KOTOR 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Does anyone know anything about the new KOTOR game coming out?

Boris
It's out around christmas/early january and it looks pretty much like the first one which means it shall be quite good lol

Julie
I think the release date may have been pushed even further back....feb 2005 or something ....if it hasn't yet you can prob expect the push back...it's common with games.
Typical SW game....the jedi are near extinction....the dark siders are running rampant but chaotically...so you the hero need to step up and for whoop 'em or join em and then force whoop 'em to keep everyone in line with your glorious plans:-)

Master Revan
thumb upWell said julie that what i was what i was going to say thumb up

Boris
Of course you can always been a chaotic darkside ruler and kill everyone hehe

Master Revan
Crap! What i said did not make since what i mean was( thats what i was going so say)

Darth Malik
It's going to be quality, have heard it is more open ended than the last one. you start off with the Ebon Hawk in this one but don't know how you get it as you are no longer Revan.

Julie
Revan prob sold the ship....then the new hero gets it and starts off on the adventure....beating the heck out of people or nicely defending the innocent against the legions of darksiders that threaten to drown the struggle republic....for their own diabolical purposes, of course

Morridini
I have never played KOTOR but has allways wanted. So I think I will buy the sequel instead. But just one question. Is it only single player or can u play it on the internet against other people?

Boris
Yes its single player and no online sorry sad You should pick up the 1st one too, the story continues.... and its a really good game too lol

Morridini
Perhaps I will. But games are expensive here in Norwy and soon the OT DVD box comes out and I have to buy it.

Boris
Tis money well spent though smile

Morgoths_Wrath
KOTOR is a platnium hit, i got mine for $20...its worth every penny

Boris
There ya go, and it's been pushed back to feb 2005 for the pc, dec for the xbox smile

Master Revan
How much is it in Norway?

Julie
I paid full price for it....b/c I got it the day it came out....I htink it was near 50.00 or something like that but I played it way more than 50 hrs so it was money well spent......def going to get KOTOR II ....the cheat book was also a good investment

Morridini
It is costs aproximatly 500 Norwegian Crowns. That's like 73 Dollar. But thanks to the internet I saved those money. I have just started playing KOTOR after downloading it. So far it looks promising. Any tips u would like to give?

Boris
Be evil really evil and try not to level untill you become a jedi

Morridini
Not to level up?
Why? Ain't that the most natural thing to do at once u get the chance?

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, but you start out as a scoundrel/scout/soldier...so you wanna wait alil bit so you can level up when you become a Jedi...after the first planet. you can level up your other characters, just wait for the main one. i didnt do that, but now that boris mentions it it doesnt sound like a bad idea

Morgoths_Wrath

Xanatos
I would like to know what level you stop growing at. I was going to buy other moves, but then I stoped getting experiance at 20.

Boris
Yep level 20 is the top, thats why you should not level until your a Jedi, that way you can be a level 19 Jedi and a level 1 Scout/Solider/Scoundrel

Xanatos
Is it the same for KOTOR 2

Boris
Don't know, although they are using the same engine so I'd say that 20 is the cap.

Xanatos
The trailer looks cool to, top right corner says trailer

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/

Morgoths_Wrath
that trailer is sweeeeeeeet! I can't wait! Can't December 6th come any faster?? no

Oh well, I guess Halo 2 will have to hold me over that last month rock

Boris
I gotta wait till feb sad

Jerico
How on Earth do you get through the game without levelling up, i hardly think you can lean on your chums that much

Morridini
I'm getting tempted to level up.
Any tips on the best way to defeat Gardon (or whatever his name was, the blind man on Taris)? It's probably silly to ask how to defeat someone this early in the game, but I just can't do it.

Morgoths_Wrath
You really shouldnt be fighting Gadon...he's actually supposed to help you. If you find Mission and Zaalbar he eventually lets you enter the Taris swoop race for the Hidden Beks. Are you playing through the game using the Dark Side?

Xanatos
A bit of warning when your done with your 3rd planet dont go back to Taris(I wont spoil what Happens) but I did it and my game got messed up and I had to start over. So when you get there just continue to your last planet.

Morridini
But I get dark side points by betray Gadon. That's why I try to kill him.

Morridini
Never mind.
I managed to kill Gadon. Then I won the race for teh Black Vulcars and then I killed the leader of teh Black Vulcars and "saved" Bastila. Will anything happen in the Undercity now that both the gang leaders are dead?

Morgoths_Wrath
I'm not sure, I played through using the Light Side...so I dont know whats gonna happen.

Boris
Nope nothing much happens, your nearly done the first part now anway

Xanatos
There seems to be thousands of ways to get dark points, but very few ways to get light points. I hope the balance it out more in KOTOR 2.

Morridini
I have a question for those who didn't level up before they became a Jedi.
How did u beat the Sith governor in the Sith base at Taris? If u have played without leveling up that would make u a level 2 at this point.

Master Revan
what i did was kept ignoring the level up sound and picture and have either Carth or Bastila fight for you while you stand back far away.and when you be come a jedi without leveling up you'll become a level 5 jedi thats what i did.

Morridini
Well, I managed to defeat the sith Governor (I just had to outsmart him). Now I have to defeat those protecting the Ebon Hawk.
And what did u mean by "and when you be come a jedi without leveling up you'll become a level 5 jedi"? Shouldn't that be a level 2 Jedi? Since the minimum level is level 2.

Boris
I think he means that when you have the chance you will be able to level up to level 5 for your jedi class, and it doesnt matter about the other people, they only have one class

Master Revan
i didn't make it clear. i meant is that when you get in a fight and level up just ignore it and when you finally get to Dantooine and construct your light saber you hear the level up sound and see the arrow up just level up as usually you can get more force powers that way.

Julie
I saw some trailers for this the other day....oh KOTOR II looks so incredibly wonderful....I only hope my poor xbox won't die on me b/f I finish playing the game....I may have to choke the $150 for a new system

Julie
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/kotor2/preview_6102626.html

try going here

Master Revan
i seen that one try this one www.lucasarts.com they probably already changed it it's been two week since i checked.

Morridini
I just read this:

KOTOR Goes Platinum!
LucasArts is pleased to announce Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has been inducted into the Microsoft Platinum Hits Series and is available now! KOTOR was the winner of over 40 'Game of the Year' awards in 2003 and offers hours of immersive, action-packed Star Wars role-playing entertainment, now for under $20!

What is actualy Microsoft Platinum Hits Series? and what did KOTOR do to end up there?

Master Revan
to end up ther they made a part 2 that is far more better just like Halo is going platinum because Halo 2 it's going to be better.

Morgoths_Wrath
Games go platinum because they sell hella-copies. The same way CDs go platinum. And since they figure most people already bought the game...why not lower the price to what they SHOULD HAVE MADE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE AHHHHHHH THEY MAKE A PROFIT EITHER WAY VIDEOGAMES ARE WAY TO FRIGGEN EXPENSIVE $50 IS TOO MUCH THE GAMING INDUSTRY IS ROBBING US BLIND!!! OK, I'm done ranting but I hope that answers your question.

Morridini
I just wonder what do u want to see added to KOTOR 2?
I haven't finished KOTOR yet so I haven't seen all yet.
I really liked the fact that if u broke the law at Manaan (spelling?) u could get arrested and put in a trial, I even managed to plead Guilty and was executed. I hope there is more worlds like this in KOTOR 2, or perhaps there even is like that in some of the worlds I haven't played in yet.
And what about having some background conversation going on, so we can actualy hear other people having a conversation. That's all I can think of at the moment. So what do u think?

Master Revan
that would be good to see having to hearing a back ground conversation
or in some areas a fight would break out or you can hear people talking about what you did on other planets.

Morgoths_Wrath
I'm looking forward to some new Force abilities rock

but other then that, I'm hoping for impoved graphics, new worlds, BIG worlds, deep storyline and cool characters. The basic gameplay i believe it going to stay the same with just some new extras

Morridini
Perhaps getting the ability to jump? I know we can jump in battle, but when u are just walking around would be nice too. We could use the right mouse button for jumping, if u don't use that one to scroll around.

Morridini
I just got to the plot twist in KOTOR.
And I really liked it, it makes the game more interesting. I usualy anticipate these kind of suprises but this time I was caught of guard. I don't want to say what the twist is, in case someone who read this are playing/or are planing to play KOTOR. But thosw of u who have finished the game know what I am talking about.

Master Revan
yea it surprised me too.

celibi87
yeah i want to get it looks awesome

Julie
I think it will.....as long as my machine doesn't die....KOTOR II should be an awesome experience.

Xanatos
OK I just got word that you will be able to go past level 20 in KOTR 2, but the office level you can get to has yet to be mentioned

...so for all I know it could be 21,lol

Master Revan
wow imagine the power on part one if your over L:21

StinkFist462
im still playing thefirst one and thanks for not ruining the plot twist ... yea i jus got of Kashyyk and now im on Tatooine .. i got it for 20$ worth every penny

Master Revan
was it platinum edition?

StinkFist462
yup .. all silver bordered .. its awesome

Morridini
Which planets have u been on yet? And in what order? I traveled form Taris to Dantooine, from Dantooine to Kashyyk, from Kashyyk to Manaan, from Manaan to Tatooine, and from Tatooine to Korriban. And now when i m looking back at all the quests I have had, I must say that this must be the best way to go through the game.
Oh and I also visited Yavin frequently, if u are ever gonna sell stuff go there to sell it. That Rodian there gives the best price for the stuff u want to sell.

Morridini
Hey, everybody. Look here. I just found this movie preview of KOTOR 2. ftp://2ca649e17a55feb2:[email protected]/aussiexbox_kotor2.wmv

Boris
Not workin sad

Master Revan
it's not. but what website was it from?

Morridini
There: http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_806_en.html
It took some time before I found it.

Xanatos
Anybody read the newest XBN mag, sweet Happy Dance

StinkFist462
i went from ..
taris to dantooine . dantooine to kashyyk. kashyyk to tatooine . tatooine to koriban ..
very easy .....

Morgoths_Wrath
I went from Taris to Dantooine, Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Korriban and finished with Manaan. It seemed to work out rather nicely.

celibi87
i did manaan first and korriban last...that worked out well

Boris
Went to tat first and Korriban last, you get some pretty funny responses at the sith academy after you find out about Darth Reven....

Darth Sauron
IS KOTOR only for PC?

Morridini
No, KOTOR is for PC and for X-box.

Xanatos
mannan was soo boring. I got dark points there ,no way in hell was I going to take the long way to keep the fish alive. Again mager KOTOR 2 spoilers in the new XBN you should all check it out.

Eöl Moriedhel
I loved Manaan. Killed all the fishes.....stick out tongue

Boris
I too liked Manann, the trial parts were pretty cool, would have liked to been able to slice n' dice the fishys though..... laughing

Morridini
Has anyone downloaded the video clip I sent a link to?
It shows a lot of new footage from KOTOR 2.

Xanatos
But they need a faster underwater suit mad

Morgoths_Wrath
Agreed. That was the worst and most annoying part of the game (that and the space suit, but they go hand-in-hand)

Master Revan
I went to Tatooine->Korriban->Manaan->Kashyyyk it worked perfect for me. What i hated was the swoop racing they were pointless.

StinkFist462
i didnt like the Sith Academy too much erm . it was fun and all but a bit too easy . easier than the jedi acaademy which too me cannot be true

cal31
I also agree, you could almost complete all the objectives on a planet in the time it took for you to walk 100 ft. in that suit. It was unbelievably slow.

Morridini
I didn't like the Star Forge, very much. It was allways the same. Follow the way and kill all Sith and Dark Jedi u see, and they just came pouring down on u. And the water/space suits was way too slow, as some od u mentioned

PVS
"mooka shaka paka"

so sick of that freakin line

Morridini

Boris
Hehe just chuck her out, that shuts her up evil face also she was speaking mandilorian

PVS
i just hated how the aliens all had like 2 or 3 lines per language.
they would carry on a lengthy conversation with a just couple of soundbits.
i hope they improve this.

btw, did anyone else like having the women run around in their bra and panties? laughing out loud no defense, but a great view big grin

Morridini
How can that be Mandalorian when it was only Twi'leeks who spoke it. And it wasn't just one, but almost all Twi'leeks, men and women.

Julie
It never occured to me to take the clothes off the people.....gee I wonder why...

Anyway, yes the spacesuits and watersuits were the bane of my little KOTOR existance...the load times were bearable but it would be nice if they could shorten them

StinkFist462
or lessen them .. its like everywhere i go i get a loading screen .. i beat the game and must ahve seen 300+ loading screens

Xanatos
I can speak Twi'leek

Jimmy Jimmy Boco

Kashi

Jimmy Jimmy Boco

Kashi

Jimmy Jimmy Boco

Kashi

Jimmy Jimmy Boco

Kashi

I hate that damn linemad

and I hope they give you better face expressions when you are listening you look like your sick or some thing.

Morridini
Hey, u forgot mooka shaka paka.

Xanatos
hysterical My bad

Well at least they cant mess up the wookies.

Morridini
It would be nice if they added a wookie with speechaberration (is that teh right word? I am not sure. I mean someone who by some reason talk different then others, with some flaws in their language), like the one in the Thrawn trilogy. They can speak basic.

Master Revan
The Ithorians annoyed me the most there distorted voice also repeated it self just like the Rodians with there high pitch sound.

Morridini
So we all agree that they should add more lines to each race for KOTOR 2 then?

Xanatos
yes

Boris
Yeah....lines are good but I'd like

more sabers, force powers, better jedi robes, much longer story, tons more sidequests, more saber colors, having what you do make you evil not just one choice...... etc and they have seemed to cover all that so I'm happy smile

Morridini
One thing bothered me about the lightsabers. Why can't one hold two double-bladed lightsabers? It might not be very practical (they might get in the way of eachother) but it would be very cool.

Morgoths_Wrath
I think it would be cool if you could get a force power to use a lightsaber using the force, that way you could use two hands for your double-bladed lightsaber and use another one by means of the force. that would be killer

Morridini
Or u could use two seperate lightsabers in your hands and a third one with the force.

Master Revan
their will probably be another Kotor after Sith Lords. I really hope so.

Morridini
I read somewhere that they are planing to maka a trilogy. Since that's something Star wars really like to do.

Eöl Moriedhel
I've heard fifth-hand rumours of even more than just three.....shifty

Julie
as long as there's money in it...they'll continue the KOTOR series......but really how many times can they almost dest the old Republic....
Still at 5 years b/.t each we still have room for a good 100 KOTORs:-) Happy Dance

StinkFist462
laughing out loud

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic2 : Return of the Wookies 6 : Avenge Kashhyyk 2

Morgoths_Wrath
I can't trust anyone named "Stink Fist"

Morridini

Morgoths_Wrath
good stuff, Morridini

Master Blade
if not level up hard to beat sith governor, it is

Morridini
Only the first time u play the game, if u have played it once before it's a pice of cake.

celibi87
yeah its a pain to get going but if you know what to do you can get glowy real fast

Morridini
Do anyone of u have any tips on how to beat Malak when u are playing light side? I've just gotten to the final battle against malak, this time Light Side. But I can't seem to beat him, as none of my Force powers work on him (Foce whirlwind and Stasis).

Revan X
First avoid him and destroy all the capture Jedi and be well pack with garnades because that worked for me but if you don't have the power to drain the Jedi force powers than your stuck.

Lobo
The site has gone live now. There is some great new stuff there.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/

Morridini
Well, I've gone all Light here so I don't have any Dark side powers. Anyhow, I decided taht I didn't care how I beated him as long as I got to se the Light Side ending. So I just turned the invincibility cheat on and beat him.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday. Some interesting new stuff there. Also, have u noticed that sometimes a colored ball will appear at the pafge, and when clicking it u will get a question? If u choose the Light Side answer the frame of the page turns blue, while if u choose the Dark Side answer the frame turns red. And after u have colored the whole frame u get a picture of a Jedi/Sith and a title.

Morgoths_Wrath
The best way to beat Darth Malak is to destory all the Force-sucking machines w/ the Jedi in them, and run away from Malak while using Lightsaber-throw force technique. He'll never touch you, and you'll win.

celibi87
yeah i didnt get the lightside ending cause i had too many dark side powers lol but iw as pure light at the end

darthcraka
i beat the game both ways it was fun i love being dark better and of course my lightsider was a guy and my dark sider was a chick i wish it didn't distort her face so much

Morridini
That's exact opposite of how I played it. Male was evil and female was good. And the guy actualy suited having a distorted face. I actualy prefered playing Light Side, although the part at the Star Forge was a bit dull as Light Side.

Julie
I beat it over 14 times and tried to get all the quests done...I think I've heard the majority of the lines of dialogue

Lobo
Nice.

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/7831/Gonegold.jpg

Mist
i know this is SO far from ep3 related, but who cares.
i need to spread the love! ITS COMING OUT DEC 6th! OMG!

ok, move this thread now. i got a little excited.

jedijunky1138
WTF?

Delfedd
what about for computer? or is it the same day?

Torik_Shai
It'll be out on PC in February.

SomeGuy57
I havent even gotten the first one....yet. So how does it go within the level? I mean I know the outline but whats it like during the level?

Morridini
Already a big thread on this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t306665.html

Julie
It should be awesome...unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas to get the game...wahhhhhhh

Don't worry, the first time I played the original KOTOR I had never role played, you pick it up fast. It's really easy, just read the item descriptions and have a blast

Zachara
There were some big mistakes at the end of KOTOR though. I've done the game as often as not on darkside and lightside. The thing that bothered me at the end (this is gonig to be a spoiler, but well, it bothers me) is that if you let bastila go on the Star forge planet, you automactically go to lightside till the end of the game. It doesn't matter if you kill her later on the star forge.... she's still there at the ending and you can't be a sith lord, ur stuck as a republic hero.
so that should be changed.

Can't wait for KOTOR 2. I'm very glad that we can't go to tatooine in this one. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool planet.... we've just seen it over and over again for the last 30 years (star wars movies included) and it's time for a new leaf.

Delfedd
comes out tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boris
Gotta wait till feb!!! nay!!!!!! sad stick out tongue

.:Space Opera:.
so whats the best part of the game? any new features...?

Morridini
If u want some info about the new stuff Space Opera, then look on page 6 in this thread, and look at my long post.

WindDancer
Reviews are coming out and they look fair. Don't let reviews discourage you from getting this game. Personally, I'm getting it after work. Can't wait to see happens after the Events of Darth Revan. Hopefully, Bastila makes a cameo. wink

Morridini
Bastilla???
The worst character ever in a game? I hated her so much when playing KOTOR. I really hope they don't put her in Sith Lords, that would ruin the game.

Boris
Agree, she is annoying when you want to be bad and we all wanna be bad stick out tongue

forumcrew
9.3 from IGN and a 8.5 from Gamespot

Samurai Guy
I loved the first one, and the second one from what I have seen looks fantacular.

I wait with angst.

Xanatos
The second ones great here are some things Ive noticed that make the game better

Its alot easier to get light side points thoughs of you who are like me are know what I mean. In KOTOR 1 I would all this stuff and never got any. This game the chances are equal.

Another is the crates buckets, and remains all tell you when here empty.

thoughs are little thing that make me happy over all it is a big improvement on a great game. Like more force powers moves weapons. The questions your asked in the beginning make me wonder how many different versions there are

Morridini
What are the questions, if u don't mind writing them here?

Samurai Guy
...Spoiler...

Please post it in Spoiler form. I want nothing about this game ruined for me.

WindDancer
No way! Worst character in the game was Carth. He whines about his wife and has a punk sith as a son. Then when Revan turns evil he runs like a sissy! stick out tongue

Anyways, I got it yesterday and impressions are basically the same. Not much has been change just a few additions. You can use Battle Meditation is not restricted to dark side or light side. I've played about an hour and finish the first mission with T3 M4. Currently I'm exploring the mining facility with the help of the old hag Jedi.

Samurai Guy
Stick it to him! Stupid Carth.

Linkalicious
So what's the basis for the characters?

Are they all new or are they the same characters from the 1st game?

Morgoths_Wrath
I heard rumors that Carth will be back *boo, hiss*, since his homeworld is in the game, that comes as no surprise. All the other characters are new I believe. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!!!!!!!!smile

Xanatos
wheres that confused

WindDancer
Here are some spoilers:

After T3 M4 revives my character with the med pac and fixing the damage Ebon Hawk. The ship turns to a local mining facility where the character is awaken from a kolto tank. There is a mystery as to why the character did not die with the rest of the crew. I've open the doors of the medical area and found the old hag jedi.

It seems she knows quite a lot about the past of the main character.

As for the connection between KOTOR I and II here are some rather strange conversations with other charactes:

After fighting the droids I head to the prisoners cell and start a conversation with the guy. Durig the conversation he mentions Darth Revan and Malaks battle. But the strangest thing of all is that the prisoner says that Darth Revan is FEMALE!!! What's going on here? I told him the Darth Revan was a guy. Then he gets confused....and so am I!!!

Stay tuned....

Morridini
Well, Darth Revan can be both male or female. Looks like they decided the she was a female at last.

WindDancer
That's what the guy said. But then again....the main character corrected him by saying that Darth Revan was a male? That's the mystery so far. Can't wait till I put more hours of game time. Stay tuned....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>