ironman and warmachine vs heavy arms(the gundam)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
who wins this battle

ragesRemorse
I have only seen like a few episodes of gundam, but wouldnt there weapons decinagrate Iron MAn. I mean the guns the gundam weild are like 200 times the size of iron man and war machine, and posses the energy iron man can generate multiplied by like alot.

Evangel94
You sound like you haven't read Iron Man enough to make a judgement like that. Have you actually read any Iron Man comics?

You must not know anything about gundam either. You admit it yourself. You've seen a few episodes.

Gundams are not 200 times the size of a normal human being. There roughly 15 meters tall 20 meters tall at most.

Iron Man has faced way bigger opponents than that and triumphed. He's beaten Godzilla for cry out loud. And once he was done beating Godzilla, he picked him up and hurled him far out to sea! Ultron was more of a challenge to Iron Man than a gundam is.

bardock
gundams can pass through the atmosphere untouched.the gundam i mentioned heavy arms haas a gaint mini gun for and arm.i ll try to find a pic

bardock
pic

ska57
Yeah, so can most of Iron Man's new suits.

Kontraz
actually... i guess neither of you watched gundam wing... gundams CANNOT pass through the atmosphere untouched... hence zero/01 and epyon having to transform before doing so and the other gundams having to wear atmosphere protection.

Now... i think ironman could stand a chance against heavy arms and heavy arms neo..... but heavy arms custom??? No way.... heavy arms custom can fire over 100 missels at one time, has 4 gatling guns and 4 rail guns, plus i'd go as far as to say it is as nimble, if not more, than iron man (though it cannot fly)

ska57
I'd say Iron Man would do the same as I said in the Iron Man vs. Optimus Prime thread....gundam is history.

ska57
Since it is Iron Man AND War Machine, Iron Man can do his drain-energy-from-gundam-while-implanting-EM-field-generator-into-him while Jim Rhodes fires Sub-Nuke missiles and pumps 1,000 uranium-core armor-piercing shells per second into heavy arms.

man i'm tired of being right

Kontraz
read the other thread again... man, you were really wrong laughing

ska57
but not this one

ska57
....i think

ragesRemorse
No i have have read many iron man comics. I am well aware of his abilities. However i am not a gundam fan and havent seen,but maybe 8 episodes. The ones i saw it appeared that the gundams were enormous.No diddnt appear, they were. I dont know maybe they werent gundams. also the weaponry from the episodes i saw leveld an entire city with two blasts from the arm cannon.

bardock
gundanuim can pass through the atmosphere watch the first ep to see this.with the protection it helps. maybe untouched was the wrong word but they still are pretty durable. i was just trying to give an example of their durability.

Kontraz
the was most likely the tallgeese. Its arm canon can do that... we're talking about heavyarms, who just has a shitload of bullet-type weapons (miniguns, rail guns, etc) and even more missiles....

i'm using heavy arms custom, as he has the best chance at survival (or dominance?) His arsenal/specs are..

Model Number: XXXG-012H
Pilot: Trowa Barton
Height: 16.7m
Weight: 8.2t
Material: Gundanium Alloy (basically that series' version of adamantium)
Generator Output: 3190KW
Thruster General Output: 73750kg

Armaments:
Vulcan x2
Machine Cannon x2
Micro Missle x52
Homing Missle x36
Double Gatling Gun x2
Catling Cannon x4

not too sure what all iron man and war machine have... but chances are if this guy was to unleash even half of his weapon all at once.... there would be no iron man or war machine...

bardock
i agree

ska57

bardock
no not really

ska57
did you even read what I posted??? Probably not.

Tell me something, do the gundams run on electricity?

Kontraz
tell me something... could iron man live through a barage of 70+ missles all fired at the exact same time???

ska57
If Heavy Arms does run on electricity, an EMP from either suit of armor would take it out of commission. End of battle.

If it doesn't for some reason, and if it did fire all 100 or so of it's missiles at once, the combined targeting computers of Iron Man and War Machine can take out 120 at once with their gattling guns that can fire 1000 rounds/sec. So, there stands Heavy Arms, out of missiles trying to manually target and hit the fast and highly maneuverable Iron Man and War Machine with its machine cannon, double gattling gun, catling gun...whatever. Meanwhile, Heavy Arms is being blasted away with War Machines Sub-Nuke missiles, anti-ship missiles, armor piercing shells being fired at 1000 per sec., Iron Man is hurling pulse bolts at him, launching adamantium-tipped scanalyzer missiles through the armor (finding weak points), and for humor covers it in a ploybond adhesive compound so Heavy Arms is getting the crap kicked out of him while stuck in that.....and then to finish him off Stark would send Magnetic Compact Modules at Heavy Arms repelling his atoms from eachother. End of battle.

ska57
P.S. ------------> you never answered my question on if the gundams run on electricity and I think I know why; because they DO and you just don't want to answer it because then Iron Man could just hit his EMP and the battle would be over with.

Kontraz
no, i really dont know... they never went into their power supply... they do have energy based weapons, so im thinking they run on some other source. Oh, and when i was listing the missles, those were just all the lauchers, he has many in stock behind those...

something i've noticed though, your listings of the iron man and warhammer weapons was VERY impressive... one problem though, have they EVER had ALL of them at once? No way. They might be really advanced but all those weapons at once would make THEM gundams.... as they would need the size to simply store them!

ska57
Actually, Iron Man's Modular Armor has plug-on spots on his armor to place those weapons and keeps those accessories on his "belt". War Machine has the Gattling Gun on his left shoulder, the Missile pack on his right, the gauntlet mini-cannon on his right gauntlet, the energy blade comes from his left gauntlet (and so does his flame thrower), the Uni-Beam is the glowing yellow circle in the chest plate, and his repulsors come from his palms.

I have to go now so don't think I'm not responding on purpose.

Kontraz
thats fine, just respond later...

anyway, i just realized something.... people have used gatling guns, rpgs, missiles, etc on heavy arms before... and unless the weapons are actually "mobile suit-ized" (as in everything from the bullets to the sheer power behind them are all in porportion to mobile suits) otherwise they wont do any damage... and these are future weapons that arent doing any damage....

ska57
We don't exactly know how powerful Gundam missiles or gat guns are though (same with Iron Man's), so....yeah.

Tony Stark did say that his suit survived the underground nuclear bomb test with what he said 'flying colors', and he also survived an underground gamma bomb. He even tests his suit by firing artillery shells at it.

bardock
wouldnt ironmans missles be really tiny?

ska57
I don't know.....

I never knew what Heavy Arms looked like until I saw this picture, holy crap!!!!

Kontraz
thats the point i'm getting at bardock (thanks for bringing it up though), Iron Man's ammunition of all kinds (except maybe energy weapons) would be extremely small and minute compared to a gundam.

and about the picture.... lol, yeah.... the number of the missles dont really seem that impressive until you see them in action... i suggest watching Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. You can see heavy arms in action there...

ska57
They maybe small but they do pack a punch...equivilant to 1500 tons of TNT in one of the warheads!!!

ska57
War Machine and Iron Man look harmless next to Heavy Arms...

Kontraz
yeah... i am going to admit this though... if they fight well enough and use the fact that they outnumber him to their advantage, they definately stand a chance, and i'd say the scale is actually tipped in their favor...

however, either of these guys alone would be toast IMO.

bardock
trowa is a damn good pilot. i would say he is second best of the wing boys how about you?

ska57
Two-on-one would be unfair, but War Machine vs. Heavy Arms in a comic or a movie I would pay big bucks to have, I wouldn't say Iron Man/War Machine would be toast, with that gat gun firing 1000 rounds a second, it could keep up with the missile barrage from H-Arms.

Kontraz
yeah, but H-arms works the same way... he had a huge barrage of missiles fired at him in the movie, destroyed them all with ease, along with the other suits that fired them....

now. Trowa being the best pilot? Hrrmm... gonna have to disagree... i'd say he is 4th best. This is the order i have always ranked 'em

1) Duo (fastest reaction time of all pilots, best accuracy)
2/3) Heero/Zechs (they are both really good in every category, no real weaknesses, and they are basically equals. Zechs beat up on Heero when Zech's piloted an inferior suit, and heero did the same to him when heero's suit was worse...)
4) Trowa (knows the limitation of his suit very well and uses it very efficiently, however his reaction time is kind of slow and his accuracy is terrible, though he doesnt need accuracy with that many weapons and auto-target features)
5) wufei
6) quatra

bardock
well we all have differences.quatra aint good at much he always has his bodyguards to bail him out. but trowa is the best at strategy. i remember him in the middle of battle talking text book battle answers

SUPERMANDAMAN
No way I like Duo alot ex in endless waltz his gundam was insane but Heero has him beat then it would be Zechs then Wufei.

Kontraz
nah, duo IS the best pilot, but not the best fighter. Heero also admits to duo having better piloting skills at the beginning of Endless Waltz Thats even what the mangas said. And quatra is the best with strategy, hence heero giving his gundam the zero system so the others would actually be able to see the strategies he comes up with.

now... that aside, lets get back on subject, shall we?

Swanky-Tuna
Those robots get torn up all the time though.

Kontraz
yeah, the ones made of titanium do... only 6 of the mobile suits are of Gundanium... which are the Gundams... and those things are nearly indestructable.

Swanky-Tuna
Wasn't Wing Gundam made of gundanium? That got wrecked.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Only because it was fighting another Gundam. Its sorta like how in marvel adamantium can cut other adamantium.

Tron
I don't know, I've seeb those suits get damaged by most blast, especially Wing Zero in Endless Waltz. Gundanium is stong, but not indestructible. And I've never seen adamantium cut adamantium, if that were the case, every Wolverine and Deathstrike or Cyber fight would've been pretty short.

Kontraz
have you seen how much damage the twin buster canon can do? THAT's why wing zero was torn pretty much to pieces when it fired it far too closely to the ground. As for Wing Gundam... it only got torn up twice... once when it self-destructed, the 2nd when it was blasted by a canon that can destroy a colony (a space shuttle roughly the size of texas) in one hit.

Evangel94
Iron Man wins quite handily due to versatily and ability to use the environment to his advantage.

bardock
trowa is great at planning though

Evangel94
It's just a big robot with big guns and missiles, nothing he hasn't dealt with before.

bardock
if you dont know what you are talking about.then you shouldnt comment

Evangel94
I've seen the entire gundam wing series and endless waltz. I know what im talking about. I also read Iron Man as well. Based on my knowledge of both, I say Iron Man wins.

Kontraz
"a big robot with guns" OBVIOUSLY you havent seen much of the series or the movie.... i think you greatly underestimate trowa as a fighter...

ragesRemorse
I saw an episode of gundam where the gundams were the size of buildings. couldnt one of these just step on Iron man, or just drop it's gun on him.

Evangel94
I've seen the entire series of gundam wing and endless waltz. Quiet with your fanboyism. Essentially that's the whole concept with a mobile suit or a gundam. It's a "giant human controlled robot with big guns and powerful armor". I don't care how you put it, because that's what it really is.

SUPERMANDAMAN
OMG and what do u think Iron Man is ??? Its just some guy in armor that increases his stregth and durability and gives him some weapons pretty much what a gundam is except that gundams have better armor bigger weapons and are stronger not to mention the huge size advantage. This is dumb your just being biased everyone else in here knows that Iron Man would lose I mean its a freaking gundam.

Nataku8188
Alright, Ive seen all sorts of arguments facts, and misconceptions. First off, Heavyarms would most likely LOSE to these two competitors. Why? Because they can out manuever him. The only problem... their weapons will deal little to no damage. A 1500 ton nuke eh... If the actually manage to hit heavyarms with that thing you can be sure they wont go away unscathed. Now, as far as a head on fight... Heavyarms takes the cake. His micro missles coupled with the sheer number of bullets would overwhelm the duo.

Trowa is a good pilot, but his expertise is in ranged combat, if these two get close hes done. The heavyarms gundam custom, kai and regular all lack the mobility to fight BOTH iron man and war machine at the same time.

Now, as far as the piloting skills go...

Heero should be considered the average. His skills are above average in every category, and he has no weak points. Heero takes his mission and does it, with little self doubt. If he feels like he is doing wrong, he questions himself on his own time. Considered to be the best G-Boy overall, he would lose in a fight with Trowa, Duo or Wufei. Why? Because they all have suits oriented for one thing, while his is the generic 'blast em to shit' suit.

Duo is the most capable at piloting, I.E. hes a good driver. He can handle Deathsycthe hell very well, but in a prolonged fight, he is the worst off. He relys on speed to get a 1 shot off and defeat his opponent. If forced into long drawn out fights, his scythe becomes much more innefective and he has to use unusual and drastic measures to keep himself in the game. (Deathsycthe hell, while not my favorite, is statisticly the best suit. It's mobility allows it to avoid nearly any enemy, its cloaking allows it to sneak up on opponents. The only time he has a problem is if the opponent knows he is coming. Trowa and Wufei would be his toughest enemies, both having a good chance of success in a direct fight.)

Trowa is best suited for ranged combat, precise and calculating, he can lay down walls of suppresive or destructive fire. His biggest weakness comes from an inability to handle high levels of stronger enemies, as his weaponry deals less damage to gundams and energy shield toting enemies. Melee he is a well rounded pilot, except for the fact that his suit is not made for this form of combat, and will leave him asking to bite the big one.

Quatre is a master strategist. He alone can truly unite the pilots, rather then fight himself, he usualy has a person or people to help him. His suit is designed to take the most damage, since he lacks combat skills, he has to rely on surviving while his partners elimante most of the threats.

Wufei can be considered the best combat orient G-Boy. Unlike the other pilots, Zero has no effect on him, because he can naturally decide who his enemies are. Out of combat he is the most torn pilot, because unlike heero and trowa, he doesnt take orders, and unlike Duo and Quatre, he doesn't fight for a specific cause. His suits are well balanced, and only really lack heavy firepower weaponry, making his biggest weakness himself. If he begins to doubt himself he will lose focus, and then lose his fight.

Zechs is the BEST pilot in GW, and there is no arguing about it. If you say Heero beat him in episode 49, your a moron. Why? Because he beat heero with a GROUND LEO... in a SPACE FIGHT. He beat Heero with an inferior suit, and with a superior suit. In the final battle Heero is using the Zero system and Zechs isn't using the Epyon system (Which is the Zero system) Zechs admits to being wrong and sacrifices himself. Zechs real weakness, like Wufei, is himself.

ska57
First of all, Stark & Rhodes are not stupid. When they fire those types of missiles they will be as far away as possible, as soon as H-Arms gets into range, before they fire it you can bet on that. Second, when they do fire it at max range they can get out of there at the speed of Mach 1.2 (960 mph). Third of all, the Iron Man's suits can withstand a nuclear explosion with flying colors, he even said in the recent Hulk comic.

First of all, the combined targeting systems of Iron Man/War Machine can take out 120 targets (in this case missiles) at once (I already said that!); so that missile threat is out of the way. Second of all, I heard one of you say that H-Arms cannot fly (?) even if he could, he could not maneuver not even half as well as those human sized Iron Man suits. Iron Man & War Machine can just fly around him and shoot him in the back or just fly in circles and hardly any bullets would reach the duo.

Kontraz
120 targets.... wow... who says he cant fire MORE than 120 weapons? Sure, he could fire all of his missiles at once, which is a little more than 75, so, that leaves 45 targets left for them to take out... have you forgotten about his 4 gatling guns and his vulcans??? I'd be willing to bet if even one or two bullets from those things connected either of the duo would be done for.

on a side note...as for the zero system not effecting wufei... the episode where wufei finally joins up with the other pilots (its in the last 10 eps im pretty sure.... MAYBE last 15....) he pilots zero and the system does indeed effect him. It shows him who is enemy is (dont remember what it said, but it was either himself, those who wish to fight, or those who are trying to kill others, or something along those lines, i'll have to double check...) And, just like everyone else, he also hallucinated (however you spell it)

ska57
Iron Man's suit withstood a nuclear explosion without any problems at all and now you say that two hits from a vulcan or a gat gun could take them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! furious

What's a "vulcan" anyway?

Kontraz
basically another gat gun.... and do remember that nukes are not the most powerful explosion we have by far.... it is the radiation that makes it so deadly.

besides, you can't kill a cockroach with a nuke (except of course if the bomb itself explodes right on it) but a single shot from a gun will do it in....

ska57
You can't kill a cockroach with a nuke except if the bomb lands on it!!!! Seriously, THINK before you post stuff like that! So you are saying that if a nuke went off right in 20 feet of me the blast wouldn't kill me?!?!?! The energy released from the explosion of a nuke levels everything!!! If you don't think so, here's a picture of Hiroshima.

Kontraz
seriously... think before you talk... YOU ARE NOT A COCKROACH!!!!!!! well, maybe you are... but thats YOUR problem. Cockroaches are of the few animals IMMUNE to radiation. You can stick one in a microwave and it wont be effected (the heat itself might kill it, but the radiation has no effect whatsoever)

ska57
I'm not talking about the radiation!! I'm talking about the force from the blast!!! Anything that can survive the radiation first has to survive the explosion, DUH!

Kontraz
*sigh* your narrowmindedness is sickening.... very well....

what do you suppose HeavyArms will do as the duo prepare their nuke? Stand there and watch them fly away? No... i think he will actually fight and keep them within his desired range....

ska57
What???? The duo don't "prepare" the nuke, they fire it! And when it is fired, it is locked onto H-Arms and he is blasted away while Iron Man and War Machine are flying in the opposite direction at 960 mph.

Evangel94
laughing laughing laughing

OMG you know Iron Man would win ??? Its just a big robot pancake ice cream with big weapons that all know makes toasters and gundam really big harder they fall superman totally beats down every single other superhero cept ali cause ali is best boxer that why ali beat gundam every time up then Iron Man wins cause u biased and i don't speak with grammar cause school i dont bother cept with superman

Kontraz
evangel... chilll.... if you have an arguement, TRY TO USE IT, dont go bashing other people... really... that just shows how lacking you are....

as for "preparing the nuke" i meant preparing to fire the nuke. Of course they dont have to actually build it, prime it, etc. But unless they decided to fire the nuke off first thing as soon as they saw the gundam (and were a good distance away) heavy arms is NOT going to just stand around and let them fire it at him.

Nataku8188
The velocity of Heavyarms bullets is strong enough to punch through titanium. The amount of bullets in the air at once is similar to flak... so lets see...

Bullets that tear through Iron man/War Machine's suits + entire wall... = Dead.

And a nuclear explosion is not kinetic energy, it is outward explosive force. It like comparing getting slapped with a shovel to getting stabbed with a spear. There is more overal force from the nuke, but it is going int all directions at an equal rate, while the bullet's energy is focused straight forward. Besides, you talk like he doesn't have targeting systems... wait... he does. And they are much more precise then Iron man/War machines. In Endless waltz using FOUR GATLING GUNS which are known to be highly erratic and innaccurate, he takes out the knees of four other mobile suits in quick succesion.

Also, Heavyarms can fly, just not for extended periods of time, his suit is too heavy. He has to do short spurts of propulsion.

Note: Wufei WAS NOT affected by the Zero system. When my comp stops being a bastard ill check the ep and put up a direct qoute for you.

Edit: K, here goes;

Once in Zero wufei says this; "The road I am taking is the correct choice." Notice, unlike other pilots, Wufei doesn't need zero to choose for him.

Zero starts to get to him and he says, " I can fight on my own! I will keep on fighting until the day I die! "

Another Zero moment, " Is that my future? " Flashes other 4 pilot pictures, "With them? Then my path will become the same as their's"

Then hes back aboard the shuttle. Like I said, it had no effect on him, except telling him to go with the other pilots. Wufei fights for himself, therefore he knows his enemies by instinct. Zero doesn't aid him like it aids the others. That is, of course not counting the level of enhancement it brings to the pilot... but even without zero system he faced off against heero who WAS using it. Heero had to fight with everything to keep Wufei from destroying him.

bardock
my little topic has sparked quiet a debate.i like.i think trowa has a big advantage in the fact that he isnt afriad of death. he would not have fear holding him back

Nataku8188
Trowa does fear death, at the end of Wing he realizes he has Caterina to live for. He then has a purpose to fight, its how he overcame Zero system.

Evangel94
Im not going to "chill" when he can't type proper responses. If he wants to have a million grammatical errors and pretend he's a special ed student then he'll get treated like one. Wanna have an intelligent debate? Type intelligently. Then we'll talk.

Edit: If I take my time and provide proof to back up my statements, I don't want some half assed response of "OMG! You like so wrong! Gundam much bigger and stuff so Iron Man goes down so too bad u really really biased person". You will not get any respect from me that way.

bardock
during some parts of the series he actual wants to die

Kontraz
wufei IS effected by the zero system, just differently than everyone else. everybody is effected in a different way. Heero needed to be shown his enemy, Quatra had to be shown who he was really fighting for, Trowa needed a reason to live (and fight), Wufei needed to realize he couldn't fight alone, and Duo... well... Duo was something I haven't quite figured out yet.... I mean, it was just a bunch of glowing death scythes rising out of hell, then he thought he blew up a colony....

ragesRemorse
Man Gundam are so more bigger than Iron man. They caryy stronger guns and stuff. Gundam would trip and fall on iron man and iron man would die like so badly because he would be crushed and stuff. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Evangel94
I don't care about Iron Man at this point any more. Whether you meant it or not, you jus showed the perfect example of just how to not respond. You've done a greate service.

ragesRemorse
Anything to help. I have virtually no knowledge of Gundam,aside from some episodes i saw. I was being blatantly arrogant with my previous remarks. If anyone knows anything about Iron man, they know size and strength isnt what matters when going against Iron man.

Kontraz
but skill, armor, and firepower IS..... which is why i think heavyarms would win in a one on one match... war machine thrown in there does complicate things, though.

SUPERMANDAMAN
please follow forum rules http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

SUPERMANDAMAN
O really? gee it sure helped the Hulk out.

ragesRemorse
Let's not go there

Nataku8188
Yeah. Exactly.

ska57
Iron Man's suits are made of crystallized iron suit tiles over a BASE of titanium nitride (TiN). I amplify the word BASE because that's the thickest part of his armor, low density TiN at a thickness of .0008 inches erodes 25% slower than a diamond (hardest natural substance known to man) and under the same wearing conditions too. Would those bullets even scratch Iron Man's armor if Tony Stark had high-density TiN with a thickness of even a 1/2 inch!

Nataku8188
Yes, They would. Diamond is the hardest natural substance, but it can easily be destroyed with a direct blow. Metals stand up to much more punishment as far as kinetic damage, this is because their structure allows them to have some give, while the diamond simply cracks and shatters.

Notice that the titanium alloy on Leo mobile suits is more then an inch thick... and his bullets shred them.

Even if one bullet alone couldnt puncture his suit, the sheer force of the bullet would cause enough damage to slow him down. Dont forget, hes firing hundreds of rounds at once.

ska57
Yes, the sheer number of bullets and their force would slow Iron Man down, but it wouldn't stop him. Don't forget, War Machine's firing THOUSANDS of rounds at once.

Oh yeah, the titanium on Leo mobile suits are not titanium NITRIDE.

Kontraz
how do you know that? In their descriptions, it says titanium alloy... which means it could be anythign with titanium in it, INCLUDING nitride.

and in endless waltz, the serpent suits were made of neo titanium, which is (fictional of course) only slightly weaker than gundanium, but MUCH stronger than any other metal.

Nataku8188
You misunderstood.. I said ONE bullet would slow him down. The hundreds he is firing would destroy him. His suit can only take so much damage. Like Kontraz said, you don't know what leo titanium alloy is made of, so don't say what it isnt.

ska57
Yeah, but that's just it, WE DON'T KNOW. They probably don't even tell you if it is high or low purity titanium-_______ (you fill in the blank) which can varry so much in strength that it would almost seem like two different metals.

Nataku8188
Thats not a hinge point in my argument though... The fact that their armor is thicker then Ironman's, and still more then 50% titanium means these bullets are definitly strong enough to damage his suit.

Tron
Don't forget that Heavyarms is shootign off some big a$$ bullets, I can't say if they'll penetrate Iron Man's armor or not, but I do know that it's definite gonna suck for him if they hit.

Nataku8188
they are around the 100 mm range. Dats some big ass bullets.

Evangel94
Iron Man has gone through re-entry through the earth's atmosphere from space out-of-control, slammed through a few skyscrapers, and crashed into a city street causing a huge crater. He then stood up with no damage to his armor. That's how durable he is.

Nataku8188
Your point? Thats all blunt damage. You don't even read peoples posts! We're talking kinetic! It's completly different! You are so iggnorant it... it just makes me want to kill you! ARGH!

Gundam Wing was hit by a frickin' spacestation energy beam bigger then he was. Guess what... it survived. It was pretty ****ed up... but it survived. Wing fell through the atmosphere into the ocean. Survived. Heavyarms custom has taken numerous blasts from energy weapons with more power then a 105mm machine gun... and kept on rolling. He is much more durable then Iron Man.

Swanky-Tuna
If heavy arms' normal bullets can shred the only-slightly-weaker-than-gundanium armor of the serpents, doesn't that only strengthen the case for Ironman and Warmachine and their fancy armor piercing bullets?

What kind of targeting interference do Ironman and Warmachine have? It's easy to punch a monkey in the face but it's harder to hit a fly if you get what I mean.

Nataku8188
Only slightly weaker? You are VERY mistaken my friend. Very, very mistaken. Gundams have shown to stand and walk through enemy fire, while serpents take damage, HEAVY damage, to their systems.

As for the interference, he stated they can lock onto all of heavyarms missiles, but there are still hundreds upon hundreds of bullets, and the gundam's lockin system is nothing to be shy about. Like I stated before, using highly inaccurate miniguns, Trowa disabled the kneecaps of five serpents in quick succession without damaging much else.

Evangel94
Blunt Damage uses kinectic energy to cause damage. You're just so desperate for the gundams to win than you can't admit through your own fanboyism that there's possible ways for Iron Man and War Machine to take it down. There are so many ways for heavy arms to be taken down it's not even funny. You don't even know all of the equipment Tony Stark has at his disposal. If he wanted to, he could just hack into the OS, of heavy arms gundam to shut it down from a far away distance or activate the self destruct device.

Heavy Arms from the gundam wing series had a VERY limited amount of ammunition to use against the enemy. Trowa's tactic as he stated himself is to shower the enemy with bullets. Iron Man has dealt with enemy's that use the same concept and still comes out on top on daily basis.

If Iron Man deals with far more powerful enemies on a daily basis such as the Mandarin, then a gundam with big guns is no problem at all.

It pushed Talgesse II out of the way. After the blast the only part left was a badly damaged chest component which was abandoned. You obviously are trying to pump up something from nothing.

It was equiped with re-entry equipment and had a window for re-entry. It was interupted by Zechs in a ground type leo and hit the ocean. It was damaged and had to be discarded by Heero.

Iron Man fell through re-entry out of control, crashed trough skyscrapers, and slammed directly into the ground without any damage shows he has more durability than your giving him credit for.

If you recall Wing Gundam at luxemberg took blasts like that and was abandoned by heero.

bardock
the sheer force of the bullets would kill stark inside suit.they would bang him around till he was dead even if ironman was still ok

Kontraz
quote:
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Heavyarms custom has taken numerous blasts from energy weapons with more power then a 105mm machine gun... and kept on rolling. He is much more durable then Iron Man.

If you recall Wing Gundam at luxemberg took blasts like that and was abandoned by heero.

we arent talking about wing gundam, we are talking about heavy arms (custom to be specific) and he WAS able to take the damage. Also, about Iron Man hacking into the system and causing it to self-detonate... that's impressive, seeing as the self detonation in all of them are not part of their systems and were only added later. Thats basically like saying he could hack into a microwave and tell it to heat up and hamburger. Not gonna happen without being connected to a communications system.

Nataku8188
First off, Kinetic energy does propel the blunt damage... but it is over such a large area that it isnt as powerful as a bullet.

KE = 1/2 * M * v^2

M=Mass of object (or blast)
V=speed of object

Bullets cover much more ground then explosions, and carry their kinetic energy into a much smaller impact, therefore dealing more damage.

A chinese KS-19 fires 100 mm bullets. These travel 900-1000 m/s.
Since the Leos are equiped with 105 mm machine guns, I'll say heavyarms has the same size rounds. Now, if you actually think the amount of damage done by these rounds isn't enough to take down either Iron Man or War Machine... then you greatly overrate their strength.

second, there is no possible way for him to 'hack' into the gundams. The gundam systems can only communicate through comm units, which carry direct visual and sound. If it were that easy I'm sure the guys who invented giant robots that can be controlled by a single teenager could figure out how to do so. Think with some common sense. You can't hack into an OS... its a direct feed, its not like the internet where you have to send information over a line to a database, where it is routed and sent to the location. Learn something about hacking before you talk about it.

Second, I'm not some stupid fanboy, I already said he'd lose. I'm just arguing that he could destroy them with his weaponry, and that he is more durable then they are. See, I was right, you DONT read all of the posts.

Or not... if you watch Endless Waltz, you'll know they each destroy nearly 50 Serpents... From the clips of him fighting, it seems he wasn't using his ammo sparingly at all. Trowa isn't a moron, he'll make his shots count.

No, I'm simply declaring the durability of the Gundams. The Heavyarms suit is more heavily armored then wing, which survived with its torso, head, and upper wing structure intact. Calling it nothing is pretty stupid, considering that beam could easily destroy the earth.

It wasn't equiped with Re-entry equipment... and a window for re-entry? What are you babbling about? There is no mention of a window for re-entry. As for it was damaged, in episode two they declare it doesnt have A SINGLE SCRATCH ON IT. Heero abandoned it because he had lost control, and decided he would retrieve it later when there was a better opprotunity. His number one concern was to not be discovered.

If you recall it was a beam saber that made him abandon, and the fact that he knew he couldn't win. Stop being so picky with your details and pull out some facts.

Swanky-Tuna
Take that up with Kontraz, he said it.

Evangel94
If you read comics, then you know it doesn't operate exactly as the real world. Tony has already shown he can access almost any piece of technology in the world. He even hacked into Ultron, built by unknown alien race, without any of the restrictions displayed by your reasoning. I will also add he did it quickly and easily.

He might be able to damage them with the full power of his heavily armed gundam. Then again its not even sure thing he could hit such a small target. Iron Man and War Machine have displayed amazing speed, manuverability, and reaction time that it would be doubt that they could be hit by such convential firepower. Because of that it would be extremely difficult if not immposible depending on the terrain on which heavy arms has to operate in for it to hit such small comparitively small targets. Gundams were originally designed to destroy other mobile suits. Not small targets.

In Z Gundam, MK-II gundam attempted to shoot a soldier on reconnaissance. The soldier was wearing simple space suit with tiny equipted boosters for small maneuvers in a colony. When the gundam fired, the soldier dodged easily and stated that it is impossible for mobile suits to hit such small targets. The gundam attempted to shoot the solder again and again but failed to hit each time. The Soldier then boosted to safety.

This further proves that it would be impossible for a Gundam to hit such small targets.

He didn't destroy any of serpents at all. Of the ones he did attack, he disable them in order to not kill the pilots. After he ran out of ammo, he was at the mercy of the remaining serpents.

If he runs out of ammo, assuming his gundam isn't affected by the nuclear bomb of war machine, then he'll be at the mercy of Iron Man and War Machine highly effective weaponry.

If they don't have a window for re-entry then they can't safely go to the earth.

Wing Zero at the End of episode 49 was attempting to destroy the incoming debris. Massive amounts of armor were being torn off wing zero as it attempted to achieve a lock on the debris.

Wing Zero Custom in Endless Waltz was crashing through the atmosphere while in a deadlock with Nataku Custom. Armor components melted and were ripped off Wing Zero.

Wing Gundam suffered heavy damage from the firepower of hordes of mobile dolls. Heero took a direct blow which knocked down the already heavily damaged Wing Gundam. Three mobile dolls then surrounded the crippled Wing Gundam and were about to destroy it when three Treize Factions soldiers kamikazed and destroyed the three mobile dolls. Heero then abandoned wing gundam.

bardock

he was fighting in his original gundam then

Nataku8188
Excuse me for saying destroyed, I meant Disabled. We all knew what I meant.

This can be argued based on which universe the fight will occur in. If it is the AU Wing universe then this won't happen. If it is Marvel's mainstream universe, then it will. So this argument changes based on context.

Notice that is Z gundam. Not gundam Wing. Gundam wing gundams are nearly 1/10 as heavy as other gundams, are stronger, faster, more accurate, and are much more durable, you know why? Because gundam wing gundams are supposed to be godlike. Like I said before, Trowa disabled the serpents by simply blasting away their kneecaps... thats damn accurate if you ask me.

It has been shown that when firing his buster rifle at maximum power, or even charging it for that matter, Zero is very susceptable to damage. Not only that, but he had just battled with Epyon.

In endless Waltz Zero loses part of his shoulder armor after blocking Wufei's downward slash. Notice Wufei suffers no damage... yet he is infront of Zero during the entry. 59:00 into the movie.

Highly INNEFFECTIVE is more realistic. Directly fired on his suit, it has little to no effect. If you go for the weak points, it will work. But so would a guy with a stick of dynamite. The point im trying to make is, Heavyarms will most likely lose. If he does manage to hit either of the suits, consider them done for. The first bullet will throw them off, and that will give him time to finish 'em. As far as durability, the gundams have thicker, stronger armor. Heavyarms DOES have 140 armor, not 110. You must've misread. Here; http://www.gun-plus.com/index.php?id=pages/gw_heavyarmskai

ska57

Tron
Did she say Ultron was made by an unknown alien race?huh

Last I checked, Ultron was created by Hank Pym aka Yellowjacket, unless you're making some point that I'm unaware of.

Evangel94
Not necessarily true. If Iron Man can do this in one universe, then he may be able to perform it in the AC (After Colony) universe. There has been no evidence to prove otherwise.

What evidence is there that proves that they are faster, or more accurate than the non-alternate universe gundam counterparts?

There not "godlike". They perform well against other less equiped mobile suits based on the fact that they are more heavily armed and there equipped with gundanium armor which has a high tolerance for punishment.

He didn't disable all the serpents by shooting there kneecaps. He showered the serpents with enough bullets to cripple them.

Kontraz
check the stats from various gundam series... gundam wing gundams are typically better. About the kneecaps, he's talking about a specific scene where there are 5 or so serpents and he takes out all the knees. Also, just to show a leo's accuracy (which has much inferior targeting system compared to any of the gundams) one guy on foot shot some RPGs at a group of leos. One leo turned around and shot the guy from a good distance.... now, i know iron man is a lot faster, but Heavy Arms no doubt has a good targeting computer, and a lot more weaponry than a leo.... Plus, correct me if i'm wrong, but can iron man dodge bullets? I know he's fast, but hardly any of the superheroes are fast enough to that (unless they have very shitty writers).

oh, and gundams dont always have superior stats.... Duo took on the vayaitte (however you spell it) and the mercurius at the same time... and D-Hell would have lost by a long shot stat-wise, however, he came out on top without a scratch hardly, mainly to emphasize that its not just the stats, but the will of the pilot.

oh, and heavy arms does have 140 for armor.... but this is heavy arms custom we're talking about, isnt it? He's supposed to be much higher in armor (along with the other gundams).

Nataku8188
You can't tell with the customs, because they arent really upgrades, so much as what the original gundams were supposed to look like in the creator's mind.

Each suit emphasizes more on the strengths and weaknesses, I.e. Heavyarms custom would have less fighting and speed while having more firepower and ammo.

So you're saying that Marvels totaly unrealistic physics are going to apply to AC as well? How about not. It would be impossible based on AC reality for Stark to do that.

Evangel94
Your saying Marvel has unrealistic physics? They both do. Giant robots fighting, orbiting colonies, massive powerful weapons. In order for vs threads to exist you must accept all feats shown on both ends. You can't pick and choose just to support your argument.

bardock
colonies could exist and probably will someday.so your saying something like mir cant exist.and have not heard of truckasarus.the giant car eating robot

Evangel94
We haven't done it so far, call me when we do. The small mir Space station is a far cry from a giant orbiting colony.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Since when did I start talking about giant car eating robots? That's right I didn't. It doesn't even fit in this. Try to not get too imaginative.

bardock
i havent you ever been to a monster truck show?colonies are pretty likely i say.mir is just the start you dont think we will get bigger and better.not very much optimism.truckasuraus isnt close to a gundam by anymeans but he is still a giant robot.

Kontraz
actually, Wing's physics are pretty decent and realistic. The ONLY thing that i have trouble with is nataku's flamethrower being so useful in outer space. It IS possible to use (by using hydrogen) but it would be more trouble than its worth probably.

emraldguardian
HEAVY ARMS has this one

bardock
bump

bardock
again

bardock
no thoughts i guess

Nataku8188
Nothing left to say.

bardock
i guess

hey were from the same place

Nataku8188
I've been there longer.

yugotank
I like Iron Man...

Because he's an American with normal looking eyes. I hate the stupid large ugly eyes.

psycho gundam
old thread

iron man could most likely hack the suit, all the while cloaking his signature from the sensors. i doubt the heavyarms could land a hit with any bullets.

JakeTheBank
Geez, people didn't know who the phuck Iron Man was.

Team wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.