Galactus vs The Destroyer Armor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
The Asgardian Destroyer armor as seen in Thor #300 with all the souls of asgard (except thor) and with the odin sword

vs

Galactus

Who wins?

Mane
Destroyer. it has unlimited strength, invulverability, and Galactus doesnt unless hes sucking on planets.

Krissy Von Doom
I'm not sure how much unlimited strength and invulnerability counts against a cosmic being. Didn't the Destroyer get stomped by a Celestial?

Maelstrom
Galactus must be "genetically" bonded with the Universe. His death signifies the end of the entire Universe. In essesence his hunger problem is that he is a conduit to the Universe. He is feeding it through himself. That's why he is always hungery. Unfortunatly the result must be the end of the Universe instead of the emergence of the real Universe but that's the cookie they live with. Eventually the food will run out and Galactus will have to consume himself to feed it. Then it will starve after his death. No one will be able to stand its absence no matter what Universe they are in. It will drive the Asgardians insane untill it is destroyed then without it they will go totally insane with no option left to them at all. That is why Thou shall not kill. angel

Beyonder
Mane
Mane

Destroyer. it has unlimited strength, invulverability, and Galactus doesnt unless hes sucking on planets.

Oh please. Destroyer's powers depend on who and the amount of people inside it. It's not unlimited. Galactus is above skyfather. The Destroyer might be powerful, giving G a good fight, but Galactus wins in the end.

trolly_crouchjr
Eh?

thtadthtshldntb
Did anyone read the OP?

That is not just the destroyer armor with all the godessence and magic of the Asgardians except for Thor.... Remember you have Odin with all his power in it.

Odin by himself takes a solid majority against Galactus.... Odin with this power up owns him.

Grimm22
Galactus >x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Odin no expression

Odin > Destroyer

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Grimm22
Galactus >x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Odin no expression

Odin > Destroyer
Galactus >>>> Odin. But thousands of times, no way.

A "normal" Galactus is above Odin, but not THAT much.

manorastroman
average showing galactus, destroyer takes this easily. for one, the odinsword is a hugely powerful magical artifact. for two, the destroyer is actually greater than odin. that's why it's always imprisoned, because it's made of something more durable than uru, and the disintegration beams can actually destroy uru... for three, this is odin plus all of asgard, which includes some other very powerful beings like baldur and loki. so anyway, destroyer 9/10.

the Darkone
Galactus will turned destroyer armor into slag like the Celestails did, Galactus will obliterate the armor. Galactus will stomp a mud hole in Odin ass, Galactus has powers that will Odin sh** in his pants.

Galactus 10/10

bigbran
Originally posted by manorastroman
average showing galactus, destroyer takes this easily. for one, the odinsword is a hugely powerful magical artifact. for two, the destroyer is actually greater than odin. that's why it's always imprisoned, because it's made of something more durable than uru, and the disintegration beams can actually destroy uru... for three, this is odin plus all of asgard, which includes some other very powerful beings like baldur and loki. so anyway, destroyer 9/10. Wait. Didn't the Destroyer with all the powers of Asgard get tore apart by Celestials?

manorastroman
celestials>>>>galactus.

Priest
ialways wanted to know if that version of the destoyer can take on one celestial, since it got desimated by a host.
anywayz im leaning toward a average galactus.

Priest
celestials>>>>galactus.
A host of celestials maybe. one celestial galactus>>>>>>celestial.

manorastroman
nope. celestials have never had a bad showing. galactus has had...how many?

look...there's not really any arguing it here. if you disregard all this galactus equaling eternity crap the celestials have been consistently portrayed as much more powerful.

like when odin failed to even have a celesial NOTICE him?

Priest
nope.
yep

Omega-level
Originally posted by Priest
A host of celestials maybe. one celestial galactus>>>>>>celestial.

Yep, that's right.

Anyway, Big G 10/10.

manorastroman
Originally posted by Omega-level
Yep, that's right.

Anyway, Big G 10/10.

no

it's really not. celestials scare the crap out of evolved cube beings. celestials have anti-bodies nearly at thor level. the same thor who took it to big g.

and before anyone brings up the instance when thor breached a celestial dome, it was revealed the celestials ALLOWED that whole series of events. g certainly didn't "allow" thor to godblast his ass.

celestial>galactus.

Priest

look...there's not really any arguing it here. if you disregard all this galactus equaling eternity crap the celestials have been consistently portrayed as much more powerful.

like when odin failed to even have a celesial NOTICE him?

sorry dident realize u edit u post.

Galactus jobs and he has wayy more showings in comics which is why it seems the celestials> galactus.
Celestials have bad showis as well, (Sue richards Destroying Exitar, and Thor blowing a hole in exitar's head.)

What has the celestials has done to be greater than Galactus? Absoutley nothing!
Galactus has more importants to the universe, the celestials are important aw well, but if galactus dies the universe is doomed, wich is why we can assume that a celestial is weaker than galactus.
Eternity Death and Galactus balence out the universe.

Priest
no

it's really not. celestials scare the crap out of evolved cube beings. celestials have anti-bodies nearly at thor level. the same thor who took it to big g.
thats impressive, but Galactus can empower hearldlevel beings.

and before anyone brings up the instance when thor breached a celestial dome, it was revealed the celestials ALLOWED that whole series of events. g certainly didn't "allow" thor to godblast his ass.

celestial>galactus.

Big G was weakend

manorastroman
that's what i mean. you have to ignore the "galactus=eternity" myth. yes, galactus is essential to the universe. yes, he is figuratively related to eternity. no, that doesn't mean he wins in a fight against the celestials (or a celestial for that matter). all that rhetoric is about PURPOSE not POWER.

the sue thing wasn't just a bad showing, it made no sense at all...all of a sudden sue's power comes from hyperspace...and all of a sudden, the celestials are allergic? what? that comic was so f'ing dumb. and i already mentioned the celestial dome thing. in the very next issue (or maybe even the end of the same) thor realizes they allowed him to do what he did so he could learn something. i forget what, but read the issue. the celestials definitely allowed those events to take place.

galactus empowering herald level beings is not as impressive has having herald level beings as your white blood cells.

Booyah
This would be so easy it's Funny laughing
Galactus 100678969876789675/10

manorastroman
sigh. forget the celestials conversation. average showing galactus loses.

odin+asgard+odinsword+the destroyer armor is unbelievably powerful.

odin alone has been considered to give average galactus a fair fight. this is basically like three odin's in an invulnerable shell.

darthgoober
Hasn't there already been a Galactus/Celestial conflict of some kind? I thought I heard something about that(but I may be mistaken).

Priest
would Eternity talk to a celestial like this?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7233/silversurfer198801011rf1.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/751/silversurfer19880101213vz1.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3002/silversurfer198801014xb7.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1998/silversurfer198801017zu9.jpg
the same eternity that created the celstials
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4267/silversurfer198801015yl1.jpg

Bran provided tha scans in his galactus repect thread

manorastroman
it was a non-canon AU, and a different galactus. instead of galan it was franklin richards.

manorastroman
would Eternity talk to a celestial like this?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7233/silversurfer198801011rf1.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/751/silversurfer19880101213vz1.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3002/silversurfer198801014xb7.jpg

for one, absolutely. celestials are certianly high enough on the cosmic ladder to have eternity speak to them with respect. for two, those scans are totally meaningless and have nothing to do with g's POWER, only his PURPOSE.

darthgoober
for one, absolutely. celestials are certianly high enough on the cosmic ladder to have eternity speak to them with respect. for two, those scans are totally meaningless and have nothing to do with g's POWER, only his PURPOSE.
Celestials are the dreams of Eternity. I doubt they command any respect from him.

Howard_Jones
Destroyer gets destroyed.

Priest

So wat are we supposed to go by wen comparing the Celestials with Galactus?
There isent any evendence that a celestial is stonger than Galactus.

bigbran
Ok, so the only real thing that anyone has pulled out for the Celestials is Thor cheapshotting Galactus twice.

Does destroying countless galaxies count?
Does stalemating Agamotto count?
Didn't he already destroy the Dreaming Celestial in a canon book anyway?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by bigbran
Ok, so the only real thing that anyone has pulled out for the Celestials is Thor cheapshotting Galactus twice.

That he did. Besides, aren't people forgetting that Asgard fears Galactus. sad

Swear to god that he gets no respect.

Priest
Originally posted by bigbran

bran, u have scans of him defeating the dreaming Celestial? i always wanted to see that.

Stupid Rookie
bran, u have scans of him defeating the dreaming Celestial? i always wanted to see that.

I have also not seen that one and would love to see it.

Madvillain
The same Asgard-Powered Destroyer that could barely pose a threat to a Celestial? And Galactus is about on par with the Celestials.

Galactus 9/10

darthgoober
What issue is it from(I might have it).

bigbran
I don't know if this is it (or even canon), but he wipes out a couple of them.
Originally posted by Mr Master
Ok

With his tech:

Galactus aims at a Celestial
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5571/celestialvsg6tr8.th.jpg

Galactus blows a Celestial in two
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1634/celestialvsg7va6.th.jpg

Galactus is brought down by the Celestials
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/582/celestialvsg10hk7.th.jpg

Galactus rises again
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4051/celestialvsg11xl4.th.jpg

Now WITHOUT Tech:

Galactus splits TWO more Celestials in half
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1492/celestialvsg12ch7.th.jpg

The Celestials running for their lives
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4691/celestialvsg13pu7.th.jpg
I might need the issue number too!

thedude1948
Celestials above Galactus?? laughing Hilarious.

bigbran
Beside actually beating a Celestial.

Galactus stalemated In-Betweener, who in a issue earlier, Death admitted that he could beat her.
He has also beaten her. (Betweener)
Can Celestials beat Death?

manorastroman
that's not canon, that's franklin richards as galactus in earth x.

if the inbetweener can "beat" death (which sounds incredibly stupid in the first place), than yes, i believe that a celestial could.

all of earth's pantheons combined fought a host and failed to damage a single one.

now it's my turn: do you think that galactus wouldn't be totally annihilated by every earth pantheon? keep in mind, that's around six skyfathers, as well as about six thor levels and all the odd seth/hades/poseidon near skyfathers.

darthgoober
that's not canon, that's franklin richards as galactus in earth x.

if the inbetweener can "beat" death (which sounds incredibly stupid in the first place), than yes, i believe that a celestial could.

all of earth's pantheons combined fought a host and failed to damage a single one.

now it's my turn: do you think that galactus wouldn't be totally annihilated by every earth pantheon? keep in mind, that's around six skyfathers, as well as about six thor levels and all the odd seth/hades/poseidon near skyfathers.
All those beings probably could beat a single Galactus. But if there were as many Galactus's present as there were Celestials, that would be a different story.

manorastroman
regardless, they failed to damage a single celestial. i realize that there were (i thnk) eight celestials, but the pantheon's were unable to damage a single one.

do you think if there were eight galactus', team galactus wouldn't have any casualties? hell nah, the skyfathers would have blown apart at least three of 'em.

thedude1948
Can Galactus beat the Invisible Woman? probably
Can a Celestial?.....

manorastroman
referencing universally recognized PISHIT not the way to gain credibility. she blew a hole in exitar because celestials are allergic to hyperspace? what?

have you actually read that issue? it's totally unbelievably stupid.

leonidas
sue storm has driven off a celestial . . . whistle

galactus is more than CAPABLE of winning this fight. depends entirely on the level. he'd need to be very highly powered imo to do it. we've seen thor give g some hassles, we've seen thanos do some minimal damage and we know odin is well above thanos in overall power. that armor was WAYYY AMPED. the armor had a portion of power from EVERY skyfather and was laced with the life force of ALL asgard + the odinsword which ranked well above mjollnir in power.

based on a comparison of feats average g would beat odin, but it would be close imo (back in the day odin and g were considered near equals . . .) now consider the armor had power from EVERY skyfather (zeus, vishnu, etc . . .) + all the other power and all of it magic which g doesn't necessarily enjoy going up against though he's done pretty well in the past.

also, g once said that uatu was close to him in power -- exitar killed the LEADER of the watchers with a single blast.

based on in-books feats, i'd say celestials rank above g though again he is capable of beating them. the scans from above are earth x, correct? non-canon?

anyway, this is a VERY close fight imo and depends entirely upon what level we say g is at. average g loses imo.

manorastroman
Originally posted by leonidas
sue storm has driven off a celestial . . . whistle

galactus is more than CAPABLE of winning this fight. depends entirely on the level. he'd need to be very highly powered imo to do it. we've seen thor give g some hassles, we've seen thanos do some minimal damage and we know odin is well above thanos in overall power. that armor was WAYYY AMPED. the armor had a portion of power from EVERY skyfather and was laced with the life force of ALL asgard + the odinsword which ranked well above mjollnir in power.

based on a comparison of feats average g would beat odin, but it would be close imo (back in the day odin and g were considered near equals . . .) now consider the armor had power from EVERY skyfather (zeus, vishnu, etc . . .) + all the other power and all of it magic which g doesn't necessarily enjoy going up against though he's done pretty well in the past.

also, g once said that uatu was close to him in power -- exitar killed the LEADER of the watchers with a single blast.

based on in-books feats, i'd say celestials rank above g though again he is capable of beating them. the scans from above are earth x, correct? non-canon?

anyway, this is a VERY close fight imo and depends entirely upon what level we say g is at. average g loses imo.

yes thumbsup yes

the Darkone
Destroyer is no match against one of the most powerful beins in the universe, Galactus will estract the host out of Destroyer and but the armor in ship as salt shaker. Galactus 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.