financial rewards....and i don't think liam neeson reads online fan polls to know which sw character is the most popular.....sorry if this sounds bitchy, i'm in a hurry, don't mean it....

the boba fett mace thing, i just meant it's not as crazy as clone palpatine, in that he has a real psychological reason for doing it, and there's a potential setup for it already there.....no idea how he'd pull it off, you are right.....especially seeing as he dies like a punk at the drop of a hat....

i think i heard something involving jabba, and maybe bounty hunters being a big part of ep III....but to be fair it may have been fan speculation rather than an actual rumour....i'll think of a better one later....

queeq
I did see a pic of the ROTS Boba, so it's not unthinkable he takes revenge on Mace. I mean, why not? Anakin has a lot of fighting to do in ROTS anyway.

It is a bit Fett overkill if you ask me: all the mystery's gone.

guiro72
there's not a lot of mystery left in any of it these days (apart from strange unexplained plotholes)....but we're trading the mystery for something else i think, maybe something better....

i actually don't like the boba fett idea, i just don't think it's as crazy as most other rumours that have been mentioned.....i like what's REALLY going to happen much better....oh yes!.....

i heard the picture you're talking about was just something he did himself to sign at conventions, and i heard he was asked by lucasfilm to stop using it.....i usually have a nose for spoilers and rumours, but i honestly have no idea on the boba front whether it will happen or not.....at the moment my instinct is saying not....but who knows?.....

queeq
Oh really. That's interesting.

PVS
where is that pic? was it the one where he's just standing there posing?

Jedi Priestess
?? share with me plz

PVS
yes, i must see big grin

cavola
u sure its not that carnival custume make-shift Boba ?

PVS
the suspense is killing me!!!! QUEEQ!!!!!!! eek! eek! eek!

queeq
It's the posing pic yes. I don't know where it is. A good friend sent me a link sometime ago with all available ROTS pics. It was among those. Helmetless Boba.

PVS
ok, ok.

some say its just a fan made costume which the actor was gracious enough to wear. i hope not.

i really hope we see boba fett in ep3.

moonwalker741
is this what your talking about

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/2550/boba.jpg

i always thought somebody made this through photoshop

PVS
thats the one i'm thinking about, thanks moon

moonwalker741
no problem, is that really real? Like is bobba going to be in episode 3, becausei havent heard any news about his apperance in it

PVS
i hope he has some part in it.

however, the costume in that pic cant be authentic.
it looks too cheep. if i saw that at a holloween party or a convention, i would be very impressed, but for the film? naaaaaaa

moonwalker741
yeah, i always thought of bobba in episode 3, like jangos costume, just like, i would say, rustier, and the color being different

PVS
well, i find the plastic knee pads with the rubber band straps to be the give away

NoFate007
I always thought Boba's "armor" didn't even look like armor. Looks to me like he put a piece of metal and a helmet on top of a garbage man's uniform or something. Jango's is a lot better, I'm surprised Boba didn't just keep that. After all..he can't say it doesn't fit, think about it.

NoFate007
Oh, here's another stupid rumor I've heard:

Palpatine plants a chip in Vader's suit or finds a control to his slave explosive and thats why he "must obey his master."

darktim1
that just sounds ubsured he lets vader think for himself even though he knows that he wants to pursue his son in empire and return of jedi .

queeq
A chip???? laughing out loud

guiro72
he was going to tatooine....jango's armour would've been too hot.....his is from the mandalorian summer wear catalogue....

there are a bunch more of those pics too....but seeing as they're fake they're hardly worth posting.....

guiro72
referring to the boba shots....forgot i was only reading page one of four....too tired....

PVS
i think the idea of a 'chip' is insane, but i do believe that vader is bound to the darkside (not palpatine) similar to the way he was bound as a child.

"any attempt to escape..."
"and they blow you up...BOOM"

so once vader ceased and became anakin, he knew he was done for.

guiro72
can't remember if i posted this before, but i was wondering if the rule of two means: any less than two and the last one dies?.....there was a lot more to what i was thinking, but no time to go into it for now....later....

PVS
well, i dont think that anakin's death has anything to do with the '2' sith philosophy. i always thought there was more of an understanding that he would die if he left the dark side, because it was the dark side which kept him alive. vader was an abomination. any true follower of the force would accept death gracefully rather than use the force to stop death.

this is all just my humble opinion of coarse

guiro72
oh lord do i not have time to be getting into this now.....i agree with you PVS, tht's how i always saw that situation, but this idea runs along side that view of things, not in contradiction to it.....

basically i was thinking: is vader tied to palpatine, is this why he has to really think hard about killing him in rotj, because he's basically sacrificing himself if he kills palpatine....in other words, is palpatine keeping him alive......

then i realised that he wouldn't be so eager for luke to join him and overthrow palpatine if that was the case....

so what i ended up thinking was that when they say "only two, no more, no less" maybe that means that any LESS than two will result in death as surely as any MORE.....which explains why vader and palpatine where both so interested in recruiting luke, and still makes vader's sacrifice play out the same.....any thoughts?.....

waynerobsonuk
"then i realised that he wouldn't be so eager for luke to join him and overthrow palpatine if that was the case...."

Unless he thought of course that luke was strong enough in the force to be able to also keep him alive. Yet again it could have been a ploy by the emporer . My money is still on getting a few hints in ep3 though.

Wayne...

mauler
Oh, here's another stupid rumor:

"Here's how the scene was described to me. The setting- Kashyyyk,. Yoda and Chewbacca are together when the Clonetroopers are ordered to kill the Jedi. What does Yoda do? He grabs some mud, smears it on his face, jumps on Chewbacca's back, acts all stupid like his first appearance in Empire Strikes Back, and pretends to be Chewie's pet.

To further the deception, he farts. Yes, you read that right: Yoda farts. "

PVS
dude, its been said before....twice

we are trying to block it out of our memories now.

you are not helping the healing process stick out tongue

queeq
It is a rumors thread...

NoFate007
I don't think there's some sort of "2, no more, no less...or death" rule. If that was true, the moment Maul was killed, Sidious would be dead. I think the whole reason behind the line is that Vader doesn't think he can defeat Sidious. He's a close friend and knows his powers, that is why he asks Luke to join him. A combination of he and Luke could kill Palpyboy but he doesn't think he alone can.

brendy
I heard Yoda hides inside R2 to escape The Empire....

PVS
LOL no wonder they cant get along in ESB,
R2 was holding a grudge

queeq
Indeed. And how else could R2 have known where to look for OB1: only Yoda knew he went to Tatooine. It all makes sense now.

captainmidnight
for now on,if i fart,i'm blaming yoda... Happy Dance

queeq
We all blame Yoda.

guiro72
i've never thought of using that!.....does it work?.....

agree with you nofate, this is most certainly true....but there has to be one interesting idea somewhere in that mess of theories (or maybe not).....just thought some other people may have thoughts, a lot of people seem to think palpatine may be keeping anakin alive somehow....

queeq
It's a flawless method, blaming Yoda.

darth_surgent

guiro72
wouldn't that require.....uh.....a yoda?.....

queeq
Where do I get me one?

guiro72
there was a furby one released....that might do the trick...

(damn i want me one of those).....

queeq
Yes....yes.... he could be a great asset.

guiro72
you've seen it yeah?....

Darth Malik
I've got one there cool but get a bit annoying after awhile

guiro72
damn, we didn't get them here (or maybe i just wasn't browsing the toy aisles that year).....but i found a commercial for it....so your lightsabre technique is pretty good now yeah?.....just how interactive is it?....

Darth Malik
Not overly interactive the lightsaber trainging is quite funny you go throught the moves then he asks you a series of question regarding the path of the Jedi and you have to answer them true or false by squeezing his left or right hand but when you get to Jedi master level the lightsaber training is so hard I can't get any further. And something special is meant to happen when you past master level but I can't do it. Where are you from then if you couldn't get one?

guiro72
that's REALLY funny....you have no idea what i was imagineing(sp?) it to be like....."squeeze his left or right hand"...... laughing out loud .....

i probably just wasn't looking....believe it or not i pretty much forgot about sw for about 10 years there.....well, i knew it off by heart and there was nothing new to know (those were the days).....i quoted yoda to my girlfriend once and she thought i was being very deep....a couple of years later we watched esb and her opinion of my depth was irreperably shaken.... laughing out loud ......she didn't even know i liked sw.....

my location is still secret for the time being....

Darth Malik
laughing Quoting SW to your girlfriend that's a smooth one, Mine is usually chewie or lightsaber sound affects. but it is a cool toy and still has pride of place on my bedside cabinet(without batteries, He kept waking me and the missus up thought she was gonna rip his head off)
With him and the motion activated stormtrooper door stops it's quite cool even if I do say so myself.

queeq
Sounds cool.

So what line did you use to your girlfriend, guiro? "Judge me by my size do you?" stick out tongue

Darth Malik
LMAO Or was it "There is no try, do or do not"

guiro72
"it is a place of great great evil. go in there you must"....

damn, i can't remember the lines anymore...thing is, it's all so ingrained in my subconscious (until i started losing my memory that is) that i just threw it in there, didn't think anymore of it, until we were watching esb (she'd never seen it), and she says "you big phony, i never realised you were quoting yoda"..... laughing out loud ......

i find the thought of that furby thing going off in the middle of the night even funnier though....

wolfdraven
Size matters not.

Darth Malik
It's even worse when it start going off at night. Picture this it's pretty much pitch black in the bedroom about 2:30 in the morning and all of a sudden you hear. "Dark here it is sleep Now I must" then about ten seconds silence then "Strong is the force" "Powerful the dark side is" and on and on and on!!! It's like having chucky in the room some nights.

guiro72
laughing

PVS
evil furby...i hate those things.
even a yoda furby is evil laughing

stupid rumor: GG is none other than.......Yaddle

ok, just kidding, i just made that up now laughing

guiro72
hell, that's how all these things get started....that one'll be on force.net next week....

PVS
more like supershadow

Killer Cool!!!

guiro72
sorry, i joined in the force.net boycott a long time back....supershadow doesn't even seem to warrant the effort....

can't believe people actually fall for it....took me a couple of minutes...

phantom menace is in the thick of production, and george has time to sit down and answer emails every night for ss's site, but not for his own?....stupid ****....

captainmidnight
hey mabey now hasbro can really capitilize by making a "PULL MY FINGER" yoda doll........I HEAR $$$$ SIGHNS.....

Boris
lol, I think it would be pretty funny to see him act crazy again, laughed alot when he was smacking r2 with this stick lol

ASDRUBALDO

captainmidnight
hey jar jar has fellings too,mesa thinks.....

PVS
ASDRUBALDO, turn off the caps lock.
lower case letters are easier on the eyes, and less likely to
be looked over.

and i agree, i liked the ewoks. i liked the idea of a primitive race opening a case of whoopa$$ on the empire fighting with nothing more than sticks and stones. to me, it was kinda poetic

queeq
I see. quite off topic now. CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.