Magneto vs Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jugganaut2000
Who would win?

Mane
Cable. Cable's telepathy (without techno virus) can pierce Magneto's helmet cant it?

ThePunisher3000
Well u know cables left arm is robotic does that mean magneto can control it?

Arachnoidfreak
Magneto. Magneto is resistant to telepathy(even Xavier has a damn hard time getting into Erik's head), and Cable has a metal arm...Magneto would rip it off and beat him with it.

Mane
Phoenix pierced Magneto AND Galactus's helmet and fcked them up pretty bad. so Magneto isnt TOTALLY resistent to telepathy.

ragesRemorse
two of some of the most powerfull mutants. It could go iegther way.Cable's telepathy wouldnt be useless against magnus, but it also owuldnt be the winning attribute.

Nathaniel Grey
Magneto. Magneto is resistant to telepathy(even Xavier has a damn hard time getting into Erik's head), and Cable has a metal arm...Magneto would rip it off and beat him with it.

Magneto isn't resistant to telepathy, his helmet was made in such a way that it blocks him from lower levels of telepathy. Btw, Which Cable? The current one who's got all nearly God-like powers? Or the older Cable which fought Magneto and was ripped to pieces in X-Force #25 during Fatal attractions?

ska57
ahhhhh, ummm, ahh....hmmm....Mag--NO!, Cabl--NO!, yeah, Magneto....i guess....

Couldn't Magneto control the iron in Cable's blood and therefore do something to his body?? Or am I wrong???

ScarletSpider
If it's the current Cable vs. the current Mags, Cable would just wipe the floor with him.

Nathaniel Grey
I agree. The current Cable would most definately hold his own against Magneto.

ScarletSpider
He would dominate Magneto. Magneto is nowhere near his potential power. Check out Excalibur. For being the master of magnetism, he sure has been doing a good deal of nothing, and whining about being weak.

Arachnoidfreak
I thought that was the case too(Magneto's helmet), but then some people...including Never...corrected me a couple of times on it. He is resistant to low level telepaths naturally, and the helmet protects him from relatively high level telepaths(Xavier can barely touch him with his helmet on), if I recall correctly.

Well first off, I never said totally resistent, and second, Phoenix is a damn COSMIC being. Not much can stand up to Phoenix when she wants something done.

Krissy Von Doom
If Magneto caught sight of Cable, knowing only one of them would walk away, the fight would be over in 2 seconds with Mags causing chaos with Cable's blood and mechanical parts thus ending the fight.

If Cable wanted to take out Magneto, he doesn't have to see him. He could turn him into a vegetable half a world away.

norrin radd

Maelstrom
Magneto is a mental in my book. He's the top in his class but it is ranked seconed to telepathy. His helmet if i remember right amplifies his natural power. Now Juggernauts helmet, that is something that acts as the helmet you are speaking of on Magneto.
Cable would probley be able to do nothing more than wisper reason to Magneto with his telepathy. Thus it would be a showdown between telekenitics and Magnitisim.
If Cable can't be harmed in his current state, then the only way to defete him is with speed. Magneto would have to lock Cable in a magnetic shield like the invisible women did to Phoenix in F.F. when she reemerged from the coocon to begin X-factor. That is if his shield can contain telekenetics.
Then he would have to use himself as an anchor to the planet with all his power amplified by all the earths and connect the Cable slingshot to the earth. That would effectively trap Cable permently. Then to be rid of him Eric would have to find a way for his magnitisim to rip a hole in hyperspace and release the slingshot so it disperses harmlessly.
That might work.

Nathaniel Grey
I'd easily give Magneto the battle were he battling the gun toting Cable from nearly a decade ago. Unfortunately were he to take on the current incarnation of the man called CABLE he would have his work cut out for him. Magneto is no push over by any means but him battling a psionic of Cable's current scale is a bit absurd. I mean think about it. Cable possesses abilities that are nearly god-like. He's a telepath and telekinetic that rivals and surpasses the abilities of the cosmic entity the " Phoenix " and that is by no means any small feat. Yes, Magneto displays a degree of tolerance against telepathy BUT that didn't stop Charles from raping his mind during Fatal Attractions ( And Charles was his friend -- Cable could do much worse and would have no regrets. ) and if HE can do that I'm quite sure that it'd be less of a problem for Cable to enter Magneto's head and rip him a new one without much effort. I like Magneto and think he's a badass to the nth degree but he's going to have to bow out to the Askani'son. wink

Swanky-Tuna
Is the helmet itself resistant to telekenisis? Heh, that sounds kind of weird.

norrin radd

FrothByte
even if magneto was resistant to telepathy, and even if he could control the iron in cable's blood, current cable's telekinesis is powerful enough to blow up all magneto's heart if he so chooses... cable's telekinesis is just like magneto's magnetism... except that you don't just control metal. the current version of cable dessimates any version of magneto.

norrin radd

Nathaniel Grey
Metal in his blood? I doubt Magneto would need to use the " metal in his blood " seeing as how that HALF of his body is MADE of metal. In Fatal ATTRACTIONS #25 he merely blinked and ripped Nathan in half. But -- since he does have greater powers now I doubt that could happen. Nathan is an expert at holding his body together. His telekinesis is UNMATCHED. I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort to stablize his own body before Magneto had the chance to pull him apart. And by then Cable's telepathy would either A. Kill Magneto instantly. Or B. Shut off the section of his brain which allows him to execute his magnetic abilities. ( Yes. He can do that gentlemen. )

Magneto on the other hand could rely on other stand points rather than the easily traveled road that MOST take. For one Magneto controls gravity. I mean if the man can control the Magnetic Polarities of the entire PLANET I'm sure he could enforce great weight upon Cable making him immobile. A lot of GOOD that would do but -- it's a possibility. And I'm not sure if Magneto is very telepathic. He's always displayed some resistance but again not much. But if he could short out Cable's mind with a few eletrical shocks. He might win. Electricity and Magnetics are very close.

Nathaniel Grey
That was X-Force #25, btw. embarrasment

norrin radd
interesting points nathaniel, about magneto mental abilities i think he only can create mental barriers to protect him and read minds. he could never beat cable trough telephaty

Arachnoidfreak
Really, this is the only good matchup I can think of for Cable. He would easily tear apart anyone else, but Magneto is not only one of, if not the most powerful mutant, but also extremely intellegent, and greatly experienced. Cable is in for a really tough battle here.

FrothByte
oh ok. i stand corrected then. haven't been keeping up much with magneto lately.

ragesRemorse
geek dude, dont ever bring that encyclopedia bullshit to a comic debate ever again. i mean EVER. mad

norrin radd
i know that now that sit is not updated, but it was one of the best.

Nathaniel Grey
We are talking about the God-Like Cable, right? Not the Cable from like a decade ago who shot first and took names later? Just trying to clear things up.

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
I just read Cable/Deadpool #7, and metal arm or not, Magneto will have to fight his hardest just to stay alive. Cable is practically a god now. It's ridiculous. His displays of power are ****in awesome though.

crazyspinz
im not to farmilliar with this god like cable, a list of powers would be nice, but if its the old one, could mags just make cable slap himself silly with his metal arm, haha i can see it now "stop hitting yerself, stop it"

Tron
Against the old Cable would be a complete mismatch. Cable now is a lot like Nate Grey, more or less from what I know, with I think a lot more control over his powers.

crazyspinz
ok

HarmonicFlo88
i like nate grey more tho, cables just an old man. how r they gon make GRAMPS so damn powerfull? HA but since he is...he'll definitely own mags

Arachnoidfreak
Well, you asked for it. This is only from Cable/Deadpool #7.

-Turned the entire population's skin pink, and changed it back
-Took chunks of debris and made a floating sanctuary, which he keeps alfoat with constant telekinesis
-Took 4 days to reroute waterways, flooding half of the Sahara Desert
-2 hours a day soothing the pain of every person on the planet who is dying of any disease(he goes on to say "well, two hours when that's my only focus, im doing it right now too"wink
-Stopping the white blood count deterioration of every AIDS patient in Africa
-Stopping a daily average of 14 individual acts of terrorism, 1100 attempted murders, and 7000 car accidents
-Disarmed two warring armies, made a sculpture of two hands shaking out of the weapons
-Eavsdropped on the conversation of a SHEILD agent from across the planet, WHILE disarming the countries.

and he will probably do more in the next issue. He's practically a god.

wrathofachilles
Oh please, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Suddently this once second-rate hero is godlike and can stop disease, famine, and war? Give me a break. Which writer thought this up? Seriously, I really would like to know. That's worse than any other change I've ever read.

norrin radd

HarmonicFlo88
fabian nicieza writes it. and im only happy wit it because his powers are close to Nate Grey's...its second to resurrecting him in tha Marvel Universe.

so if its tha current cable, mags is toast until they make changes to him too, lol. if anyone asks why, refer to arachnoid's list.

Arachnoidfreak
Have you even tried reading the series? Pick up the Cable/Deadpool Paperback when it comes out. He isn't being held back by the Techno-Organic virus anymore, so all of the energy that he used to keep the virus from killing him, is now being used freely. Which is alot of power. This was even mentioned when they explained Cable's background back in the older X-Men issues.

crazyspinz
ya cable owns all now

HarmonicFlo88
yea, which is why i made a thread pitting him against silver surfer...but ppl there think cable would lose.

FrothByte
damn, magneto is toast.

TheKahn
One more bumb for tonight

Acrosurge
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
yea, which is why i made a thread pitting him against silver surfer...but ppl there think cable would lose. Newsflash fans: Not only did Surfer defeat god-Cable in Cable's own book, but Cable no longer has godlike levels of telekinesis or telepathy. They've been gone for over a year!

As for full power Magneto vs godlike Cable; it's a good match. I'm inclined to give Magneto a majority based on his experience and his feats from HOM.

Just for the record, Magneto's powers are not limited to controlling metal. He has control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum and related forces such as gravity. All that and he can in fact create barriers (without his helmet) against psionic attack.

2damnloud
bump

python99
Originally posted by ThePunisher3000
Well u know cables left arm is robotic does that mean magneto can control it?

arm, eye and leg I beleive are robotic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.