Iceman vs Subzero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
so... who would take this one? I'm going with sub-zero... his training with both his powers AND martial arts are far superior...

Nataku8188
Which Iceman? And which Sub Zero?

Kontraz
the current ones for each.

ragesRemorse
Iceman, i mean he cant be forzen and can basically fly. His freezing abilities are about 100 times greater than subzero's. the only thing Subzero has on Ice man is fighting abilities, but in a match like this i dont think that really counts for anything.

Kontraz
yeah, ice man can't be frozen, but it sure would be hard as hell to freeze sub zero (other than in the movie, which isn't even logical in the least...)

Mane
well, Iceman can build an ice tower and stand on it high in the air and Sub-Zero wouldnt be able to climb it. and then Iceman could freeze the blood in his veins.

Kontraz
freeze the blood in who's veins? Sub-zero's??? I'd like to know how....

Mane
ok ill tell you. Iceman just controls the water and moisture in SZ's blood and makes it stop!

Kontraz
no, i mean doesnt Ice man have to freeze things from his hands? Otherwise he is easily one of the (if not the) most powerful character in marvel history....

Nataku8188
Nope, he doesn't. Notice how he holds his hands out and things infront of him change. Besides, Subzero isnt at all immune to freezing, and the movie made a lot of sense. The water froze midflight, acting as a catalyst to transfer the freezing magic over to his body. Sha bam. Frozen SZ.

Kontraz
well... im basing this off of comic subzero (as this IS a comic forum) and i doubt he could have his own powers used against him like that, seeing as he is able to freeze the air around his body at any time he wishes, as well as unfreeze it (or other people).

Nataku8188
Notice, you say, 'around him' but not 'including him' :-p

Kontraz
well, i figure saying "including him" goes without saying as in his "current form" he keeps his lower arms frozen at all times (kind of like jax's, but ice instead of robotics)

DarkCrawler
Iceman would win.

Magee
Well in the deadly alliance he did have the Dragon Medallion i think it was called. And it amplifys his powers by like 10x. Although he sucked when u were playing him his freezing abilitys were much more advanced than they let u beleive. But if this is based on the comics, wich ive never read then i dont have a clue.

Game - I would say Sub-Zero coz of the medalion.
Comics - No idea.

Krissy Von Doom
How would Sub Zero's fighting ability going to help him when Iceman turns into a 30ft Ice Giant?

norrin radd
iceman wins hands down

Tek888
iceman, very easily!

magnuslives
don't argue, coz iceman owns u

Rewmac
Iceman is an Omega Level mutant. Sub-Zero has nothing against him.

Soljer
Originally posted by Rewmac

derrick666
Originally posted by Soljer

NiņoAraņa
i think you guys are sorta letting the fact that you don't KNOW anything about Sub-Zero (minus games) influence the win, does anyone actually read the comics?

jrodslam

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by jrodslam
Probably not. Im assuming you do, so can you inform us of the power of Zub-Zero? Or better yet, post some scans man.Happy Dance no, actually i don't that's why i chose not to say who i thought would win, i think Kontraz did, and i've seen a few scans from Sub-zero (not from him persay) that were pretty hardcore....

8urs
I'm with whoever talked about 30 foot iceman. He doesn't have to freeze him or even fight him hand to hand, just turn into a giant and rip Sub-Zero in half. Or eat him.

Grimm22

You mean besides Kung-Fu shifty

Howard_Jones
^ Bah. He only know Lung Mi Lo Qui

Iceman could suck the moisture right out of him.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
^ Bah. He only know Lung Mi Lo Qui

Iceman could suck the moisture right out of him.

Bah, Sub-Zero's super ninja aura protects him from Iceman's attacks stick out tongue

derrick666
http://www.mortalkombataustralia.com is where they have the MK comic's... The old ones anyways, although I don't think there's any new one's out. confused Happy Dance Happy Dance

xmarksthespot
What's Sub-Zero going to do? Freeze him? no expression

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What's Sub-Zero going to do? Freeze him? no expression

Punch him?

fdelapena
Okay, just to correct the bio of Sub-Zero. If anyone reads Sub-Zero's bio at all, Subby manipulating the sweat and bodily fluids from his body to deep freeze. That is how he can fire ice. Also, if anyone said that Sub Zero can't fly, watch Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. In that scene when he is introduced he created an ice trail similar to Iceman to travel in air.

As for the strength of his powers, he has the capabilities to fire colder blast than iceman. How do you think his ice shattering fatlities work. If ice gets cold enough, it can actually crack on its own, becuause the molecules are so compacted together that it cracks.

So for this battle I would go with Sub-Zero. Because he can fight, and he also has more tricks up his sleeves. "Come on his an Ice Ninja."

fdelapena
Freeze Him? Punch Him? I doubt it...if you refer to the Classic Sub-Zero. He would probably rip Iceman's spine.

iceman24567
Originally posted by fdelapena
Okay, just to correct the bio of Sub-Zero. If anyone reads Sub-Zero's bio at all, Subby manipulating the sweat and bodily fluids from his body to deep freeze. That is how he can fire ice. Also, if anyone said that Sub Zero can't fly, watch Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. In that scene when he is introduced he created an ice trail similar to Iceman to travel in air.

As for the strength of his powers, he has the capabilities to fire colder blast than iceman. How do you think his ice shattering fatlities work. If ice gets cold enough, it can actually crack on its own, becuause the molecules are so compacted together that it cracks.

So for this battle I would go with Sub-Zero. Because he can fight, and he also has more tricks up his sleeves. "Come on his an Ice Ninja." Iceman is basically immortal no way can Sub Zero beat him.

Kutulu
Freeze Him? Punch Him? I doubt it...if you refer to the Classic Sub-Zero. He would probably rip Iceman's spine.

Ripping Iceman's spine would do what exactly? You do know he's an omega class mutant right?

iceman24567
Freeze Him? Punch Him? I doubt it...if you refer to the Classic Sub-Zero. He would probably rip Iceman's spine. Noy happening in this fight.

Entity
What the hell is Sub-Zero going to do to Iceman?

All he has is fighting and freezing and neither of which do jack to Bobby!
He'd doesn't even require a physical body since he can simply turn to moisture and reform whatever is shattered.

Bobby could simply turn to ice and turn the entire battlefield to absolute zero.
Can Sub-Zero survive that? Because I'm not sure but I wouldn't think so while I know Bobby can.
Even if that doesn't work Bobby will when because there is literally NOTHING Sub-Zero can do to harm Bobby.

Terryc250
Lol iceman destroys subzero, iceman cant even die, nor does he need a body, if iceman loses his body he'll zap out the moisture inside Sub Zero's and lets see how well Sub Zero lives without a body. Iceman is an omega level mutant and can be a threat towards the whole entire planet if his powers unleashed out of control, freezing up the entire earth.

Iceman wins this and quite easily.

Entity
Yea Bobby is one of the greatest powers on Earth. He just doesn't have the self discipline to realize it fully. Nor really the desire.

But when people piss him off enough... Well you just better not do that! lol

Battlehammer
sub zero is a god. If not one new that.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Battlehammer
sub zero is a god. If not one new that.

(Omega mutant > a god) in this case. Iceman 10/10.

JackieCD
Sub zero all the way. Sub zero isn't afraid of death, he's died millions of times on multiple consoles.

Kutulu
Originally posted by JackieCD
Sub zero all the way. Sub zero isn't afraid of death, he's died millions of times on multiple consoles.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.