Boba Fett vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grave
Ok, lets look at each one's specs: Boba Fett is a renouned bounty hunter with state of the art technology and huntung skills trained since he was on his own as a child. He was cloned from the sole survivor of the mandeliorians - an army who almost conquered the galaxy. Venom is an alien with enhanced strength, speed, and all around power. He, however, has two powerful weaknesses. Flame, and high frrequencey sonic disruption. Fett has easy access to both. In the series, the only reason Venom can sneak up on Spiderman is because he eludes spider-sense, Fett, however, relies on technology to lacate and track his prey. Anyway, I think it's pretty one sided, but a close friend of mine insisted it was a fair battle. Opinions?

Evangel94
Boba Fett wins.

badsymbiote
Venom's camoflage mode would figure in big-time in this battle.
But, all he'd have to do is grab Boba's unprotected neck and throttle the life out of him. In fact, I can think of several ways to kill him--he's just a human bounty hunter--clever, sure-- ruthless and resourceful, absolutely.
Boba's good, but he's nowhere near enough to beat Venom.

DarkCrawler
You are right. Venom wins.

Tron
Yeah, I'd put my money on Venon, although I wouldn't be surprised if Boba pulled out a win.

who?-kid
Boba Fett, isn't that the overrated bounty hunter from the Star Wars universe ?

Now let's see, though I have seen all the Star Wars movies, I really can not recall one kick ass fight scene starring Boba Fett. The only thing he does, is walk around a bit while trying to look cool, and pursuing Han Solo.

And when he has to fight, he gets eaten alive by a desert monster.

Venom will bite his head off. No contest, really.

Evangel94
Na, Boba Fett wins this with relative ease

Grave
Wow, what a great argument, you're shown me the light. Oh wait, venom is that overrated anti-hero from the spider man univers who hasn't contributed anything to the series save an extra ass to kick, and controlled by a dumb reporter. I really don't think someone like that can get the drop on Boba Fett, one of most intellegent, and inginuative people in the star wars universe, who happens to be VERY good at what he does. Not only does he have the edge in brains, but Fett has access to Venom's major weaknesses - no contest, Venom goes down fast and hard. Oh, and if you wanna argue, back it up with more than "Venom will bite his head off"

who?-kid
Thanks, I'm here to show people the light.

Well, Spider-Man tears Boba Fett apart. I hope we're not going to argue about this. Venom is stronger and meaner than Spider-Man. You do the math...

"Thinking" is not exactly hard evidence. You mind backing your theories up with some facts please?

Yawn.

Listen, Venom is also very good at what he does, and at least Venom has fought lots and lots of dangerous heroes and villains ! In "Return of the Jedi", Boba Fett fights once (I think) and gets his ass kicked. Some tough guy...

Everybody has the edge in brains when talking about Venom. Even you wink.

Tron
True, they didn't show Boba do anything spectacular in the movies. You'd actually have to read some of the books and comics to really see what he's capable of. Although I've only read a few comics back in the day, I can tell you that Boba lives up to his reputation. And the pit he fell into; he blasted his way out of that, which is pretty damn impressive in my book.

Grave
Ok, all you did was attempt to shoot down what I said, you still haven't made any valid points. In fact, you backed me up: Venom is stronger and more powerful than Spider man, and yet Spiderman always wins. Why you ask? Brains and skills - not brute strength. You also contradicted yourself - "thinking isn't hard evidence" and yet you said "(i think)" way to sound like you know what you're talking about. Look, I've read all the comics and novels on Fett, and A LOT of comics with Venom. Your opinion is way too biased and you basing your argument off the 5 min. of screen time Fett as, get some facts and come back later.

Wynndar
yea if u know more of the story than the movie reveals...Fett survives the pitt of Sarcoon...his armor is also pretty resilient and he would not be so vulnerable to venom's attacks as u think...i think spiderman could get Fett...however, venom is more predictable and not as intelligent as Parker...Fett's bounty hunter approach would give him an advantage over Venom, along with his access to sonic and flame weapons...

who?-kid
Lol laughing

I'm sure you don't mind that I quote you: "Your opinion is way too biased". Now, this I find a very strange remark, coming from somebody who has a picture of Boba Fett below his name... laughing

Now, please back to the facts. What did BF do in the movies ? Nothing, nada, zip, squat. He's just a good fighter (I guess) and has a creepy voice, I'm sure he's good with guns and... hm, well, that's about it.

Venom, on the other hand, has fought against Hulk, Spider-Man, Juggernaut, Carnage, Demogoblin, Iron Man, Shriek and I forget lots of others. Those are all people who can fart Boba Fett away.

Venom is an established character in the Spider-Man world, and has proved himself being an extremely dangerous enemy.

Now, Boba Fett has done nothing. Not one thing. Not in the movies at least. I know he showed up in the comics and the books (by "authors" such as Wagner and Mangels and Marz) but you can believe me that's just a quick cash in, trying to make money from a character nobody expected to become so popular. So they tried to make him harder and tougher and more dangerous than he actually was in the films.

Only suckers fall for those cheap tricks.

Fact is : Venom is waaaay stronger, faster, tougher and meaner than Boba Fett. And has a spider-sense. And a very strong web.
Fact is : Venom has confronted much much more dangerous enemies than Boba Fett.
Fact is : Venom isn't Einstein, but he can be quite cunning if he has too.
Fact is : BF isn't in the same league as Venom, doesn't matter how much you want it to be the other way.

And before you bore me with "Yeah, but in comic whatever and book whatever Boba Fett fought this guy and did this and that". Newsflash : not all Star Wars books and comics are considered canon. I'm not an expert, far from it, but even I know that some books aren't accepted by the Star Wars society/fans, not even by George Lucas himself (though he doesn't care, as long it makes money).

So let's stick to the facts on which everybody agrees : In "The Empire strikes back", Boba Fett does nothing (his name isn't even mentioned !), and in "The Return of the Jedi" he tries to fight and, oh well, you know the rest...

And still, some people say he's able to beat Venom. I thought I heard it all. You have much too learn, my young Padawan.

ska57
And won???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kontraz
i'm a big fan of both these chars, and i say it would definately be a close fight, but Fett ends up takin this one. First off, he has a flame thrower, which could cause some major damage to venom. His helm filters his air, so spores wont have any effect, plus his tracking in his helm could no doubt see through venom's camo. Venom does have a good strength advantage, but he has to get in close enough to USE his strength, and boba has so many different lazers, rockets, grenades, flamethrowers, etc, it would be a big alien fry...

Mane
this is a crap battle. Venom simply destroys Fett. those who think otherwise are stupid.

Kontraz
venom CANNOT stand up to a guy who is a master flamethrower... really... plus his armor is able to protect him from pretty much everything venom can throw at him in general

Evangel94
Agreed, plus he has tons of other advantages over Venom

badsymbiote
Ha! laughing One point to who?-kid...

I've seen Venom deal with sonics and fire more times than I care to count. What's more is, he's not afraid to face either one, or both at once, though he'd prefer not to.

Kontraz
Yes, and Boba Fett has taken on many lethal aliens and bio weapons.... i say it is even for the most part, with fett having a slight advantage.

Nataku8188
Venom's got more then a SLIGHT strength advantage. He can press up to 11 tons... im pretty sure he could kick bobba's ass around some. Problem is catching him. Bobba could just fly up in the air and blast him with good 'ole lazzzzeeeerrr pistols.

I prefer Venom, but he's gonna lose 5/7.

Thirst
Boba Fett, no contest. Boba Fett would just fly above Venom and take him out from afar. Or he would use his fletchette weapons (however you spell it) and riddle Vemon with 10 million needles. Or he could just use his flamethrower and barbecue Venom. Or just take his pistol and straight up shoot Venom in the head and blow his head off. Or he can be creative and his his grappling wire to wrap it around Venom's head and then drag him around until Venom breaks his neck or chokes to death.

Mane
well, have you so easily forgotten than Venom is resistent to bullets? so the "shooting him with 10 million needles" trick wont work. Venom could shoot his webbing and remove any weapon from Fett's hand. and wrap his grappling wire around Venom's neck? please. dont make me laugh. Venom could snap that little fishing line in no time. other than his flame thrower, Fett doesnt have many effective weapons against Venom.

Kontraz
how about ALL of his energy weapons??? All forms of energy give off heat... and symbiotes are vulnerable to heat. So, all he would have to do is shower him with lazer blasts. Oh, and most of fett's weapons are grafted directly into his suit (think "iron man"wink.

badsymbiote
Yes, Kontraz, darling, but a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link--Venom's tendrils can disarm someone from any direction or angle.
He would outlast Boba Fett.
If Boba threw EVERYTHING he had at Venom ALL AT ONCE, he might be able to injure him temporarily. That would be about the extent of his victory.
Is that something to celebrate?

Mane
mm mmm schmoll

Kontraz
well, i have two words: THERMAL DETENATOR

Mane
i have two words: TWO WORDS

Krissy Von Doom
How about Venom grabs a stick and hits Boba's jetpack, that worked before.

But seriously, when Jango was facing Mace, wouldn't he have thrown everything he had at him? However, as we saw, he only attacked with two pistols - and he, pretty much, has the same armour as Boba. No, Boba wouldn't throw everything he had at Venom because he doesn't fight that way - and how would he know about Venom's vulnerability to fire?

Venom is stronger, faster, meaner than Boba and is more effective than Boba close and mid-range. If Fett tried to stay far and shoot, Venom would close in quite fast and end the fight faster.

Kontraz
your comparing jango to boba??? Obviously you know nothing of star wars lore, lol. Jango was a joke compared to his son.

oh, and the mandalorian helmet detects natural weaknesses in all known substances... i'm guessing if this battle were to take place, knowledge of sybmiotes would exist, and hence boba would know the weakness.

and who says venom's faster? Quicker maybe.. but he probably couldnt outrun (or swing) a jetpack.

Grave
Okay, everyone keeps saying that all Boba does is walk around and fall in the movie. But you still don't know anything about his backround. He takes on DARTH ****ING VADER! Fett's weapons: Knee rockets, wrist mounted blaster and flame thrower, long range blaster, thermal detonaters just to name a few. Venom's arsenal: hands, sybiotic powers... uhhhh.... strength? Yeah, he's pretty outmatched. An when you take brains into consederation, you dig our poor alien friend in deeper. Also, you mentioned Venom taking on several famous comic book characters, how many did he actually beat praytell? Fett had taken on aliens, jedi, vehicles, and monsters. Not to mention he blasted his way out of a big ****ing worm. Venom's just another target to Fett, nothing spectacular.

Kontraz
dont forget to mention fett single handedly taking out one of the most fortified imperial garrisons in history.... in under 2 hours....

Asian Hulk
Do you think Venom can win?

Swanky-Tuna
Given Boba Fett's nature, it seems like he would of encountered creatures with many of the traits Venom has in one form or another and already have countermeasures prepared.

Edit: accidently left out a word

who?-kid
Venom : 50 times stronger than Boba, faster, meaner, (sometimes) cunning, has an extremely strong web, has a spider sense, has fought much more dangerous people than Boba Fett.

Boba Fett : euhm, well, he has guns and stuff and, eurhm, well, that's about it. Oh yeah, he has a cool helmet. stick out tongue

who?-kid
That's a bit far fetched, don't you think ?

Nataku8188
Not at all considering how many enemies hes faced. If venom fires his web, Boba can simply burn it away... Besides, being a bounty hunter I'm sure bobba has some type of sniper rifle.

Grave
Haha, it's funny cause you copied my format only turned the tables, VERY clever - that takes A LOT of brains, I wish I was that creative, no really. First off 50 times faster? Venom's quick, but he's not that fast - maybe you don't know how many 50 is, I don't know. Meaner? 50 times? You're talking about a guy who hunts people for a living in comparison to someone who's pissed at Spiderman cause he sucks at his job.Cunning, sure, for a rock. "His webs are like, really strong" Yeah, so are Boba Fett's weapons.

<edit> Oh, and for strength, Boba Fett can crushe rocks with his bare hands in the comics. Pretentd that's Eddie's skull... Badass...

DarkCrawler
And you think that Venom can't do that to Boba's skull? Happy Dance

Kontraz
Venom is definately stronger by a large margin, and is probably quicker, HOWEVER Boba has the advantage with his weaponry able to pretty much torch anything venom can throw at him (including himself). As for a "spider sense", Boba's helm acts as his spider-sense, so i say they are equal in reaction times. Boba however takes the cake in intelligence/cunning by far.

Grave
Not with his helmet, no. And the point I'm trying to make is that Fett's a lot stronger than the average human, so quick assumming that all Venom has to do is touch him, goddamn.

who?-kid
Tsss, you know, when discussing something on a forum, the first rule is : learn to read. Venom is about 50 times stronger than BF. Not 50 times meaner or faster. Read it again and you will see the light.

(The force is not too strong in this one.)

Grave
When you give one stable before a list, it's usually implied that it's also reffering to the next items in the set. Learn to type and maybe stuff like this won't happen, eh?

(I can see why he likes Venom, the mental resemblance is uncanny!)

who?-kid
Oh I see, so when I say "I have a blue house, a wife and kids" this implies that my wife and kids are also blue ?! You really take everything to the letter.

But still, thanks for the grammatical correction, oh wise one wink.

Btw, to be honest, I really respect Boba Fett. I'm sure he can give C-3PO and R2-D2 a hard time when he has to.

Evangel94
Brute Strength doesn't defeat intelligence, cunning, and resourcefulness.

who?-kid
Of course not. Never said that. But the fact remains that when Venom grabs Boba Fett, he tears him and his weapons apart. The very big difference in strength can not be ignored.

Oh yeah, "intelligence, cunning and resourcefulness" it's all a bit of the same thing (not exactly the same, but still...).

Evangel94
In an ideal situation maybe, but there are many other factors that need to be accounted for.

ska57
Does that automatically mean he is better than BF? Hey, how about BF has fought Galactus, Thanos, Silver Surfer, and Hulk.... does that make him stronger than he already is????

This is how the battle would go:
BF detects Venom and goes airborne. Venom hides behind a dumpster in the middle of an alley somewhere and shoots his spider-web at BF. BF torches it and spots Venom with heat/x-ray sensors and disintegrates Venom.

I love Venom, he's awesome (one of my favorite comic characters) but based on the facts in this case he is just out-classed.

who?-kid
It would make him more dead.

Venom hides behind a dumpster ??!!? You should write comics, because you have a vivid imagination.

Oh wait, don't write comics. Just don't write them big grin .

Facts ? What kind of facts confused1 ?

ska57
Facts? That BF has lasers, flamethrower, some sort of sonic emitter, jet-pack, is smarter than Venom, and has other technology at his disposel, and Venom has spider-sense, spider-web, & strength and his weaknesses are to sonics and fire. No contest.

You must have a vivid imagination if you think that Venom can even come close to defeating BF, I just said that he would hide there because I couldn't think of anything else, just what I thought of that second, but it doesn't matter, I don't think of myself as a writer and besides, BF would defeat him anywhere, anytime.

Kontraz
keep in mind that numbers and multipliers have an entirely different set of grammatical rules than normal adjectives.....

Krissy Von Doom
Venom's taken down Guardsmen (armour designed by Tony Stark) and those armours include sonic emitters, flamethrowers and various other energy based weapons - means very little, unless Boba is as fast and agile as Spiderman, he's not taking Venom dowm.

ska57
Okay, BF can just take him out with a single disintegrating-laser gun hit. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Swanky-Tuna
Not really. All the equipment listed for him makes it sound like that's the case. I wouldn't be surprised if his suit and equipment were non-stick because he's fought aliens with web or sticky tendrils or shot a sticky fluid or something.

Evangel94
Incorrect, the guardsman armor came only equiped with light powered palm repulsors and boot jets. They did not have sonic emiters or flame throwers or many various energy based weapons.

Venom could have only encountered the mass produced copies sold to the government to guard the "vault".

Grave
No, actually, but had you said "I have a blue house, wife, and kids" the way you explained Venom, you would infact assume the wife and kids were blue - as retarded as that example is. You continue to back me up with your Venom mentality.

Wynndar
hmm...i will try to stay objective...cuz there are a lot of bias statements being made...Venom is very tenacious, his symbiote gives him great healing capabilites, superhuman strength, speed. etc...however, like someone mentioned before, he is fueled by his desire for revenge against spidey...not too impresive...Fett is fueled by his one purpose in life of taking down "targets", which he has done for his entire life...i think from the mental aspect, Fett has a serious advantage, although Venom has him physically outclassed...i think a fair comparison would be Batman vs venom..batman would beat him with brains..Fett is like bats but more ruthless...has no conscious...like someone said, venom has taken on some big guys, lik jugs....not to say that he beat any of these really powerful types...Fett has stood his ground against Vader...a person who he had no offensive capabilites against...i would jus say it would be close...but i cant make up my mind who would be a definite win.

Krissy Von Doom
Yes, I made a slight generalisation there - the "Guardsmen" he faced had modified armours specially designed to take Venom down, each different from the other, I think they numbered five or six - hired by some guy to capture/kill Venom. Of course, since they couldn't take down Venom, they took Spidey instead.

who?-kid
I would.

who?-kid
No contest you say. Right... Allow me to quote some people who still have common sense and who don't seem to agree with you, how strange you might find it wink :

Think about it. If he was so cool, why didn't he stop himself from falling into the Sarlacc? Why didn't he toast Luke, Han et all in a heartbeat? He took about three years to aim his little wrist blaster at Luke, then got knocked into the Sarlacc in the most hilarious moment in the entire trilogy. And when he wrapped Luke in the cable, did he kill him then? No, he got knocked on his butt. If he was the badass he's been made out to be, he'd have fried all the main characters in the movie right there. All this, plus the fact that Vader would laugh at him in a fight, point to one inescapable conclusion: Boba Fett is overrated.

Writer: Very Well respected Vegeta

Yeah, I said it, and I stand by it! His daddy, Jango, is the REAL bounty hunter supreme! The man gets the job done, doesn't need Vader to do his carbon freezing for him, and despite the fact that he might not survive Ep II, STILL does more in one whole movie then Boba has in THREE so far!!!! Really, all Fett ever did was track a DAMAGED Falcon to Cloud City, then RUN AWAY when the princess and the wookie came after him. After all that, he got off, what, like one shot at Luke before he gets dumped in the Sarlacc. Not what I call a competent Bounty Hunter.

Writer : First Reality

Boba/Jango Fett is overrated. I'm going to say it...Boba was a punk in the first 3 movies and apparently, in the most recent installment, Jango proves that it runs in the family.

Lets go over it shall we? The heavily armed and armored Boba Fett falls victim to the blind Han Solo who inadvertently causes Boba's rocket pack to miss fire. Subsequently he's eaten by a large stationary sand creature!!?? I thought that was lame even when I was a kid.

Writer : 3874

I copied these posts only because I couldn't have said it any better. (And thanks to the person who has sent me these posts).

And still you claim that the overrated amateur Boba Fett, who gets his ass kicked by mere humans, has a chance against a physically superior killing machine such as Venom ?! All his weapons and armour will not save him.

Venom can dodge every attack (lasergun, sonic rifle) and can certainly kill BF once he gets close enough. If he gets close enough, BF has only 2 seconds to live. If that. And he will get close enough, or does Boba "Swiss Knife" Fett also have a teleportation device in his utility belt ?

Tron
Well, although I'm not decided on this fight, I would figure this would go by the Boba Fett in the comics, not the movies. After all, this IS a comic book versus forum right? Yeah, I know it was mostly marketing, but what isn't these days? I won't Venom would lose, but I won't say Boba would either. Like Evangel said, physical superiority isn't the most important factor in this fight, a big one no doubt, but not the most important.

Thirst
ok....Boba Fett is like 60-70 now in the Star Wars universe. He can still take on a whole army of an alien race called the Yuuzhong Vong. Yuuzhong Vong can kill Jedi. They're stronger than humans and they're way better protected than any other race due to their weapons, which are living snakes which can morph into swords or spears and armor that can resist a lightsaber cut. If Boba Fett can take on an entire boarding party of these guys, then he can certainly take on Venom. That's with Boba Fett at age 60-70 too.

Nataku8188
Your moto pisses me off.

Beyonder
Thirst

ok....Boba Fett is like 60-70 now in the Star Wars universe. He can still take on a whole army of an alien race called the Yuuzhong Vong. Yuuzhong Vong can kill Jedi. They're stronger than humans and they're way better protected than any other race due to their weapons, which are living snakes which can morph into swords or spears and armor that can resist a lightsaber cut. If Boba Fett can take on an entire boarding party of these guys, then he can certainly take on Venom. That's with Boba Fett at age 60-70 too.

How did he kill them? Truman ordered nukes dropped on Hiroshama, thus killing thousands of Japanese - but it doesn't mean he can take on thousands of Japanese in a physical fight.

---------------

Strength is a factor. Someone here even said something as stupid as Boba Fett wrapping chains around Venom's neck and choking him to death. WTF?!? Venom can lift 11 tons, Fett's arms would be ripped if he tried some shit like that! Strength matters. Ripping a telephone pole or hurling cars at Fett would put Fett down.

11 tons = 22,000 pounds. Fett cracks rocks means shit diddly. Just cause he can crack rocks - he's gonna crush V's skull. Juggernaut wacked the guy with a telephone and mashed his face into the ground with it - and Venom was still fine. And Juggy's Class 100. Venom's durable and able to heal from wounds. Fett gets a telephone pole to the face and he's screwed. His jet pack gets busted: HE'S SCREWED!

Brains are factors, but Spidey's strength, speedy, and spidersense were the factors in keeping him alive long enough to come up with something to beat Venom. Spidey can lift about 10 tons and his durability is high as well. If he weren't that strong offensively and defensively, Venom would kill him already. Fett's got brains, but his durability is low. He's fast but not as fast as Venom. He can't even heal himself like the symbiote does. His suit is shit durabilitywise.

Kontraz
he killed him the same way he took out the 2nd most heavily fortified imperial garrison to date... singe handledly with no more than a sawed off carbine and his suit...

and yes, venom is a lot stronger.... and fett is weaker to physical blows... BUT venom is more suseptable to MOST of Fett's attacks (flame thrower, sonic grenades, thermal detonators, pulse rifle, etc.). And Venom is not faster than fett... quicker maybe, but not faster.

and why do people keep bringing up the sarlaac? First of all, yeah, it sucked for Fett, but he lived... and is the only one to ever do so to date (star wars time, obviously)!

what of Venom's "mistakes"? He was run over by a subway, which ended up taking him out for the rest of that issue (dont remember which series, one of the multiple "vs carnage" types.

ska57
who?-kid> all of the people you quoted from and you yourself have been judging BF from the grand total of like 15 minutes of Star Wars screen time he has been on!!!! He survived and escaped Sarlacc!!!! If I didn't know who Venom was and appeared in like Spider-Man 4 and he got his butt kicked (because he was the bad guy) and judged him from that, that would be an unfair take at Venom wouldn't it?

who?-kid

Thirst
he took down that army using just his armor and his weapons. he faced them face-to-face. Didnt use a nuke =/

Kontraz
thats right, nothing but his weapons and whatever was at the facility that he "borrowed" WHILE killing the people.

and who-kid, you can EASILY say the exact same thing about Venom. Take Venom's first run... he was meant to be defeated at the end... game over, no continues. He wasn't meant to become the "lethal protector", he was meant to be a the exact opposite of spidey, but because of fan demand, they changed his character from a mindless killing machine to one who seeks out to help all others and to fight spidey (and team up with him) on the side.... that's a pretty big change as well. And, we can actually take "venom" a step BEYOND that. Back to the spidey suit. The suit was never MEANT to spawn another character... it was supposed to bring out parker's darker side and then eventually get destroyed. But wait! Good ol' todd had fun with the whole "dark spidey" deal and wanted to make an "evil spidey", but give the title to someone other than parker so the character wouldnt be destroyed in the process.....

so, yeah, fett has 2 major incarnations, one which led to a 2nd (and better) version.... venom has 3.... he started as a suit, nothing more... then they made him evil spidey.... wasnt meant to grow beyond that (just like fett in the movies), then they made him the "lethal protector, his 3rd incarnation, and arguably his best (though currently he is in a "4th" where brock is nothing more than a dead carrier of the suit).

See? It doesnt MATTER how the character became who he is today. Its the fact that the character IS how he is, and that there really isn't too much you can do to just warp it back around and say "well, the comics dont matter... its the movie fett that is the real one". Your case only WORSENS when you take the time to figure out that this IS A COMIC FORUM, WE ARE USING THE COMIC VERSIONS OF ALL CHARS!!!!

As a side note... Boba Fett WAS a much larger role in the original 9-part version of starwars, which Lucas WAS in charge of! So don't go putting words in director/prodcuers' mouths saying that they had no intentions of developing a char any further when you have a very limited amount of information dealing with the subject.

oh... and your "reason" for boba losing can be summarized as this "i live venom... fire cant hurt venom for long... sonics cant hurt venom for long... venom is stronger" lol. You have one advantage... the others are just merely shrugging off the weaknesses that tend to beat him 9/10 !!!! In fact, check out "Venom: Lethal Protector". Venom gets his ass handed to him at various parts, and if it wasn't for the idiots "containing" him rather than killing him, he would be long dead. WHy? Sonics and fire....

Tron
Most big characters never start off as planned: Superman didn't start off flying, Batman wasn't the greatest detective and fighter, Punisher wasn't meant to be hero, Hulk wasn't meant to break off into 3 personas, hell, X-Men weren't even meant to be as big as they are, but that's the way things work. When comic or movie companies make characters, and then notice that people happen to like them, they work on them to make them good, and in most cases do a damn good job of it. And Kontraz is right, like I said in my last post, this IS a comic forum, and the person who started is going by the Boba Fett in the comics, whether you like it or not. I'm still staying neutral on this fight, but I'll say that Boba would definitely give Venom hell, whichever way this battle goes.

who?-kid

who?-kid
Wrong. I agree nobody knew he would become so popular, and I also agree he wasn't meant to be a major villain, but we're talking about comics : EVERYTHING can happen in comics, and when a certain character becomes popular, he suddenly pops up in lots of other titles. That's one of the rules of the comic world.

So you have to always consider the fact when reading a comic with a new character that he or she can have his or her own series. A movie is another medium.

You forget one little detail : Venoms powers or abilities haven't changed that much. From the beginning he was scary, very strong, had a web, he could transform his suit into ordinary clothes and so on. I know the writers added some more abilities when he became more popular : they gave him some spider-sense and so, but basically, he was the same !!!

Boba Fett wasn't. From a (cool) amateur to one of the most dangerous men in the universe. That is a big change.

Thirst
who?-kid show me where George Lucas specifically says that he didnt expect to make a trilogy.

and Boba Fett wasnt casted to be an amateur. Why do you think they had him as the man who would capture Han Solo. They brought 5 other bounty hunters on the Executor. Any one of them couldve captured Han Solo but they didnt. Fett did. None of the others had the respect Vader had for Fett.

Kontraz
Who-kid, nowhere in my statement did i say it was all lucas's idea. I said he played a major part in it, and in Lucas's original plan (it is lucas's by LAW, i dont give a shit who really came up with it) it was meant to be a 9-part piece, granting Fett much more action (though he never achieved a "star" role i don't think...)

Kontraz
okay... "anything can happen in comics". Really? Did it take you a while to think about that? Well, you forgot that the same applies to movies... especially movie SERIES, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

As for Venom not making any changes power-wise, NEITHER HAS FETT. He got next to NO on screen action, so how can you claim that he never had his comic "abilities" throughout the movie?!? YOU CANT! From comic to comic venom has gotten MUCH stronger (especially in appearance) and his motive has altered drastically. From movie to comics, Fett has gotten more "on screen/page" time... thats about all the change for him.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, he seemingly knew Fett when he said "No exceptions".

Linkalicious
Venom always has his little Symbiote based Spider Sense. Spiderman's spidersense got blocked out when he had the alien symbiote on, but the symbiote itself can sense things coming from all directions....so it acts LIKE a spidersense.

Venom always had that ability...

and the only STRENGTH addition I can think of would be before he was bonded....and after he was bonded.

who?-kid

Kontraz
"'m done arguing. I've given lots of reasons why BF isn't in the same league as Venom, why he's overrated and why he wasn't originally the man he would become. If you don't believe me, fine."

and your reasons were....? "because venom is Kool! Fett wasn't so good in the movie! Venom was changed from his original design, but fett cant be! Venom can crush venom in his hands!"

really, venom had his @$$ HANDED to him Lethal Protector. WHy? Sonics and Fire... Fett's main arsenal? Sonics and Fire....

also the original trilogy was part of the plan... the prequals were not. The "beginins" were very different in the original 9-part series then the load of crap we were handed.

Thirst
ok...i can guarentee you that you wont find a bigger Star Wars geek than me =/

and on that note, yes, Vader did respect Fett, it is stated in the books that he did. And Fett, if he was an amateur, was the one to track down a damaged Millenium Falcon. why didnt any of the other bounty hunters? you ignored that question. And yes, the Empire did help in capturing Han Solo, but if Vader didnt respect Fett or like him at all then he wouldnt have given Solo to Fett to take to Jabba. He couldve just killed Solo when Luke came so that Luke would turn to the dark side. And since when is it a very known fact that there wasnt supposed to be sequals? To answer all of your questions
Luke-Leia relationship: to make that first connection between Luke and Leia
Obi-Wan-R2-D2: since when did Luke mention R2-D2's name? and do you know how many astromech droids there are in the entire Star Wars universe? Millions, at least.
Star Wars title: Hm...i dont see "Episode V" or "Episode VI" on ESB or ROTJ...they all say Star Wars. And "Episode IV" isnt on A New Hope either.
Vader-Luke: Vader never once saw Luke's face or even had a clue that he was his son. Nobody mentioned to Vader that Luke's last name was Skywalker.
General-Vader: he refers to the thousands of years the Jedi had guarded the Republic, not to the Jedi themselves.

and why do you keep saying that Fett died? Do we physically see his corpse? No. So nobody knows for a fact that he died. And if you watch ROTJ again, you'll notice that Fett's primary target is Luke due to the fact that he's a Jedi. A Jedi killed his father, so he wants to kill Jedi. Simple enough to explain. And while he's aiming for Luke, Solo says "Boba Fett?! Where?!" and turns around and accidentially hits Fett's jetpack. That could happen to anyone who's attention is elsewhere. And none of the bounty hunter's names were mentioned in Empire Strikes Back, but yet they each have their own stories and backgrounds now.

since your done arguing im not gonna say anthing else, but i just wanted to make some points to your arguements.

who?-kid

Kontraz
Venom is more agile... not faster.... but then again, most of his attacks are physical, whereas a flamethrower can easily connect. Meaner? Hmph... yeah, right... and thats why he goes out of his way to protect all who are "innocent"? Doesn't seem too mean to me.... "very strong web"... burns pretty nicely, though. spider-sense? alright, i'll give it to you, but he still got his ass kicked in lethal prortector, despite his watered-down spidey sense. He is stronger, no doubts there... but catching fett and getting in close enough to use his strength would be quite a task. And yes, Fett IS entirely armored.

and please, in a thread that is meant as a DEBATE, don't go telling others not to debate your "facts" when they are obviously opinionated and/or false.

DarkCrawler
Could Venom just shoot the web on Boba and pull him to himself, then kick his ass?

who?-kid

Evangel94
Were talking about the comic book version of boba fett. Notice that this is a comic versus forum.

crazyspinz
fett sees venom, venom sees fett, fett flys into air, fett shoots venom, venom dodges, venom shoots webs at fett, smashes fett into building, window cleaner scrapes mandalorian blood of window

Swanky-Tuna
HAHAHA! Funny stuff man. Venom's web shoots with the force of a cannon? Enough to force to fatally smash an armored man into glass that doesn't break?

crazyspinz
ya dude, its realy hard glass...

Kontraz
as i said before who-kid... do some research... even the "cloth" components are heavily armored. Mandalorian armor is the most durable and efficient in all of star wars lore (unless something else has been added that i'm not aware of...). Think of the "cloth" as that mythrel stuff that frodo had (the indestrucatble dragon scale stuff or somethign) and the plates are just even stronger....

and yes, a flamethrower would destoroy a stream of webbing nearly instantly.... its part of being a orgainc... IT BURNS!!! And quite quickly, I might add. And why do you keep saying Venom is meaner? LOL. I've NEVER seen Fett run up to an enemy and hug them before gutting them....

and i wasnt saying its wrong to be onpinionated... i'm just saying that your list of "facts" are no more than opinions... WHICH ARE NOT FACTS!!!! And as I have said earlier, GO READ LETHAL PROTECTOR.... just do it... right now. Fett "cannot kill venom". Yeah, sure, yet some security guards wielding flamethrowers and sonic devices can.... right.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

crazyspinz
i know fett has rokets, lasers and guns, but does he aucaly carry a flame thrower around with him, no, and before he could find out wut hurts venom he would be dead

DarkCrawler
Actually, he has flamethrower around him all the times.
http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/starwars/wallpapers/boba-fett-flamethrower.jpg

DarkCrawler
Because they know what Venoms weakness is...

crazyspinz
realy, cuz i never saw him use it in the movies, but im not as firmialar witrh the star wars comics, but still if fett saw venom, he would try fire first, he would just be like "o look a black spidery guy, im gonna shoot him with lazers" and by the time he relized they wouldnt work fett is pounded to nothing

crazyspinz
he wouldnt*** try fire first

Kontraz
Fett's helm analyzes molecular data on all of his opponents WHILE he fights them. I think it was originally designed to scope out midichlorians (the jedi bacteria type stuff) but now it looks for weaknesses in anything all the way down to cellular and molecular structures.

crazyspinz
realy, thats quite the bucket.... so venom, would take off the helm first, why? because its common sense u take of helmate then bite head off

Wynndar
yea i think we need to stop making comparisons with the movie BF and refer to the comic BF...it just doesnt make sense in a comic book forum

who?-kid
Okay no problem, I can live with that (though the movie BF is the most known, the most popular and started it all). But okay, no more movie BF.

So, Venom against comic BF ?

BF spots Venom, and fires his gun (whatever gun he wants). Venom, thanks to his sort of spider-sense and his agility, dodges it easily and immediately uses his web to:
- blind Boba Fett
- web up Boba Fett
- web up his weapons
- web up his flying device

(you can pick anything you want)

and then jumps to Boba Fett, who is still struggling with the web (if, for example, he of his weapons are covered up under the sticky, strong web, he has to be very careful not to burn himself or damage his weapons when using his flamethrower, that is, if he still can use his flamethrower).

Venom then has all the time in the world to finish him off while whistling a nice tune. I will leave the rest to your imagination.

Kontraz
Blind fett... how? Throw web at him? Fett has jedi-like reflexes.. porbably on par with venom's spider-sense. The web would be fired, and as it comes soaring at him, fett just torches it into little cinders of carbon.... plain and simple. Really, venom's webbing isn't going to help him here. The ONLY thing that would save him is his brute strength, but even then, catching fett is going to be nearly impossible for him. as I have said multiple times already LETHAL PROTECTOR. Fett is just like an uber version of one of those guys....

who?-kid
Yes exactly.

Oh, it was those reflexes I saw in the movies - oops, I did it again, I mentioned the movies stick out tongue Sorry, won't happen again.

Wow, hold it young man.

Yes, very true. Finally something we agree on.

as it comes soaring at him... just like it's taking a few hours to actually reach Boba Fett. Reflexes or no reflexes, he's still a human, and no human can burn a web fired by Venom with a clumsy flamethrower before it reaches him. You realize the web is very very fast, it's like Venom fires his web - zziiip (half a second) - web reaches Boba Fett.

As it comes soaring... laughing

Swanky-Tuna
Boba Fett's human? Isn't he a space human-like race? Name kind of sounds like a melon, I forgot.

crazyspinz
madalorian, and they are mutch, mutch tougher faster and meaner than humans, but venom still picks him outta his teeth in the morning

who?-kid

Kontraz
you do realize that it is a wrist mounted flamethower... and yes, in half a second he can easily put his hand on his wrist. If the webbing was to even touch the flame it would be burnt into nearly nothing almost immediately (by nearly nothing, i of course mean into gasses, etc) Really, the Webbing wouldn't determine this fight in the least.

The ONLY thing Venom has on fett is agility and strength. Fett has abilities and speed. Like I said, it would be close, but seeing as almost all of fett's weapons are venom's weaknesses.... its not gonna be pretty for the symbiote.

Keep in mind, i like Venom more than Fett, but I can admit when he would lose. Just like he lost to war machine, and he would to iron man, Fett would destroy him in the end if he went up against the guy.

thundercracker
gotta agree with that look venom rules but this guy has furtrisistic.............. thingies and you cant lose with futureistic thingies

Kontraz
ah... yet another decepticon to add to our ranks....

and one that agrees with me... how grand.

who?-kid
Advanced ? Yes. Futuristic ? No.

Remember the tagline A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Kontraz
"futuristic" doesnt actually mean of the future, but future-like, and by our standards they are futuristic wink

crazyspinz
pfff i like venom in this one

Kontraz
yeah, i like venom over fett too, and i hate iron man and war machine, but venom would lose to any of those 3...

Linkalicious
What happened to Boba in the movies?

I rest my case...he isn't THAT impressive. Venom would rip his head off and eat his brains.

A blast from a flame thrower will hurt Venom....not kill him. Boba wouldn't sit there cooking Venom, he's make a mistake. And that would cost him his life.

Kontraz
we've been over this before.. its not fett from the movies, its fett from the comics, quit bringing the other fett up....

MERCILOUS
Yeah Fett is so cool, he wins cause of all the missles and stuff.

Piedmon
I believe Boba Fett's arsenal includes a flame thrower..... well, that wraps up this fight....

MERCILOUS
That's what I'm talking about.

Next Venom_girl
Venom takes this, but it would be a cool fight to watch. stick out tongue

MERCILOUS
Why? Bobba's got everything he needs and is more than capable of applying said means.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Yeah Fett is so cool, he wins cause of all the missles and stuff.
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were obviously bumping Spiderman related threads to rile up spidey fans.

On a related note, you can see I prove my long history of being a spidey fanboy by arguing for boba fett in this thread.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were obviously bumping Spiderman related threads to rile up spidey fans.

On a related note, you can see I prove my long history of being a spidey fanboy by arguing for boba fett in this thread.

Luckily you do know better.

jinzin
I would definitely think venom would lose at face value..... you guys are right he has all he needs to take venom out....but I thought about it a bit further and realized that venom took down a whole brigade of mace warriors each packing about as much in their arsenal as bobba by themselves...venom was hella messed up by the end of it...but he did win....and they had weapons specifically designed to kill him...IMO he'd be able to take bobba.....especially if he got pissed off...

MERCILOUS
Yeah, but those are mace warriors, Bobba's the man. I'm not saying it wouldn't be interesting or nothing, but this is one wicked talented bastard.

jinzin
I'm not denying bobba fett...I'm just saying venom took down an entire brigade of dudes with armor and weaponry specifically designed to take him out.....and he did it again when he handed the jury their cllective ass in the arachnis project...........two of my faves...but the only thing I see that rocket on his back being usefull for is getting the hell outa there.....bobba's the man sure.....venom's something else entirely though.....

MERCILOUS
I don't know man, I kinda see Bobba as "what if batman preped for Venom" the only difference is that Bobba goes for the kill.

jinzin
my other reasoning is that when venom gets pissed he doesn't nurse his weaknesses....like when spiderman and human torch went back to the island to get him to help with carnage........he ran right through a sonic gun.....started kicking spiderman's ass and then started draowning human torch when he tried to fry/interfere.......for as cool as bobba is.. I just don't think he equates....sad

MERCILOUS
Yeah, those are pretty convincing feats. I'm just not sure, Bobba's one of the few guys to take it to the jedi without fear or hesitation.

jinzin
yeah....but he was one of the countless guys to get stomped by said jedi too......... IMO venom fights guys like juggy without fear or hesitation but that factor really doesn't pretain to the fight.......

MERCILOUS
Well yeah, but the point was that he doesn't do all that bad.

jinzin
I would never dream of stating otherwise.......

MrHeavySilence
Not a fair fight. Boba could lose to Chewbacca for christ sakes.

MERCILOUS
Chewey? since when?

leonidas
<<I'm not denying bobba fett...I'm just saying venom took down an entire brigade of dudes with armor and weaponry specifically designed to take him out.....and he did it again when he handed the jury their cllective ass in the arachnis project...........two of my faves...but the only thing I see that rocket on his back being usefull for is getting the hell outa there.....bobba's the man sure.....venom's something else entirely though.....>.

i agree. i really can't believe this thread has gone as far as it has. venom has withstood gadgets in the past. if boba were completely prepped . . . MAYBE because it has been shown venom CAN be defeated by the right weaponry - but not easily and physically he's WAYYY too much for boba. venom hands donw in a straight brawl. with prp its more interesting but i still say venom in the end.

grey fox
bobba could take this but only if he was long range if venom came in close then fett is toast

Creshosk
Originally posted by grey fox
bobba could take this but only if he was long range if venom came in close then fett is toast What could Fett do long range? What the f**k?

This matchup is ridiculous. . . Venom, unless you can come up with an extreamly biased scenerio like a sonic chamber with venom strapped down to a table with something like adamantium. . . .or energy feilds. . .

Anyway, my point there is the scenerio would have to be extremly extremly unbalanced in fett's favor.

grey fox
hmmm let me think flame thrower perhaps ...... or maby a laser (super heated beam of light) the possibilitys are endless

Creshosk
Originally posted by grey fox
hmmm let me think flame thrower perhaps ...... or maby a laser (super heated beam of light) the possibilitys are endless Flame thrower isn't that long range. . .

and if those worked on venom 100% like you imply. . . why haven't they?

who?-kid
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Not a fair fight. Boba could lose to Chewbacca for christ sakes.
Hm, it would be close. But throw in C3PO and Fett gets crushed.

CorderaMitchell
I love Boba and Venom though it would be on the fact of how far away boba could get from venom.

daniel18
bobbfet vs venom how stupid is this

MERCILOUS
If you think it's stupid don't post.

I heard someone say Bobba with prep time would be more interesting, since when does Bobba need prep? The guy's a walking armory. Bobba with out prep is Bobba who hasn't had time to put on his armor, I don't think anyone was argueing that he could win without any of his stuff.

jinzin
well he's a walking armory but against venom....he's unimpressive..

MERCILOUS
I don't think I've ever heard anyone call Bobba unimpressive before. A couple of my friends are starwars geeks, they'd flip out if they heard that. I just can't bear myself to see Venom as more of a threat than a Jedi, How can Bobba hang with one but not the other?

jinzin
well he was only able to hang with a jedi/sith that wasn't forcing the crap out of him...he's got enough weapons and training to keep up on the physical battle....and I'm not saying that bobba fetts unimpressive overall.....(you can't even imagine how relieved I was when I learned he escaped the pitt from return)......just in comparison with venom....he's not all that......but venom's a hard guy to compare with for a human with no real super powers...so I don't feel too bad about saying that....

MERCILOUS
Yeah, but Venom can't Force him either, and he is rather well equiped for the job.

jinzin
venom can do a hell of a lot of other things to him though...he's well equiped but so are half the other guys that fight venom....again arachnis project: venom lays watse to the entirety of the jury AND spiderman and various other sonic totin gaurds....then fight's this guy who's the equivelant (in both strength, look, and acid spit) of a queen alien without a tail....and fights him in fire.....and wins!

bobba fett vs. that kind of onslaught?........I still say venom takes this..

MERCILOUS
I don't know who the jury is, and Fett could just fly out of the fire, but It does sound like it might be too much for him.

CorderaMitchell
Venom's symbiote is very versatile and could come into many uses for weapons and such.

Scoobless
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I don't know who the jury is, and Fett could just fly out of the fire, but It does sound like it might be too much for him.

http://members.fortunecity.com/dm_bishop2/marvel/jury.html

http://www.samruby.com/AmazingSpider-ManP/Large/AmazSpid384.JPG

5 guys in battle suits designed to take down Venom

CorderaMitchell
I remember the JURY! I play them a lot on Spiderman and Venom, seperation anxiety, God I loved whooping those, guys and the symbiotes. Nothing was better until you finall got to hit that Iron man Reject. It felt soooo good. Happy Dance evil face

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scoobless
http://members.fortunecity.com/dm_bishop2/marvel/jury.html

http://www.samruby.com/AmazingSpider-ManP/Large/AmazSpid384.JPG

5 guys in battle suits designed to take down Venom
They're seperate people with seperate abilities though.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
They're seperate people with seperate abilities though.

yeah.... they each have a different type of primary weapon... sonics/fire/concussive/.... whatever....

they all have enhanced strength and can all fly..... they train as a team.... when Hawkeye took over the Thunderbolts they were upgraded and USAgent became their leader .... but he later abandoned them (i think)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>