Predator vs Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
Set in New York City.... Punisher thinks he's hunting down just another crazed wacko... only problem is HE's the one's being hunted.....

ragesRemorse
The PRed would win because of Camo. without Camo, it would be a more even match that could go eigther way. The Punisher would rely on his extensive knowledge of weaponry. The Pred relies on it;s advanced waeaponry, and physical abilites. The pred can jump standing nearly 20 feet, and leap 20 twenty feet. The Pred is overpoweringly stronger, If the bout became a close quarters fight, then the Pred wins. However, Punisher has quicker agility, this would make Preds shoulder cannon hard to make a lock. Preds aire blades (or whatever there called) wouldnt be a problem for Punisher, he has went up against weapons like this before. So i would say Punisher would win at a distance, giving him the ability to utilize his weaons, but if castle gets to close he will be trophy for the Pred. This is all assuming Preds camo somehow gets damaged.

Nataku8188
Pred is definitly more agil then punisher, and its shoulder cannon can lock onto a moving alien, which is definitly more agile then punisher. Predator has the net, as well as the wrist spears and new shurikens. Punisher took on a whole team of special forces members in predator one... come on, give me something harder.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Predator just because he has every advantage in this fight maybe if it was a younger Predator it might last a lil longer.

§nakehead
Well in the predator movie arnold beat the preadator so I think that punisher might have a chance

SUPERMANDAMAN
LOL yea the movie where Arnold covered himself in mud so that Predator couldnt see him with his heat vision and the funny think is that it worked.

Mane
yeah that was unrealistic. theres no way a thin layer of mud would absorb your body heat and make you invisible (as far as infrared goes). but the mud thing actually gave him a chance. if they hadnt done that, he wouldnt have had a chance at beating him.

post count #1001

ragesRemorse
Well every comic pairing outcome between the predator(excluding the Alien) is dumbfoundingly unrealistic . I never said that Punisher is more Agile, he just has quicker agility. Every weapon The pred offers, is a weapon that castle has gone up against in one form or another. Yeah the shoulder canon would pose a severe problem for the PUN, but i am sure he would be able to dismantle it using his weapons. The city is a great advantage for Punisher, these are his battle grounds. Punisher without his weapons and his van of military artilary is a certain loss, but with, it is a fairly even match.

The Punisher is in a sense just as much a hunter as the Pred,except his isnt for sprot or rites of passage. still with Camo, and shoulder cannon Pred wins overwhelmingly easy, without one or the other, the match would be a decently close bout that could go eigther way.

Nataku8188
Predators LIVE for the hunt... It is all they do.
Even without the shoulder cannon, the pred could claw him. Besides, the pred would have been hunting him long enough to know he's dangerous, and wouldn't go in unprepared. They don't let the unblooded fight oomans.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Punisher is going to lose even if they are fighting in the city, I mean Batman is the king of city fighting and when he fought Predator he was almost killed.

ragesRemorse
yeah, i would like to add that Batman should have been killed. 90% of the time in predator VS matches. The foe fighting the Pred has no business taking the victory. I know they ccant have a Pred kill off a lead character of a comic franchise, and i appreciate the kick ass vs comics, but reality is still the same Predator should have won 8 out of ten of his bouts with cross over characters. I seriously think Punisher has more of a chance than,robot fighter,dredd or batman had.

Kontraz
and ESPECIALLY tarzan..... i mean in that comic, tarzan was able to OVERPOWER a pred in hand to hand... something that dutch(arnold's char) couldnt even do in the least!

ragesRemorse
yeah, Arnold slammed the Pred with a peice of a tree trunk and he just got laughed at. It took an entire tree dropped from the air to stop the Pred and it diddnt even kill him, but somehow in the sequal an old scrawny cop can give a beat down on the Pred that is just humilating. someone behind the movies and comics has never heard of consistancy

Mane
thats just what i was talking about with my friend like an hour ago. Predator 2 sucked because it made the Preds look super-powered or something. i mean Danny Glover beating down a blooded veteran? no way. i mean i can understand Arnold winning, but Glover? like you said "someone behind the movies and comics has never heard of consistancy"

Nataku8188
The thing about glover was he killed the predator over a very long period of time. Actually watch it. First he got the jump on him and nailed him with a ****ing sawed off shotgun. The pred lived. He barely survived on the roof, the pred lost his hand. On the ship, The pred totaly had him except Glover got a lucky shot... It took ALL of that.

Dutch was fighting a near fully health pred, and he got lucky that the pred took so long to kill him.

ragesRemorse
Exactly, what shitty writing.

Jodo kast
dtysdefcdvte

pr1983
i have the batman pred comic and batman was sooo lucky to beat him, the pred almost killed him. as for the topic, i think predator would win, i like punisher alot, he was laways one of my fave characters, but really, punisher at his core is just a messed up guy with lots of guns, sure hes skilled, but i'm sure predator has taken on and beaten better.

Predator takes this one

crazyspinz
dude, predator is tuff and all but, in the preditor movies he is always or usualy killed by guys with guns, and the punisher just happens to be, a guy with a gun, acauly a guy with more guns than the us marine core

Kontraz
you have seen predator, haven't you? In case you havent noticed, NO SHIT HE DIES FROM GUYS WITH GUNS!!!! THATS THE ONLY TYPE OF PERSON PREDATORS FIGHT!!!!

Arnold: "No, (pulls gun away from girl) he didn't kill you because you weren't armed"

Glover: (after looking at a bunch of fresh corpses) "..they were all armed..."

so, what does that make punisher? A threat? Not hardly. More like a giant billboard screaming "KILL ME!!!"

crazyspinz
this is true, but punisher is so frikin armed that i doubt pretitor could take him, but it would be close

Kontraz
nah, it wouldn't be close at all, i doubt. The pred took out an entire special forces unit with ease.

Mane
i agree. i still demand Turok vs Predator!!!

crazyspinz
dude, punnisher has taken out more than special forces units, and wasnt preditor killed by arnold????

Kontraz
yeah, the predator chose to fight 1) unarmed (he did use wrist blades, but only after he beat the crap outta dutch) 2) uncloaked and 3) the pred gave dutch time to prepare... and 4) minus his helmet. Now, the helmet part might not seem like much at first... but YOU try fighting somebody for a good 5-10 minutes holding YOUR breath. Its pretty hard to hold your breath for half that, NOT DOING ANYTHING. Also, without his helmet, the predator is basically blind, his eyesight is SO bad.

Mane
exactly.

crazyspinz
good point, it would be close either way

Kontraz
I don't really think so... i mean, im a punisher fan and all, but "realistically" (i know, its comics and aliens) the punisher wouldn't stand much of a chance. I mean, the entire squad (minus 2 who died) unloaded on the pred who was only a good 15 m away. "nothing coulda survived at that range." Yet, the pred only took one bullet to the theigh..

really, with the ability to basically turn invisible, to leap 25 feet straight up (even further horizontally), being probably 2 to 5 times stronger, incredible speed and agility, and have an entire arsenal of heat seeking weapons that are almost always 1-hit kills, the punisher just seems a bit outclassed in every way...

Nataku8188
Don't forget the predator carries a nuke on his wrist, and according to AVP he can just chuck it in Pun's van if he feels like hes gonna lose.

Krexo
Predator would rip him apart.

Predator Vs Alien though, thats another story. Haha (havent seen the film, Damn UK Release dates!!)

Kontraz
dont worry, you missed NOTHING... movie was 2nd worst in my opinion of both franchises. (the worst being alien 4).

Nataku8188
Naw, alien ressurection was better then alien 3. Alien 3 sucked. AVP was better then alien 3 and ressurection and about par with predator 2.

pr1983
avp better than alien 3? come one, 3 wasnt as good as its predeccessors, but it was better than ressurection, and AVP was and absolute pile of shit, and people wonder why james cameron won't do alien 5?

Nataku8188
AVP wasnt THAT bad. Everyone's problem is that they are comparing it to their own hype... which is a like aliens standard. The only thing that was bad was the director and his script. The actors did fine considering what they had to work with.

pr1983
i suppose, as a standalone, it was passable just about, but compared to the others its terrible i think. i still think 3 was a good movie there was a good atmosphere, good acting, but there was too little of the alien.

Lord Ryugen
AVP was alright. I'll admit the plot wasn't that good but the fights were good watching and lets face it thats all anybody wanted the film for. But on topic the Pred would take Punisher after a long gruelling fight with lots of property damage.

Kontraz
AvP had fightS in it? I can only recall one fight... between the celtic pred and the grid alien. Other than that there were no actual "fights".

and how do you propose the punisher lasts longer than a few seconds against the pred?

Wynndar
i dont think the predator was holding his breath when he took of his helmet...he was still roaring and laughing and stuff....i think they can live in earth's atmosphere...in AVP and Predator 2, they went without helmets for quite a long time...in Predator 2 he didnt wear a helmet for like 35 minutes....and he screamed and sh!t, looked like he was breathing to me

Kontraz
watch predator 2 again... in 2 scenes he pulls out an air filterer deal and inhales into it.... one of the times led to his downfall (he was breathing in it when glover knocked him off the side of the building... which led to his arm getting cut off and losing the disc... so on and so forth)

Nataku8188
Preds can breath our air, but its much harder for them. Like breathing at high altitutdes for humans.

Wynndar
yea ive been trying to rent it for a while....i havent seen it in about 8 years i think

nomsans
well i think it would be interesting if thebattle between punisher and preditor was somewhat along the same format as the very 1st fox film w/ arnold.

in the movie, arnold and his band go into the jungles to do what they do best in the environment that they do best in in full action.

in pun vs pred, punisher and his complete arsenol go into the crime infested innercity streets doing what he does best in the environment that he does best in.

in the movie, pred kills arnolds pals one by one and seemingly saves arnold (the strongest) for last. (rather than just kill em all at once ((which would have been a more worthy and harder match, pred strategically dissopated them one by one, weakening thier defenses as a whole))

in pred vs pun, pred would obvioulsy have been watching the pun for sometime and know most of his weaponry and would have wanted to generally do the same thing as the movie, but take out each of punisher's greatest threats' one by one. lets say four or five attacts on the punisher by the pred where the pun BARELY escapes (only because the preditor wanted to for a more worthy battle in the end) but say the 1st attack is at pun's base of operation in which it is completely destroyd in an attack while the punisher is away 'punishing'. pun comes back and realizes someone's after him, but he has no idea who...
then the next step would be for the pred to destroy his van and his friend chip, rendering the punisher seemingly immobile.
meanwhile the punisher begins to investigate and is on the hunt himself as there are other unusual murders involving the punisher's 'clientel'.
eventually the preditor unwittingly reveals himself on a suprise attack at the punisher's 'secret' hideout (in which the pun was secretly setting a trap like in the movie with arnold, and it does suprise the pred, but in the end blows up in puns face, and he loses almost all of his arsenol... in which the pun barely escapes with his life for the ninth time.

but this is about the time where an injured punisher would find out some kind of peice of information about the pred that he can use to his advantage in some way (like how arnold found out how mud can hide him)...maybe even something along the same lines...infact, maybe the pun hooks up to the central highlly classified top secret government computer and finds out that the goverment has known about the pred (somewhat like in pred II the movie) and pun know's pred's weakness' now....but also punisher's at a great weakness...but uses his knowledge to some how devise a clever plan to draw the preditor into a trap and kill him. it almost works...but the pred at the last minute isnt fooled. after the punisher runs out of weapons, the pred...in his pride and honor, takes his weapons off and a bloody slugfest ensues where punisher practically gets the sh*t beat out of him left and right.

no movie studio, nor marvel would let a pred kill thier leading punisher.
not when there can be room for a sequel or two to make an extra buck, and the only way to do that is to have frank castle win the 1st one...(but a great shocker to the sequel would be another, greater pred warrior has heard that pun, has killed a pred and challenges pun, and eventually kills him in the sequel as the story unfolds....

Nataku8188
We aren't talking based on comic logic here (Popular and good characters always win) we are basing on a real fact based fight.

nomsans
if we are talking a fact based fight...then predito would have killed dutch (arnold) from the 1st film w/o 'half' as much troube....i mean c'mon...who would win in a fight on thier own...dutch or punisher?
yea thats what i thought...and dutch ended up defeating the preditor all by his lonesome.

MERCILOUS
What! Dutch could so take it to Punisher!

Nataku8188
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
What! Dutch could so take it to Punisher!

Dutch or Shaeffer, they'd put Punisher in his place.

MERCILOUS
Testify!

Kontraz
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Preds can breath our air, but its much harder for them. Like breathing at high altitutdes for humans.

yeah, they *can* breathe it, but they dont breathe oxygen. They breathe some other gas that is a very small % of our air. Either that, or the pred in the 2nd movie had athsma

MERCILOUS
Actually I'm pretty sure they just require higher concentrations of nitrogen. Which if i'm not mistaken, is the most abundant gas in our atmosphere, somewhere along the lines of 70%. If I'm right it can't be too bad for them (sorry for being so unsure of myself I haven't been educated in some time.)

seaapple
Originally posted by Mane
thats just what i was talking about with my friend like an hour ago. Predator 2 sucked because it made the Preds look super-powered or something. i mean Danny Glover beating down a blooded veteran? no way. i mean i can understand Arnold winning, but Glover? like you said "someone behind the movies and comics has never heard of consistancy"

Danny Glover beats Arnold. Way smarter (Danny Glover has been positively active in the community for a long time). Plus he has that thing he does with his neck (kinda twists his head/cracks his neck) when he shoots his gun lethal weapon.

Oh, I agree, if Arnold beats the Predator then Punisher has a chance. I give it to Punisher since he is a survivor, probably more so that Arnold's character in the movie.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by seaapple
Oh, I agree, if Arnold beats the Predator then Punisher has a chance. I give it to Punisher since he is a survivor, probably more so that Arnold's character in the movie.

Punisher is just a Marine with a serious case of Depression.

Dutch was elite special forces with the need to destroy.

MERCILOUS
Seriously, Frank is a veteran taking down street punks. Dutch and his crew were considered to be best in the world taking on missions that no one else even had a chance of surviving.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.