Powerful with the Force...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Personally I think Darth Sidious/Palpatine was the most powerful with the force, but i think that Yoda was the most knowledgeable of it.

Julie
whoa...we're all over the map here....poor kotor characters.....but hey Bastila's only a padawan

SnakeEyes
i voted for Vader

Master Kadub
I think that Anakin/Vader has proven his superiority in the force....
he was as powerful as any Jedi in the galaxy as a Padawan, and he was as knowledgeble in the force as anybody in the galaxy by the time he faces Luke in ESB.......

Palpatine wouldnt stand a chance against Vader alone, nor would Yoda for that matter....
Possible a fully train Luke would stand a chance.....

Morgoths_Wrath
But Luke defeated Vader in ROTJ, and Palpatine was about to defeat Luke! If it had not been for Vader Palpatine would have killed him, and i think that makes Palpatine more powerful.

Master Kadub
MW,

Keep in mind Luke doesnt really square off again Palpatine....he throws down his lightsaber and does not confront Palpatine.....
Vader I think was caught off guard by Lukes rage....
True, Luke is very powerful....but I still believe Anakin would've destroyed Luke had he not been simpathetic towards Luke....

Palpatine would've never been able to defeat Luke if Luke would've fought him....

Morgoths_Wrath

Master Kadub
MW,

True....i believe Luke would've benefited by staying with Yoda a little longer before confronting Vader....but both Ben and Yoda felt he was ready and probably forsaw Anakin stepping in.....

(although i dont know if GL knew which directioin he would go with lightning powers by ROTJ....just as he didnt know how he would expand on the powers of the lightsaber in ANH.....Luke could have easily cut them out of the trash compactor in ANH with his saber)

Jedi Priestess
All about Vader!

jedi_master_lex
We know how powerful Anakin/Vader is....
and we know how powerful Yoda is (to some extent)...
and we know how powerful Luke is....
BUT we have never really seen Palpy fight except in ROTJ for a few seconds... right before Vader tosses him over the edge... so we really don't know how Palpy would stand up against the others in a one-on-one battle.

Go with what you know..... We all know that Anakin/Vader had more midiclorians than anyone... he didnt have as much training as Yoda, but he had a lot more training than Luke.
Yoda was training Jedi's for 800 years... so he knew a lot about the Force... he might not have been as powerful as Vader... but he was a lot more knowledgable than Vader... and could probably defeat him simply with his knowledge of the Force.

So... i would say the battle is really between Vader and Yoda.
The winner of that battle is the most powerful Jedi.

Darth_Nefarus
I've always thought that due to the absence of the light side during the OT era, Luke became the most powerful force user ever. When Obi-Wan and Yoda died, their very essence, and power of the force went with Luke. Sure Luke wasn't powerful enough to defeat the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. But he was smart enough to trust that the force would save him, and it did when Anakin returned and through palpatine down the shaft like a cheap hooker. I mean all of the light side of the force was inside Luke at that time, and for the rest of his life. It's no question he was the most powerful.
Not to mention the fact that Obi-Wan told him that the force exists and then like three days later he used it to blow up the death star. Then he meets a little frog guy and spends like 2 weeks learning about the force and takes on Darth Vader, the most incredible display of evil the galaxy has ever known. The scene where he is standing above fallen, and handless Vader, he abandons his rage and uses the force. Not only is he the smartest, most powerful, but my favorite character. He did more with the force in such little time than his own father, who was the chosen one!
Go Luke.

Thirst
none of those people...i cant believe Kyp Durron's not on there. He's more powerful than Luke Skywalker or any other Jedi alive now...

Morgoths_Wrath
I'm not familiar with Kyp Durron...

Darth_Nefarus
No one can handle Luke! Kyp Durron? Are you serious? Luke Skywalker is genetically related to the force itself, now honestly, can Kyp top that?
Nope.

Thirst
holy shit, Kyp Durron has more raw power than Luke Skywalker. Its clearly stated in the books that Kyp Durron, if he ever reached the point of true mastery of the Force, would be able to defeat Luke Skywalker anyday. Look what he did to Luke as an apprentice, that's not even with him mastering the Force yet. He put Luke into a Force-induced coma, which Luke couldnt break out of.

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, first off, Kyp Durron isn't in a STAR WARS Movie, therfore, he is not real.

Darth_Nefarus
Secondly, he is not related to the force, as I reiterated, so he is insignificant.

Thirst
ok, just because he wasnt in the Star Wars movie means he isnt real? what type of stupid ass reasoning is that?

now lets see here....oh what do you know. Exar Kun wasnt in the movie either! And he was the greatest Sith Lord there ever was!

and just because Luke is related to the Force doesnt mean jack shit. "so he is insignificant"? What are you, 12? You dont have to be related to the Force to be powerful. Yoda clearly proved this right, as did Mace Windu.

so once again, Kyp Durron could beat Luke Skywalker anyday if he became a true master.

Morgoths_Wrath
Who is Kyp Durron? When did he live? What makes him so powerful??

Thirst
Kyp Durron is in the current Star Wars universe, and he was born as a slave on Kessel. Han Solo and Chewbacca rescued him and brought him to the Jedi Academy Luke established. While there he uncovered the ancient spirit of Exar Kun, who used Kyp's tremendous power to overcome Luke and put him in a Force-enduced coma. After that Kyp took the Sun Crusher to wipe out the Imperial Academy of Carida and other star systems while chasing Admiral Daala. He finally reverted to the "light" side of the Force when Exar Kun's spirit was destroyed by the other Jedi apprentices at Yavin 4.

SnakeEyes
i agree with Thirst, Kyp should be on the list.

as for you, Darth Nefarus.................... ur a dumbass

Morgoths_Wrath
Okay, made a new poll...just goto this link

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307607

MadHeretic
holy shit, Kyp Durron has more raw power than Luke Skywalker. Its clearly stated in the books that Kyp Durron, if he ever reached the point of true mastery of the Force, would be able to defeat Luke Skywalker anyday. Look what he did to Luke as an apprentice, that's not even with him mastering the Force yet. He put Luke into a Force-induced coma, which Luke couldnt break out of.

This is a COMPLETE LIE!
NOWHERE in ANY book does it say ANYTHING like that - NOWHERE - except one book where an arrogant and cocky Kyp "thinks" he is more powerful than Luke. The author of that book himself (Aaron Allston) explained in an interview (official, starwars.com) that it was only Kyp's arrogant thoughts, and that Luke was indeed the most powerful of the Jedi (databank).

Kyp taking down Luke...He didn't!!! It took both Kyp and a 4000 year old Sith Lord to take down Luke...Kyp needed the power of Exar Kun both to take down Luke and to raise the Suncrusher.

Kyp faught against the slayers (most powerful Vong warriros), was no match for them, got defeated and captured. For Luke on the other hand, they were a piece of cake and he even saved Jacen and Jaina countless times during that fight, because they were struggling hard againt them (just like Kyp).

It is not without reason that Luke is explained as the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. Check the updated poll thread for more info.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.