Bernie Mac's First Leading Role - Mr. 3000

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JamalMagloire
I think he's ready to break out of being part of a supporting cast and show us what he can do with his new film Mr. 3000. I loved him in Kings of Comedy and this seems to be a good role for him. Looks funny!

forumcrew
looks pretty bad.. dont think i can handle him as a leading role either.. the entire idea of the movie doesnt make sense.. unless he either 1 got hit 3000 in the last game of the season or retired during the middle of the season its highly unlikly to ever finish with exactly 3000 hits.. and then not getting in the hall of fame because of the missing 3... the entire plot is too wack for the movie to be too good.. and in terms of comedy itll never live up to something like office space.. its gonna be bernie mac annoying the audience

WindDancer
Not another Mr. Baseball!!! Yuck! even worse that unfunny Bernie Mac is the main character??? As a movie goer and as baseball fan I can see this movie is going to strike OUT!

Stormy Day
A disaster in the making.

JamalMagloire
I think the plot sets up a lot of funny scenarios and why are you comparing the film to Mr. Baseball when they have nothing in common besides baseball?

Baseball has a huge appeal plus, Kings of Comedy took in 38m and that was a stand-up comdey film, Mac has a strong backing and will bring a wide audience.

<<Solo>>
I'm going to give this the Worst Movie Of The Year tag for now, I agree with forum crew it looks horrible.

BloomBabyGirl
i dont know what yall is talkin bout. bernie mack is hilarious. hes good in oceans 11 and his show is funny. much as i hate baseball(BORING. how can it even be considered a sport? half the guys there have beer bellies) i might go see this cuz bernie could make it worthwhile. hopefully tho, this will be the last base ball movie ever made

<<Solo>>
No, No, and he had the smallest part in Oceans Eleven. He's probably the least funny celebrity ever.

Cinemaddiction
After "Head of State", "Johnson Family Vacation", and "Love Don't Cost a Thing", the only thing this movie will bring is flak on Mac.

Truth be told, I don't know that baseball is that popular sport amongst African Americans.

forumcrew
and in oceans he is a side character not the leading man

ragesRemorse
dont we have enough shitty movies by decently funny lcommedians?

BackFire
Looks bad, real bad.

SlipknoT
No he wont. I'll be suprised if this film makes more than $35m.

ragesRemorse
Mac is a comedian, not an actor. comedians mostly always make terrible,terrible actors,save a few exceptions.

Jedi Priestess
Good to know I am not the only one that thinks Bernie Mac SUX
I could not believe that FOX replaced the show TITUS (which was brilliant IMHO) with that CRAP The Bernie Mac Show messed

WindDancer
I saw the Kings of Comedy video a few days ago. Now to be honest Cedric, Steve Harvey, and the other guy were very comedic and entertaining to watch. But I'm sorry, when Bernie Mac took the stage he blew it. Wasn't funny, the crowd reaction was normal, they weren't laughing much. A few gigles and that was it. Were as the previous 3 had the crowd going wild.

I guess that's why he was the last one of the four. If he would have gotten the first act the crowd would have walked away from the show.

Linkalicious
Am I like the only person that doesn't find Bernie Mac or Cedric the Entertainer funny at all?

I would NEVER put a movie that looks this bad up there with Mr. Baseball. Tom Sellick (sp?) kicks too much ass to ever stoop himself THIS low.

I'd rather castrate myself than pay money to see this movie.

ragesRemorse
No you are not alone

BloomBabyGirl
i kno he wasnt big in Oceans but he didnt screw it up or anything

and ya baseball and african americans have never really mixed

WindDancer
African Americans and Baseball never got mixed? Uh-uh.....Ever heard of the Negro Leagues that started in the late 1800's and ended in the 1950's. In the late 50's African Americans were intergrated into what is now known as The MLB (Major League Baseball)

JamalMagloire
This is Bernie's first leading role, so I don't think we should bash him when we don't know what he is capable of. Its your perogative not to like him but I think it will be funny seeing him mock the self-absorbed pro-players.

Here's an article I found:

http://www.chud.com/news/sept04/sept7mac.php3

Cinemaddiction
Not sure that that was directed towards what I said, but I found this to back my claim that the sport isn't that popular amongst African Americans anymore.

I'm not saying they dislike baseball, but it isn't that popular sport, attendance wise, amongst blacks.

ragesRemorse
we already know what he is capable of. He has been in atleast a dozen movies. In every small role he takes on, he plays the same character.

BloomBabyGirl
i kno the negro leagues waht i ment was look at the players now. evry once in a while u see an african american i mean theyre there but still a monortiy. games such as bsaketball however have intrigued african americans and a lot more of them play it. thats what i was basing it on. i didnt mean for it to mean they arent there

WindDancer
Negativo! that was directed at BloomBabyGirl. Btw- I see the point she is making now. So, In away I do agree with you BBG.

btw-Mr. 3000 looks bad.....but it will never dethroned Mr. Baseball. Mr. Baseball is the worst sports movie EVER made.

JamalMagloire
My point exactly - this ISN"T a SMALL role - this is a LEADING role. You can have your opinion of him in general, but you do not know what he'll do with this lead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.