Jedi Massacre Survivors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
How many Jedi do you think survive the purge? I'd say by the time of Episode 3, there are somewhere in the 3500 mark or something, cause they couldn't have killed off 10,000 Jedi by the end of Episode III. Granted the Clone Wars wiped a lot out, but not 10 thou...

Right now I'm starting my 4th Star Wars script, this is one is set ten years after Episode 3, and I have it so there are around 120 Jedi alive, some of which are younglings.

Anyone got anything to say on this subject?

Darth Cain
Would they still be considered younglings? They are older....

I kind of had the impression that the Empire had things on lockdown for a while
prior to Ep. 4.

NoFate007
Well, in my story the younglings are "fresh" 10 year olds, that were just infants when Episode III's events took place. The people that were younglings of that age or Padawans before are the main fighters in this, the main hero being 27, most of the others being around 20-40, plus your occasional 90 year old or whatever lol. And as for the lockdown thing, the story ends with it being only Obi-Wan, Yoda, and 6 other Jedi alive, three with near certain death wounds. The story is essentially Darth Vader hunting down the very last Jedi to his knowledge, and he succeeds...minus Yoda and Obi-Wan of course.

Darth Cain
I got ya, now.
What can you have the hero do at that point in time? Without changing history?

NoFate007
Well the story is like, its the last attempt of Jedi to strike against the Empire, sort of an unknown kamikaze, and the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance. The Jedi contact Bail Organa and stuff, and there are a few rogue soldiers since the alliance isn't fully formed yet, but they don't do anything that would affect the stories. Its like, the Jedi are being hunted down and followed to different planets, but they don't blow up a Death Star or anything. The Jedi just get their asses whooped in this, which is contrary to my other 3 stories, (2 are set after Return of the Jedi). The Jedi don't accomplish anything in the film besides killing 3 bounty hunters and taking out the occasional Star Destroyer. Other than that, its Vader time lol.

Darth Cain
Hmm....

Interesting. Do these Jedi kind of inspire the Rebel Alliance in its infancy?
That would be a cool tidbit in a story: your Jedi are the reason the Rebels say
"May the Force be with you."

thumb up

NoFate007
Yep, bingo. That's awesome that the story is getting across so well just from saying random points, I'll have to send you the outline or somethin lol. If you think those are cool you'd probably like the others (minus the first one, that one sucked but hey it was my first attempt lol).

Darth Cain
Aspiring writer? Have you posted these anywhere?

NoFate007
Nah I haven't posted them anywhere. Actually, nobody has had the patience to read them either. The first story is only about 25 pages, the next is an 80 page treatment that I'm gonna add more to later, the one I just finished is the sequel to the 80 pager, and that is about 145 pages, and this one should be somewhere around 140 but right now all I have is the opening scroll and the first few lines where theres the ship in space shot lol. Maybe I'll post the opening scrolls to them later on.

guiro72
i wouldn't be surprised if some jedi survive, but it would be nice to have it all tied up with just the 2 by the end.....(unless they decide to leave a few for the tv series lol).....(one played by david hasselhoff perhaps).....

they're going to be really hit hard based on the fact that each jedi is in command of a huge troop of clones, so when the clones turn they haven't really got a hope in hell....apart from the one's who are in the council (who go to get palpatine - whoops), and the one's on solo missions (obi wan and maybe anakin).....

guiro72
oh, i forgot - obi wan has clones with him too....

NoFate007
I think it'll be ridiculous if by the end of Episode III, there are only Kenobi and Yoda left. That'll make the Jedi look like complete idiots, as opposed to only semi-idiots lol

Cowboyography
nofate- have you heard my outline for episodes 7,8,9? smile

PVS
yoda "when gone am i, the last of the jedi will you be"

now, i know that line only proves that all other jedi are dead by ep6...but the jedi will be extinct, only ben and yoda will survive.

If there are any survivors, they will be dead by ep4

Cowboyography
yeah everyone but Dookus kid!! but then again he really isnt a Jedi, He becomes a sith after his dad "Force Ghost" trains him wink

NoFate007
Exactly my point, no Jedi are left by Episode 4, the last of them are killed in my story, minus the 5 or so that escape, which you know are bound to find certain and near future death. Its 10 years after Episode 3 so that leaves another 10 year gap to kill just 5 people, especially easy when some are about to die in the next day or so from wounds big grin I'm evil lol. So by the time of Episode 6, the last of the Jedi Luke really will be.

moonwalker741
well alot of jedi died in the clone war battles
then greivous and vader kill alot of jedi
then jedi go in to hiding, but they get hunted down, like obiwan said in IV, and vader or the imperials kill them....

and obiwan, yoda, and vader are left

PVS
well, i guess it is fathomable that the remaining jedi will be killed between ep3&4 off screen. i just dont know though, hw would they illustrate this in the film...unless this is strictly for the sake of fan fiction

yerssot
why do they need to show this? not everything needs to be explained

PVS
tell that to GL!!! laughing

NoFate007
I think they can easily just cover this by having a discussion with Yoda and Obi-Wan, where Yoda says something like "Hide we must, Master Obi-Wan, or suffer the fate of our fellow Jedi we will."

soundmine
I have a feeling they'll kill them off anyway, just for closure-- they need something for closure. But maybe they will just lie low, like NoFate said.

PVS
no soundmine, i think you nailed it. closure

it has to be driven into our heads that the jedi are dead.

that finalizes the tragedy imho

PVS
bump (sinking stupid threads)

NoFate007
oh, by the way, the titles of the stories i've done are:

Star Wars: Episode II.V - Gift of a Titan
Star Wars: Episode Infinity - Prayer of the Force
Star Wars: Episode Eternity - Renaissance of the Republic
and this one I'm talking about now is
Star Wars: Episode III.V - The Rogue Crusades Vengeance

By the way, there is a point to naming the 2 infinity and eternity, but it has to do with the stories.

jedijunky1138
not all of the jedi will die by the end of epIII. the purge will take place during the time between epIII and epIV. Vader will kill many jedi but some will die at the hands of the Clone/storm troopers.

darktim1
what about before ep3 in the clone wars cartoon they say general grievious will have a bigger role so he could kill some jedi before ep3.

NoFate007
Yeah but I think it'd be impossible to have Episode III start off with only like 100 Jedi or something or have them all get killed within a matter of a month or however long Episode III is supposed to take place. That would be saying that they were extremely easy to kill.

queeq
Stupidity is not a reason to sink a thread, PVS. Oetherwise I wouldn't even be a mod. wink

NoFate007
I'll post up the opening scroll when I can

Sith Master X
The only two survivers that I am aware of is Obi-Wan and Yoda.

darktim1
yeah that is true but who knows what will become of the rest in novels to come.

cavola
True; GL could swing us anything for Ep VII, VII, IX .

some Jedi that chose an exile and decided to hide. or an even more powerful one that Yoda.Or some Sith who became good. He would better start writing them correctly. If he starts getting senile, we could see Darth Maul against Anakin and GL in a wheelchair arguing with the rest of the world " its my story; i command here. HS access @ 100 US$ "

queeq
I'd say the next episodes will be about reinstating the Jedi as an order and wiping out the remnants of the Empire. Problem is when GL would like to bring the Sith back in... that would not go down well at all with me.

Master Kadub
DC,

I would think that 10 yrs after the Purge has began the Younglings are hiding out throughout the galaxy....
planet to planet, solar system to solar system...
that is how a real purge should play out.....

besides luke is a farm boy
and leia is being groomed
for politics......

and one ole wizard is definately still around....

there could still be jedi around until just before
leia goes on that rocket mission search for Ben;
then the last of the jedi is destroyed by Vader on
some remote planet or star system......

queeq
"When I'm gone, the last of the Jedi will you be."

NoFate007
Yeah, that takes place in Episode 6. Jedi can still be alive 10 years before Episode 4.

queeq
And what's the point in that? We're in a story. They'e all dead by the time ANH comes around...

NoFate007
What's the point in telling the Prequel trilogy if we know what happens at the end? What's the point in making the Clone Wars cartoon if we know that it ends in Episode III? Same thing, lol. Its just to divulge deeper into the saga and have fun.

Master Kadub
laughing

Well I am still having a problem with this Jedi purge thing if all of the jedi are killed off in the jedi temple.....
if Anakin and the emporer go off into the galaxy and PURGE it of the jedi then it would make sense.....
and if the the last jedi is thought killed off by Vader and the Emperor prior to the beginning of ANH, then the better for EU or whatever GL plans to do next.........

NoFate007
Same here. I think it'll be ridiculous if suddenly all the Jedi besides Obi-Wan and Yoda are killed off by the end of Episode III. It would be like, wow, these guys are easy to kill, easy to find, and the Empire is extremely quick being able to find thousands of Jedi in the matter of a month or so...cept they can't find the Rebel base till Episode 4...

cavola
it could also be that as far as the rebels know, Master Yoda & Kenobi were the last Jedi left. couldnt there possibly be others in the Expanded Universe who sought refuge from the sith's killing spree ?

NoFate007
I agree

queeq
EU?!! He said EU!!!! OUt!!!

cavola
AAAAHHHH ! jawdrop

ok. somewhere in the universe

queeq
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Stop it or this thread DIESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! evil face

Cipher
The basis of this thread is fan fiction, which is right next door to EU.

queeq
But I expect the speculations to be based on the canon. If this is a debate on how a EU fan fiction novel shold be written, I;m going to move it.

Cipher
That's how this started......

queeq
Not really, it started as a speculation debate FOR a novel. That debate could be canon based. But if it's EU you wanna do here, I'm moving this one.

wolfdraven
I agree Queeq no more of this EU BS!

Cipher
You misunderstand, I don't want to do EU here. But mabe there should be a spot for fan fiction.....

Darth Malik
EU Haters!!!

queeq
There is... There's a seperate forum for it. In fact, I'm moving this and the redirect will bring you there.

Julie
if you believe in EU, which I assume most of us here do, the jedi being close to extinction is a common occurance.....take KOTOR, the comics, Books, NJO, etc...

NoFate007
This originally was supposed to be an Episode III Jedi Massacre debate that will influence a personal script of mine.

Master Kadub
queeq,
my comment was not meant to draw this debate into the EU....
i dont care much about EU or Canon; it is all the same to me
because GL signed off on it....
i went back and looked at some footage about the up common
film and GL doesnt hint at EU......

back on topic: a true PURGE will be sending out probes and droids and soldiers and bounty hunters into the depths of the galaxy to find the jedi...the emperor knows that the jedi are his only real threat so he will use Vader and his powers to see all of them out, unless they are thought dead......that is why Anakin going into the temple and wiping out the jedi is so unbelievable......not at one time or one month or one year.....it will take time........and i can easily see GL or whoever taking this to killing off the last known jedi somewhere in that time frame.....

NoFate007
That's what the story I'm gonna write is about. 10 years into the purge, the final stages.

Cipher
That will work fine, it would take a while to get rid of them all....

Julie
I see no problem with a few jedi slipping through the proverbial cracks.....there's enough out there....strange uncharted planets and such...fleeing to the unknown regions....

Master Kadub
It is about time we agree on this...... confused

Thirst
there are a lot more surviving jedi besides Yoda and Ben. there's Vima Da Boda, descendant of Nomi Sunrider (at least i think she was) and then there's a lot more that go into hiding. Corran Horn's father was a Jedi-in-training when his father was killed. Some more Jedi that i cant name off the top of my head. Vader and Palpatine were pretty thorough though...

yerssot
only in EU Thirst wink

Thirst
but this is the Literature & Expanded Universe section yerssot wink

yerssot
ah, very true wink
then around a bazillion jedi survived stick out tongue
though I always wondered how they went around Yoda saying Luke was the last one in ROTJ

Thirst
hm. good point. confused

yerssot
said the bulls eye to the arrow?

Insane Monk
There are some other survivors around the time of ep4. Qu Rahn. The Dark Woman. and some others I don't care to think of right now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.