Will Clark Kent Die of old age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
I was wondering how long will Clark Live i mean in Season 1 episode called Hourglass Clark had a vision of him self form the future surrounded by graves of love ones.

In the comic Kingdom come it states that Clark will grow old slower.

If Clark is Immortal that must be such a curse watching your loved ones die around you.

Lydia
nope...he's superman! he can't die!

Samurai Girl
Its abit like highlander he had to watch his loved ones ages faster than him and die. I wud hate tht. But i have heard he ages much slower then everyone else

Samurai Guy
This is true. Supermans alien make-up is enhanced by the earths yellow sun. That is how he is Superman on earth, and Krypton did not have an army of supermen.

His alien DNA makes him age slower then any human.

Samurai Girl
But with his old ppl he wud age along with them right?

Samurai Girl
i mean own lol

Samurai Guy
laughing

Yes, he would age along with his own people.

BloomBabyGirl
thank yuo for that. i always wondered why if krypton was so strong they didnt just invade

Samurai Guy
Well, had every Kryptonian come to earth, there would be a legion of SuperMen.

Shadow_King
but then in the tv series with the kid seeing how people would die by touching him. how come he doesnt see how superman dies. he just sees him flying with the red cape.

BloomBabyGirl
so what if they went to other planets or is it just our sun. and what happens if we go to krypton? cuz in smallville the pple who have meteor rcok in em have powers s o would we have powers there

Samurai Guy
Superman can die of old age. He will die eventually. He cannot live forever. Perhaps he cannot see everyones death, but only X many years into the future.

It is the way the sun travels through the atmosphere.

Shadow_King
Sg you dont know what you are talknig about if you can see how people would die then he has to see him die.

Samurai Guy
But Superman is not a person. He is an ALIEN. Perhaps that threw the whole thing off.

I know what you are talking about, I am merely trying to answer the question to the best of my ability. I am not superman! big grin

Shadow_King
SG it doesnt matter if youralien he sees the future till your dead and he didnt see clarks future so clark is immortal.

Samurai Guy
I am merely trying to answer from an objective standpoint. I am not trying to be a pain in the ass.

What I mean is that is proven that he can see the fate of those who are human... but Supe's is NOT human. Kind of like how Ryan cannot read Clarks thoughts.

Shadow_King
oh ya. you might be right.

pr1983
it was said in one of the episodes toward the end of season 3 that clark wasnt immortal, he just ages slower once he reaches maturity, he will die of old age, but long after everyone he loves dies

Shadow_King
ok.

Samurai Guy
big grin

I feel so smart! smart

pr1983
why?

Samurai Guy
That was sarcasm... I have been trying to make that point evident to him for some time now, but he was being stubborn.

pr1983
oh, hes always like that, dont worry bout him

Samurai Guy
laughing

he isnt that bad

pr1983
i suppose u right

Samurai Guy
Of course I am. big grin

Shadow_King
well when clark dies who will take over his place???

Samurai Guy
Superboy... Supergirl... Wonderwoman

NateDawgNT
there was a comic once when star labs explained to superman why he doesnt grow older... its because he did all his growing in his youth, (physically) and that kryptonians must age that way in yellow sun(they were hypothesizing). They also told him that he would most likely outlive the planet earth

Samurai Guy
Wow... really?

I was always under the impression he ages, just not as fast as the others.

TheFilmProphet
Well than I guess he can always date Lois Lane's great, great, great, great, grandaughter.

Samurai Guy
Keep it all in the family. yes rock

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

NateDawgNT
well he has to have aged from childhood to adulthood along with the rest, thus being the same age as lana and pete and whatnot. But even on the Lois and Clark series, STAR labs told Lois that'd shed grow old and she wouldnt even see a change in him.. cuz she kept seein herself as 80 in the mirror

shaber
Why on Earth did you suppose that Kryptonite weakens them...

NateDawgNT
huh? kryptonite? before krypton exploded there was no kryptonite

DrWookie
Just curious...when the boy see's clark's death (or doesn't see it) what exactly does he say?

Does he say that his death is unclear, or that there isn't a death...because perhaps the reason he doesn't see his fate is because his fate isn't decided...because he hasn't chosen his path (perhaps part of that is his alternate self we see this season, Kal-El).

Perhaps he will die but at that point he had a choice for how his life gets carried out (choosing to be Kal-El or Clark, or perhaps jsut choosing to "save the world" or just be a normal person).

I mean, obviously he could have seen "You die when you get exposed to some rock for to long when you are older" because there is always the possiblity in the future when he is fighting evil people that one of them will kill him with the help of krptonite, so he could have seen that fate.

remember, clark isn't indestructable...you can kill him if you use krptonite....so it would kinda ruin any thrill of future movies or stories of superman...because it would prove that no matter who he fights, they won't defeat him....kinda boring now smile

Anyway, i rambled a bit, hopefully someone will be able to answer my original question...about his dual fates.

Samurai Guy
That pretty much is the basis of this thread; will Clark die.. which in a way encompasses you question into it.

In my opinion, the fate of Clark CANNOT be seen, as the power of the child extends only to certain grounds. Due to the fact that Clark is not human, being able to see his demise is impossible.

DrWookie
The other thing, which helps us not take that boy into serious consideration, is that the extent of his power cannot be specifically explained.

From that episode you can assume he can see the fates of HUMANs...because he say deaths and then they occured, but that only happened with humans...since clark was the first alien he touched, and he didn't see his death then it could be a power that can somehow read human fates but not the fates of others.

That or clark's connection with kryptonite and how kryptonite gave the boy his powers might be conflicting with what the boy sees.

The TV series i don't think was brave enough to take such a step as to say "Clark will not die"...i think the assumption from that episode was that we do not know what will happen...if you were supposed to get the ide athat he won't die, it would ruin any suspence in any future movies.

Samurai Guy
Or atleast will not die of old age. We all know that Superman died.

Mr Zero
He ages, just at a slower rate much like Wonder Woman.

He gets nice distinguished grey hair at his temples. Check out Kingdom Come.

Samurai Guy
Finally, somebody who understands! I have been trying to explain that to people for the longest time!

NateDawgNT
but thats not in the normal continuity of superman... in the comics - he was told he'll still look young when Lois is 80 and thats at least 50 years away. Kingdom Cme made all the characters look older for style - that's how Alex Ross likes to paint.

Magee
Has no one here read or heard of DC 1,000,000 or Superman Prime. He goes to search for Lois after he out lives her and dissapears for milleniums. Hibernates in the sun and comes back in the 851 century. The only reason he lives this long is because of the Earths yellow sun. When it goes Superman goes.

The Unknown
I'm pretty sure that the kryptonite was inside Krypton's core, so it was released when the planet exploded.

NateDawgNT
No - kryptonite was formed as a result of particles of the planet krypton passing through radiation in space - thus becoming radioactive... its just like how radioactive rocks kill humans - just works a helluva lot faster on clark

Mainstream
true kryptonite can harm human too if they are exposed to it long enough..smallive and the old Justice League....(before it became JLU) have proven that. When Toon Lex got sick from carrying Kryponite around with him for years.

VicmCruz3663
Clark won't die...thats not how he dies...but begin how shows and movies always get the facts wrong maybe he will.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Lydia

Not true. Doomsday killed him.

Zod4Life
Ain't never gonna die...............unless he's killed by kryptonite or magic.

Zod4Life
Oh and Doomsday didn't kill him.

smoker4
I thought Doomsday killed him and the Eradicator brought him back to life? confused

Zod4Life
The Eradicator was brought to life from the technology in the Fortress Of Solitude I think and he was some kind of energy.He got into Superman's dead body and everyone thought he was the real Superman.I didn't see what happended to him next but I saw the first issue with Cyborg Superman.Cyborg Superman took Doomsday and strapped him onto an asteroid.At the end of the book Doomsday came back to life.I haven't seen the other issues yet with the continuity of the Rein Of The Superman.The last issue I saw was the first one featuring Cyborg Superman.

mtryder
If he ages slowly, then why did he age from 5 to 18 normally?

pr1983
Originally posted by mtryder
If he ages slowly, then why did he age from 5 to 18 normally?

he has to go through puberty, only when hes a fully grown adult will his ageing slow...

Originally posted by Zod4Life
The Eradicator was brought to life from the technology in the Fortress Of Solitude I think and he was some kind of energy.He got into Superman's dead body and everyone thought he was the real Superman.I didn't see what happended to him next but I saw the first issue with Cyborg Superman.Cyborg Superman took Doomsday and strapped him onto an asteroid.At the end of the book Doomsday came back to life.I haven't seen the other issues yet with the continuity of the Rein Of The Superman.The last issue I saw was the first one featuring Cyborg Superman.

The Eradicator...

Zod4Life
He's immortal.I don't think he'll ever die since Kryptonite won't hurt him at all in the future.

pr1983
Originally posted by Zod4Life
He's immortal.I don't think he'll ever die since Kryptonite won't hurt him at all in the future.

clark? no, he ages, just very slowly...

TWelling4Ever
Yeah he'd have to eventually die...

Magee
He died from exhaustion fighting Doomsday.

TWelling4Ever
cry that sucks

pr1983
Originally posted by TWelling4Ever
cry that sucks

well he did take doomsday with him...

TWelling4Ever
bawling cry it still sucks

pr1983
bawling cry it still sucks

yeah, but he was resurrected...

TWelling4Ever
eek! that's good woohoo

Mainstream
Superman shall live but shall die by my hands...and my hands alone

TWelling4Ever
......quote?

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
Superman shall live but shall die by my hands...and my hands alone

and who might you claim to be?

TWelling4Ever
blink I am totally not getting this...

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
and who might you claim to be?

I was just kidding I like to be dramatic at times eek!

pr1983
I was just kidding I like to be dramatic at times eek!

i know, im just playin...

TWelling4Ever
LOL

Mainstream
all I need is my future armor and he's dust..you hear me...dust!!!biggrin

TWelling4Ever
cry no!

Mainstream
I won't kill him....his existance keeps world from realizing my true powerbiggrin

TWelling4Ever
cry u sure?

Mainstream
totally.

pr1983
all I need is my future armor and he's dust..you hear me...dust!!!biggrin

not if i take you down first...

Mainstream
not if i take you down first... I may have to call in my 54 horsemen to handle you.

pr1983
I may have to call in my 54 horsemen to handle you.

meh... horsemen...

Mainstream
or horse people if you want to be politically correct.

pr1983
or horse people if you want to be politically correct.

i don't... when it comes to ass kicking i don't discriminate... stick out tongue

TWelling4Ever
laughing

Mainstream
i don't... when it comes to ass kicking i don't discriminate... stick out tongue

that's good to knowfighting28

TWelling4Ever
laughing

Mainstream
laughing

still laughing?

Zod4Life
Probably so.

IceWithin
huh dun get it

Mainstream
Originally posted by IceWithin
huh dun get it

nor do I?

crichardson18
there are only two things that can kill Superman and thats Kryptonite and the extinction of the Sun.

Oh and neither Superman nor Doomsday died in that battle. Doomsday wakes up strapped to the boulder he was hurled out into space on. And the scientist friend of Supermans, I think it's at the STAR labs?, says that Superman is not dead but is his power/energy was just expended and he needs to recharge kinda like a battery. He just expended everything he had in that battle and went catatonic while recharging.

I had all of those episodes too. But it's been along time since I've read those issues and I lost them while moving awhile back. mad
So I may not have it scene by scene but I did get gist of it right though.

joser23
remember that magic can also kill superman! i mean real magic i hope that someday isobel wake up inside of lana and then give her all her powers to her greatgreatgreat.....greatgrandaughter i know that's not possible but chloe never was in superman's history i mean i've never herad about her sooo maybe they change some superman's story 4 good!

crichardson18
very true real magic can hurt him. i'm glad they added that in there it adds a bit more reality to it i think. that would be kinda of cool if lana inherited isobels powers and then fought along side of clark, be an interesting new twist on the storyline.

joser23
lol that would be awesome!! but i think it aint' gonna happen lol it's just too much crazyness but it'd be awesome big grinbig grin

mtryder
What I've always found annoying is that, according to Smallville, Clark ages perfectly normally from 5 to 19. So that in of itself pretty much kills the theory that he simply ages slower.
As little sense as it makes, it really only leaves the door open for the idea that he ages normally up to a certain point, then just... stops.

Mainstream
Originally posted by mtryder
What I've always found annoying is that, according to Smallville, Clark ages perfectly normally from 5 to 19. So that in of itself pretty much kills the theory that he simply ages slower.
As little sense as it makes, it really only leaves the door open for the idea that he ages normally up to a certain point, then just... stops.

he'll proberly age normal to about the age of 45 then he'll age about 1 year for every 5 earth years...this is the way of his people. wink

FistOfThe North
Kryptonite bullets to the heart or head can kill Superman.

In one "Smallville" episode, he tried to catch a Kryptonite bullet that was shot at him and it went dead through his hand and upper torso.

Now the shot hit him as Clark Kent with all his superpowers intact, as he almost died in that episode if it weren't for help.

Uber_Jedi
Originally posted by Lydia

Quite right. (They call me mellow yellow, quite right...)

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by crichardson18
very true real magic can hurt him. i'm glad they added that in there it adds a bit more reality to it i think. that would be kinda of cool if lana inherited isobels powers and then fought along side of clark, be an interesting new twist on the storyline.

No,that idea would suck.It's a bad idea and should NEVER be used,not even as a joke.

ZephroCarnelian
Superman ages up to peak size and power, then doesn't get any older.

The only way he can get olde ris if exposed to massive doses of Red Sunlight radiation.

This happened to Supes in the 'Superman 2020ad' PreCrisis Comics.

He got hit by a huge dose of Red Sunlight, which aged him very quickly till he had grey hair and wrinkles. He managed to get out of the sunlight in time to stop the aging but would forever look like that.

Uber_Jedi
There is no such thing as magic.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Uber_Jedi
There is no such thing as magic.

Yea, huh there is..

Really listen to that song, "Do you believe in Magic, (and I hope you do..)"

It has subliminal messages on real-world sorcery.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Superman ages up to peak size and power, then doesn't get any older.

The only way he can get olde ris if exposed to massive doses of Red Sunlight radiation.

This happened to Supes in the 'Superman 2020ad' PreCrisis Comics.

He got hit by a huge dose of Red Sunlight, which aged him very quickly till he had grey hair and wrinkles. He managed to get out of the sunlight in time to stop the aging but would forever look like that.

That was Kingdom Come Superman I believe,haven't read it though.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Shadow_King
but then in the tv series with the kid seeing how people would die by touching him. how come he doesnt see how superman dies. he just sees him flying with the red cape.
SG it doesnt matter if youralien he sees the future till your dead and he didnt see clarks future so clark is immortal.
Sg you dont know what you are talknig about if you can see how people would die then he has to see him die.

no, if you remember that kid had a vision about one of the teachers getting run down by a car.... but clark saved him... he doesn't seem capable of correctly seeing a future in which Clark becomes involved

Ultimate Hulk43
And he only saw a red cape because Clark's immortal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.