Walking tall versus The Rundown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trav6612
Which one did you think was better?

I loved both but I really enjoyed walking tall because it was based on a true story

ragesRemorse
Walking tall was actually decent, but the rundown was a sorry exscuse for a movie.

WindDancer
Walking Tall had more of a serious story. Whereas the Rundown was more of a cheap comedic action movie. I liked Walking Tall for being simple and not overdone.

BloomBabyGirl
i like walking tall because it was as u said tru story and involved normal poeple (ha.lets take this time to think of the rock in a normal crowd of poeple). i liked the rundown cuz it had at least some dry humor and the rock got his ass kicked by little guys. but walking tall hands down

WindDancer
It was a simple role. That's what I think the Rock should keep doing. He is not a bad actor, but certainly has had bad roles. In Walking Tall, he looks more human than barbarian looking. He should stay away from roles that are too super heroic type.

BloomBabyGirl
exactly. roles like the rundown made him loook like superman with a tan ya kno? in walking tall tho nothing fancy really happened

botankus
These versus threads are really getting annoying now

trav6612
walking tall was a great movie, I love though in the rundown, when travis(seanne) has to pee and the rock is like pee, and has to pull his ziper down. Maybe that is just guy humor but it was funny.

Linkalicious
Seriously, these movies star Dwayne Johnson as the main character...

You should all hang your heads in shame if you watched either of these movies before they came out on cable, because these weren't worth the cost of admission into the theatre, nor wre they worth the $4-5 dollars you'd pay to rent them at Blockbuster...

botankus
Walking Tall was barely over an hour long, too. My head is definately hung in shame.

trav6612
you guys have to be freaking kidding me, they were great, the rock is a bad ass too.

botankus
I didn't say it was bad, I was complaining about the bang for the buck.

trav6612
I would say that about most movies now a days. I mean 7-9 bucks a pop. That sucks anyways.

Thirst
i liked both but i thought the Rundown was better. That may just be my love of comedy though. Rundown was funnier.

MildPossession
HAven't seen Walking Tall yet, but I liked The Rundown a lot, fun movie, and a bonus of Walken in the film.

<<Solo>>
Idiotic Question. The Rundown by far.

BloomBabyGirl
and...why?

trav6612
yeah why was that an idiotic quesiton? That wasn't the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, but that question is a legitimate question

WindDancer
I have no-shame. Walking Tall was good.

Myth
Walking Tall was horrible. The fights were retarded and the cameral angles during them were god awful. Plus, the Rock took on like 5 large security guards and yet he got his ass kicked by the pansy main bad guy. Btw, many of you seem to like it because it is based on a real story. The key here is "based on". Walking Tall had drama (come on, the Rock being serious?) and action (poorly executed). Very dull movie.

The Rundown, although not great, was pretty good in the sense that it had a little comedy and action. The action sequences were fun to watch because they were (intentionally) comical. Plus Christafer Walken was hillarious.

<<Solo>>
It was idiotic because Walking Tall sucked @$$ compared to Rundown.

And Myth agree with you 100%.

trav6612
Did you see the same movie as I did? Walking Tall was awesome and of course the rundown was as well, but hey movies never get the true story completly right but still it was good.

Myth
I don't know. I hear the old one isn't all that bad, but the new one with the Rock was awful. Seriously, rewatch the fight scenes. Plus, as I said, he can take on a bunch of security guards but suddenly struggles against the main bad guy? WTF?

<<Solo>>
Exactly. And the old one was quite sweet.

trav6612
I haven't seen the old one, when was it done and is it called walking tall as well?

Cinemaddiction
The original "Walking Tall" was released in 1973, and is actually a trilogy.

trav6612
what are the names of the original three?

BloomBabyGirl
]

thats what i was thinking at the end. he takes all the big guys down just like tath then the skinny crack dealer and him fight for like a year

trav6612
hey its all part of the drama, he beat up the big guys, but got hurt in the process and then had to take on the small guy which made him look tougher than he really is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.